PDA

View Full Version : Is it bad to pray for bad weather in Iowa and New Hampshire on election day?

flybeech
12-07-2011, 06:59 AM
I wouldn't wish bad weather on anyone, but I know that Ron Paul supporters will vote no matter what. I wonder if it would be alright just this once, to ask for divine intervention and encourage others to pray for a cold and snowy day in Iowa and New Hampshire on election day?

JohnGalt23g
12-07-2011, 07:20 AM
Absolutely not.

For what is God for on this Earth, if not to gain unwarranted advantage in elections and football games.

phill4paul
12-07-2011, 07:26 AM
Absolutely not.

For what is God for on this Earth, if not to gain unwarranted advantage in elections and football games.

And to get out of exams that one has not prepared for. :D

odamn
12-07-2011, 07:27 AM
The din in Gods ear must be defining.

anewvoice
12-07-2011, 07:44 AM
Absolutely not.

And clearly there is an automated response against the Buffalo Bills, 4 times in a row, yep, still lose.

Athan
12-07-2011, 08:06 AM
I dunno, heh. If he wins though, it will be the Primary vote heard round the world.

rp713
12-07-2011, 08:08 AM
i dont want there to be a snow day. i want him to win fair and square. otherwise the media will just write it off as "oh it was a snow day, so everyone didnt come out like they normally would, this means nothing" f-that. i want him to stomp on everyone, especially fox news, and win straight up.

EuRa
12-07-2011, 08:14 AM
lol. This instantly became one of my favorite quotes.

limequat
12-07-2011, 08:19 AM
i dont want there to be a snow day. i want him to win fair and square. otherwise the media will just write it off as "oh it was a snow day, so everyone didnt come out like they normally would, this means nothing" f-that. i want him to stomp on everyone, especially fox news, and win straight up.

The media will dismiss an RP win regardless of the circumstances. If it's sunny and 60 degrees out, they'll just say that Iowa doesn't represent the rest of the nation. A win is a win, and we need this one more than anything else.

brushfire
12-07-2011, 08:19 AM
I hope its sunny and 70 degrees. I know we can win in the best weather and I dont want to hear the media offer excuses for the win. "Ron Paul had 20 insanely devout supporters, risk their lives, to go and vote - that's why Ron won".

A win in either case is legitimate, but I'd rather it be indisputable - even in the eyes of the corporatist media.

wgadget
12-07-2011, 08:22 AM
Well, there IS that story about our founding, when the fog was so thick that the British couldn't see our sniper forces, which ultimately resulted in our victory.

So...why not? ;)

God works in mysterious ways...

Verrater
12-07-2011, 08:22 AM
The media will dismiss an RP win regardless of the circumstances. If it's sunny and 60 degrees out, they'll just say that Iowa doesn't represent the rest of the nation. A win is a win, and we need this one more than anything else.

This, they will dispute his win no matter what.

Darthbrooklyn
12-07-2011, 08:23 AM
I agree, a Ron Paul win in Iowa will try to be downplayed to the Nth degree by MSM.. I can hear them now.. The caucus doesnt mean anything, huckabee won but he didnt get the nom, blah blah blah

zadrock
12-07-2011, 08:24 AM
Is there some reason you don't want to just pray that Ron Paul wins Iowa? I'm not sure why praying for bad weather is a better alternative.

wgadget
12-07-2011, 08:25 AM
What will they say when we do well in NH?

limequat
12-07-2011, 08:27 AM
What will they say when we do well in NH?

If RP gets second in NH, the Meme will be that this is shaping up as a two man race: Romney vs Gingrich. Let's talk about how Gingrich is going to dominate the south.

John F Kennedy III
12-07-2011, 08:38 AM
Is it bad to pray for bad weather in Iowa and New Hampshire on election day?

I'm praying for 46 feet of snow.

JohnGalt23g
12-07-2011, 08:49 AM
Is there some reason you don't want to just pray that Ron Paul wins Iowa? I'm not sure why praying for bad weather is a better alternative.

When asking for divine intervention, I want a little bit of razzle-dazzle, a little sparkle.

Lets the world know God really was on your side.