PDA

View Full Version : Hannity Visitors, welcome! What do you think?

enjerth
11-07-2007, 12:11 PM
What do you think about Ron Paul's positions on issues?

Let's be engaging in ways other than brawling.

Mortikhi
11-07-2007, 12:20 PM
To Hannity visitors:
I was once you.
I voted for Bush twice.
I grew up in a Dem family and I was the black sheep Republican.
I was 100% for 'killin those muzzies'

Then, back in June, I heard Ron Paul speak and I thought to myself....
What could I do with a 10-40% raise? (no income tax)
What could I do with the money saved from not having it taken from me for social security (which I will never see a dime of - 34yr old here)
Why the hell are we in Japan, Korea, Guam, England, Germany, Italy.....seriously, wtf?

I've been for a Ron Paul presidency ever since.

If you think Ron Paul is a flake, whacked out, stupid, whatever...then I invite you to watch Ronald Reagan, the greatest President of our generation, speak back in 1964 >>>link<<< (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1777069922535499977&q=ronald+reagan&total=1921&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3)
...now go listen to Ron Paul.

It's almost verbatim.

Please tune out the fear propagandists and warmongers and dedicate a mere 30 minutes of your time. You won't regret it.

enjerth
11-07-2007, 12:34 PM
I voted for Bush twice. Grew up in a Republican family and I've always been Republican, through and through.

I never frequented the forums, but I used to watch Hannity every day. I always watch O'Reilly and follow right in to Hannity & Colmes. I used to watch Glenn Beck when I could, sometimes I'd have to choose between Beck & Hannity. I was a Thompson supporter and watched his interview on Hannity & Colmes. When I learned about Ron Paul, I was reluctant, but that quickly dissipated. I still watched O'Reilly, Hannity and Beck.

That has all changed since O'Reilly called Ron Paul a pinhead, Hannity seemed quite unfriendly and Beck keeps calling Ron Paul crazy.

I was reluctant when it came to the Iraq war in 2003. But now that we're there, I believe we need to stay (for now) to "put Humpty-Dumpty back together again". I'm not too worried about Ron Paul taking us out early, because by 2009 we had BETTER be able to withdraw. Nearly 6 years should be enough, and if it isn't, I don't know if we'll ever be done. We can't keep this up indefinitely.

What sold me on Ron Paul is the fact that he's truly financially conservative. We are in BIG trouble and we need BIG changes to stop this country from falling apart due to the impact of inflation. Ron Paul is a radical change, but that's what we really need.

To Hannity visitors:
I was once you.
I voted for Bush twice.
I grew up in a Dem family and I was the black sheep Republican.
I was 100% for 'killin those muzzies'

Then, back in June, I heard Ron Paul speak and I thought to myself....
What could I do with a 10-40% raise? (no income tax)
What could I do with the money saved from not having it taken from me for social security (which I will never see a dime of - 34yr old here)
Why the hell are we in Japan, Korea, Guam, England, Germany, Italy.....seriously, wtf?

I've been for a Ron Paul presidency ever since.

If you think Ron Paul is a flake, whacked out, stupid, whatever...then I invite you to watch Ronald Reagan, the greatest President of our generation, speak back in 1964 >>>link<<< (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1777069922535499977&q=ronald+reagan&total=1921&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3)
...now go listen to Ron Paul.

It's almost verbatim.

Please tune out the fear propagandists and warmongers and dedicate a mere 30 minutes of your time. You won't regret it.

xcalybur
11-07-2007, 01:01 PM
I was raised as a Democrat and until I married my wife and had kids was a democrat. Then I became a republican (kids will change you) and voted for Bush twice (Honestly, biggest mistake of my life). I have always felt, even as a Democrat in my teens that I should be responsible for me and my family. No one else. Laws on music, video games, movie ratings, books, and so much more isn't up to Congress, it is up to me to tell my kids that they can't watch, listen to, or read something. I've always felt that government needs to be out of our lives. The founding fathers had it right and they were closest to traditional republicans now a days.

Original_Intent
11-07-2007, 01:16 PM
I was raised Republican and have NEVER voted Democrat. I have voted in every general election and several primaries.

I voted for Reagan, but I did not vote for either of the Bushes, because I could not believe that they were the best the GOP could come up with as candidates, and looking back I would have regretted supporting either of them.

I guess you would call me a "disaffected Republican". I think the party platform is pretty much what the country needs, but I will not vote in Republicans who will not stand by the party principles. I have been voting third party since Reagan, although I have supported some GOP candidates in the primaries and then reverted to third party when they did not get the nomination (and the nominee was unsupportable in my view).

This is where I am with Ron Paul. Once again we have a man of principle with a record of sticking by those principles even when he is ridiculed and scorned for doing so. He best adheres to the Republican platform and I trust him, because of his record that he will follow through on what he says.

Bush Jr. ran on "no more nation building" and "shrink the federal government."

He has gone in the opposite direction on both of these issues.

Most of the other GOP candidates speak in support of the status quo. The ones who do speak for significant change do not have the record of consistency to gain my trust.

Ron Paul cannot be contained in a sound bite so please take 30 minutes and educate yourselves about his positions. See how they are based on the founding principles that have made this country great. Then follow your conscience.

Kregener
11-07-2007, 01:21 PM
I was a card-carrying Republican, who wrote Ron Paul in for president TWICE, before ceasing to participate in the Dog-n-Pony show any further. I NEVER voted for Daddy Bush, Dole or Bush V.2...ever.

Now I am back in...because of Ron Paul.

Paulitician
11-07-2007, 01:31 PM
Wow, can these hannity threads be removed? Absolute lunacy... waste of space.

enjerth
11-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Lunacy is fighting people rather than trying to win them over.

Turning a voter away from a front-runner to Ron Paul is worth double points.

Wow, can these hannity threads be removed? Absolute lunacy... waste of space.