PDA

View Full Version : Cumberland County NC considering automatic euthanization of all "attack dog" breeds

devil21
12-06-2011, 06:17 AM
Comment, call, share, etc. This is unacceptable, especially considering their list of "attack dog" breeds is absurd.

http://www.ohmidog.com/2011/12/05/great-danes-and-other-attack-dogs-would-be-euthanized-under-cumberland-county-ban/

Apparently gunning down stray dogs on the streets wasn’t enough for the dog unfriendly officials of Cumberland County, North Carolina.

Now they want to slay, within 72 hours, every dog that comes into the shelter who is, or appears to be a mix of:

American Staffordshire terrier, Rottweiller, Akita, chow chow, Doberman pinscher, German shepherd, Great Dane, Presa Canario, Siberian husky or mastiff. There’s a convenient catch-all pit bull category as well.

They’re not doing it yet, despite what you may be reading on the misinformation highway.

But they’re talking about it.

more at link

Schifference
12-06-2011, 08:02 AM
What we need is more government regulations at the federal level to protect us from these types of vicious animals. Applications should be required and Permits should be mandated prior to being able to purchase any of these viscous breeds. Rules and regulations must be instituted and an agency must be set up to make periodic visits to all owners of these breeds. They must never be walked in public and all owners must have at least 1 acre of electrical fence with razor wire at the top. All neighbors within 10 square miles must be notified and unanimously agree to allow the breed in the neighborhood. All viscous breeds must be purchased from the U.S vicious breed department and owners will be required to pay a $5000 yearly fee for the right to own such a breed. Furthermore if the animal ever is spotted off the owners property the owner immediately relinquishes their right to said pet and must serve a mandatory minimum sentence of 12 years hard labor.

Acala
12-06-2011, 09:04 AM
Assault dogs should be banned! Only Golden Retrievers should be allowed. And their owners should be registered.

phill4paul
12-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Damnit people spay/neuter your pets! Sometimes I think it should be the humans that are adopted or euthanized (hell, probably spay/neutered as well).

Schifference
12-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Sometimes I think it should be the humans that are adopted or euthanized (hell, probably spay/neutered as well).
I agree wholeheartedly! There are many breeds of humans that are a danger to our society! Many of these people have the audacity to video our hard working public servants! I think there should be a federal committee formed to identify which human breeds are most likely to write bad checks, smoke pot, and offer themselves for prostitution. Any breed that falls into a high risk category should be restricted from freely having children. They too must apply for permission to conceive children. Offspring from those high risk groups must be closely monitored. Microchips must be implanted at birth to track these high risk individuals. Then all these high risk families must be relocated to Guantanamo where they can be properly processed. We must take action now!

bkreigh
12-06-2011, 07:14 PM
Damnit people spay/neuter your pets! Sometimes I think it should be the humans that are adopted or euthanized (hell, probably spay/neutered as well).

Why would i neuter my dog if he isnt going around fucking bitches? Look at him. ALL POTATOES!!!!!!!

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh153/bkreigh/MyPicture.jpg

pcosmar
12-06-2011, 08:08 PM

There are folks that have that in mind.
:(

pcosmar
12-06-2011, 08:16 PM
The county’s Animal Control Board is recommending that authorities limit the adoption of the above dog breeds, or, as one county official referred to them, ”attack animals.” (Clearly, they haven’t met many Great Danes.)

How do these [Derogatory Descriptor] get hired or elected into positions of power?