PDA

View Full Version : NAACP Calls on UN to Intervene in US Elections

Miss Annie
12-06-2011, 07:41 PM
I am guessing that this is not good..... but exactly how bad is it?

NAACP Calls on UN to Intervene in US Elections

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/

The NAACP called on the UN to intervene in the United States ahead of the 2012 elections. The far left former rights group claims that new voting laws that require voters to present an ID are racist.

FOX News reported:

The NAACP is calling on the United Nations to intervene as it claims state governments are colluding to “block the vote” for minority communities ahead of the 2012 election — a charge those governments vehemently deny.

The nation’s biggest civil rights organization this week released a report that claimed a raft of new voting laws at the state level would disenfranchise minority voters. The report said 14 states passed 25 measures “designed to restrict or limit the ballot access of voters of color.”

The report catalogued several categories of laws that have been passed largely by Republican-dominated legislatures and which Democrats have decried in recent months as tools of voter suppression. The new laws include requirements to present photo ID at the polls, voting restrictions on felons and limitations on registration and early voting periods.

Supporters of the laws describe them as common-sense measures meant to ensure the integrity of elections. In Tennessee, which is implementing a new photo ID law, elections coordinator Mark Goins dismissed the criticism and questioned why the NAACP would flag the United Nations over its concerns, calling that effort “a bit extreme.”

“I don’t know what the benefit of going to the U.N. would be,” he said. “I can’t imagine any authority whatsoever that they would have here in Tennessee.”

But the NAACP described the new measures as part of a “concerted” effort to drive down minority turnout and is planning a multi-stage campaign to attract international attention.

NAACP Taking Complaints About U.S. Voter Laws to United Nations

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/06/naacp-taking-complaints-about-us-voter-laws-to-united-nations/#ixzz1fo4oyttv

The NAACP is calling on the United Nations to intervene as it claims state governments are colluding to "block the vote" for minority communities ahead of the 2012 election -- a charge those governments vehemently deny.

The nation's biggest civil rights organization this week released a report that claimed a raft of new voting laws at the state level would disenfranchise minority voters. The report said 14 states passed 25 measures "designed to restrict or limit the ballot access of voters of color."

The report catalogued several categories of laws that have been passed largely by Republican-dominated legislatures and which Democrats have decried in recent months as tools of voter suppression. The new laws include requirements to present photo ID at the polls, voting restrictions on felons and limitations on registration and early voting periods.

Supporters of the laws describe them as common-sense measures meant to ensure the integrity of elections. In Tennessee, which is implementing a new photo ID law, elections coordinator Mark Goins dismissed the criticism and questioned why the NAACP would flag the United Nations over its concerns, calling that effort "a bit extreme."

"I don't know what the benefit of going to the U.N. would be," he said. "I can't imagine any authority whatsoever that they would have here in Tennessee."

But the NAACP described the new measures as part of a "concerted" effort to drive down minority turnout and is planning a multi-stage campaign to attract international attention.

To start, the group is planning a "Stand 4 Freedom" rally this Saturday across from the U.N. headquarters. Supporters are being asked to sign an online pledge which, among other demands, calls on the United Nations to "investigate and condemn voter suppression tactics in the United States."

Copies of the latest report are being sent to the United Nations, as well as attorneys general across the country and the Department of Justice. According to one newspaper report, the NAACP will follow up in March when it sends a delegation to Geneva, Switzerland, to present its case before the U.N. Human Rights Council -- a group known more for its sustained criticism of Israel than its attention to voting rights.

"We are experiencing an assault on voting rights that is historic, both in terms of its scope and intensity," the NAACP report said. It described the laws as a "direct response" to rising levels of minority voter participation in 2008 and the growth of those communities reflected in the 2010 Census.

The report cited several examples of voting restrictions that were passed or strengthened this year.

In 2011, seven state legislatures passed laws requiring voters to show photo ID before casting their ballots. Another state, Mississippi, approved such a law last month via ballot initiative.

Republican governors in Florida and Iowa also reversed measures meant to end restrictions on the voting rights of felons. About a half-dozen states tightened restrictions on registration periods and on early voting periods. Alabama and Kansas also passed measures to require proof of citizenship to register; Tennessee passed a similar but more narrowly tailored measure.

The NAACP and other critics of the laws claim new eligibility requirements to vote and register disproportionately impact black and Latino voters. The NAACP study said that while 11 percent of U.S. citizens don't have government-issued photo ID, 25 percent of voting-age black citizens fall in the same boat.

But officials in the affected states say they're taking extra steps to ensure voters who are eligible can meet the new requirements without much hassle.

In Tennessee, which has a photo ID law going into effect in January 2012, officials started offering free photo IDs at local DMV offices -- for voting purposes only.

Goins rejected the claim that the change would disenfranchise voters. He noted that his office established the position of "minority coordinator" to reach out to minority communities about the change.

"If you're an eligible voter, you're going to be fine. If you're an ineligible voter ... then you're going to have issues," he told FoxNews.com.

South Carolina voting officials are also offering two kinds of photo ID cards that would be free of charge -- one from the DMV and another special voter registration card.

Not all these laws are taking effect imminently. South Carolina, Alabama and Texas still need to have their laws approved by the Justice Department. In Rhode Island, that state's photo ID requirement doesn't go into effect until the beginning of 2014.

Still, detractors say the proposals taken together could have a devastating effect next year. A report on new voter laws by the Brennan Center for Justice estimated that the laws "could make it significantly harder" for more than 5 million eligible voters to vote in 2012.

"These new restrictions fall most heavily on young, minority and low-income voters, as well as on voters with disabilities," the Brennan Center report said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/06/naacp-taking-complaints-about-us-voter-laws-to-united-nations/#ixzz1foBwsldb

eduardo89
12-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Russia and china should enforce a no fly zone over the US. For the safety of all American citizens, of course.

AuH20
12-06-2011, 07:49 PM
You can't get a library card without ID and you want to vote without one? Really NAACP?

jazzloversinc
12-06-2011, 08:03 PM
I sent them a nastygram about that and told them that's up to the states and heck with the UN most people want them thrown out.

Southron
12-06-2011, 08:55 PM
Voting was never intended to be a right anyway, but since it is now, how hard is it to present a photo ID?

If you can't prove you are a registered voter, tough luck.

Miss Annie
12-06-2011, 09:15 PM
I think it is so stupid! You have to have an ID to drive a car, get a credit card or bank account. You need an ID to see a doctor, register for school, etc... I don't think it's too much to ask to show an ID. I think they are just pissy because it gets in the way of voter fraud.

ryanmkeisling
12-06-2011, 09:27 PM
Then why not a chip in your shoulder?

Miss Annie
12-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Then why not a chip in your shoulder?

The only kind of chips I am having is Nacho Chips!

QueenB4Liberty
12-06-2011, 09:31 PM
Voting was never intended to be a right anyway, but since it is now, how hard is it to present a photo ID?

If you can't prove you are a registered voter, tough luck.

Seriously, I'm not sure what is so hard to understand about this.

Moo2400
12-06-2011, 09:35 PM
Seriously, I'm not sure what is so hard to understand about this.

You gotta remember, democrats almost solely favor from having no ID to vote, due to undocumented individuals and others almost always voting democrat. Of course they're going to cry over this as if it's Jim Crow. It's ridiculous and I hope anybody who hasn't bought into this partisan bullshit can see through it.

ryanmkeisling
12-06-2011, 09:40 PM
The only kind of chips I am having is Nacho Chips!

Good answer. :) +rep.

noxagol
12-06-2011, 10:06 PM
State ID card costs all of 5 or 10 dollars here in illinois to get

donnay
12-07-2011, 12:17 AM
We don't need the UN for anything! What we need is to get rid of the electronic voting machines and the electronic counters! We need to have serious election reform, and go back to paper ballots with hand counters and independent oversight of the counts!

We do not need election results the day of the vote. Americans and our incessant need for instant gratification has come to bite us on the arse!!!

Carehn
12-07-2011, 12:30 AM
ID, No ID. Im starting to think if voting could change anything they would have outlawed it by now. What they should do is have people present an IQ score before they can vote, But thats only if they must present anything. I don't see how an ID will uphold the integrity of an election. It hasn't worked so far, lets give the IQ test a try.

youngbuck
12-07-2011, 01:43 AM
You gotta remember, democrats almost solely favor from having no ID to vote, due to undocumented individuals and others almost always voting democrat. Of course they're going to cry over this as if it's Jim Crow. It's ridiculous and I hope anybody who hasn't bought into this partisan bullshit can see through it.

Yes indeed. The lazy and entitled are always looking for more handouts, but showing an ID is too much to ask in return.

Oh, and screw the NAACP and the UN.

Perry
12-07-2011, 01:52 AM
Am I the only one infuriated by this? WTF!? The audacious idea that an internal organization could contact an outside nation to deal with internal affairs?!! Fucking treasonous.

Paulatized
12-07-2011, 07:01 AM
I totally agree. +rep As bad as the US getting in the internal affairs of other nations and meddling in their elections.

Am I the only one infuriated by this? WTF!? The audacious idea that an internal organization could contact an outside nation to deal with internal affairs?!! Fucking treasonous.

fisharmor
12-07-2011, 07:25 AM
You gotta remember, democrats almost solely favor from having no ID to vote, due to undocumented individuals and others almost always voting democrat.

And the only reason people show up in droves to vote democrat is that they're voting against the republican.
Immigrants don't come to this country for the privilege of paying high taxes, having their homes raided in the middle of the night, and sending their kids to die in a war.
They come here to escape that shit.

They only vote democrat to vote against the republican.
It's that simple.
If the republican would shut his stupid pie hole about kicking them all out, they'd stay home. Or they could be convinced of the merits of liberty.

Southron
12-07-2011, 07:55 AM
And the only reason people show up in droves to vote democrat is that they're voting against the republican.
Immigrants don't come to this country for the privilege of paying high taxes, having their homes raided in the middle of the night, and sending their kids to die in a war.
They come here to escape that shit.

They only vote democrat to vote against the republican.
It's that simple.
If the republican would shut his stupid pie hole about kicking them all out, they'd stay home. Or they could be convinced of the merits of liberty.

I think it's wishful thinking to think that supporters of illegals won't vote for Democrats if Republicans just change their rhetoric.

John McCain lost the Hispanic vote to Obama despite his weak stance on immigration.

ItsTime
12-07-2011, 08:08 AM
So they want the UN to send troops in?

Dr.3D
12-07-2011, 08:17 AM
So they want the UN to send troops in?
Don't count that out. I'll bet Obama wouldn't hesitate to use foreign troops on U.S. soil.

jtstellar
12-07-2011, 08:21 AM
i believe repubs passed this law because of voter fraud claims?

Matthew5
12-07-2011, 09:03 AM
IDs cost money. Therefore it's imposing a "tax" to vote.

24th Amendment: The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any State by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.

So are we pro-Constitution and anti-authoritarian until far left organizations are involved? Just because you have a car that means you have more of a right to vote than someone who chooses not to drive?

fisharmor
12-07-2011, 09:06 AM
John McCain lost the Hispanic vote to Obama despite his weak stance on immigration.

I suppose that WAS before the time he blamed last summer's Arizona wildfires on illegal immigrants....
:rolleyes:

Dr.3D
12-07-2011, 09:07 AM

So are we pro-Constitution and anti-authoritarian until far left organizations are involved? Just because you have a car that means you have more of a right to vote than someone who chooses not to drive?

So are you saying those who don't have the money to drive a vehicle should be bussed in to vote at the tax payers expense? Wouldn't that be socialized transportation?

Matthew5
12-07-2011, 09:09 AM
So are you saying those who don't have the money to drive a vehicle should be bussed in to vote at the tax payers expense? Wouldn't that be socialized transportation?

Nope. Ever heard of walking? lol :p

Seriously though, many people in major cities don't need driver's licenses because they walk most areas or ride a bike. You think they should have to go get an ID just so they can vote?

Dr.3D
12-07-2011, 09:11 AM

Seriously though, many people in major cities don't need driver's licenses because they walk most areas or ride a bike. You think they should have to go get an ID just so they can vote?
They should have some form of identification to prove they are who they say they are. We don't need people voting two or more times.

Matthew5
12-07-2011, 09:14 AM
They should have some form of identification to prove they are who they say they are. We don't need people voting two or more times.

Everyone already gets a SS # for free.

Dr.3D
12-07-2011, 09:17 AM
Everyone already gets a SS # for free.
And they get a card showing that SSN. But without a photo, the SS# could be used by anybody.

My SS card disintegrated years ago. I don't have the card anymore but as long as I have some form of issued picture ID, I am still allowed to vote.

Matthew5
12-07-2011, 09:26 AM
And they get a card showing that SSN. But without a photo, the SS# could be used by anybody.

My SS card disintegrated years ago. I don't have the card anymore but as long as I have some form of issued picture ID, I am still allowed to vote.

That's true, but they could bring in other supporting evidence to prove their identity. Utility bills, tax forms, etc.

angelatc
12-07-2011, 09:36 AM
You can't get a library card without ID and you want to vote without one? Really NAACP?

Really? Last time I got a card I didn't need ID, but that's been a few years.

Buying liquor though....

angelatc
12-07-2011, 09:37 AM

Uh, yes.

John F Kennedy III
12-07-2011, 09:43 AM

Yes. Ron Paul would win because we could all vote a bazillion times, instead of just once per person like the online polls.

Miss Annie
12-07-2011, 09:43 AM
I really don't see the problem with requiring a photo ID to vote. You don't see people raising a fuss that you need a license to drive or a SS# to legally work. Anyone that is legally in this country can go to the DMV and get a valid photo ID card. It's really very simple!

Matthew5
12-07-2011, 10:22 AM
I really don't see the problem with requiring a photo ID to vote. You don't see people raising a fuss that you need a license to drive or a SS# to legally work. Anyone that is legally in this country can go to the DMV and get a valid photo ID card. It's really very simple!

Well, people don't raise a fuss about driver's license is because it's a privilege, not a right.

I would disagree that getting a photo ID is very simple. When is dealing with bureaucrats ever simple? lol Plus it costs money, why should I be forced to pay even more money to my government than I already do?

Southron
12-07-2011, 10:32 AM
Well, people don't raise a fuss about driver's license is because it's a privilege, not a right.

I would disagree that getting a photo ID is very simple. When is dealing with bureaucrats ever simple? lol Plus it costs money, why should I be forced to pay even more money to my government than I already do?

It may be considered a right nowadays but does the whole world have a right to vote in our elections?

jmdrake
12-07-2011, 10:39 AM

Maybe in your state but not in mine. My son has a library card and he doesn't have an ID. And no photo ID was required of me when I got my library card. I just needed to bring proof of residency and was told that a utility bill would do just fine. I also remember not to long ago when most drivers licenses didn't even have photo's on them. But we are becoming more and more a surveillance society. Eventually we'll all have to have retina scans just to use a public bathroom. Most states have knuckled into the beast inspired "RealID" even though they claim they haven't. The Tennessee legislature specifically passed legislation rejecting the RealID and calling on our state congressional delegation to fight against it, but at the DMV there is a sign that says "Don't worry. Your driver's license is RealID compliant". Oh yeah, and "conservative" TN congresswoman Marsha Blackburn is leading the charge to force states to adopt RealID. The "instant background check" for getting a job that "conservatives" seem to want so bad is all about pushing forward the national ID card. Welcome to 1984. I disagree with the NAACP going to the NWO backed U.N. for help, but this is really ridiculous.

AuH20
12-07-2011, 10:40 AM
It may be considered a right nowadays but does the whole world have a right to vote in our elections?

Considering the chaotic state of the world, I offer a resounding "NO!!!!!" When America was created, I thought they were attempting to create a new sanctuary as opposed to more of the same?

jmdrake
12-07-2011, 10:46 AM

People ought to raise a fuss about needing a SS# to legally work. The social security system itself is an unconstitutional abomination and a fraud. I should have to pay "payroll taxes" for the "privilege" to work just so that the government can put money into a "retirement system" that it routinely tells me will likely be broke before I retire. And some people are beginning to fuss about how our drivers' licenses are being federalized. See:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptsbCwcbrfc

While that video is about being required to have a thumbscan to drive, opponents of RealID are also concerned about machine readable photographs. If you notice they no longer just take your picture at the DMV. You have to stand in a particular way and look a particular way. It's so that a machine can later face scan your license the same say that it can thumbscan you now. And how about new federal legislation requiring farmers to have licenses to drive tractors....own their own land?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPfiLLsTlDo

oyarde
12-07-2011, 11:55 AM
I sent them a nastygram about that and told them that's up to the states and heck with the UN most people want them thrown out. This has been the law in my state for quite some time . The intent was to eliminate voter fraud , of course the dems were against it .

oyarde
12-07-2011, 11:58 AM

So are we pro-Constitution and anti-authoritarian until far left organizations are involved? Just because you have a car that means you have more of a right to vote than someone who chooses not to drive? I will have to check , but , I believe there is no charge for them in my state if you obtain a state id only for the purpose of voting .

oyarde
12-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Maybe in your state but not in mine. My son has a library card and he doesn't have an ID. And no photo ID was required of me when I got my library card. I just needed to bring proof of residency and was told that a utility bill would do just fine. I also remember not to long ago when most drivers licenses didn't even have photo's on them. But we are becoming more and more a surveillance society. Eventually we'll all have to have retina scans just to use a public bathroom. Most states have knuckled into the beast inspired "RealID" even though they claim they haven't. The Tennessee legislature specifically passed legislation rejecting the RealID and calling on our state congressional delegation to fight against it, but at the DMV there is a sign that says "Don't worry. Your driver's license is RealID compliant". Oh yeah, and "conservative" TN congresswoman Marsha Blackburn is leading the charge to force states to adopt RealID. The "instant background check" for getting a job that "conservatives" seem to want so bad is all about pushing forward the national ID card. Welcome to 1984. I disagree with the NAACP going to the NWO backed U.N. for help, but this is really ridiculous. All they did at the library for me was ask if I lived in the county .

oyarde
12-07-2011, 12:04 PM
I just paid 23 bucks for my drivers license and to switch a plate , they owe me 17 bucks back on the plate , wonder how long I have to wait on that :) ?

oyarde
12-07-2011, 12:34 PM
I am not a real big supporter of id voting , but I am opposed to voter fraud , voter fraud is a specialty of the dem party in many large cities . And , SCREW the UN and the NAACP !

jmdrake
12-07-2011, 12:41 PM

That's a fallacious red herring argument. Your voter registration card (which in my state does not have a photo on it) already takes care of that. When I go vote they look at my card, compare the signature on the card, and then cross out my name. So how pray tell am I going to vote twice? Steal a voter registration card from someone else? If I do that and they're about to vote won't they notice and report the problem? Most certainly they will. The only safe way to multivote like that is to zombie vote (steal a dead person's identity). But that only works if the elections commission is so lazy that they don't clear up their voter rolls when people die. Sadly some are that lazy, but who's fault is that? The state issues a birth certificate every time someone dies. It would be a simply matter to cross reference this data with the voter rolls, and when there is a match send someone the following message.

Hello Mr. Smith. We think you're dead. We've included a postage paid response card. If you are still alive please sign it and send it back. If we don't get this back within 90 days we will assume you are dead and will strike your name from the rolls.

Besides, people already vote twice legally in presidential elections. Some "snowbirds" are registered voters in two states. (Often New York and Florida). They will take advantage of this by voting in New York, then flying to Florida and voting down there as well. Having a photo ID doesn't fix this. Not unless it's a national ID card (something that Ron Paul is vehemently against).

Plus the real issue is electronic voting. Rather than 1 person voting twice, a clever programmer can flip hundreds or thousands of votes at once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7tjnuG-l6g

There is already money to fix this problem. All you need it to add a paper receipt to voting machines. In Tennessee guess who fought against accountability for electronic voting machines? You guessed it. Conservative REPUBLICANS in the state legislature. Republicans complaining about voter fraud is the pot calling the kettle black.

oyarde
12-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Maybe in your state but not in mine. My son has a library card and he doesn't have an ID. And no photo ID was required of me when I got my library card. I just needed to bring proof of residency and was told that a utility bill would do just fine. I also remember not to long ago when most drivers licenses didn't even have photo's on them. But we are becoming more and more a surveillance society. Eventually we'll all have to have retina scans just to use a public bathroom. Most states have knuckled into the beast inspired "RealID" even though they claim they haven't. The Tennessee legislature specifically passed legislation rejecting the RealID and calling on our state congressional delegation to fight against it, but at the DMV there is a sign that says "Don't worry. Your driver's license is RealID compliant". Oh yeah, and "conservative" TN congresswoman Marsha Blackburn is leading the charge to force states to adopt RealID. The "instant background check" for getting a job that "conservatives" seem to want so bad is all about pushing forward the national ID card. Welcome to 1984. I disagree with the NAACP going to the NWO backed U.N. for help, but this is really ridiculous. The only thing I routinely run into problems with is changing the address on my license . They always ask for a couple of utilty bills . I do not have two . No home phone , just a cell , that bill goes to my mailbox on a few acres at my family farm , I am all electric , except the furnace ( propane ) , I do not buy or use propane ( over $2 gallon ) , the tank is full , but I use electric & wood. No water , sewer , trash bill ( well water ), my electric bill is in my deceased wife's name , which leaves me one , the tv and I am probably getting rid of that one next year ( never there to watch it ) . Crazy ...

jmdrake
12-07-2011, 01:52 PM
I am not a real big supporter of id voting , but I am opposed to voter fraud , voter fraud is a specialty of the dem party in many large cities . And , SCREW the UN and the NAACP !

Democrat voter fraud pales in comparison to Karl Rove GOP voter fraud. In 2008 Bush/GOP operatives were convicted of trying to rig the recount in Ohio. Watch the video I posted. Electronic voting is the real fraud opportunity, and it is republicans (at least in my state) fighting hard to make sure the potential for that type of fraud continues.

Warrior_of_Freedom
12-07-2011, 02:00 PM
They don't want IDs, this way they can cheat again and have people vote for Obama multiple times.

oyarde
12-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Democrat voter fraud pales in comparison to Karl Rove GOP voter fraud. In 2008 Bush/GOP operatives were convicted of trying to rig the recount in Ohio. Watch the video I posted. Electronic voting is the real fraud opportunity, and it is republicans (at least in my state) fighting hard to make sure the potential for that type of fraud continues. I think it is a state / city problem , I grew up in a state next to Illinois and have seen the dem machine play this out for my entire life , I have a buddy from Philly that can tell some amazing stories about the dem machine there in the 60's.

oyarde
12-09-2011, 01:28 PM
That's a fallacious red herring argument. Your voter registration card (which in my state does not have a photo on it) already takes care of that. When I go vote they look at my card, compare the signature on the card, and then cross out my name. So how pray tell am I going to vote twice? Steal a voter registration card from someone else? If I do that and they're about to vote won't they notice and report the problem? Most certainly they will. The only safe way to multivote like that is to zombie vote (steal a dead person's identity). But that only works if the elections commission is so lazy that they don't clear up their voter rolls when people die. Sadly some are that lazy, but who's fault is that? The state issues a birth certificate every time someone dies. It would be a simply matter to cross reference this data with the voter rolls, and when there is a match send someone the following message.

Hello Mr. Smith. We think you're dead. We've included a postage paid response card. If you are still alive please sign it and send it back. If we don't get this back within 90 days we will assume you are dead and will strike your name from the rolls.

Besides, people already vote twice legally in presidential elections. Some "snowbirds" are registered voters in two states. (Often New York and Florida). They will take advantage of this by voting in New York, then flying to Florida and voting down there as well. Having a photo ID doesn't fix this. Not unless it's a national ID card (something that Ron Paul is vehemently against).

Plus the real issue is electronic voting. Rather than 1 person voting twice, a clever programmer can flip hundreds or thousands of votes at once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7tjnuG-l6g

There is already money to fix this problem. All you need it to add a paper receipt to voting machines. In Tennessee guess who fought against accountability for electronic voting machines? You guessed it. Conservative REPUBLICANS in the state legislature. Republicans complaining about voter fraud is the pot calling the kettle black. Yeah , I have my voter registration card , and they line me out , unless I am missing something , that should be good enough ??

TheBlackPeterSchiff
12-09-2011, 01:46 PM
NAACP is sooooo irrelevant.

oyarde
12-09-2011, 01:51 PM
NAACP is sooooo irrelevant. Yes