PDA

View Full Version : Your vote does not matter.

Elwar
11-07-2007, 11:09 AM
No, this is not a thread about Diebold.

This is about the fact that your single vote will play no role in electing the next Republican candidate. It will not come down to a single vote in your state giving Ron Paul the win. As far as the general election, unless you work every day in a robe, your single vote will not count. No presidential election will be decided by one vote.

So what does count? Hundreds of votes will affect the outcome in your state. It is not your single vote that makes a difference, it is what you do between now and election day that will get Ron Paul elected. You need to be determined to make sure that come election day Ron Paul doesn't lose your state by ~100 votes because you decided you've done enough.

Ron Paul needs at least 2 million votes in the primary to get around 20%...that's the amount he would need if the frontrunners split the vote evenly. That's 33 people per meetup member. That's 80 people per meetup member to get him over 50% which he will most likely need.

Your one vote does not matter, but the votes of the hundreds of people you interact with between now and election day do.

JoshLowry
11-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Your one vote does not matter, but the votes of the hundreds of people you interact with between now and election day do.

Agreed. Bring 50 people with you to the primary booth.

me3
11-07-2007, 11:29 AM
As front runners drop out, the delegates will shift neocon. Anything less than 40% will be a problem. It's all about establishing early momentum and then continuing on through the early primaries like Wyoming, Nevada and SC.

But votes alone, even 40% may not do it. Even raising $20 million this quarter may not do it.

We need delegates. The campaign has made it clear that popular vote alone is not enough to win, if Dr. Paul does not have comprehensive representation at the Republican National Convention.

So please, locate opportunities to become a delegate or a precinct captain. It's vital. We need the support and the apparatus of the GOP party to make this nomination a reality.

yongrel
11-07-2007, 11:36 AM
what if I'm really big?

john_anderson_ii
11-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Agreed. Bring 50 people with you to the primary booth.

I plan on bringing my whole company. I'll take their mice and keyboards away until they go with me.

mrchubbs
11-07-2007, 11:54 AM
I disagree. This is from the election results in my area yesterday.

http://www.libertymaven.com/wp-content/uploads/onevotecounts.png

Enjoy.

OceanMachine7
11-07-2007, 11:58 AM
I disagree. This is from the election results in my area yesterday.

http://www.libertymaven.com/wp-content/uploads/onevotecounts.png

Enjoy.

Schutte got pwned by "Write-In".