PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Wins 11/7 NYC Young Republican Straw Poll!!!!

iladelphxx
11-07-2007, 12:01 PM
New York Republicans Conduct Straw Poll
by Fred Mogul

NEW YORK, NY November 07, 2007 —The New York City Young Republicans came together last night to debate which presidential candidate deserves the GOP nomination. In a straw poll, former mayor Rudy Giuliani was not the winner. WNYC’s Fred Mogul has more.

REPORTER: Whoever gets the most supporters to a straw poll wins. And that’s what backers of Texan physician-turned-congressman Ron Paul did at the Metro Republican Club on the Upper East Side. Avery Knapp, a young medical resident, spoke on behalf of the Paul campaign, the only one in the GOP that opposes the war in Iraq.

KNAPP: He stands for a traditional republican foreign policy of no nation building and stop policing the world.

REPORTER: For 2 hours, Knapp and 4 other twentysomethings laid out the candidates’ positions on taxes, abortion, gay marriage and at the very end, national security and the war in Iraq. About 90 people showed up and 60 or so voted. 44% backed Paul, 36% Giuliani, and 10% Romney, with the rest divided their votes among 5 other GOP candidates. In Iowa, New Hampshire and nation-wide, polls show support for Paul in the low-to-mid single digits.

For WNYC, I’m Fred Mogul.

http://www.wnyc.org/news/articles/88483

HE BEAT RUDY IN HIS OWN BACKYARD!!!!!

me3
11-07-2007, 12:02 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=32839

Please check the News forum to see if this has already been posted.

UtahApocalypse
11-07-2007, 12:05 PM
Thank you for posting it here, I never look at the other sections.

me3
11-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Thank you for posting it here, I never look at the other sections.
It would be helpful if people kept the news together, it would save duplicate threads, and prevent the activism threads (which are so important now with people organizing for delegates) from being bumped down.

werdd
11-07-2007, 12:08 PM
thanks for posting it here, i wouldnt of saw it in the news section.

iladelphxx
11-07-2007, 12:09 PM
Apologies, I'm new here and I am not familiar with the board's structure. I must admit, this site is kinda hard to navigate.

moonbat
11-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Thanks for posting this, I was wondering what the results of this poll were. :D

me3
11-07-2007, 12:14 PM
Apologies, I'm new here and I am not familiar with the board's structure. I must admit, this site is kinda hard to navigate.
I agree, the structure is not ideal or clear, but if you go to this link

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/index.php

You can see all of the various forums, with areas for rich media collaboration, general/other politics, news, per state forums, Ron Paul positions and issues related discussions etc.

There is a wealth of knowledge built up here. Unfortunately, the grassroots forum becomes the news forum, the activism forum, the fund raising forum, the board issues forum, the general discussion forum, the off topic forum etc. and is very hard to follow, with 100+ threads in play every 12 hours.

Welcome to the forum btw.