PDA

View Full Version : My Analysis of Limbaugh and Hannity Ron Paul Moments Today

Danjlion7
12-06-2011, 07:48 PM
I drive for a living so I usually have rush and hannity on at times throughout the day just to see what they are saying. When I heard the caller on Rush today make his points, and he did a fine job by the way, Rush was actually silenced. It was a rare thing to hear.

Then Rush asked, "Do you really think the tea party will rally around Ron Paul?". To which the caller responded that Paul was second in Iowa. Rush then responds, "I wouldn't be surprised if Ron Paul wins Iowa. I'm shaken but not stirred."

I just about lost control of my vehicle at that point. I could not believe what I had just heard. Totally stunned me.

Of course, after the break, and after I alerted people on this forum to what Rush just said, Rush must have realized what a positive thing he had just said about Paul and proceeded to attack him, saying Paul has nothing to do with the Tea Party, that he blames the USA for 911, blah blah blah.

Just a few hours later, another Ron Paul supporter gets on Hannity and discusses foreign policy. Sean through a hussy fit and was not nearly as fair as Rush had been with his caller, but the caller did a decent job.

I really can't see how either of these two moments hurt Ron Paul in any way. Particularly on Rush, the caller made very good points and led Rush into saying to millions of people today that Paul will more than likely win Iowa.

First of all, no one in the media has even come close to predicting who will win in Iowa. For Rush to say this, is huge. I would be willing to bet that Paul might get a nice little bounce from this. For millions of rush listeners to hear that Paul will probably win Iowa is huge just four weeks out from the caucus.

Am I making too big a deal about this? Or am I correct?

Maximus
12-06-2011, 07:55 PM
The very idea of Rush saying "Ron Paul could win..." is worth it.

Inkblots
12-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Well, to the extent that the media admits that Paul could the win Iowa, it will soften the resistance of those who won't support him because they think he can't win. So it's certainly a positive development, if not a "big deal".

rambone
12-06-2011, 07:57 PM
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
--Ghandi

jazzloversinc
12-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Our talk radio guy said this afterneoon if the election was today he would vote for Ron Paul...but he was very quick to say "that is not an endorsement". What are these fools afraid of???

rambone
12-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Need audio or Youtube clip ASAP!!

KramerDSP
12-06-2011, 08:01 PM
Well, I think Rush's influence has waned somewhat, but he still wields power in shaping minds out there. If he had said "Romney will win Iowa", it would have made headlines. I haven't seen a peep about this in the mainstream media. It's up to us to spread it viral. Perhaps a YouTube video of the audio of Rush saying this.

KramerDSP
12-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Our talk radio guy said this afterneoon if the election was today he would vote for Ron Paul...but he was very quick to say "that is not an endorsement". What are these fools afraid of???

They're dipping their feet in the water. That's fine. Before, they'd fold their arms in disgust and turn their back from the pool. We are making huge inroads.

sailingaway
12-06-2011, 08:03 PM

They may just have to clear official endorsements through management or something.

dannno
12-06-2011, 08:03 PM
These guys (Rush/Hannity/etc.) are in a really tough situation. They have to maintain some semblance of credibility with their listeners without wreaking too much havoc on the establishment (their masters). Very thin line, line is becoming thinner. Soon it should disappear, should be interesting to watch.

Todd
12-06-2011, 08:06 PM
The very idea of Rush saying "Ron Paul could win..." is worth it.

Need to put it in a TV ad....

rebelsc61
12-06-2011, 08:07 PM
I believe that this is the MSM's first official "Attack Talking Point"....that the USA caused 911. Rush, Hannity, and Howie Carr used it today. In fact, made it a point to say it. Up until now, I had not heard Hannity really use that argument, but he was full on it today.

Danjlion7
12-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Sorry, I do not have an audio clip or YouTube of Rush from today. If anyone is a 24/7 subscriber they could maybe post it.

TER
12-06-2011, 08:59 PM
The funny thing is that people are starting to realize that our policies, in fact, are responsible for the hate towards us in parts of the world, just like the 911 commission concluded and what the intelligence officials have stated... and what Bin Laden SAID was the reason, and to the average human with a brain, should be something understood and delt with. One of the greatest things Paul has done is bring the notion of 'blowback' into the living rooms of people all over this country. Once this idea is realized, then the ignorant and arrogant statements parroted by media puppets like Sean Hannity only reveal their hidden and selfish agenda.

Hannity and his ilk will become less and less relevant after this election and their spiritual blindness will cause them to be remembered as being on the wrong side of history. Of this, I am convinced. Because this movement is beyond one candidate and is now turning into something the media nor the corrupt beaurocrats will be able to contain.

unknown
12-06-2011, 09:04 PM
I like how RP supporters are able to use these national platforms even though gatekeepers like Rush and Hannity do their best to discredit him.

Lets hope that the listeners have evolved since the Clinton years and realize that something is very very wrong.

falconplayer11
12-06-2011, 09:05 PM
They will slowly start to support him as he gains in the polls. They don't want to look like the losers, and if it's Ron vs. Newt, I think Rush will go with Ron (subtly, of course).

Xenophage
12-06-2011, 09:25 PM
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
--Ghandi

So are we fighting now? :)

Feelgood
12-06-2011, 09:28 PM
What hour was this on Rush? I just downloaded the podcast, but I dont wish to listen to 3 hours of this blowhard to find this one little conversation.

wgadget
12-06-2011, 09:29 PM
I thought the phrase was:

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then you're higher in the polls than Mitt Romney."

LOL

Someone posted it here yesterday.

wgadget
12-06-2011, 09:30 PM
I think it was at the very end of the second hour and into the third. Someone posted an audio here somewhere on another thread.

EBounding
12-06-2011, 09:31 PM
Here's the clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=j8lGZuNWzas

Hospitaller
12-06-2011, 09:45 PM
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then you're higher in the polls than Mitt Romney, then they fight you, then you win"

fixt

MikeM39
12-06-2011, 10:14 PM
I drive for a living so I usually have rush and hannity on at times throughout the day just to see what they are saying. When I heard the caller on Rush today make his points, and he did a fine job by the way, Rush was actually silenced. It was a rare thing to hear.

Then Rush asked, "Do you really think the tea party will rally around Ron Paul?". To which the caller responded that Paul was second in Iowa. Rush then responds, "I wouldn't be surprised if Ron Paul wins Iowa. I'm shaken but not stirred."

I just about lost control of my vehicle at that point. I could not believe what I had just heard. Totally stunned me.

Of course, after the break, and after I alerted people on this forum to what Rush just said, Rush must have realized what a positive thing he had just said about Paul and proceeded to attack him, saying Paul has nothing to do with the Tea Party, that he blames the USA for 911, blah blah blah.

Just a few hours later, another Ron Paul supporter gets on Hannity and discusses foreign policy. Sean through a hussy fit and was not nearly as fair as Rush had been with his caller, but the caller did a decent job.

I really can't see how either of these two moments hurt Ron Paul in any way. Particularly on Rush, the caller made very good points and led Rush into saying to millions of people today that Paul will more than likely win Iowa.

The caller during Rush's show led to Limbaugh telling the audience that Ron Paul blames America for 9-11, if you don't think statements like that hurt Ron Paul then you don't understand how influential Limbaugh is.