PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Bad: College Math Professor, 74, Accused of Running Meth Lab

Rael
12-05-2011, 11:26 PM
SOMERVILLE, Mass. – A 74-year-old math professor at two Boston universities is facing charges that she ran a methamphetamine lab with her son out of their home.

Irina Kristy, 74, teaches math at Boston University and Suffolk University, the Boston Globe reported Sunday. Suffolk University placed her on administrative leave last week after learning of the charges against her.

She is scheduled to be arraigned Dec. 21 on charges of "distribution of meth, conspiracy to violate the drug law, and drug violation in a school zone," Middlesex District Attorney's Office spokeswoman Cara O'Brien said.

Her 29-year-old son, Grigory Genkin, pleaded not guilty to the same charges on Nov. 14.

Investigators searching the home they share in Somerville, Mass. -- about four miles northwest of Boston -- on Nov. 7 found evidence that meth was being made in the home. "A large amount of materials believed to be hazardous" were removed from the site, Somerville police said in a statement.

Genkin turned himself in to police in November. He is scheduled to appear in court for a pretrial conference on Dec. 20, O'Brien said.

AlexG
12-05-2011, 11:37 PM
Why is this in General Politics? lol

btw I love Breaking Bad and this story is amazing

oyarde
12-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Hilarious , thank you , I needed the laugh !

fisharmor
12-06-2011, 11:54 AM
He turned himself in, then pled not guilty?
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
As usual, this looks like a stellar job of journalism - add enough info to make it sensational, and don't even bother crossing the T's.

ShaneEnochs
12-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Sorry for being dense, but if there's a joke in here somewhere, I'm not getting it. Can someone help me out?

SilentBull
12-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Sorry for being dense, but if there's a joke in here somewhere, I'm not getting it. Can someone help me out?

There's an awesome TV show called "Breaking Bad" about a high school teacher who runs a meth lab.

AlexG
12-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Some commenters made some good points, I'd rather get my meth from a college professor than the mexican drug cartels