PDA

View Full Version : How Ron Paul Nominates Newt – And Elects Obama

Perry
12-06-2011, 11:16 PM
Ron Paul, now running in a dead heat for second with Mitt Romney in Iowa, may do just well enough to nominate Newt Gingrich.
Scenario: an Iowa finishing order of Newt, Paul, Mitt. Quite likely. The flavors of the month, Bachmann and Perry and Cain, all tanked because they were full of surprises. After all these years, you think Republicans, especially active, caucus-type Republicans, are going to learn something NEW about Newt Gingrich?
Yeah, they all know about the three wives. And they don’t care. He literally wrote the playbook and the language of the present Republican Party and the modern post-congenial era of government, all from a backbench seat in the House a decade before he was Speaker. He’s still the Contract With America guy who won back the House after 40 years. Even in his downfall, caught in a trap of his own hypocrisy, he was STILL a conservative hero, escalating the dynamic of Politics as Total War to include impeachment.
(And by poisoning “impeachment” with partisanship so it couldn’t be used when Bush and Cheney actually did impeachable stuff, he indirectly saved them, too.)
All that stuff still makes Gingrich a hero to the base, in a way that winning one election in Massachusetts doesn’t. It also excuses decades of flip flops more than having to run in Massachusetts does. Remember, despite the wave of 1994, the only two Republicans who lost anything that year were Mitt Romney and Jeb Bush.
No, the only thing that sinks Newt in the next 27 days is if he trades in Calista for Wife #4. And as for Paul, he’s going to overperform. He might even win if the weather’s bad enough. (The other candidate who’ll overperform is Santorum, but that only gets him from 5 percent to 8.)
So after that third place in Iowa, Mitt starts to tank in New Hampshire. The entire GOP establishment throws him overboard and flocks to Newt to block Ron Paul, because they’d rather lose than let the libertarians and isolationists take over the party. You think the neocons will sit still for a guy who only wants to send troops to congressionally declared wars? And don’t even get me started on the gold standard…
So it’s gonna be Newt, and the opposition research takes care of itself. 35 years of outrageous on the record quotes for Davids Axelrod and Plouffe to play with. The only hard part is choosing which ones make the top ten list. And the real winners are the comedians. Four more years. Watch it happen.

h xxp://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/index.php/2011/12/06/how-ron-paul-nominates-newt-and-elects-obama/

acptulsa
12-06-2011, 11:18 PM
lulz

Don't bitch about it, whatever you do. This is just what the average Iowa Republican needs to hear.

Perry
12-06-2011, 11:23 PM
I guess, to be an inclusionist(I suppose this is the opposite of an isolationist), one must have his military upon your shores?
If I don't have my military upon your shores I'm an isolationist?

QuickZ06
12-06-2011, 11:28 PM
WOW.

cindy25
12-07-2011, 12:03 AM
even if true, and I don't think it is, Obama (with an opposition congress) is better than Romney (given that Romney will have a rubber stamp Bush style House and Senate)

Carehn
12-07-2011, 12:08 AM
even if true, and I don't think it is, Obama (with an opposition congress) is better than Romney (given that Romney will have a rubber stamp Bush style House and Senate)

So true. Keep um fighting each other and maybe they wont look our way.

acptulsa
12-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Leave it to the Register. This is the finest case of plain speaking I've seen in the media since...

Ever.

Isolationist and gold standard are, as ever, just plain wrong. And they certainly do duck the obvious question--just what the hell are we getting out of these wars, besides nice body bags for our sons and daughters? But, hey--they have to leave something for us to do, right?

fatjohn
12-07-2011, 12:06 PM
This is a positive article for us. It shows that newt cannot win against obama and has to much corpses in his establishment closet. And it is not as if this will push someone that is about to vote for Paul to vote for Romney.

CaseyJones
12-07-2011, 12:13 PM
broke link

Peace&Freedom
12-07-2011, 12:24 PM
This is a positive article for us. It shows that newt cannot win against obama and has to much corpses in his establishment closet. And it is not as if this will push someone that is about to vote for Paul to vote for Romney.

Exactly, +1. The bottom line for most rank and file Republicans still caught up in the two-party puppet show is to BEAT OBAMA. Hence the headline about Obama winning the election is the part they will most likely heed, by NOT voting for Newt.

asurfaholic
12-07-2011, 01:19 PM
I will gladly vote for obombya over newt

CaptainAmerica
12-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Let me get this straight *puts hands out arrogantly like newt gingrich poised to make a history lesson attempt*

Ron Paul runs as the only constitutionalist, has the strongest base support,gets more military donations than all candidates combined and hes now considered at fault for Newts possibility of winning Iowa which leads to an Obama win?This is MADNESS *stares blankly into space with double chin like newt gingrich*

acptulsa
12-07-2011, 01:34 PM
This is MADNESS *stares blankly into space with double chin like newt gingrich*

:D

Yeah, it is. But you know what? There's just enough truth transmitted through that madness to help the rank and file in Iowa understand that a vote for Newt is, in itself, madness. And that's what counts.

acptulsa
12-07-2011, 01:34 PM
It is nice to see that some media outlet somewhere is finally admitting that there might be someone in the race who really is unelectable, especially after Faux threw such a string of unelectable idiots at us and hung that label on our imminently electable man all the while. No independent wants Gingrich's Haloween closet full o' skeletons.

Obviously the new meme will be all about how Romney can beat Obama from here on out. And you know what? I don't believe it for a second. Wonder how it can be disproven?