PDA

View Full Version : The Christmas Miracle: Ron Paul

SonicInfinity
11-07-2007, 11:20 AM
I am posting these two videos here.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6T9eZz27zYo
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dIO3ZpT_nJI

I have seen two separate dates pop up recently and have begun to spread virally: December 15th and 16th. What bugs me, though, is that this may not work all too well.

Before you start attacking me, here is my logic:

First off, we all know that a nation divided cannot stand. Having two separate dates splits up the money into two separate days, and although that might sound good at first, we need to keep in mind the media's perspective. They are doing as much as they can (especially FOX News) to ignore this revolution. With Christmas coming up, if Ron Paul was able to pull of something huge on the 15th and 16th, what they could do is talk about it for a half a day, then COMPLETELY flood out Ron Paul with Christmas discussion.

Yes, we can still hold a money bombing weekend on the 15th and 16th. I am not debating this. What I think we all need to remember, though, is that if we donate ALL of our money on these two days, the media can wipe it all away. We need to save the major "bomb" for the 25th. If we all manage to contribute a MASSIVE amount on this day, the media will have no choice but to accept Ron Paul as "The Christmas Miracle".

Again, I'm going to state that donating on the 15th and 16th is fine. Put together fund raisers, get groups together, spread virally, etc., but if you all truly want Ron Paul to remembered and not be washed away by the media, the major donation day HAS to take place on the 25th.

To those that don't say Christmas and Politics mix, remember: Revolution and Establishment don't mix, either.

So yeah, if people can explain to me the logic of why my idea is absolutely horrid (as I've already heard from many people), and why the 15th and 16th are SO much better, be my guest.

sylvania
11-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Well, for me, I will be broke on December 25th having bought a bunch of stuff I can't afford for my family and friends and it will be much harder to justify giving to a politician on that date. Plus, with traveling and family dinners, etc, I don't even know that I will be thinking about donating on December 25th.

But, I have already made plans to donate on December 16th. I know I'll have the cash from my paycheck then (I get paid on the 15th) so my bank funds will feel full and I'll think, heck, why not? I really like this guy and I think he deserves some money.

SonicInfinity
11-07-2007, 11:35 AM
But doing everything on two days does not make it as "big". I mean sure, if we manage to bring in $10M for Ron Paul on each DAY, then that would be massive, but what if we only bring in $4.2M again on each day?

I think that we need to up the ante and plan. If we are REALLY going to do two days, we need to contribute on BOTH DAYS. IOW, $100 on the 15th, and $100 on the 16th. IMO, this is the ONLY way these two days can work successfully.

wgadget
11-07-2007, 11:47 AM
How about New Year's Eve? We know it's gonna happen no matter what, being the last day of the 4th quarter.