PDA

View Full Version : Trump's Adviser Still Sending Out Solicitations For Support For a Third Party Bid

Agorism
12-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Trump's Adviser Still Sending Out Solicitations For Support For a Third Party Bid

http://minx.cc/?post=324416

Lucille
12-06-2011, 12:02 PM
So we've got a guy who is pretty darn likely to actually be competing in the debate himself, and might just announce at the end that everyone failed, and so he could say to all of them: "You're all fired!", and announce his own bid.

LOL...

Ron did exactly the right thing. I don't think this "debate" will happen.

Tina
12-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Trump is a snake in the grass. I hope this hits the media in a big way.

Aratus
12-07-2011, 04:41 AM
the odds are very high that he runs third party

eduardo89
12-07-2011, 05:29 AM
the odds are very high that he runs third partyI wouldn't worry about that, I'm sure even the liberterian party would get more votes than he.

KEEF
12-07-2011, 05:48 AM
I'd be all up for him running third party. IMO I believe that Trump would split the Romney Gingrinch support. Couple that with Gingrinch's meeting and his confirmation that he will attend the Trump debate, makes the old Newt look more and more like an establishment pawn.

giovannile07
12-07-2011, 06:01 AM
I'd be all up for him running third party. IMO I believe that Trump would split the Romney Gingrinch support. Couple that with Gingrinch's meeting and his confirmation that he will attend the Trump debate, makes the old Newt look more and more like an establishment pawn.
The thing is running for third party has nothing to do with the Republican Presidential Primary. So, by him running third party and if Ron Paul gets the Republican nominee in the election, he could possibly deter possible voters away from the GOP Nominee, possibly those who vote for anyone who is Republican. It wouldn't make a difference if he splits the votes because people could still vote for Romney or Gingrich in the primaries, but if they don't get the nominee they can just lean toward Trump.

Edit: Correct me if I'm wrong by the way.

Revolution9
12-07-2011, 06:13 AM
Trump won't file Form 278 disclosing assets. He has all these closed loops between Delaware and Nevada corp filings to cover his serial fraud and theft via faked bankruptcies. He is pure bluster and fume.

Rev9

Revolution9
12-07-2011, 06:16 AM
The thing is running for third party has nothing to do with the Republican Presidential Primary. So, by him running third party and if Ron Paul gets the Republican nominee in the election, he could possibly deter possible voters away from the GOP Nominee, possibly those who vote for anyone who is Republican. It wouldn't make a difference if he splits the votes because people could still vote for Romney or Gingrich in the primaries, but if they don't get the nominee they can just lean toward Trump.

Edit: Correct me if I'm wrong by the way.

This is why your wrong. Trump will not disclose assets on basic Form 278. This precludes a run for POTUS, third party or not. For him to divulge his assets leaves him open to criminal fraud charges, embezzlement, civil suits and a whole lot of headaches he can hide with his current closed loop corporate structure. This needs to go viral so it will shut his piehole about a third party run. Transparency will kill this tribble crowned clown.

rev9

giovannile07
12-07-2011, 06:21 AM
This is why your wrong. Trump will not disclose assets on basic Form 278. This precludes a run for POTUS, third party or not. For him to divulge his assets leaves him open to criminal fraud charges, embezzlement, civil suits and a whole lot of headaches he can hide with his current closed loop corporate structure. This needs to go viral so it will shut his piehole about a third party run. Transparency will kill this tribble crowned clown.

rev9
Alright, thank you for clarifying that for me.

milo10
12-07-2011, 07:36 AM

rev9

Thanks, I didn't know that. So his whole thing about having disclosed all his assets and so forth was just a show? That doesn't surprise me.

EBounding
12-07-2011, 08:21 AM
This is like, bizarro world. Paul runs as a Republican and says he has no interest in running 3rd party, and the GOP establishment hates him.

Trump actively screws around by pretending to run and suggesting a 3rd party candidacy, and the GOP loves him.

:confused:

Revolution9
12-07-2011, 08:41 AM
Thanks, I didn't know that. So his whole thing about having disclosed all his assets and so forth was just a show? That doesn't surprise me.

Karl Rove statements will confirm that Trump will not file a Form 278 using a targeted google search.

HTH
Rev9

pauladin
12-07-2011, 08:42 AM
trump ain't gonna spend a billion dollars of his own money (what obama will have for reelection) in a losing bid in which the media tears him apart and meticulously looks over his hundreds of business deals. he would have to spend that much too because no one would donate to trump's campaign because he is so filthy rich. trump is doing the same thing he did earlier in the year. he is getting free publicity. he's harping the 3rd party thing now because he has a book coming out. that's it.

IDefendThePlatform
12-07-2011, 08:51 AM
They're still trying to advertise this farce of a debate on Omaha.com. Hilarious.
http://www.omaha.com/

E (http://www.omaha.com/)dit: Sorry, wrong thread.

milo10
12-07-2011, 12:31 PM
trump ain't gonna spend a billion dollars of his own money (what obama will have for reelection) in a losing bid in which the media tears him apart and meticulously looks over his hundreds of business deals. he would have to spend that much too because no one would donate to trump's campaign because he is so filthy rich. trump is doing the same thing he did earlier in the year. he is getting free publicity. he's harping the 3rd party thing now because he has a book coming out. that's it.

Another good argument. However, putting aside Revolution9's comments, I would expect Donald to run a very frugal campaign based on doing loads of interviews and publicity stunts to get him in the media.

phill4paul
05-12-2016, 05:18 PM
Another good argument. However, putting aside Revolution9's comments, I would expect Donald to run a very frugal campaign based on doing loads of interviews and publicity stunts to get him in the media.

^^^ Nostradamus. Right. Here.

acptulsa
05-12-2016, 05:35 PM
Trump won't file Form 278 disclosing assets. He has all these closed loops between Delaware and Nevada corp filings to cover his serial fraud and theft via faked bankruptcies. He is pure bluster and fume.

Rev9

Good theory. But he had a trick you didn't think of.

He bribed his way into an audit, sealing his records.

CPUd
05-12-2016, 05:40 PM
Rumors are that he's dodging on releasing his tax returns because he is only worth about $250M.