PDA

View Full Version : DRUDGE BOMB: Ron Paul Tells Newsmax: I Support Israel

IndianaPolitico
12-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Ron Paul: I Support Israel http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/paul-israel-support-wead/2011/12/07/id/420247

This will help to clear up ALOT! Let's get this on Drudge!

KingRobbStark
12-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Bump!

CaptUSA
12-07-2011, 12:36 PM
There ya go!! This is an important one for Drudge to carry!

Okie RP fan
12-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Done.

JakeH
12-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Dr. Paul did a GREAT job of clarifying his position there.

garyallen59
12-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Drudged!!!!

Okie RP fan
12-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Why aren't more people Drudging this?

This is really important!

IndianaPolitico
12-07-2011, 12:51 PM

I did... ;)

CaptUSA
12-07-2011, 12:52 PM
It will make a perfect addition to put right below this article that Drudge has up right now: http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/197683-gop-candidates-flock-to-dc-to-woo-jewish-voters-

Get on this, folks!!!

hillertexas
12-07-2011, 12:54 PM
drudged

Verrater
12-07-2011, 12:57 PM
drudged

alex_florida
12-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Ron Paul: I Support Israel http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/paul-israel-support-wead/2011/12/07/id/420247

This will help to clear up ALOT! Let's get this on Drudge!

Two more great articles on the Paul and Israel:
Ron Paul, Zionist http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2011/12/ron-paul-zionist/249532/ and
Open Letter to the Republican Jewish Coalition on Ron Paul by Walter Block http://lewrockwell.com/block/block186.html

I think the most people, incl. on this forum, do not understand what is Zionism and write complete nonsense in comments those alienate prospective Jewish supporters of dr. Paul ... may be these articles, incl. what dr. Paul said, will clean their brains...

squirekyle

How DO you contact Drudge????

KEEF
Drudged

KEEF
12-07-2011, 01:06 PM

Go to Drudgereport.com and on the right hand side (2/3 of the way down the page), you'll see "SEND NEWS TIPS TO DRUDGE", simply copy and paste the article title and the url.

tbone717
12-07-2011, 01:07 PM

Bottom right, there is a box that says "send news tips to drudge"

squirekyle
12-07-2011, 01:10 PM
Go to Drudgereport.com and on the right hand side (2/3 of the way down the page), you'll see "SEND NEWS TIPS TO DRUDGE", simply copy and paste the article title and the url.

Thanks. Never knew that was there. Drudged.

KEEF
12-07-2011, 01:13 PM
How did a Romney donation plea get onto the top of Drudge? hxxp://fortyfore.com/

squirekyle
12-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Here's a statement you can send to your Pro-Israel friends as well as this article:

Paul is a staunch supporter of ISRAEL by cutting it and their neighbors foreign aid, which currently arms Israel's enemies with up to 20 Billion dollars a year from the American taxpayer; over 7 times as much as Israel receives from the U.S. See PDF: http://www.americansforisrael.com/wp-content/uploads/americans-for-israel-2012.gif

Paul supports "unshackling Israel" from the bad influences of Washington D.C.'s Politicians & The United Nations by respecting their sovereignty and ability to make wise decisions without persuasion.

This gives Israel the flexibility to solve their border problems and quibbles with their neighbors without interference, while keeping an open door for Israel to ask for advice if they wish to do so. This is unlike past Presidents who have allowed Israel's land to be divided through pressure from the U.N. and Washington's corrupt leaders. See this video if you want to learn more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3N0s_Ibau4

roversaurus
12-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Dang! That was good!

thesnake742
12-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Drudged. This article is crucial in clarifying RP's foreign policy. People need to see it.

chri5opher
12-07-2011, 01:21 PM
//

thesnake742
12-07-2011, 01:22 PM
By the way, have any of these drudge bombs actually been successful? I'm all for them, just curious.

vechorik
12-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Drudged. This article is crucial in clarifying RP's foreign policy. People need to see it.

How does one "Drudge something" ??

Sorry -- I found it "higher up in this article"

ANSWER:

Thanks

squirekyle
12-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Thanks!

AParadigmShift
12-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Kosher answers, Dr. Paul :D

drudged!

squirekyle
12-07-2011, 01:25 PM
How does one "Drudge something" ??

Darthbrooklyn
12-07-2011, 01:27 PM
Drudged

maxoutco
12-07-2011, 01:29 PM
drudged

Feeding the Abscess
12-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Puke. This is total pandering.

LibertyEagle
12-07-2011, 01:42 PM

It is what Dr. Paul believes. You just don't like it, because it is not YOUR position.

Feeding the Abscess
12-07-2011, 01:44 PM
It is what Dr. Paul believes. You just don't like it, because it is not YOUR position.

And my position is?

PastaRocket848
12-07-2011, 01:48 PM
i'm fine with his position. it's important that he make it clear what his intentions are with regard to israel, and i'm generally in line with what he is saying.

what's interesting is the line being taken by the democrats re: israel in recent days. they're finally being called out, at least by some democrats if nothing else, for being aggressive occupiers whom we should not support. it's refreshing to hear something like that come from an american media source, out of the mouth of an american politician.

we've long been blindly supporting tyranny over there, and it's time we have a debate about it. i do not, however, believe ron should be the one to initiate it. let the dems do that.

squirekyle
12-07-2011, 01:53 PM
For those of you neutral or against Israel, We HAVE to win the Christian voters... I have dozens of friends who I think would support him if only he would "support Israel"... They think he's anti-semetic or have a bad taste in their mouth when he tried to cut all foreign aid a couple of years ago, almost all Israel support groups emailed that out to their viewers and said in the headline: "Paul tries to cut foreign aid to Israel"

garyallen59
12-07-2011, 01:53 PM
Drudge it guys!!!!!

Shane Harris
12-07-2011, 01:55 PM

i dont see this as pandering? he hasnt changed his position one bit. pandering is when you change your positions depending on who you are talking to and tell people what they want to hear. ron is just wording his position in a much better way for those who currently disagree to swallow. when he words it like this he is much more likely to not only make people sympathetic to his position but much much more likely to adopt his position as their own. you win people over by doing this. theyre joining us, we arent pandering to them.

squirekyle
12-07-2011, 01:56 PM
i dont see this as pandering? he hasnt changed his position one bit. pandering is when you change your positions depending on who you are talking to and tell people what they want to hear. ron is just wording his position in a much better way for those who currently disagree to swallow. when he words it like this he is much more likely to not only make people sympathetic to his position but much much more likely to adopt his position as their own. you win people over by doing this. theyre joining us, we arent pandering to them.

I totally agree with you.

CaptUSA
12-07-2011, 01:57 PM
By the way, have any of these drudge bombs actually been successful? I'm all for them, just curious.Oh hell yeah! Even on articles that I though would NEVER show up on Drudge.

flybeech
12-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Ron Paul: I Support Israel

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/p...2/07/id/420247

Drudged.

PastaRocket848
12-07-2011, 01:59 PM
For those of you neutral or against Israel, We HAVE to win the Christian voters... I have dozens of friends who I think would support him if only he would "support Israel" They all say he's anti-semetic or have a bad taste in their mouth when he tried to cut all foreign aid a couple of years ago, almost all Israel support groups emailed that out to their viewers and said in the headline: "Paul tries to cut foreign aid to Israel"

OK. that is his position. israel-firsters will not support ron paul (or anyone with a rational foreign-aid stance). let them support someone else if they don't want to take the time to actually learn about international affairs and our actions in the region and their consequences.

you can't change your core convictions for the sake of pandering to a bunch of people who insist that their imaginary friend won't let them vote for someone because of one particular issue. these people don't process issues logically or with reason, they are emotional, reactionary thinkers. in the south we call it "pissing in the wind".

flybeech
12-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Queeeeeeeee????

Ron Paul: I Support Israel http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/p...2/07/id/420247

We are sorry. The content you are looking for has either expired or is unavailable

Read more on Newsmax.com: 404

bronxboy10
12-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Drudged.

12-07-2011, 02:02 PM

Pandering would be changing his position to appeal to an audience or demographic. He hasn't.

flybeech
12-07-2011, 02:02 PM
http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/paul-israel-support-wead/2011/12/07/id/420247

anewvoice
12-07-2011, 02:03 PM

Saying what one believes is not pandering. Disagreeing with someone else is your right, I certainly don't agree with RP 100%, but he didn't say anything he has not said before. No foreign aid, we're not their owners....

At best this could be called better framing of his answer.

Corey
12-07-2011, 02:04 PM
The most important thing is that he hasn't actually changed his position at all! Sure, I hate having to pander to a group of people who are essentially traitors, and more loyal to another country than are own. But at least he has remained steadfast on his principles, as always.

Feeding the Abscess
12-07-2011, 02:08 PM
"I support Israel" means something radically different to the people it's being pitched to than it does from our perspective. It also does not imply neutrality, which has been Ron Paul's foreign policy for his entire political career.

He's either changed his foreign policy position regarding Israel, or he's pandering to the base.

Hint: It's not the former.

Carole
12-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Great article here:

Israeli Economists Agree with Rand Paul: End Foreign Aid

HTTP://THENEWAMERICAN.COM/INDEX.PHP/USNEWS/POLITICS/6201-ISRAELI-ECONOMISTS-AGREE-WITH-RAND-PAUL-END-FOREIGN-AID
WRITTEN BY DANIEL SAYANI
MONDAY, 07 FEBRUARY 2011 11:33

The question of foreign aid is one that has pitted economists against politicians, special interest groups, and foreign policy demagogues for decades. No stranger to this controversy is Kentucky Senator Rand Paul, who like his father, Texas Representative Ron Paul (both Republicans), has proposed ending U.S.foreign aid to all countries, including Israel, a decision that has earned the scorn of numerous groups on both the Left and the Right.
However, one critical aspect of the debate that has been neglected from public discourse on the topic — and that Sen. Paul may be unaware of — is the opposition of numerous Jewish and Israeli economists and religious Zionist groups to Israeli foreign aid. Like Sen. Paul, these figures believe that foreign aid is an affront against Israeli liberty and sovereignty, as well as a drain on the development of numerous sectors of the Israeli economy, such as the weapons and biotechnology industries.
Individuals including Israeli economists Ran Dagoni, Yoel Bainerman, and Alvin Rabushka, the late Rabbi Meir Kahane, as well as groups including the Jewish Task Force, the Zionist Freedom Alliance, and the Manhigut Yehudit faction of the Likud Party have long advocated for an end to U.S. foreign aid to Israel. These groups insist that Israel must develop her own economic strength and move towards more free-market economic reforms as a means of boosting national prosperity and strength.
Even Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has stated that foreign aid may do more harm than good, and proposed efforts to wean Israel off of American military aid payments.
It becomes clear, therefore, that Sen. Paul’s proposal to cut foreign aid is one which is not without support from innovative Israeli and Jewish thinkers on the issue.
Manhigut Yehudit (Hebrew for “Jewish Leadership”) is considered the most right-wing and the largest sector within the Likud Central Committee. It is committed to Israeli safety, territorial integrity, and the promotion of privatization reforms and traditional Torah values. According to co-founder Shmuel Sackett, its long-term goal is to “perfect the world in the Kingdom of the Almighty.”
Chief among the group’s priorities is “a modern and open economy based on Jewish Values,” and this entails, for the group, “No financial aid from foreign countries.” As a result of this, Manhigut Yehudit member Shmuel Ben-Gad, also librarian at George Washington University, in 2007 wrote an editorial in Israel National News actually endorsing Ron Paul, saying he should be “the Zionist choice for President”:
The US puts pressure on Israel to surrender parts of the homeland. Even worse, this relationship seems to foster a mentality of dependence amongst many Israelis who, it seems, cannot imagine Israel defying the United States in any major way.
In the upcoming presidential election, however, there is a chance to change this dramatically, by electing Congressman Ron Paul, a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination. Dr. Paul favors a non-interventionist foreign policy.
Dr. Paul's position is based upon a principled, modest, non-interventionist foreign policy - not upon anti-Zionism. Indeed, in a way, his foreign policy is mirrored by his small government domestic policy. Both recognize there are real limits to what a government can usefully do.
Cutting the apron strings to the US would, I think, make Israel become more maturely self-confident, because it would be more self-reliant. Ron Paul would both end this infantilizing, and even corrupting, aid and respect Israel's national sovereignty.
In a similar argument, Rabbi Meir Kahane also advocated for an end to American foreign aid for Israel. He was the founder and leader of the Jewish Defense League, and is considered by many to be the first victim of al-Qaeda on American soil, as he was assassinated in cold blood by convicted terrorist El Sayyid Nosair, who was also involved in the 1993 World Trade Center bombings. He also led the right-wing Kach Party in Israel until his death, and once stated that foreign aid “turns Israel into a junkie looking for her fix.” In his 1990 essay "Isolation," he said the following about foreign aid, framing it in religious terms vis-à-vis the Biblical notion of a Chosen Nation:
Exile has turned the Jew of faith into one who trembles before the man of the dust. Unless we become of might and faith, and unless we ignore both the money and the honey of the United States and their empty threats and condemnation, we stand no chance. We must be a self-reliant, set-apart, and fearless nation doing the Will of the Almighty.
Likewise, the Jewish Task Force (JTF), a group committed to Kahane’s ideology, states among its principles a commitment to:
An immediate end to all U.S. foreign aid, even to a genuine friend and ally like Israel, which is harmed rather than helped by her counterproductive dependency on America's addictive welfare handouts.
Echoing this stance is L’ Herut Tzion (Hebrew for “Zionist Freedom Alliance”), a group committed to the ideology of Zev Jabotinsky, father of Revolutionary Zionism, also known as Revisionist Zionism. Jabotinsky was a fierce anti-communist, and opposed all forms of statism, which he labeled “Communo-Fascism.” His disciples in the Zionist Freedom Alliance also believe that foreign aid is an affront against Israeli sovereignty, and thus oppose it on ideological grounds.
The group’s founder, Yehuda HaKohen, also directs “Zionists for Ron Paul,” and has also endorsed Ron Paul for President in a radio interview with Israel National News. In addition to advocating for Israeli territorial integrity, the group supports American and Israeli withdrawal from the United Nations, and is steadfastly opposed to foreign aid for Israel, saying the following:
In addition to having no constitutional basis and being an unnecessary burden on the American tax payer, United States foreign aid has also impaired the national sovereignty of the State of Israel. The aid prevents the Jewish state from adopting economic reforms that would make her self-reliant and it creates a mindset of dependency among the Israeli people. A nation cannot be both dependent and independent. ZFA calls upon the government of Israel to stop behaving like the leaders of a vassal state and begin working towards the realization of true political and economic freedom. We also advise the US government to completely end foreign aid to all nations and to concentrate instead on rebuilding the American economy.
This is a sentiment that is corroborated by numerous economists and academicians.
In the September 1995 issue of the Middle East Quarterly, economist Joel Bainerman authored an analysis entitled, “End American Aid to Israel?: Yes, It Does Harm.” Bainerman outlines a sound economic argument for opposing aid:
Arnon Gafny, who served as governor of the Bank of Israel in 1976-1981, points out that foreign aid has caused Israel to suffer from what economists call the "Dutch Disease," a generous but temporary gift (such as oil or external aid) that brings short-term benefits but impairs a country's long-term competitiveness.
It is very difficult to prove that a rich country's bestowing bilateral aid on a poorer one actually helps the poorer economy.
Ezra Sohar, author of Israel's Dilemma: Why Israel Is Falling Apart and How to Put It Back Together, notes that the lions' share of U.S. aid to Israel in the 1970s consisted of loans to purchase military equipment. "The end result should have been known from the start," says Sohar. "There is logic in borrowing to build a factory with the anticipation of repaying the loan out of profits. But in the case of armaments, it is obvious that there cannot be any profits."
Likewise, Hoover Institution Fellow Alvin Rabushka says that aid to Israel hurts Israelis:
Free money is the scourge of Israel’s economy. It is the difference between a free, prosperous Israel and a statist, dependent Israel. Before U.S. aid began flowing, Israel’s economic performance rivaled that of the high-growth Asian Tigers. Since then, Israel’s growth rate has fallen by more than half.
An article published most recently in response to the hoopla over Sen. Paul’s announcement also articulates this belief. Ran Dagoni, in the Israeli business publication Globes wrote:
The time has come to bid goodbye to the military aid that the US extends to Israel, that generous package (currently worth $3 billion) that enables the Israeli taxpayer to share the cost of procuring equipment for the IDF with the US taxpayer. Israel should itself initiate the process of detachment from the Washington breast. It should be done gradually, on terms that will enable Israel to wean itself off this intoxicating milk, before the Americans take action, on their terms. Israel won't collapse.
Both the younger and elder Paul, as well as those opposing foreign aid in general, to Israel and all other countries, are also in the good company of none other than Benjamin Netanyahu himself. In 1996, he addressed Congress and declared his intention for an end to foreign aid, according to the Harvard Israel Review:
For their part, the members of Congress gave Netanyahu a rousing welcome, applauding him 14 times, including a standing ovation when he promised to reduce Israel's reliance on the $3.2 billion in aid the United States provides the Jewish state each year.
In his promise to eventually seek less aid from the United States, the prime minister significantly did not mention any amount that might be reduced, nor did he give a timetable for achieving Israel's "economic independence.'' The day before, at a White House news conference, he said the reduced aid policy would be "pursued over the course of the coming 10 years.'' In the next four years, we are going to begin the long-term process of gradually reducing the level of your generous economic assistance,'' Netanyahu said. "We are committed to turning Israel's economy into a free market of goods and ideas, which is the only way to bring true independence.''
“I believe that we can now say that Israel has reached childhood’s end, that it has matured enough to begin approaching a state of self-reliance…. We are going to achieve economic independence.” In stating this goal, Netanyahu had two major projects in mind: ending U.S. economic aid to Israel and reforming the Israeli economy into “a free market of goods and ideas."
This sentiment was echoed earlier by Zalman Shoval, former Israeli Ambassador to the United States and a leading figure within the Likud Party. Shoval, in 1992, told an American audience that Israel should suggest through its own initiative that the United States gradually phase out civilian economic aid.
Sen. Paul and his father are not without precedent in their proposals to cut foreign aid. Perhaps without their knowing it, they are fulfilling the policy desires of a cadre of right-wing Zionist and Jewish leaders, including Ambassador Shoval, Prime Minister Netanyahu, Rabbi Kahane, and leading economists, such as Bainerman, Rabushka, Sohar, and Dagoni.
http://thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/politics/6201-israeli-economists-agree-with-rand-paul-end-foreign-aid

PastaRocket848
12-07-2011, 02:20 PM
article is gone?

Feeding the Abscess
12-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Loads for me just fine.

Carole
12-07-2011, 02:23 PM
See my post a little further down this thread.

anewvoice
12-07-2011, 02:24 PM
"I support Israel" means something radically different to the people it's being pitched to than it does from our perspective. It also does not imply neutrality, which has been Ron Paul's foreign policy for his entire political career.

He's either changed his foreign policy position regarding Israel, or he's pandering to the base.

Hint: It's not the former.

You are attributing the title to Ron Paul. At no point in the actual quoted interview does that sentence leave his mouht. He discusses the same things he always has, the answers were simply framed in a different light. The whole interview was about staying out of their affairs, as it always is, but with great clarity.

PastaRocket848
12-07-2011, 02:26 PM
"i support israel" != "i support foreign aid to israel". that's like suggesting someone who doesn't pay their kids way through college "doesn't support them". they still support them, they just understand the value of taking care of oneself.

so no, no contradiction or "pandering" whatsoever.

Feeding the Abscess
12-07-2011, 02:28 PM
You are attributing the title to Ron Paul. At no point in the actual quoted interview does that sentence leave his mouht. He discusses the same things he always has, the answers were simply framed in a different light. The whole interview was about staying out of their affairs, as it always is, but with great clarity.

Well, you'll forgive me for attributing it to Ron Paul when Doug Wead titles the article "Ron Paul Tells Newsmax: I Support Israel".

anewvoice
12-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Well, you'll forgive me for attributing it to Ron Paul when Doug Wead titles the article "Ron Paul Tells Newsmax: I Support Israel".

Okay, we agree, Doug Wead panders. :)

Feeding the Abscess
12-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Okay, we agree, Doug Wead panders. :)

Touche

garyallen59
12-07-2011, 02:34 PM
This is a drudge bomb thread not a bickering about everything you want ron to be thread. Go bicker in the other thread on this article and promote the drudge bomb here.

Napolitanic Wars
12-07-2011, 02:38 PM
My first Drudge! :D

EBounding
12-07-2011, 02:43 PM
I don't know if he still uses AOL, but his screenname is: mdrudge .

I use to always message him stuff through that name years ago.

pauliticalfan
12-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Drudged.

All Ways
12-07-2011, 02:53 PM
I think its a great article. Also isn't aid to isreal given with condition that it uses part of that money to buy arms only from the U.S military contractors? If that is accurate, then aid is a scam too, Master servant relationship indeed.

jmdrake
12-07-2011, 02:53 PM
And my position is?

....apparently different from Ron Paul's position if his own words make you puke.

PastaRocket848
12-07-2011, 02:55 PM
...which is perfectly fine, btw.

MikeM39
12-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Saying what one believes is not pandering. Disagreeing with someone else is your right, I certainly don't agree with RP 100%, but he didn't say anything he has not said before. No foreign aid, we're not their owners....

At best this could be called better framing of his answer.

Israel wants the foreign aid we give them and no we certainly don't have control over them by giving them the aid. We give them the aid and they still don't do what we want and they continue to expand with their illegal settlements into the West Bank, but our aid keeps right on flowing to them without interruption.

Feeding the Abscess
12-07-2011, 03:00 PM
....apparently different from Ron Paul's position if his own words make you puke.

I was under the impression that he said "I support Israel," when it was Wead's editorializing that says as much.

MikeM39
12-07-2011, 03:02 PM

Ron Paul is inventing myths that the U.S. holds Israel back by giving them the foreign aid, that we "own them", that's nonsense, we give them the foreign aid even when they do the exact opposite of what we tell them. Bush and Obama told Israel to stop developing illegal Jewish settlements in the West Bank but the settlements keep right on going and so does the foreign aid to Israel, so how exactly is our money controlling their policy? Why would Israel want to lose such a sweet deal like that?

vita3
12-07-2011, 03:02 PM
I don't know why anyone would get excited about this "article".

Fact is Dr.Paul was just excluded from the Jewish Coalition Presidential Forum today. As I've posted before this forum took place in the Ronald Reagan building in Washington DC, which Larry Silverstein's property development company recieved some nice taxpayers fund to develop.

The real crony corruption in DC just grows.

jmdrake
12-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Ron Paul is inventing myths that the U.S. holds Israel back by giving them the foreign aid, that we "own them", that's nonsense, we give them the foreign aid even when they do the exact opposite of what we tell them. Bush and Obama told Israel to stop developing illegal Jewish settlements in the West Bank but the settlements keep right on going and so does the aid, so how exactly is our money controlling their policy? Why would Israel want to lose such a sweet deal like that?

They do the opposite of what we "tell" them because they know the foreign aid isn't really in jeopardy. But that doesn't stop dumbed down conservative voters from freaking out every time some president makes a paper thread about holding up aid unless Israel does this or that. Ron Paul is merely articulating what many of us have said for years. If you don't like the idea of Washington potentially being able to attach strings to aid to Israel the cut out the middle man (Washington) and give the aid yourself. The money AIPAC and other groups spend lobbying for Israel could easily cover the foreign aid cuts Ron is proposing.

Anyhow I'm glad Ron is casting this in a way that might win votes from people who's ideology you can't stand. ;) +rep to thread, subscribed and Drudged.

MikeM39
12-07-2011, 03:09 PM
NeoCon media blasted Obama as an "anti-Semite" and they said he "hates Israel" for Obama simply stating that Israel shouldn't be building illegal Jewish settlements in the West Bank which the entire world considers to be the future territory of a Palestinian State.

goRPaul
12-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Yup- good article. Drudged.

Fr0m_3ur0pe
12-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Drudged

PastaRocket848
12-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Ron Paul is inventing myths that the U.S. holds Israel back by giving them the foreign aid, that we "own them", that's nonsense, we give them the foreign aid even when they do the exact opposite of what we tell them. Bush and Obama told Israel to stop developing illegal Jewish settlements in the West Bank but the settlements keep right on going and so does the foreign aid to Israel, so how exactly is our money controlling their policy? Why would Israel want to lose such a sweet deal like that?

oh buddy, please, please read. something that doesn't come from the u.s., preferably. if it weren't for the united states tampering their aggression we'd have world war 3 by now.

EDIT: sorry if that sounded harsh, it's just that you are presenting a very common, misinformed conclusion. the fact is that israel is a very, very militarily aggressive regime. it's not reported much in the states, but if you read foreign papers, they're viewed much, much differently. we most certainly limit them, a lot.

jmdrake
12-07-2011, 03:12 PM
I don't know why anyone would get excited about this "article".

Because when I was out collecting delegate signatures for Ron Paul a couple of weeks ago, one republican reluctant to sign my petition only held Ron Paul's statements about Israel as a reason not to support him. I eventually got him not only to sign but also to consider voting for Ron Paul based on arguments similar to the ones in this article. It would have been nice to have had this article to hand to him at the same time.

Fact is Dr.Paul was just excluded from the Jewish Coalition Presidential Forum today.

And? The NRA sucks too, but that doesn't mean all gun owners are bad.

The real crony corruption in DC just grows.

Yep. And that's why it's important for Ron Paul to win this election. He didn't sacrifice a single principle in that speech. Maybe he said what he said in a way that wasn't the most pleasing to everyone at RPF, but current supporters aren't the target audience. Fence sitters are.

jmdrake
12-07-2011, 03:15 PM
NeoCon media blasted Obama as an "anti-Semite" and they said he "hates Israel" for Obama simply stating that Israel shouldn't be building illegal Jewish settlements in the West Bank which the entire world considers to be the future territory of a Palestinian State.

That's nice. But I don't give a flying fig. What happens halfway around the world is none of my business. We're broke and all foreign aid needs to end now. If Ron Paul has to spell out the obvious, that Israel's enemies will be hurt more by the cutoff of aid than will Israel, in order for uninformed conservatives to agree with it then fine.

vita3
12-07-2011, 03:21 PM
"Because when I was out collecting delegate signatures for Ron Paul a couple of weeks ago, one republican reluctant to sign my petition only held Ron Paul's statements about Israel as a reason not to support him. I eventually got him not only to sign but also to consider voting for Ron Paul based on arguments similar to the ones in this article. It would have been nice to have had this article to hand to him at the same time."

Well I'm glad you have something to hand out on this subject. Hope it works.

MikeM39
12-07-2011, 03:22 PM
oh buddy, please, please read. something that doesn't come from the u.s., preferably. if it weren't for the united states tampering their aggression we'd have world war 3 by now.

You are talking about the First Gulf War when Saddam Hussein was firing scuds at Israel, yes in that case the U.S. held Israel back from retaliating because the U.S. said it would shatter the Arab coalition which had joined the U.S. against Saddam. However, in most cases Israel's military aggression is actually held back by their own dislike of casualties. Israel has such a small population that they know it would be a disaster to lose too many battle deaths. Bush was disappointed that Israel bailed out so quickly in the war against Hezbollah in 2008 because Bush and his NeoCon advisors had hoped that Israel would conquer half of Lebanon and dismantle Hezbollah's powerful stranglehold over that nation and in the process weaken both Syria and Iran. Israel wanted to end the 2008 war against Hezbollah as soon as possible when Hezbollah began destroying numerous Israeli tanks with Russian made anti-tank weapons.

evilfunnystuff
12-07-2011, 03:44 PM
bump

CaptUSA
12-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Ok, just came home to send this from my home computer... time for the afternoon shift to kick in!!!

Drudge this!

Crotale
12-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Drudged.

Apollonius of Perga
12-07-2011, 04:37 PM
This article is great to send to my parents who are conservative Republicans who immigrated here from Israel. It was shameful that the RJC didn't invite Ron to their forum. This was a politically smart move, and the statements in it are one more reason I support Ron Paul.

Gravik
12-07-2011, 04:38 PM
That link should be mass emailed to the RJC!!!

jmdrake
12-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Here's a statement you can send to your Pro-Israel friends as well as this article:

Paul is a staunch supporter of ISRAEL by cutting it and their neighbors foreign aid, which currently arms Israel's enemies with up to 20 Billion dollars a year from the American taxpayer; over 7 times as much as Israel receives from the U.S. See PDF: http://www.americansforisrael.com/wp-content/uploads/americans-for-israel-2012.gif

Paul supports "unshackling Israel" from the bad influences of Washington D.C.'s Politicians & The United Nations by respecting their sovereignty and ability to make wise decisions without persuasion.

This gives Israel the flexibility to solve their border problems and quibbles with their neighbors without interference, while keeping an open door for Israel to ask for advice if they wish to do so. This is unlike past Presidents who have allowed Israel's land to be divided through pressure from the U.N. and Washington's corrupt leaders. See this video if you want to learn more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3N0s_Ibau4

That's a good flyer as well! I'll have to run a bunch of these off before I go canvasing again.

Okie RP fan
12-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Still nothing on Drudge.