PDA

View Full Version : "Ron Paul's 'big dog' is barking" (Ad criticism)

1stAmendguy
12-06-2011, 03:01 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2011/dec/06/ron-paul-big-dog-barking?newsfeed=true

"Ron Paul's problem has never been personal (his family life is as solid as Gingrich's is rocky) or flip-flopping (he holds opinions consistently even when they damage him). It is that he – and some of his policies – sometimes come across as crazy to some people. Given the attractive position Paul suddenly finds himself in, this ad is unlikely to change that."

"A glance at the timer reveals this TV spot is just 35 seconds long. Yet it felt like an hour. It was so frenetic, so crazed, so spectacularly over the top that it leaves you shaking your head in disbelief."

"'I'm Ron Paul and I approve this message,' Paul says at the end. Did you, Ron? Really? That scares me."

unknown
12-06-2011, 03:03 PM
Not even kidding, this may be the best ad for anything let alone a campaign.

Tina
12-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Good! more press.

Agorism
12-06-2011, 03:05 PM
I liked the anti-Gingrich ad, but I didn't like the Big Dog ad personally. A quaint biographical ad would not be a bad idea.

Or my idea from the other thread.

I was imagining a commercial yesterday called "The Rule of Law" where he blasts the other candidates for support Waterboarding torture, Patriot Act, indefinite detention, eavesdropping, assassination of U.S. citizens etc.

Then end with him recommending Frιdιric Bastiat

sailingaway
12-06-2011, 03:06 PM
I'm not keen on the ad, either, but at least the Guardian is writing about it.

bluesc
You don't see anything like the ad on British TV, so don't be surprised by his review. The ad is awesome for ESPN.

Cap
Good! more press.Fuck yeah! Give us more exposure.

Napolitanic Wars
12-06-2011, 03:07 PM
The Guardian is a British newspaper.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-XvxiU7W_bBQ/ThW-SQOPxjI/AAAAAAAAA9U/4FQmL4rnPAM/s1600/snob2.jpg

Oddone
12-06-2011, 03:08 PM
The ad is perfect for the group it is aimed at.

PastaRocket848
12-06-2011, 03:11 PM
they're british. i don't take entertainment advice from british people. the only thing they've ever gotten right was Top Gear.

RonPaulCult
12-06-2011, 03:13 PM
They wouldn't like our truck commercials either. But guess what - Americans buy trucks.

Ron Paul - DO IT BITCH!

Travlyr
12-06-2011, 03:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXCZVmQ74OA&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXCZVmQ74OA&feature=player_embedded

Paul Harris
guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 6 December 2011 17.16 GMT

"I'm Ron Paul and I approve this message," Paul says at the end. Did you, Ron? Really? That scares me.

Heh... heh... The Mother Country is scared. ;)

Agorism
12-06-2011, 03:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sYbOL1lyyg

What if we finally decide that torture even if called “enhanced interrogation technique” is self-destructive and produces no useful information and that contracting it out to a third world nation is just as evil?
What if Christianity actually teaches peace and not preventive wars of aggression?

2young2vote
12-06-2011, 03:27 PM
One minute he says that Trump hosting the debate is below the office of the president, then he approves this really stupid ad. This ad is extremely over the top and will probably make people think negatively about him. Big mistake. I don't understand how you guys can't see how childish this thing looks.

bluesc
12-06-2011, 03:28 PM
One minute he says that Trump hosting the debate is below the office of the president, then he approves this really stupid ad. This ad is extremely over the top and will probably make people think negatively about him. Big mistake. I don't understand how you guys can't see how childish this thing looks.

It's airing on ESPN. You aren't the intended audience.

RonRules
12-06-2011, 03:31 PM
I don't like the ad either. Instead of simply saying, "we'll abolish these 5 gov depts", I rather have a concise explanation as to why ONE department needs to go.
Example: Dept of Education did not improve education, it's a cost with no measurable benefit. It needs to go.

lucent
12-06-2011, 03:47 PM

Well, I can't understand why you don't see just how freaking awesome that ad is.

Emerick
12-06-2011, 03:48 PM
I don't like the ad either. Instead of simply saying, "we'll abolish these 5 gov depts", I rather have a concise explanation as to why ONE department needs to go.
Example: Dept of Education did not improve education, it's a cost with no measurable benefit. It needs to go.

There are different kinds of voters. There are some who research the candidates and make an informed decision. Most of them will eventually come on board, I think. But maybe the majority of voters is made of people who don't care much, that focus on entertainment. Look at Herman Cain.

With this second type of voters, the best way of gaining support is to fix an image. You need them to remember the "what", not the "why". They must understand and remember all the time that Ron is cutting 1 Trillion dollars - with a big T. They must see that that's great and that all others plans are weak.

If you read any book on memory, it will tell you that our memory works by association. And that the best way to remember anything is to have a strong association with feelings. And, the more weird it seems, the best the association is remembered. That's why this ad is so great. It makes a lot of very powerfull associations.

Cdn_for_liberty
12-06-2011, 03:53 PM
The Guardian is a left wing British news paper. I'm not surprised that they would say this.

acptulsa
12-06-2011, 03:54 PM
Why, again, are we all here? Because Washington has deteriorated to the point where different is good?

And if different is good, why would we try to sell it in the same old way? So that people won't think it's different? Because I don't know about you, but a lot of people I've had trouble selling on Ron Paul simply refuse to believe he's any different from the same old batch of crooks...

The ad has balls. And Ron Paul? How many 434-1 votes are on his record? How often has he railed against the entire remainder of the House?

I like it.

LawnWake
12-06-2011, 04:01 PM

I don't think you quite get it. Most people here don't like the ad because.. well, 'they think it's good'. They like it because it's PERFECT for the target audience (to the point, masculine, easy to follow, TOTALLY F#CK!N6 3XT3M3, exactly what the ESPN audience wants) and because it's just HILARIOUS coming from Paul. I mean, seriously, this is like.. the antithesis of Ron Paul. If Perry had released this ad, it would've been terrible, if Bachmann did it would've just been confusing, but Paul... dunno. There's a certain irony about it.

Hence why I don't care what the Guardian has to say about it. The UK has generally been more about subtlety, so something this over-the-top is lost on them.

12-06-2011, 04:04 PM
I really wish they would take the money from today and run the serial hypocrisy ad and NOT the dog ad in Iowa and NH. Newt needs to be knocked down a few notches in the next few weeks.

limequat
12-06-2011, 04:06 PM
I really wish they would take the money from today and run the serial hypocrisy ad and NOT the dog ad in Iowa and NH. Newt needs to be knocked down a few notches in the next few weeks.

Got an email from the campaign. Sounds like serial hypocrisy is airing and they want the additional half mil to run big dog.

matt0611
12-06-2011, 04:07 PM
I don't think you quite get it. Most people here don't like the ad because.. well, 'they think it's good'. They like it because it's PERFECT for the target audience (to the point, masculine, easy to follow, TOTALLY F#CK!N6 3XT3M3, exactly what the ESPN audience wants) and because it's just HILARIOUS coming from Paul. I mean, seriously, this is like.. the antithesis of Ron Paul. If Perry had released this ad, it would've been terrible, if Bachmann did it would've just been confusing, but Paul... dunno. There's a certain irony about it.

Hence why I don't care what the Guardian has to say about it. The UK has generally been more about subtlety, so something this over-the-top is lost on them.

Yup, exactly. For what this ad is targeting to be, its freakin great.

Matthew5
12-06-2011, 04:07 PM
they're british. i don't take entertainment advice from british people. the only thing they've ever gotten right was Top Gear.

Please rescind these vile remarks sir!

Napolitanic Wars
12-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Does ANYONE know what channels this will air? Is the campaign not telling? Everyone has been saying it will be on ESPN but so far that's just a rumor to keep the nay-sayers quiet.

12-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Got an email from the campaign. Sounds like serial hypocrisy is airing and they want the additional half mil to run big dog.

Good. I saw that they edited it down to 1 minute on the you tube channel, so I kinda figured it was going on TV.

PastaRocket848
12-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Please rescind these vile remarks sir!

give me Top Gear first run episodes the night they air in britain on BBC America and you have a deal ;)

PastaRocket848
12-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Does ANYONE know what channels this will air? Is the campaign not telling? Everyone has been saying it will be on ESPN but so far that's just a rumor to keep the nay-sayers quiet.

they stated exactly which channels it would be on, one of which was ESPN. the only other that i remember off hand was History Channel.

Crotale
12-06-2011, 04:42 PM
The Guardian is a British newspaper.[/IMG]

It's not a newspaper, it's a rag.

fearthereaperx
12-06-2011, 04:43 PM
AD is great. This is intended for the I love explosions Michael Bay crowd.

Revolution9
12-06-2011, 04:45 PM

Says a youngster with all the aplomb of.... wait for it... a youngster.

Rev9

Revolution9
12-06-2011, 04:46 PM
I'm not keen on the ad,

Please. We frakkin' know already...again...once more.

Rev9

LibertyEagle
12-06-2011, 04:47 PM
The campaign is kicking serious butt.

The end.

Steppenwolf6
establishment british get nervous when they hear words like "Revolution" and "America" connected one to the other.

Steppenwolf6
The campaign is kicking serious butt.

The end.
Amen.

Revolution9

Just your explanation would take 90 seconds. You people. Put on yer frakkin' thinking caps. Yer worse than my stupid clients.

Rev9

hammy
12-06-2011, 04:48 PM
The ad isn't for us, guys. We aren't normal voters. Normal voters don't stay up late and watch reruns of Ron Paul owning Ben Bernanke on C-Span 3.

The ad is absolutely PERFECT for the directed audience. I can't remember what the college team name is at the moment, but the truck at the end is an allusion to one of Iowa's football teams (lol obviously not a big sports fan). I think it's fantastic.

Matthew5
12-06-2011, 04:53 PM
give me Top Gear first run episodes the night they air in britain on BBC America and you have a deal ;)

haha! I'll see what I can do. I'm a big fan of Top Gear as well.

I'm 1/4 British...so I grew up with all the BBC comedies. hehe Now it's about all that's recommended in my Netflix top 10.

Maximus
12-06-2011, 04:57 PM
This commercial isn't being aired on the View, it's perfect for its audience

Steppenwolf6
12-06-2011, 04:57 PM
The Guardian is a British newspaper.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-XvxiU7W_bBQ/ThW-SQOPxjI/AAAAAAAAA9U/4FQmL4rnPAM/s1600/snob2.jpg

..which just so happens to apply perfectly to some Ron Paul fans ,does'nt it?

A phenomenon compounded by the factor:
"We were here BEFORE them !
AND we know everything about Von Mises ,Rothbard ,Hayek...how DARE this new people now come on board without knowing all that ,just because they like Ron Paul and understand that there is something wrong with big government fucking everything up,or they only understand that there is something wrong with the way media treats him,they just vaguely understand he is dangerous to THEM and that's not enough,they should be perfectly refined economists and costitutionalists.."

With THAT funny,unrealistic trip they could not win a "best groomed DOG " tournament..forget democratic elections.

TOTAL SHI TZU ATTITUDE.

helmuth_hubener
12-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Shake It Up, Dr. Paul!

Kords21
12-06-2011, 04:59 PM
It'd be hilarious if Ford truck sales went up after this ad starts being aired. With the customers saying a Ron Paul ad compelled them to buy a truck, new supporters and an economic stimulus.

Steppenwolf6
12-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Buy american..

loveshiscountry
12-06-2011, 05:18 PM
great show

ShaneEnochs
12-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Here's the thing, though: it has people talking.

On top of that, this ad wasn't mean for seniors. Its demographic lies somewhere between 18 and 45 year old men. It works perfectly for that demographic.

Steppenwolf6
12-06-2011, 05:26 PM
You know what?
It's not even true that it's only for "young males sport crowd" at all.

Older people like it.
Attention:
WOMEN like it!

This stereotype of "only the young males needing simplier message"it's another of those funny ,common,cultural ,enormous,general lies.

Actually..women ,in the great majority,they are the ones needing a stronger,simpler message the most, apparently:
The great,overwhelming majority of people that are informed and are followers on Austrian economics,over 90% are males,just like the overwhelming majority of people informed in ANY economic study at all!

Males get much more detailed,precise information over the actual issues before an election than females,a study published by Ann Coulter and others proves.

80% of older( since 2007 ) Ron Paul followers are males.

WOMEN,in great majority ( and many men,of course)need a stronger,simplier message like this,and anywhere i look and read THEY(the women)are the ones who like it the most!

JoshS
The ad isn't for us, guys. We aren't normal voters. Normal voters don't stay up late and watch reruns of Ron Paul owning Ben Bernanke on C-Span 3.

lold hard

LeJimster

Hey wait a second.. I'm British and I personally love the commercial. Thanks for tarring us with all the same brush.

And yes Top Gear is good, but we have produced quite a few hit shows etc that Americans have copied. Who Wants to be a Millionaire? The Weakest Link? The Office? Life on Mars? We also export Doctor Who which is loved around the world. -_-

If it weren't for us Brits you might not even have a friggin' TV. John Logie Baird!

Watch yourself, blowback is a bitch ;-)

sailingaway
12-06-2011, 05:29 PM
A recent Iowa poll showed Paul at 18%, pulling into second place ahead of Romney and behind only Newt Gingrich. That is significant. Iowa is not natural Paul territory (dominated as it is by social conservatives, not fiscal ones), but if he could come second and head to New Hampshire with the wind at his back, his campaign could get a real boost into the big time.

A second possibility is that Paul could take advantage of any Gingrich slip and, let's face it, a Newt slip is every bit as likely as the sun continuing to rise. If (when?) that happens, and the Newt bubble bursts, those disenchanted followers could have one more conservative fling with Paul before closing their eyes, thinking of Grover Norquist and marrying Mitt Romney.

Nah. Once you go Paul, you don't go back....

jmdrake
12-06-2011, 05:31 PM
LOL. They're back to calling us terrorists. I love it! From the stupid article.

Obviously, Paul and his team are not advocating destroying federal buildings. They are illustrating his policy of scrapping government departments. But blowing up federal buildings is, literally, one of the most common fantasies of the paranoid far right in America. They are the same people who – thanks to the Republican party – have been treated to three years of calling Barack Obama a dangerous communist who wants to use the federal government to destroy the American way of life.

Nor, after the Oklahoma City bombing, can such delusional ideas be taken as mere fantasy. It seems a shockingly irresponsible thing for the Paul team to do – even in the form of a graphic on a campaign ad. And, remember, this is no viral video. This is on TV. What were they thinking?

Oh, and how about the fact that this snooty Brit trying to comment on U.S. elections and basically calling U.S. conservatives dumb bar hoppers mistook the word "career" for "careen"? When is the last time you saw a truck "career" down the highway?

Back to the madness: "That's how Ron Paul rolls," the ad claims as a gigantic truck emblazoned with his name careers down a highway blaring its horns. Finally, a giant hand reaches in and writes a tick next to Ron Paul's name. "Ron Paul. Do it," the ad concludes.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they attack you, then you win. And this ain't the flash in the pan Charlie Sheen "winning".

thomas-in-ky
12-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Hey wait a second.. I'm British and I personally love the commercial. Thanks for tarring us with all the same brush.

And yes Top Gear is good, but we have produced quite a few hit shows etc that Americans have copied. Who Wants to be a Millionaire? The Weakest Link? The Office? Life on Mars? We also export Doctor Who which is loved around the world. -_-

If it weren't for us Brits you might not even have a friggin' TV. John Logie Baird!

Watch yourself, blowback is a bitch ;-)

Don't forget scrapheap challenge, aka junk yard wars. ;)
Cathy Rogers, ftw!

bluesc
12-06-2011, 05:35 PM

Obviously, Paul and his team are not advocating destroying federal buildings. They are illustrating his policy of scrapping government departments. But blowing up federal buildings is, literally, one of the most common fantasies of the paranoid far right in America. They are the same people who – thanks to the Republican party – have been treated to three years of calling Barack Obama a dangerous communist who wants to use the federal government to destroy the American way of life.

Nor, after the Oklahoma City bombing, can such delusional ideas be taken as mere fantasy. It seems a shockingly irresponsible thing for the Paul team to do – even in the form of a graphic on a campaign ad. And, remember, this is no viral video. This is on TV. What were they thinking?

What they, and many others don't realize is that those buildings are "poof" disappearing -- as in a magic trick. It was pretty damn obvious to me.

Steppenwolf6
12-06-2011, 05:39 PM

Oh, and how about the fact that this snooty Brit trying to comment on U.S. elections and basically calling U.S. conservatives dumb bar hoppers mistook the word "career" for "careen"? When is the last time you saw a truck "career" down the highway?

Back to the madness: "That's how Ron Paul rolls," the ad claims as a gigantic truck emblazoned with his name careers down a highway blaring its horns. Finally, a giant hand reaches in and writes a tick next to Ron Paul's name. "Ron Paul. Do it," the ad concludes.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they attack you, then you win. And this ain't the flash in the pan Charlie Sheen "winning".
Love it.
For the next ad I seriously want to see ONLY things blowing up.
Cut down on the talking.

Kluge
12-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Why can Ron Paul blow up federal departments, but we couldn't have a Nov. 5th moneybomb?

LeJimster
12-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Don't forget scrapheap challenge, aka junk yard wars. ;)
Cathy Rogers, ftw!

Haha, that's quite an obscure program on a less watched channel over here that I always enjoy watching whenever it's on.

Steppenwolf6
12-06-2011, 05:42 PM
You know what?
It's not even true that it's only for "young males sport crowd" at all!

Older people like it.
WOMEN like it.
This stereotype of "only the young males needing simplier message"it's another of those funny ,common,cultural enormous lies.

Actually..women in the great majority they are the ones that need a simpler message the most apparently:

The great,overwheiming majority of people that are informed followers of Austrian economics,over 90%, are males,just like the overwhelming majority of people informed in ANY economic study at all!

Males get much more detailed,precise information over the actual issues before an election than females,a study published by Ann Coulter and others seems to prove.

80% of older( since 2007 ) Ron Paul followers are males.

WOMEN,in great majority ( and many men,of course)need a stronger,simplier message like this,and anywhere i look and read THEY(the women)are the ones who like it the most!

joshnorris14
12-06-2011, 05:42 PM
We should pitch a chip-in for Michael Bay to produce the next Ron Paul ad.

Anyone have $10 million?

LeJimster
12-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Why can Ron Paul blow up federal departments, but we couldn't have a Nov. 5th moneybomb?

Because they aren't blowing up!

If you look carefully at the Ad the effect isn't an explosion with smoke effect. It's a magicians "poof" it's gone smoke effect =) - There is no fire.

Kluge
12-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Because they aren't blowing up!

If you look carefully at the Ad the effect isn't an explosion with smoke effect. It's a magicians "poof" it's gone smoke effect =) - There is no fire.
No way that was supposed to be the implication. The sound effect wasn't a wimpy "poof." It was an explosion.

LeJimster
12-06-2011, 05:53 PM
No way that was supposed to be the implication. The sound effect wasn't a wimpy "poof." It was an explosion.

Take another look at the Ad. There are stage props in it. "Show time" The lights, the animals, the cloak that covers the budget crisis? And the smoke sound doesn't sound like an explosion at all to me. Sounds like a poof (maybe thats the wrong word for it) from a small smoke bomb :P

Kluge
12-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Take another look at the Ad. There are stage props in it. "Show time" The lights, the animals, the cloak that covers the budget crisis? And the smoke sound doesn't sound like an explosion at all to me. Sounds like a poof (maybe thats the wrong word for it) from a small smoke bomb :P
I re-watched it before posting -- but alright, it was a "small smoke bomb" they detonated in the departments and when the smoke cleared, Ron Paul, who's supposed to be a magician, also created the illusion of the departments vanishing.

JohnGalt1225
12-06-2011, 06:02 PM
You realize we live in America right? Americans are going to tune out any ad that starts to get educational. They'll eat up this Ford Super Duty-esque commercial though. Big trucks, big dogs, and explosions, that will get the truck driving six packin' American male's attention. I mean for crying out loud we're talking about a country where Herman freaking Cain once lead the GOP race! 999, "bold solutions," etc that's what sells.

I'm not endorsing this mentality but we need votes and millions of Americans think like this.

LeJimster
12-06-2011, 06:04 PM
I re-watched it before posting -- but alright, it was a "small smoke bomb" they detonated in the departments and when the smoke cleared, Ron Paul, who's supposed to be a magician, also created the illusion of the departments vanishing.

Lol k.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PajqY0VgYiU&t=2m8s

I was trying to relate it to this effect =). Seen @ 2:12 just keep watching. Which was one of the few cool things about "The Cape". ;-)

FreeTraveler
12-06-2011, 06:05 PM
I can't believe how many people have never been to a sports party of some sort with friends. A ball game or a Nascar race. This ad will kill in that environment. It'll be the talk around the poker table later, too. This ad is pure winning.

happyphilter
12-06-2011, 06:27 PM
I can't believe how many people have never been to a sports party of some sort with friends. A ball game or a Nascar race. This ad will kill in that environment. It'll be the talk around the poker table later, too. This ad is pure winning.
Exactly. They did a great job picking an audience and making an ad to appeal to them. If this ad came up while I'm watching a game with some buddies , I KNOW it would get people talking.

PauliticsPolitics
12-06-2011, 06:30 PM

This^

The commercial is irrelevant to me.
But it will appeal to someone else.

This is good because I am already voting for Paul, but someone else needs convincing.

matt0611
12-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Exactly. They did a great job picking an audience and making an ad to appeal to them. If this ad came up while I'm watching a game with some buddies , I KNOW it would get people talking.

Yeah, usually political ads are quite boring and don't illicit much discussion, but this ad just BEGS to be discussed in that kind of environment.

Steppenwolf6
12-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Women's reaction:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASxtcPSVs3A
" the only presidentail ad that's not boring!"

I have already seen this reaction by the dozen with women:
Contrary to stereotypes and fixed ideas on the gender subject,they like this ad more than men.
Fact:
Men,by the majority, react better to specifics and economic details than women.

acptulsa
12-06-2011, 06:56 PM

Yeah, but you know, since the Senate passed indefinite detentions, a lot of people are running scared. A lot. And they're American citizens. And we aren't the ones scaring them. They're scared as much as anything by the prospect that more regulations will end their private sector jobs, if they haven't already...

Contrary to stereotypes and fixed ideas on the gender subject,they like this ad more than men.

As a universal, blanket statement, I don't believe you. I do believe, however, that there are as many women who like it as men. Easily.

Todd
12-06-2011, 07:05 PM
I'm not keen on the ad, either, but at least the Guardian is writing about it.

I have a colleague whos a Romney supporter. He is bordering on being neocon and a huge sports fanatic. He also votes

I showed him the ad today

His words

"That was Kickass!"

This ad needs to be run every chance they can get on sports tv.

Revolution9
12-06-2011, 08:24 PM

Plus, in the industry when we blow shit up in a 3D app we fracture the geometry and send it flying according to the laws of physics and plugins are designed so the sum of the fractured part retains the original geometry's volume. This was a poof.

Rev9

Muwahid
12-06-2011, 08:34 PM
This ad is good. It raises eyebrows, people think to much "I don't like it", but it's not aimed at you it's aimed at other people. IT gets the message across in a different way, I thought the ad was badass when I first saw it, came here and saw everyone hating on it. Relax, gotta change it up sometimes.

rideurlightning
12-06-2011, 08:46 PM

The ad is absolutely PERFECT for the directed audience. I can't remember what the college team name is at the moment, but the truck at the end is an allusion to one of Iowa's football teams (lol obviously not a big sports fan). I think it's fantastic.

Haha I just realized how pathetic I am because I do EXACTLY THAT lol.

LibertyEagle
12-07-2011, 01:36 AM
Here's the thing, though: it has people talking.

On top of that, this ad wasn't mean for seniors. Its demographic lies somewhere between 18 and 45 year old men. It works perfectly for that demographic.

ROFL. You are so wrong. This ad majorly appeals to baby boomers. I know. I am one.

CUnknown
12-07-2011, 02:01 AM
It is the best ad this political season, period. Pure genius.

Revolution9
12-07-2011, 06:51 AM
It is the best ad this political season, period. Pure genius.

I have watched it over 30 times. I like the barking big dog, and the bureaucrat being crumpled, that's Trillion with a T..heck..I love the whole schtick. Awesome ad. Very punch your elbow and strut around the living room cool, going "Oh Frakkin' Yeah!".

BTW..I am 54.

Rev9

limequat
12-07-2011, 08:25 AM
Haha I just realized how pathetic I am because I do EXACTLY THAT lol.

Lol, it's funny cause it's true. I was doing just that last night, and I am now bleary eyed.

JohnGalt23g
12-07-2011, 08:28 AM
That's the way Ron Paul rolls.

low preference guy
12-10-2011, 01:28 PM
is this an appeal to women who love alpha males?

bluesc
12-10-2011, 01:31 PM
is this an appeal to women who love alpha males?

Since the feedback on this forum from females was extremely positive, it clearly appeals to them (inb4 omg ur targeting females sexist). They are usually negative about one thing or another, but they love it. So how many females watch ESPN and the History Channel :rolleyes:?