PDA

View Full Version : Explanation please?

Carole
12-06-2011, 02:54 PM
These are negative amounts decreasing. Does this mean we have a (whisper) debt?
It has gone down over the past hour or two.

Raised Today: $-1,201,680
Earlier this afternoon
http://paul.depositwiz.com/

Raised Today: $-1,195,733
12/6/2011 3:51 PM
http://paul.depositwiz.com/

Anyone?

bluesc
12-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Probably because the stats reset when they reset the data for the new ticker. Probably just a glitch. It doesn't mean their finances are in the negative (it only tracks money raised).

LibertyEsq
12-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Probably because the stats reset when they reset the data for the new ticker. Probably just a glitch. It doesn't mean their finances are in the negative (it only tracks money raised).

Yea it would have no way of tracking money spent. Don't worry, it's not debt

sailingaway
It only tracks money raised that is INPUT. Sometimes they add stuff in lumps after fundraisers. We have no idea what it means, is the short of it, but if it were a debt, all the more reason to donate.

Ron had money in his congressional account, but we don't want to use that, because he will need it to donate to other candidates in 2012. Money in his own campaign account, no matter how much he raises, can't be used until he ends his campaign, one way or another.

Oddone
Uh... Paul.depositwiz.com does that everytime. it has to do with it being reset fromt he campaigns end. Oi... The campaign site shows we have raised over 500k now.

www.Ronpaul2012.com

KCIndy
12-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Only other thing I can think of is that it represents money being refunded to those who may have over-donated in some way or form.

PauliticsPolitics
12-06-2011, 03:00 PM
RP2012 reset the counter & and changed the data stream when they put the new ticker up.
Whatever method paul.depositwiz uses to mine data got messed up at this point.

paul.deposit wiz can be super useful, but is not anything official.

PastaRocket848
12-06-2011, 03:00 PM
yeah probably refunds. i wouldn't worry.

Oddone
12-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Only other thing I can think of is that it represents money being refunded to those who may have over-donated in some way or form.

It is not refunds. Where do people get this stuff? The website www.Paul.depositwiz.com tracks the data sent to it. Every Money Bomb the Campaign resets the ticker information. Now what happens is the ticker stops sending that 1,700,000 number it was sitting at before the reset. Instead it starts sending the new amounts being donated. Example 20,000 or 100,000. Now when the paul.depositwiz.com website updates it will not see the 1,700,000 that was being sent to it, so it will show -1,700,000. This is something the person running the website has to change on his end to show the correct amount.

PastaRocket848
12-06-2011, 03:25 PM
reading the JSON i saw that it was reporting the total, goal, individual contributions (the feed i saw only had the last few), and maybe a couple other little bits.

so what you're saying is that every so often the total drops out of the feed? or that the reported total is not updating as the new individual contributions come in after that call?

harikaried
12-06-2011, 03:29 PM
The way the site calculates "raised today" is <current total raised amount> - <yesterday's total raised amount>.

Yesterday's total raised amount was $1,731,891. The current raised amount is $544,961.

$544,961 - $1,731,891 = $-1,186,930

The site should probably instead calculate the differences between each measurement and sum up the changes and toss out the negatives when it detects the campaign has reset the counter.

Oddone
12-06-2011, 03:32 PM
reading the JSON i saw that it was reporting the total, goal, individual contributions (the feed i saw only had the last few), and maybe a couple other little bits.

so what you're saying is that every so often the total drops out of the feed? or that the reported total is not updating as the new individual contributions come in after that call?

Not sure what you mean. The question by the OP was why www.Paul.depositwiz.com was showing negative 1.2million. The ticker is updating fine. The problem comes in when the information is not reset on the www.paul.depositwiz.com side, but it is reset on the campaign side. So now the paul.depositwiz.com is receieving different information than it was before the campaign reset their ticker information.