PDA

View Full Version : Business Insider: Ron Paul's Loyal Supporters Are Getting Ready To Shock The World In Iowa

FrankRep
12-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Ron Paul's Loyal Supporters Are Getting Ready To Shock The World In Iowa (http://www.businessinsider.com/ron-pauls-loyal-supporters-are-getting-ready-to-shock-the-world-in-iowa-2011-12)

Business Insider
Dec. 7, 2011

This is no longer a political novelty act. It's not a seminar on the Constitution disguised as a campaign. This is the emergence of a populist-libertarian force that is growing into an organized movement in American politics.

And if Paul shocks the establishment in Iowa, January 3rd 2012 will be recorded in history as this movement's coming out party.

AlexAmore
12-07-2011, 12:49 PM
[B]
And if Paul shocks the establishment in Iowa, January 3rd 2012 will be recorded in history as this movement's coming out party. [/INDENT]

Woohoo, never thought of it that way! Remember that concept of Guiness World Records where records are considered impossible to beat for God knows how long until someone does it and then all of a sudden many people beat it shortly after. It's all about perception.

AuH20
12-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Paving the way for Rand. Ron doesn't necessarily have to win. Scaring the bejesus out of the starched collar establishment types and providing a viable alternative to the status quo would suffice .

trey4sports
12-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Paving the way for Rand. Ron doesn't necessarily have to win. Scaring the bejesus out of the starched collar establishment types and providing a viable alternative to the status quo would suffice .

I really can't stand this type of talk. bite your tongue and quit trying to lower the bar. Worry about that if we don't win, but please, not when we're so close.

AuH20
12-07-2011, 01:06 PM
I really can't stand this type of talk. bite your tongue and quit trying to lower the bar. Worry about that if we don't win, but please, not when we're so close.

If they wouldn't let Buchanan win, they're certainly not going to let Ron win. I just want Ron to be in the final 2 or 3 so Americans can hear the truth for once. The rest would be gravy.

kuckfeynes
12-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Yeah man, I just want people to hear that slavery is bad. Actually being free would just be icing on the cake.

LibertyEagle
12-07-2011, 01:32 PM

I wholeheartedly agree!!!

Athan
12-07-2011, 01:45 PM
If he wins, Iowa will be the Primary Vote heard 'round the world!

brushfire
12-07-2011, 02:00 PM

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to trey4sports again."

AuH20
12-07-2011, 03:29 PM
If he wins, Iowa will be the Primary Vote heard 'round the world!
He has a good shot to win Iowa. I meant in the whole primary season. SC and Florida are going to be rough however.

Bern
12-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Flavor of the decade.

Acala
12-07-2011, 04:05 PM
When Ron Paul wins, the man doesn't win. The most important idea in the history of human society wins. Kind of a big deal I guess.

nobody's_hero
12-07-2011, 05:47 PM
If they wouldn't let Buchanan win, they're certainly not going to let Ron win. I just want Ron to be in the final 2 or 3 so Americans can hear the truth for once. The rest would be gravy.

Well, Ronald Reagan won. They might have tried to stop him but eventually everyone fell in love with him and democrats, republicans, and independents came out and overran the people who stood against him. I have a warm fuzzy feeling that the same thing is going to happen with Ron Paul.

The best thing about that is Ron Paul is not Ronald Reagan, meaning he can talk the talk AND walk the walk, unlike Reagan who was a bit of a let-down.

bluesc
12-07-2011, 05:50 PM
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to trey4sports again."

+1

Sick to death of the excuses people use to give up.

Legend1104
12-07-2011, 08:14 PM
It is crucial to winning to get 1st in Iowa, but I also think we seriously need 1st in South Carolina. That, in my opinion would be what it would take to bet down any other rising anti-Romney candidate. If someone else wins South Carolina, especially if it is the same person that wins Florida (Newt), then I think it will become exponentally harder to win the nomination.

Peace&Freedom
12-07-2011, 08:48 PM
It is crucial to winning to get 1st in Iowa, but I also think we seriously need 1st in South Carolina. That, in my opinion would be what it would take to bet down any other rising anti-Romney candidate. If someone else wins South Carolina, especially if it is the same person that wins Florida (Newt), then I think it will become exponentally harder to win the nomination.

But if we have a three way fork situation, where Paul wins Iowa, Romney wins NH, and Newt wins SC, combined with the proportional distribution of delegates (no winner take all contests until April), we have an unsettled situation where no one has it locked up. As long a Paul wins something early, and keeps winning here and there, the longer the race goes through the winter unresolved the more it swings in his direction. Newt's credibility collapse, if not experienced this month, will certainly happen during the heat of the primaries between January and February. And because his successes to that point would have frustrated Romney, Mitt shouldn't recover either.

That leaves Paul's organization as the "last man standing" to prevail over the long run. In the case that this scenario fails and either Romney or Gingrich has a commanding lead by the end of February, it will be decision time for Paul about continuing the race, or quitting in order to try it third party. The reason for deciding by that point is, the Texas GOP primary is in early March, and if Paul participates in it, the sour grapes law may prevent him from being on the ballot on another line in the election. If Paul stays in the Republican race, however, and can grab at least 30% of the delegates over the course of the primaries, that may be enough to frustrate both Mitt and Newt, forcing a brokered convention.