PDA

View Full Version : Does Becoming President Really Kill You Faster?

vechorik
12-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Does Becoming President Really Kill You Faster?

h ttp://www.theblaze.com/stories/does-becoming-president-really-kill-you-faster/

(last part of the article)
"................Olshansky stands by his findings.

The 34 presidents who died of natural causes were aged 73 on average at death, a few months less than Olshansky‘s’ life expectancy estimate. But under the accelerated aging theory, their average age of death would have been 68, he said.

The 23 presidents who lived longer than Olshansky’s projections died at an average age of 78, 11 years later than under the accelerated aging theory.

The four presidents who were assassinated — Abraham Lincoln, James Garfield, William McKinley and John F. Kennedy — were aged 52 on average at death.

The first eight presidents were almost 80 years old on average when they died, at a time when the average life expectancy for men was less than age 35.

“It’s absolutely extraordinary that they lived this long,” Olshansky said.

That includes John Adams, who died at 90; James Madison, 85; and Thomas Jefferson, 83.

Ditto the last eight presidents who died — seven lived longer than expected; Lyndon Johnson was the only one who didn’t. He died of a heart attack at age 64, 10 years less than his projected life expectancy and five years less than his life expectancy with accelerated aging, Olshansky said.

Among the more recent presidents, Ronald Reagan and Gerald Ford both died at 93. Jimmy Carter and George H. W. Bush are both 87.

Olshansky has even done some projecting about 50-year-old President Barack Obama. Given his age when inaugurated, Obama’s life expectancy would be 79, but Olshansky estimates that Obama will live to at least 82 because of his education, wealth and access to top-notch health care."

-----------------------
I'm making a blog statement from it to keep -- next time someone says "Ron Paul is too old":

"Does that include John Adams, who died at 90; James Madison, 85; and Thomas Jefferson, 83?
Ronald Reagan and Gerald Ford both died at 93. Jimmy Carter and George H. W. Bush are both 87.
I believe, with the best healthcare, modern presidents will live longer than the founders!"

Crystallas
12-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Guilt and lies eat away at your lifespan.

ross11988
12-07-2011, 12:45 PM
Guilt and lies eat away at your lifespan.

+1 exactly. Plus imagine being the most important person in the world, but being told how to do everything and knowing that all you are doing is EVIL!

vechorik
12-07-2011, 12:46 PM
I don't think you two read the article!

PauliticsPolitics
12-07-2011, 12:48 PM
I don't think you two read the article!
Ha, yea, I saw that too.

PastaRocket848
12-07-2011, 12:51 PM
well.. it is probably the most stressful job in the world. it only makes sense.

AlexAmore
12-07-2011, 12:57 PM
I don't think Ron Paul would be overly stressed in general. He knows how to solve the problems, and he wouldn't be trying to run a country. Everyone else would be trying to fix shit and trying to figure out problems with no success and straining their brains.

vechorik
12-07-2011, 02:03 PM
I don't think Ron Paul would be overly stressed in general. He knows how to solve the problems, and he wouldn't be trying to run a country. Everyone else would be trying to fix shit and trying to figure out problems with no success and straining their brains.

Jeesh -- The article says that presidents LIVE LONGER! Got it everyone? -- Not less time, but MORE time! It's a plus for Dr. Paul.

Stated this way:

"Ron Paul is too old? -- Jeesh! -- Does that include John Adams, who died at 90; James Madison, 85; and Thomas Jefferson, 83?
Ronald Reagan and Gerald Ford both died at 93. Jimmy Carter and George H. W. Bush are both 87.

With modern medicine, I believe modern presidents will live even longer than the founders!"

Athan
12-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Its because they get to eat off the taxpayer till they die. BASTARDS!

AlexAmore
12-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Jeesh -- The article says that presidents LIVE LONGER! Got it everyone? -- Not less time, but MORE time! It's a plus for Dr. Paul.

Stated this way:

"Ron Paul is too old? -- Jeesh! -- Does that include John Adams, who died at 90; James Madison, 85; and Thomas Jefferson, 83?

With modern medicine, I believe modern presidents will live even longer than the founders!"

I know, that's why I said "overly stressed in general". The stress of this job is also being discussed.