PDA

View Full Version : limbaugh just said paul will win iowa!!!!

Danjlion7
12-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Rush just said it on his show!

FSP-Rebel
12-06-2011, 12:36 PM
I hope that didn't cause any traffic accidents.

tsetsefly
audio!

matt0611
Yeah I heard he say "he wouldn't be surprised" if he won.

Did he seem to like the idea of that happening or no?

gb13
12-06-2011, 12:38 PM
Wow. That -combined with his praising of Ron's economic plan- is more positive coverage than he's given us since.....pretty much ever.

wgadget
12-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Don't worry, he is now DISSING RON PAUL as a Libertarian fool.

trey4sports
he's definitely not sold on Ron. In fact, he'll probably go with Newt over Ron, but at least he's not attacking Ron.

freeforall
Heard it! Of course it won't mean anything. He has been trashing Paul since he came back from break.

rprprs
"Will win" and "Wouldn't be surprised if he won" are quite different. Which was it?

trey4sports
Heard it! Of course it won't mean anything. He has been trashing Paul since he came back from break.

i stand corrected.

bluesc
"Wouldn't be surprised" = "Easily dismissed"

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-06-2011, 12:42 PM
For people who dislike the gatekeepers so much you guys seem to hang on their every word. Seriously, who the fuck cares what Rush Limbaugh says or thinks. You guys have some severe Stockholm Syndrome going on. NO ESTABLISHMENT GATEKEEPER IS GOING TO COME AROUND TO RON PAUL. Geeze, this is pathetic to see all these threads on here about this crap.

wgadget
12-06-2011, 12:43 PM
He has UNWANTED influence. But influence nonetheless.

He is currently DISSING PAUL, not propping him.

trey4sports
12-06-2011, 12:44 PM
For people who dislike the gatekeepers so much you guys seem to hang on their every word. Seriously, who the fuck cares what Rush Limbaugh says or thinks. You guys have some severe Stockholm Syndrome going on. NO ESTABLISHMENT GATEKEEPER IS GOING TO COME AROUND TO RON PAUL. Geeze, this is pathetic to see all these threads on here about this crap.

he has influence though.

Karsten
12-06-2011, 12:45 PM
I hope that didn't cause any traffic accidents.
Damnit I just ran into a tree. Maybe it was what Rush said or maybe it was driving while being on RPF.

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-06-2011, 12:48 PM
he has influence though.

Who cares? I am getting sick of the drool, naivety, and complete ignorance of many people around here who post every single thing any of the Gatekeepers say that is remotely spun as 'positive' to Paul and then attempt to portray that as some epiphany with these guys. No, no no. They will never support Paul or liberty, never have, never will. They are our adversary, not our friends. I say again, who the hell cares what these guys thinks, or says. It is our job to bypass their propaganda and go directly to the people. Stop trying to rely on the gatekeepers to not do their jobs. Its never going to happen. We have to rely on ourselves to get the message out, period. Seriously can't believe people around here believing any media gatekeepers will ever come around to Ron Paul and liberty. If they do they won't have a job for long. Just ask Jerry Doyle how that went.

Danjlion7
12-06-2011, 01:12 PM
He said he wouldn't be surprised if Paul wins in iowa.

He then came back after the break and said paul had nothing to di with tea party and blames usa fir 911 attacks. But still...

rprprs
12-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Who cares? I am getting sick of the drool, naivety, and complete ignorance of many people around here who post every single thing any of the Gatekeepers say that is remotely spun as 'positive' to Paul and then attempt to portray that as some epiphany with these guys. No, no no. They will never support Paul or liberty, never have, never will. They are our adversary, not our friends. I say again, who the hell cares what these guys thinks, or says. It is our job to bypass their propaganda and go directly to the people. Stop trying to rely on the gatekeepers to not do their jobs. Its never going to happen. We have to rely on ourselves to get the message out, period. Seriously can't believe people around here believing any media gatekeepers will ever come around to Ron Paul and liberty. If they do they won't have a job for long. Just ask Jerry Doyle how that went.

I agree. They will NEVER come around.
I have been guilty of posting some of their comments, but in almost all cases it has been their negative comments.
I have done so largely to PROVE your point and, admittedly, to vent my own frustrations.
I hope I can be forgiven those small transgressions.

Student Of Paulism
12-06-2011, 01:34 PM

^this
QFT
+1

I've stated many times that all the 'gatekeepers' know the truth. They aren't stupid. They know what Ron Paul speaks is what the country needs, but as Disciple said, they have jobs and a brand to promote. If they go against the grain, they are out on their ass. Pretty much anything 'good' they say, is for credibility only and to show how 'fair', 'balanced' and 'objective' they are.

Travlyr
12-06-2011, 01:37 PM
The Phone From Home Program is working.

Ron Paul said that in the Phone From Home video, "we can get around the establishment with it." And we are.

It is nice to have the smart guy on our side. :D

It is how we win. :)

amonasro
12-06-2011, 01:40 PM
At least it gets his name out there. People will listen to Rush and say, "Who?" and hopefully find out that he's actually an amazing conservative. That's when the blinders start to fall off.

SpiritOf1776_J4
12-06-2011, 01:41 PM
The backpeddling is beginning a little sooner than I would like, but ok.

affa
12-06-2011, 01:41 PM
never, under any circumstances, trust the mainstream corporate media. they are not our friends. they will never be our friends. they are owned by, and run by, those who prefer tyranny over liberty. if they seem to be on our side one day, I remind you, I implore you, don't for a second turn your back on them -- because you should never, ever, under any circumstances trust the mainstream corporate media.

this is not paranoia speaking. anyone can research the deep ownership of our media by the military industrial complex. if you choose not to do this basic research, you may be surprised by the knife in your back, but I sure won't be.

Cap
12-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Limbaugh will reget this rant today. The sheep are waking up.

Agorism
12-06-2011, 03:03 PM
Did he mention Paul and the ad by name? He probably wanted to talk about it but he didn't want people youtubing the ad

heavenlyboy34
12-06-2011, 03:14 PM
never, under any circumstances, trust the mainstream corporate media. they are not our friends. they will never be our friends. they are owned by, and run by, those who prefer tyranny over liberty. if they seem to be on our side one day, I remind you, I implore you, don't for a second turn your back on them -- because you should never, ever, under any circumstances trust the mainstream corporate media.

this is not paranoia speaking. anyone can research the deep ownership of our media by the military industrial complex. if you chose not to do this basic research, you may be surprised by the knife in your back, but I sure won't be.
This^^ They will stab you in the back for a few bits of silver or some other favor.

Tax the Fed
12-06-2011, 03:18 PM
RP will win Iowa - several of the 99 counties this election cycle - better than the one county (Jefferson County,IA) in 2008,
whether Rush Limpbrains says so or not, or disses him or not.

And then NH too !

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/RonPaul001.jpg

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/fpfronpaul.jpg

Iowa City March 24,2010 after NObamaCare passage
(btw by arm-twisting of Dennis "The Menace"Kucinich and the others)

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/iowacityobamacare12.jpg

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/iowacityobamacare14.jpg

thehungarian
12-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Rush will vote for Obama over Ron Paul.

ord33
12-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Basically, a caller from Amanda, Ohio called in and disagreed with Limbaugh's previous segment where Limbaugh was saying that anybody could beat Obama (not just Romney) and Rush named every candidate except Paul and Huntsman. The caller said that the Tea Party support is based on honesty (or something like that) and following the constitution. The caller then said only three people adhere to that - Paul, Bachmann, and Santorum and he was leaning Paul. Limbaugh then said something like Ron Paul doesn't have the support of the tea party. The caller replied well he is polling 2nd in Iowa (wish he also would have mentioned Paul started the recent Tea Party movement). That is when Rush said he wouldn't be surprised if Paul won in Iowa. Downplayed it, then left for commercial break saying something like "I have been shaken, but not stirred"? The caller definitely did as good of a job as he could. Rush didn't cut him off and actually didn't really immediately refute what the caller had said before the commercial break. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to hear after the commercial break where some people are saying Rush trashed him.

trey4sports
12-06-2011, 03:36 PM
At least it gets his name out there. People will listen to Rush and say, "Who?" and hopefully find out that he's actually an amazing conservative. That's when the blinders start to fall off.

At some point... this shit will start to backfire on Rush.

Tax the Fed
12-06-2011, 03:38 PM
. . . Limbaugh was saying that anybody could beat Obama (not just Romney) and Rush named every candidate except Paul and Huntsman.

Rush Limpbrains is dead arse wrong . . . O'Bachman would lose easily to Obama of course.

phill4paul
12-06-2011, 03:41 PM
At some point... this shit will start to backfire on Rush.

His ratings are down 30% in the last six months. My guess is that we haz pwnd his base.

jmdrake
12-06-2011, 04:46 PM
If they do they won't have a job for long. Just ask Jerry Doyle how that went.

What are you talking about? Jerry Doyle's show is still on the air.

As for the rest of your rant, any good news is good news regardless of where it comes from. I don't sweat it when a Limbaugh or Savage attacks Ron Paul, but if they say something good I'm sure as hell going to use it. Limbaugh's never going to endorse Ron Paul and if Ron Paul wins Iowa Limbaugh will probably pull out the stops to try to torpedo his campaign. In the meantime I can talk about how much Limbaugh loves Dr. Paul's economic plan to potential republican voters. I can talk about how Michael Savage agrees with some of the more controversial aspects of Ron Paul's foreign policy like the fact that the Iraq war was a mistake or that the president shouldn't be able to assassinate U.S citizens. I won't bring up that Savage is still warmongering about Iran and that Paul disagrees with him on that. These talking heads are for the most part useful idiots or intelligent water carriers. If we can at times make use of what they say or if they carry some of our water by accident, that fine and dandy.

jmdrake
12-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Basically, a caller from Amanda, Ohio called in and disagreed with Limbaugh's previous segment where Limbaugh was saying that anybody could beat Obama (not just Romney) and Rush named every candidate except Paul and Huntsman. The caller said that the Tea Party support is based on honesty (or something like that) and following the constitution. The caller then said only three people adhere to that - Paul, Bachmann, and Santorum and he was leaning Paul. Limbaugh then said something like Ron Paul doesn't have the support of the tea party. The caller replied well he is polling 2nd in Iowa (wish he also would have mentioned Paul started the recent Tea Party movement). That is when Rush said he wouldn't be surprised if Paul won in Iowa. Downplayed it, then left for commercial break saying something like "I have been shaken, but not stirred"? The caller definitely did as good of a job as he could. Rush didn't cut him off and actually didn't really immediately refute what the caller had said before the commercial break. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to hear after the commercial break where some people are saying Rush trashed him.

Smart caller! Good job on getting past the call screeners. (the serve) Good job on framing the debate (the set). Good job on bringing in Ron Paul and couching him with 2 other names that Rush couldn't trash and that Paul is out-polling (the spike). The caller could have added "Ron Paul clearly has more tea party support than Michelle Bachmann". Rush was forced to grudgingly admit that Ron Paul could win Iowa. This is how you win election folks. Don't grovel to the talking heads. Rather lead them into doing your bidding.

Tax the Fed
12-06-2011, 05:00 PM
. . . Rather lead them into doing your bidding.

haha - great

gerryb
12-06-2011, 05:37 PM

+1

I really don't understand it either.

tsetsefly
12-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Smart caller! Good job on getting past the call screeners. (the serve) Good job on framing the debate (the set). Good job on bringing in Ron Paul and couching him with 2 other names that Rush couldn't trash and that Paul is out-polling (the spike). The caller could have added "Ron Paul clearly has more tea party support than Michelle Bachmann". Rush was forced to grudgingly admit that Ron Paul could win Iowa. This is how you win election folks. Don't grovel to the talking heads. Rather lead them into doing your bidding.

Yes! No need to mention the federal reserve etc. Be smart on how you get ron paul's name out there.

EBounding
12-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Ugh, that caller didn't attack him at all, but anyway.

Is anyone else a 24/7 Member? If so, e-mail him. I sent the e-mail below from my 24/7 account:

Rush,

It pains me to say this, but you sound just like Bob Scheiffer and the rest of the drive-by media when you say Ron Paul blames America for 9/11. When the left blames America, they believe the greedy capitalist PEOPLE of America are exploiting other countries around the world and it's government's responsibility to stop the people. Ron Paul doesn't think that. He blames OUR GOVERNMENT for bad decisions, all across the board, including foreign policy.

He predicted that we would face terrorist attacks years before 9/11 because of the GOVERNMENT's policy of interfering with foreign nations, particularly in the middle east. The radical islamists don't have a sophisticated military though, so they retaliate with suicide terrorism. The CIA refers to this as "blowback", and it has little to do with who we are as Americans. But it has everything to do with how our government is putting us in more costly danger.

If China started occupying parts of Mexico or Russia set up a base in Cuba, what would we do? We would retaliate. So would a President Paul. He's said a number of times that if there was a threat of an imminent attack, he would go to Congress for a declaration of war, wage it, and win it quickly. What's more conservative than that?

Even if that's not Conservative, or even if that isn't the correct course to take, how will we defend ourselves anyway when we're bankrupt? Because that's the course we're headed and NONE of the other candidates are serious about it. Personally, this is why I had to support Paul even though I didn't agree with his foreign policy at first.

Rush, I'm not looking to change your mind about Paul. But I do think he deserves at least the same consideration as all the other candidates. I hope you'll take this into consideration.

Best regards,

ryanmkeisling
12-06-2011, 06:59 PM

I never understood this. It seems to be force of habit, or basic alexithymia...

+rep.

rambone
12-06-2011, 07:07 PM
Bump. I would love audio of this!!!