PDA

View Full Version : WOW, This is absolutely INSANE!

Sentinelrv
12-07-2011, 12:48 AM
Ok, so how long have we been trying to promote the Tea Party Money Bomb? Over two weeks now, yet as of this post the official Facebook event has only 15,569 invitations...

http://www.facebook.com/events/256624911052518/

Now look at the Iowa Push Facebook Event I just created a couple hours ago...

http://www.facebook.com/events/190420961047830/

6,679 invitations already?!? That's absolutely INSANE! It just goes to show how much more excitement is behind this than the actual money bomb. If you haven't already, invite your friends and help promote this event so we can get others to invite their friends also. We can reach thousands of new people this way...

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/373042_190420961047830_1849592772_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/events/190420961047830/)

mport1
12-07-2011, 12:51 AM
Unfortunately I think most of those invites so far were from me as I sent invites to two of my profiles with 5,000 friends.

Please help out in the cause people. It will literally take 1 minute of your time. If you are reading this, you have no excuse for not helping.

DavidK
12-07-2011, 12:54 AM
I don't know what happened with the flow of invitations, they took a huge nose bomb after the Black This Out Moneybomb.

McDermit
12-07-2011, 01:22 AM
I thought it was decided that promotion on FB should be decentralized? We've been promoting our own MB events locally, not the "official" one.

brendan.orourke
12-07-2011, 01:25 AM
Again, I believe the fact that none of us want to be labeled as Tea Partiers is the reason for this.

mport1
12-07-2011, 01:29 AM
Again, I believe the fact that none of us want to be labeled as Tea Partiers is the reason for this.

I'm an anarchist who despises the tea party. If I can get behind this, others should as well. Ron Paul's campaign is too important.

qwerty
12-07-2011, 01:33 AM
most of the people here are JUST talk...sad but true...:(

Just think if all the +20.000 would work their asses off ?

qwerty
12-07-2011, 01:35 AM

i really donīt understand this...

oh, you were not even around in 07...

McDermit
12-07-2011, 02:04 AM
Again, I believe the fact that none of us want to be labeled as Tea Partiers is the reason for this.Get over it. Yeah, the national tea party has been co-opted, but who cares? We ought to be working to take it back, not voluntarily ostricizing ourselves.

Start locally, one member at a time. I am *this close* to converting my local tea party organizer. He now likes Bachmann (on Israel) and Paul on everything else. If Bachmann bows out, Paul will be his only choice. Before I reached out to him, he was solidly anti-Paul, and had never even given him a real chance, instead buying into the MSM lies that Ron is anti-Israel, anti-Christian, and would harm us via his foreign policy. He is now posting pro-Paul vidos on Facebook and defending Ron's positions when his Christian friends post something negative. We can change minds, but sometimes we have to check our egos at the door!

Sentinelrv
12-07-2011, 02:09 AM
I thought it was decided that promotion on FB should be decentralized? We've been promoting our own MB events locally, not the "official" one.

The decentralized approach didn't work because people were being lazy and it was hard to keep track of our progress, so we dropped it. We're just focusing more on promoting the main website now to increase email pledges.

asurfaholic
12-07-2011, 04:49 AM

Ok, I get a dose of feeling bad when I see that there is work to do and I know I am not doing much of it.

But your post has left me feeling insulted!

I do work my ass off, I actually have a real job that demands my time and commitment. Sometimes I work 70 hrs a week. Then to top it off, I have a new born baby that takes the rest of my time.

I simply can't campaign for the president, I have to take care of my family first. I support ron paul, and talk to people about him, but I don't have the time to work for the campaign. Adding to this is the fact that I despise facebook, and other social networking spy networks, so I have no friends to invite.

Now, I hope that more people step up, and I hope that the campaign can make enough money to continue on, but I don't appreciate the comments implying that those who don't sit on the phone for hours, or invite thousands of people are "just talk" and aren't "working their asses off"

And I want you to know that more than anything, I appreciate what you are doing, and I am glad that SOME people have the time to do these things.

speciallyblend
12-07-2011, 05:09 AM
Ok, I get a dose of feeling bad when I see that there is work to do and I know I am not doing much of it.

But your post has left me feeling insulted!

I do work my ass off, I actually have a real job that demands my time and commitment. Sometimes I work 70 hrs a week. Then to top it off, I have a new born baby that takes the rest of my time.

I simply can't campaign for the president, I have to take care of my family first. I support ron paul, and talk to people about him, but I don't have the time to work for the campaign. Adding to this is the fact that I despise facebook, and other social networking spy networks, so I have no friends to invite.

Now, I hope that more people step up, and I hope that the campaign can make enough money to continue on, but I don't appreciate the comments implying that those who don't sit on the phone for hours, or invite thousands of people are "just talk" and aren't "working their asses off"

And I want you to know that more than anything, I appreciate what you are doing, and I am glad that SOME people have the time to do these things.

people love to assume. They have this media idea of what folks are doing on the otherside of someone else's computer. We all lay around nekkid eating cheetos and doing nothing!/s

neverseen
12-07-2011, 06:49 AM
... free local promotion how to. It's working GREAT for me and I use it for money bombs, etc: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?335425-Easy-promotion-outside-of-facebook-and-meetup.

anewvoice
12-07-2011, 07:05 AM
my invites are sent out, glad to see it over 850k already, that's a gap which can be closed. Everyone needs to temper expectations for the moneybomb, maybe 1 million?

mport1
12-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Please start inviting people. The number of invites has stalled.

RDM
12-07-2011, 08:22 AM

You're asking for a miracle. But on a side note, if you make a post for everybody to go to some obscure website with a average viewership of 300/month and ask them to vote for Ron Paul in their online poll(which means nothing), all 20,000 people will be drooling all over their keyboard and acting giddy like a 12 year old girl. But seriously, don't ask those 20,000 to do something that helps Ron Paul win.

mport1
12-07-2011, 08:29 AM
You're asking for a miracle. But on a side note, if you make a post for everybody to go to some obscure website with a average viewership of 300/month and ask them to vote for Ron Paul in their online poll(which means nothing), all 20,000 people will be drooling all over their keyboard and acting giddy like a 12 year old girl. But seriously, don't ask those 20,000 to do something that helps Ron Paul win.

Agreed. Thousands of people will rush to spend the 1 minute it takes to vote in some online poll. A handful if that will invite people to an important Ron Paul event (which also takes 1 minute).

Winning every obscure online poll is not going to help win the election. Spreading word about an important donation or other event could.

Shane Harris
12-07-2011, 08:34 AM
invited everyone i can

squirekyle
12-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Agreed. Thousands of people will rush to spend the 1 minute it takes to vote in some online poll. A handful if that will invite people to an important Ron Paul event (which also takes 1 minute).

Winning every obscure online poll is not going to help win the election. Spreading word about an important donation or other event could.

mport1 did you get my message on the Facebook BOMB? it should be in your inbox, no pressure though.

mport1
12-07-2011, 08:47 AM
mport1 did you get my message on the Facebook BOMB? it should be in your inbox, no pressure though.

Sorry, I'd forgotten to do that. Just invited a ton from one of my accounts. I'll do the rest tonight. I've got to head to work now.

TexMac
12-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Ok, so how long have we been trying to promote the Tea Party Money Bomb? Over two weeks now, yet as of this post the official Facebook event has only 15,569 invitations...

http://www.facebook.com/events/256624911052518/

Now look at the Iowa Push Facebook Event I just created a couple hours ago...

http://www.facebook.com/events/190420961047830/

6,679 invitations already?!? That's absolutely INSANE! It just goes to show how much more excitement is behind this than the actual money bomb. If you haven't already, invite your friends and help promote this event so we can get others to invite their friends also. We can reach thousands of new people this way...

You guys are WAY overestimating the power of facebook invitations. For example, I was invited to this and THIS THREAD IS THE FIRST I HEARD ABOUT IT.

The reason is that those of us active in promoting Ron Paul get 30-40 notifications per day, on average. And I have most notifications turned off, because I just can't deal with the flood. If I'm posting a lot, I get even more. I've already gotten 20 notifications today, including this one. If I don't go to "see all notifications" I miss the ones at the bottom of the list, like this one was.

That's why it is important to be able to message the invited people. I get way fewer messages a day than I get notifications, so they stand out. But, you can't message anyone from this event because you have over 5,000 invited.

sailingaway
12-07-2011, 08:53 AM
I've been promoting it on twitter and it comments on articles (my youtube comments keep being deleted.) But I just don't do facebook.

TexMac
12-07-2011, 09:08 AM
I've been promoting it on twitter and it comments on articles (my youtube comments keep being deleted.) But I just don't do facebook.YouTube seems to have made an effort to deny people the ability to promote anything in comments. It's all automated.

Facebook tries, but it's still possible to promote RP there. You just have to understand the way facebook works and work within its built-in handicaps. One thing about facebook is that the more your posts have comments and likes, the higher they are in people's newsfeeds. That means that you need to build a real following on there. Fake FB profiles that have few friends and no history that just spam comments are a waste of time, not very many people see them. I'm in a group that posts about RP and upvotes all of each other's posts, once a week at a specific time. That works pretty well to assure that RP posts are at the top of everyone's newsfeeds all at once.

Stuff like that is effective. Building a large RP friends list and posting good RP info and activities is effective. These events? Not so much. They get lost in the noise, especially since people can only be invited once, after that, if they don't see the invitation or don't respond to it immediately, you can never get their attention again. THAT'S why having 20,000 people invited to something is irrelevant and a waste of time. Even the people who responded and click "attending" will only get a notification about the event, easily missed.

Paid FB ads work, but they're not cheap.

Diurdi
12-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Again, I believe the fact that none of us want to be labeled as Tea Partiers is the reason for this. I believe it's this. Alot of people would want to support Ron Paul, but they're not going to send their friends a link to an invitation to some "tea party"-event.

Birdlady
12-07-2011, 10:14 AM

Yep it sucked the enthusiasm out of this event. I made a post in The Vent forum about this a while back. Moneybombs should not be outreach programs. Outreach programs should be their own separate things that are ongoing. Moneybombs are about energizing the base of supporters who already know of Ron Paul.

That is why this mini moneybomb has more invitations because people are fired up. It isn't about outreaching to a group of people who don't want us or actively promote that Ron Paul did not start the Tea Party.

If you want to outreach to the Tea Party, that is awesome and I highly encourage it. But to do so while also trying to rally the troops with a label that now has a negative connotation to a lot of us, is not going to work.

qwerty
12-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Yep it sucked the enthusiasm out of this event.

I am getting much more likes when i post about this to facebook than when i posted about the BTO.

ITīs a special day for us who were around in 07...