PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Policy: Evidence Request

ronpaulforchange
12-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Ron Paul claimed that there are more bases overseas while Obama is president than there were during the Bush time.

What source(s) can provide evidence for this? Is there a website that lists current military bases and also the ones that existed during the Bush time? If you had to write a paper for school and cite sources, which sources would you cite to back Ron Paul's claim?

robertwerden
12-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Do you have the reference speech from Ron so we can see when and in what context he was speaking ?

dskalkowski
12-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Ron Paul claimed that there are more bases overseas while Obama is president than there were during the Bush time.

What source(s) can provide evidence for this? Is there a website that lists current military bases and also the ones that existed during the Bush time? If you had to write a paper for school and cite sources, which sources would you cite to back Ron Paul's claim?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/ff/US_military_bases_in_the_world.svg

stephensmith
12-17-2011, 07:52 PM
I know that Obama just sent (or will soon send) troops to Australia -- I think for the first time. And I recall that a new (very small) base was fairly recently opened in Ecuador (though I think their current leftist president sent 'em packing). So, there are a few little things like that. But I don't know enough to say one way or another.