PDA

View Full Version : 48 hour donation period?

Second_Tier_My_Ass
11-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Does anyone think that we could combine both of these dates into one massive money bomb? By the time December rolls around, I think we could probably hit $12 million in donations over that 2-day span. I don't mean for the entire quarter. I mean we could raise 12 million extra dollars during just those 2 days alone. We could beat Hillary's record for donations in one day (6.1 million) not only once, but 2 days in a row. How amazing would that be? We were able to raise 4.3 in one day in early November. I think raising over 6 on each day in December is perfectly doable.

literatim
11-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Absolutely not. We will only get media attention if we break another 24 hour record. We won't get double by doing it, we will only split up the donations into two days.

KewlRonduderules
11-07-2007, 11:43 AM
Nah, doesn't work for me.

Sorry

kylejack
11-07-2007, 11:48 AM
I dig it. 15 & 16 will be weak days since they're on the weekend, and a 48 hour drive would be great.

Second_Tier_My_Ass
11-07-2007, 12:09 PM
What I'm suggesting is that we make sure to break the all-time record during the first day (December 15th). This is easily attainable I think. And then they would report it in the mainstream media on the 16th, just like they did on November 6. The beautiful part of this is that our money bomb would still be continuing on the day that they report it, so people who haven't donated yet or who don't know much about Ron Paul would go to his site and see that the donations are pooring in like crazy, and would join in. Hopefully we'd still have enough people here and on other forums who haven't donated yet or who would be willing to do so again, and we could probably break the record for a second day in a row. Even if we didn't break it the second day, it wouldn't matter. Just the fact that lots of people would be donating on the 16th would encourage people who heard about our efforts on the 15th to donate as well. I don't see why anybody would be against raising more money and gaining more new donations.

Didn't anyone else notice how much money we raised on November 6th? This was a direct result of all the media attention. Now imagine how much it would be if we still had a money bomb going off.

literatim
11-07-2007, 12:19 PM
I would rather see the money bomb go off Sunday and have the news spread Monday.

Dividing a fund raising day into two days is just asking for it not to be as successful as the 5th.

austin356
11-07-2007, 12:29 PM
Like the two days.

Sunday will only have 12 good hours of donation time (b/c most people are either sleeping or at Church on Sunday morning), thus probably creating payment processing or server issues.

justinc.1089
11-07-2007, 04:39 PM
I would rather see the money bomb go off Sunday and have the news spread Monday.

Dividing a fund raising day into two days is just asking for it not to be as successful as the 5th.

I absolutely agree with you. This will not work if we don't stick to only 1 day.

Remember how we raised a million in one week before? How much more did we get going with one day instead of 7 again? I think there was a big difference... having one date for people excites them more than two days.

I strongly urge that we stick to the 16th as the donation date. Remember people, we already invented the wheel, the 5th, it turned quite well, so we don't need to reinvent it by changing the plan much. We simply need to replace the 5th with the 16th, and Fawkes with BTP. If we keep it that simple we will do even better than before.

K1RBY
11-07-2007, 07:59 PM
2days is a dumb idea. seriously stop talking about it..its annoying to even know that people are this stupid to not realize this.
we need to break record...we get media coverage that way.
drop the 15th. its ignorant.

rich34
11-07-2007, 08:17 PM
I don't like the two day idea either. I believe we need to run with the 16th and raise as much money as possible. Once the news spreads on Monday we'll ride the wave all week long.

mtmedlin
11-07-2007, 11:09 PM
I gurantee that if we do it SUnday the 16th that no Ron Paul Supporter if going to sleep in and not get his donations in. If we do it in one day and actually hit at least 6.1 million then we set the all time record and leave the media talking about it throug the winter break. I say we do events (sign waving, parade, radio/tv buys etc) on the 15th, money bomb the 16th and watch the news on the 17th.

Midnight77
11-07-2007, 11:10 PM
No. No. And no. It has to be on one day for the Media attention we deserve. And I want to shatter John Kerry's single day record badly.

Tidewise
11-07-2007, 11:31 PM
2days is a dumb idea. seriously stop talking about it..its annoying to even know that people are this stupid to not realize this.
we need to break record...we get media coverage that way.
drop the 15th. its ignorant.

Easy with the insults guy. You can barely write but you are calling other people stupid?

son of liberty
11-07-2007, 11:43 PM
One day...but the campaign needs to put out a moto video this time. They have all the youtube subcribers or they can take a fanmade one and repost it under their name.

NewEnd
11-07-2007, 11:51 PM
one day
Dec 16th
so let it be written, so let it be done

RonPaulFever
11-08-2007, 03:58 AM
one day
Dec 16th
so let it be written, so let it be done

Agreed

The 16th and the 16th ONLY.

James R
11-08-2007, 04:23 AM
Agreed

The 16th and the 16th ONLY.

I'm all for ONE day only. Any other way would be simply less good.

Conza88
11-08-2007, 08:32 AM
Perrrffffect.
15th rally's nation wide, spreading the word about Ron Paul.
16th - DONATION DAY!
[whoo!!! whooo!!!!] - goes crazy like Colbert. :D

FunkBuddha
11-08-2007, 08:36 AM
I would prefer one day also... It won't make the news if doesn't break records. besides, I only want to have to commit one week-end day to watching the counter. ;)

LFOD
11-08-2007, 09:41 AM
I'm pretty excited about the 15th being Rally Day, and the 16th being Donation Day. Get people out on the streets on the 15th, build a massive buzz, talk it up, then WHAM! whee It's hard not to get excited about this.

But don't forget the 11th! I'm donating then too - $1 million would really be sweet for Veterans Day.