PDA

View Full Version : Viral marketing idea for Weekend of Liberty

Jobarra
11-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Viral marketing ideas are successful when they are simple and mysterious. Just look at the success of the advertising of the new J.J. Abrams movie(the website http://www.1-18-08.com/ had people buzzing immediately as well as the few teasers 'released' on the web) People seem to love a mystery. I was just thinking of what can be done to be a mystery for Weekend of Liberty. Having just watched V for Vendetta for the first time yesterday as well as hearing the Guy Fawkes poem for the Nov 5th thing, I was wondering if we couldn't do something similar.

How about a website with the date of the weekend of liberty. The website merely has a few mysterious graphics as well as another short poem talking about liberty and tea or something with hints to the 'message' being unveiled on Bill of Rights day. The message on that day could be a huge image of the Bill of Rights with the link to the site. The movie website I listed above changes its graphics every once in awhile building up to the release of the movie I would guess. The same could be done for this 'teaser' site. The thing is any references to this site would have to be kept secret since discussing them on the web will lead to the 'secret' being found out quickly enough. So I haven't mentioned anything about it specifically.

Hehe, just got scared. Apparently the 1-18-08 site has a nice audio surprise after sitting with it open for a few minutes.