PDA

View Full Version : A house divided cannot stand

SonicInfinity
11-07-2007, 12:11 PM
I don't know who thought of donating on both the 15th and the 16th, but it will NOT work. We need to choose a date a stick with it.

The favorite date, it seems, is the 16th, but so far, I've seen COUNTLESS people spamming the 15th and 16th all over in YouTube comments and other forums. This is ridiculous, people. Barely two days after the 5th, and you are all going crazy without there even being a solid consensus.

We need to make the official date the 16th and STAY WITH IT. A house divided cannot stand, and a donation day divided will just be ignored by the media.

literatim
11-07-2007, 12:21 PM
Agreed. I have been telling people this.

jumpyg1258
11-07-2007, 12:23 PM
What exactly is wrong with having a whole weekend for donating? Let the peeps who want to donate on the 15th do so and the ones that want to donate on the 16th do so as well. Everyone wins!

Van Damme
11-07-2007, 12:27 PM
The only reason I would advocate allowing the entire weekend to be the focus of the donations is simply because it would allow the servers more time to process the donations. To me it seemed that on Nov. 5th the servers at ronpaul2008.com were barely keeping up with the inflow of cash, so if we plan on doubling the four million raised on Nov. 5th then spreading this donation surge across two days sounds like a good idea. However, if we can get confirmation that the servers are capable of handling this large amount of cash, then by all means lets focus on Dec. 16th alone.

James R
11-07-2007, 12:30 PM
What exactly is wrong with having a whole weekend for donating? Let the peeps who want to donate on the 15th do so and the ones that want to donate on the 16th do so as well. Everyone wins!

What is wrong with it is that we get less media coverage if we have a 48-hour fundraiser. We have a shot at breaking the all-time record for one-day held by John Kerry.

austin356
11-07-2007, 12:31 PM
The only reason I would advocate allowing the entire weekend to be the focus of the donations is simply because it would allow the servers more time to process the donations. To me it seemed that on Nov. 5th the servers at ronpaul2008.com were barely keeping up with the inflow of cash, so if we plan on doubling the four million raised on Nov. 5th then spreading this donation surge across two days sounds like a good idea. However, if we can get confirmation that the servers are capable of handling this large amount of cash, then by all means lets focus on Dec. 16th alone.

it would actually be a 4x Nov. 5th load since Sunday morning will be much slower relative to Sunday afternoon for a variety of reasons.

ARealConservative
11-07-2007, 12:32 PM
a sunday money bomb has a disadvantage right out of the gate IMO.

James R
11-07-2007, 12:37 PM
a sunday money bomb has a disadvantage right out of the gate IMO.

Sunday is the slowest news day of the week, and Sunday is the slowest internet day of the week. Bad day for a fundraiser. We can still do the Boston Tea Party theme if we bump it back to Dec 14th. Therefore, I favor the 14th or 17th. But, I think the 16th has too much momentum right now to be stopped.

Gimme Some Truth
11-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Agreed.

We need to get a consensus (which seems to be 15th = mass sign posting, talking to voters, handing RP info etc and mass donation on the 16th) before goin all out on promotion. Forget bein the "creator" , forget the "credit" , this is getting so childish

In the future when people look back at this revolution and Ron Paul's presidency we can ALL look back and say to ourselves "I helped make that happen. I was part of the 2nd American Revolution" . Do not hurt the campaign with ego.

Together we can make history. Apart we may be lucky to be on CNN.

NinjaPirate
11-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Sunday is the slowest news day of the week, and Sunday is the slowest internet day of the week. Bad day for a fundraiser. We can still do the Boston Tea Party theme if we bump it back to Dec 14th. Therefore, I favor the 14th or 17th. But, I think the 16th has too much momentum right now to be stopped.

People will mark their calendars for this. We're doing this more than a month in advance which will give people time to plan their schedules. But within the next few days be on the look out for those who say they can't donate on that day due to scheduling conflicts. We should start to advertise that the 16th is in fact on a Sunday, and then see what the consensus is.

NinjaPirate
11-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Agreed.

We need to get a consensus (which seems to be 15th = mass sign posting, talking to voters, handing RP info etc and mass donation on the 16th) before goin all out on promotion.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Forget bein the "creator" , forget the "credit" , this is getting so childish

There's no "I" in team! ....but there is a ME!

I kid, I kid. :D

SonicInfinity
11-07-2007, 01:04 PM
I seriously doubt the servers will break the second time around. The Ron Paul campaign must know of these things by now, and must be trying to fortify their servers for the next influx.

I like the idea of "handing out all sorts of stuff, mass reminders, etc." on the 15th and having the 16th solely for donations.

literatim
11-07-2007, 01:07 PM
What is wrong with it is that we get less media coverage if we have a 48-hour fundraiser. We have a shot at breaking the all-time record for one-day held by John Kerry.

James R is right, we have a record to beat.

jblosser
11-07-2007, 01:14 PM
So beat it Saturday and then beat it worse on Sunday.

literatim
11-07-2007, 01:17 PM
So beat it Saturday and then beat it worse on Sunday.

That is just ignorant. All that is going to happen is the $6.2 million we need to raise to beat the record will be split in two days. Result: Not beating any record at all.

Mani
11-07-2007, 01:21 PM
Shoot for $7million? Try to double the 35,000 into 70,000 and beat the record?

It's an aggressive goal, but so was 100,000 donors.

That would make the news on Monday Dec. 17th. If you recall yesterday the 6th was the climax of media attention, after the numbers finalized.

So if the money bomb hits Sunday, yes it's a slow news day, but when the numbers are finalized, Monday morning they'll be talking about it. That wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

literatim
11-07-2007, 01:24 PM
The advantage of a Sunday fund raiser is that the news will spark on Monday. Most people don't watch the news on Sunday.

Jobarra
11-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Exactly. Plus the Sunday morning shows will be flush with other candidate interviews(just a guess). I doubt they would bring up fundraising numbers when another candidate is on the show.

I wonder if the campaign staff can maybe just for that Sunday put up a special graphic and donate button and then have a link to the official site. Would that help the load any?

justinc.1089
11-07-2007, 05:00 PM
I wish these people would quit talking about donations being done on the 15th, the majority clearly disagrees with you. The consensus on here is to promote and rally and such on the 15th, and donate on the 16th.

Donating on both days is the worst idea though by far. Lets say we raise $7 million on the 16th, that would only be like $4 million on the 15th and $3 million on the 16th if we tell everyone to donate both days.

Why you ask? Simple, people only have so much money to donate, and only so many people will donate. If Bob donates $100 on the 15th, Bob has no $100 to donate on the 16th. Bob could split up his $100, but how would that help? Now you may say "But more Bob's will donate on the 16th!" But if 100 Bob's want to donate, then 50 will donate one day and 50 the other day. There won't be another 100 Bobs just because there is another day.

Having a second day won't just double the money somehow.

And the 16th will work just fine. People talking about servers crashing are worrying a little too much. I was a little concerned about that too back on the 5th but nothing happened, and this time Paul's site will prepare for this so it will be fine. The donations will also be planned ahead of time so people will still donate on a sunday.

K1RBY
11-07-2007, 07:54 PM
two days of fundraising will not work very well.
Dec. 16th should be the only day.

K1RBY
11-07-2007, 07:55 PM
the idea here is to break records and get media coverage.
splitting it into 2 days is very dumb.

rich34
11-07-2007, 08:20 PM
The only way the media will jump wildly onto this story is if we raise 6, 7, 8 million in ONE day. You raise 8 million in two days sure the media will cover it, but not like 8 million in one day!

ayort
11-07-2007, 10:25 PM
I believe we are all going to picket and hang Ron Paul signs everywhere nationwide on the 15th telling the general public to google Ron Paul and to donate to the cause the following day. Attempting to ENLARGE THE BOMB!!!

Zydeco
11-07-2007, 10:28 PM
16th only please. The Boston Tea Party idea is perfect and we need to focus on it.

Liberty
11-07-2007, 10:29 PM
1 day, December 16
We want to get a one day record.

fightfortruth
11-07-2007, 10:39 PM

I agree. It needs to be one day so we can try to beat the Kerry record. that would be awsome. Their jaws would stay permenently dropped. We would win the battle against the media. I know it.

seapilot
11-07-2007, 10:56 PM
The pony is out the gate already folks running too fast to make it back up now! I am throwing my tea off the ship called liberty and its already marked on my calender as the 16th. Happy tossing!

son of liberty
11-07-2007, 11:09 PM
Action on the 15th, Donate on the 16th

Energy
11-07-2007, 11:14 PM
Party on the 15th. Donate on the 16th. And party again. Beat Kerry.

Don't worry about people promoting it already. When the sites go live, people will get the picture when they visit.

work2win
11-08-2007, 01:07 AM

We already got the record as far as the media is concerned. Thats how they reported it yesterday. We won't need this angle next time, just the angle of MORE MONEY AND MORE SUPPORT in typical Ron Paul Grassroots style. I agree that it is best to focus on a single day though, and the 16th seems to be the one. The best suggestion I heard is to hold rallies and events on the 15th, setting the stage for the donations on the 16th.