PDA

View Full Version : Woman Denied Food Stamps -- Kills Self, Shoots Children

AuH20
12-06-2011, 01:45 PM
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/woman-denied-food-stamps-kills-self-shoots-children-181629410.html

The 38-year-old woman entered the Texas Health and Human Services Commission office in downtown Laredo on Monday afternoon and demanded to speak to a supervisor, said investigator Joe Baeza of the Laredo Police Department.

The woman, whom he declined to identify, pulled out a handgun and started walking through the office, threatening several employees, he said.

"She had issues and felt that she had been let down by social services in general," Baeza told Reuters on Tuesday. "She was making all sorts of outlandish claims."

She took an office supervisor hostage in a room in the office, he said, and a SWAT team managed to evacuate the other three dozen people in the office and clear the area.

After two hours of negotiations, the woman allowed the male supervisor to go free, but she remained in the office with her two children, a 10-year-old boy and a 12-year-old girl.

jkr
12-06-2011, 03:03 PM
such a sad waste...

there is your "general welfare" clause in action.
this is its ultimate destination.

eduardo89
12-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Welfare doesn't create a class of dependent parasites, right?

AuH20
12-06-2011, 03:12 PM
It's scary to think that if the government crashes, you could theoretically be fighting these wards of the state in hand-to-hand combat. So based on the numbers, that's about a quarter of the population or 75 million irrational, self-entitled monsters the good ole government created.

Brian4Liberty
12-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Obviously she was mentally ill.

But this does highlight the essential reasoning being used by some people in this situation: their children are born specifically to be hostages. Some of these people have children specifically because they know they can be used as leverage (hostage) to receive money and benefits from whom ever they can con. Family, charity, government, etc...

ravedown
12-06-2011, 03:35 PM
this person was insane-that's all...end of story. to imply there is a political angle here is pathetic.

ronpaul12
12-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Are people that lazy? What happened to true work ethic?

NewRightLibertarian
12-06-2011, 03:40 PM

The government ruined it in order to make dependent slaves of the population.

specialK
12-06-2011, 03:41 PM

Get real. A person that ill is not capable of maintaining a job.

Akus
12-06-2011, 03:48 PM
I disagree. She actually applied a free market solution. She recognized that she and her children will be a burden to those of us with sources of income and solved the problem in the most efficient way. If anything she killed two birds with one stone, because some funeral home somewhere has three extra tasks assigned to them....

lol just trolling it's sad

Rothbardian Girl
12-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Disgusting. Meanwhile the gravy train keeps rolling for the political class. Austerity is a "Do as I say, not do as I do" doctrine.

jmdrake
12-06-2011, 04:10 PM
The comments at Yahoo are scary. All this "poor mother really needed assistance and didn't get it" crap. How about "poor mother really needed to be in a mental institution and poor children needed a real parent"? Glad the kids are still alive and praying they make a full recovery. Wishing that people bent on doing "murder suicide" would remember to first finish the "suicide" part. And where was the dad that left his kids with this basket case?

Jandrsn21
12-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Poor kids! :(

AFPVet
12-06-2011, 04:34 PM
My analysis is that this person was most likely using SSRI's and—like the many who are on food stamps, medicaid...—was in the never ending welfare circle. They try to keep you in the system by paying you more not to find a job... and cutting your benefits when you do find a small time job just trying to make it. Yes, this person was ill; however, she may not have always been that way. I blame the pharmaceutical industry, the welfare system, and poor choices on behalf of the individual.

fisharmor
12-06-2011, 04:40 PM
After two hours of negotiations, the woman allowed the male supervisor to go free, but she remained in the office with her two children, a 10-year-old boy and a 12-year-old girl.
"They go into this profession because they really want to help people, so when something like this happens, it's doubly traumatic for them," she said.

Oh, yeah... that supervisor was real interested in helping people.
So interested that when given the opportunity, he left a crazy armed woman in a room alone with children.
I'm sure he was doubly traumatized. First, there's the trauma of not being able to go home on time, and second, there's the trauma of having to get a crew to clean up all the blood.

Fucking parasite.

UtahApocalypse
12-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Amazung she was able to shoot her 2 kifs after killing herself.

PreDeadMan
12-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Amazung she was able to shoot her 2 kifs after killing herself.

lol good catch maybe she turned into a zombie...
https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNKXD7sj5EAOqvxrxgckoKHQJc9Nouj PH4WAfkI_u9d1FFUbSmEA

Rothbardian Girl
12-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Oh, yeah... that supervisor was real interested in helping people.
So interested that when given the opportunity, he left a crazy armed woman in a room alone with children.
I'm sure he was doubly traumatized. First, there's the trauma of not being able to go home on time, and second, there's the trauma of having to get a crew to clean up all the blood.

Fucking parasite.
Supervisors are often scarier than the people on welfare. C.S. Lewis summed it up best:

I live in the Managerial Age, in a world of "Admin." The greatest evil is not now done in those sordid "dens of crime" that Dickens loved to paint. It is not done even in concentration camps and labour camps. In those we see its final result. But it is conceived and ordered (moved, seconded, carried, and minuted) in clean, carpeted, warmed and well-lighted offices, by quiet men with white collars and cut fingernails and smooth-shaven cheeks who do not need to raise their voices. Hence, naturally enough, my symbol for Hell is something like the bureaucracy of a police state or the office of a thoroughly nasty business concern.

Southron
12-06-2011, 05:27 PM
I read study today that said 1 in 4 women are on anti-depressants. It's just speculation but it makes me wonder if she was on them.

Rael
12-06-2011, 09:38 PM
It's scary to think that if the government crashes, you could theoretically be fighting these wards of the state in hand-to-hand combat. So based on the numbers, that's about a quarter of the population or 75 million irrational, self-entitled monsters the good ole government created.

That's what flamethrowers are for.

AuH20
12-06-2011, 09:41 PM

And they're still legal I believe. Go figure.

heavenlyboy34
12-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Flamethrowers don't have much of a range(usually 5-7 feet). I'd suggest a minigun instead.

Sentient Void
12-06-2011, 10:04 PM
See?!?!? FOOD STAMPS ARE AN IMPERATIVE!

Pauls' Revere
12-06-2011, 10:51 PM

If there's an upside to this sad story it's that they wont know where or how to find thier next meal and Darwin takes over.

CaptainAmerica
12-06-2011, 10:52 PM
What the fuck is up with that woman killing her kids.

heavenlyboy34
12-06-2011, 10:54 PM
See?!?!? FOOD STAMPS ARE AN IMPERATIVE!
As are plasma TVs and cable. ;)

Carehn
12-07-2011, 12:12 AM
So.... Did she off herself then? I don't see what the problem is.

Sounds like she finally found a way to contribute. LOL.

I'm so sick of people living off of me I feel I may have lost my humanity.

jtstellar
12-07-2011, 12:50 AM
the part that most ticked me off was where it mentioned social workers applied for the job because they are all pure and want to help people.. ya.. out of a million reasons in life where you spend 8 hours a day 5 days a week in an office, every second of it thinking about helping people, none of it related to not able to find a job elsewhere, none of it has to do with public employee higher job security, or because it's simply close to your house, because you were recommended, know people there, etcetera etcetera, no, it's just because you want to help people. only federal employees get to blow their horn like this, rofl.

Anti Federalist
12-07-2011, 02:17 AM
Supervisors are often scarier than the people on welfare. C.S. Lewis summed it up best:

I live in the Managerial Age, in a world of "Admin." The greatest evil is not now done in those sordid "dens of crime" that Dickens loved to paint. It is not done even in concentration camps and labour camps. In those we see its final result. But it is conceived and ordered (moved, seconded, carried, and minuted) in clean, carpeted, warmed and well-lighted offices, by quiet men with white collars and cut fingernails and smooth-shaven cheeks who do not need to raise their voices. Hence, naturally enough, my symbol for Hell is something like the bureaucracy of a police state or the office of a thoroughly nasty business concern.

Epic +rep

nobody's_hero
12-07-2011, 05:14 AM
Oh, it's bad people. The entitlement mentality is growing by leaps and bounds. Here's a case from Florida, I wonder if this lady will be the next to snap . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVgYJ_8MZKs