PDA

View Full Version : Request Campaign Donations as Xmas Gifts

Jesubub
12-07-2011, 10:56 AM
If you're like me, you have relatives pestering you for Xmas gift ideas. (Grrr, I hate the Xmas gift culture!!) This year, I'm going to do what I did in 2007 — ask for donations to Ron Paul's campaign. In 2007, relatives donated about $150 to the campaign for me. I recommend that everyone do the same this year. In typical years, I ask for donations to local charities, which yields $100-150/year. Please give it a try — for the campaign this year and for local charities in the future. (Silver bullion is my backup gift for those who insist.) Like me, I'm sure you already have too much crap as it is. It's a good feeling to open a card on Xmas saying a donation has been given on your behalf. In the case of the campaign, it's given in the name of the actual donor, which expands the donor list. Spread the word!!

vechorik
12-07-2011, 11:10 AM
This would tie in nicely with another supporter's suggestion to make a

"Ron Paul Christmas Carol" video with Carol Paul

Dr. Paul/Carol around Christmas tree discussing issues, campaign, Christmas with for America - etc. Make a money bomb out of it.

Time's running out for Christmas though!

McChronagle
12-07-2011, 11:15 AM
last night i told my girlfriend not to get me anything for christmas as long as she donates 100 right now

V3n
12-07-2011, 11:29 AM
if someone doesn't feel right donating your Christmas present and really wants to buy you something you could point them to the campaign store.. a beanie and a hoodie is on my list..
("Thanks Mom, by the way, you just donated!!") :)

Jesubub
12-07-2011, 04:55 PM
if someone doesn't feel right donating your Christmas present and really wants to buy you something you could point them to the campaign store.. a beanie and a hoodie is on my list..

Good idea!

Okie RP fan
12-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Good idea.

I will be asking for a Ron Paul hoodie and some bumper stickers.

militant
12-07-2011, 05:38 PM
I've done this with my birthday and Christmas every year since 2007 - donations to RP'08, then to C4L, then to Rand's Senate campaign, and now back to RP'12. I usually just say 'hey, if you were thinking about doing something for my birthday, I'd be thrilled to hear you threw 20 bucks to the campaign.' It's gone over very well.

All Ways
12-07-2011, 05:54 PM
People have asked me what do you want as a gift? I have a book I would love you to read, give me one you would love me to read. They kinda look at me in utter curiosity and bewilderment. I learn something you learn something and we can talk about something of substance. So far I got four peeps that have agreed. :)