PDA

View Full Version : Ben Swann agrees to a possible debate between Ron Paul, etc. on the same night as Trump's

cavalier973
12-05-2011, 08:38 PM
http://www.dailypaul.com/190783/ben-swann-willing-to-moderate-rival-debate-for-grown-ups

Romulus
12-05-2011, 08:49 PM
I like what's being said there... not in a "we'll have our own debate" way, but a non-debate "discussion".

Ashhhhh
12-06-2011, 12:49 PM
I don't think he should debate Huntsman or Johnson. Ron is in 3rd he needs to focus on Gingrich and Romney. Unfortunately Gingrich would destroy Paul in a 1 on 1 debate so lets just stick to the few group debates left

amy31416
12-06-2011, 12:53 PM
I don't think he should debate Huntsman or Johnson. Ron is in 3rd he needs to focus on Gingrich and Romney. Unfortunately Gingrich would destroy Paul in a 1 on 1 debate so lets just stick to the few group debates left

Really? What's your expertise in this field?

CaptUSA
12-06-2011, 12:56 PM
...Gingrich would destroy Paul in a 1 on 1 debate I disagree entirely. Gingy gets rattled easily when confronted. It hasn't happened much to date, but there have been glimmers of it. When it happens, he gets red-faced, angry, and really unlikeable.

Gingrich speaks with a superior tone. When his "superior" intellect is called into question, he unravels.

amy31416
12-06-2011, 12:59 PM
I disagree entirely. Gingy gets rattled easily when confronted. It hasn't happened much to date, but there have been glimmers of it. When it happens, he gets red-faced, angry, and really unlikeable.

Gingrich speaks with a superior tone. When his "superior" intellect is called into question, he unravels.

He's quite a bit like McCain, isn't he?

bluesc
12-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Unfortunately Gingrich would destroy Paul in a 1 on 1 debate so lets just stick to the few group debates left

Gingrich speaks a lot, but nothing comes out. Have a sit down discussion and Ron would destroy Newt, and embarrass him in the process.

ctiger2
12-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Unfortunately Gingrich would destroy Paul in a 1 on 1 debate so lets just stick to the few group debates left

BULLSHIT! Quit perpetuating this nonsense that Grich in brilliant and un-debatable.

It's a LIE. The only one thing Grinch excels at is LYING.

Jeremy
12-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Bad idea...

1) Ben Swann is biased towards Paul.
2) Ohio isn't an early state
3) I think he wasn't serious with that response

AlexG
12-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Bad idea...

1) Ben Swann is biased towards Paul.
2) Ohio isn't an early state
3) I think he wasn't serious with that response

I dont think this was a serious effort..atleast I hope it wasn't

Steve-in-NY
12-06-2011, 04:48 PM
OH has A LOT of delegates.

V3n
12-06-2011, 05:46 PM
OH has A LOT of delegates.

Ohio's primary is like in June. Only Utah has a later primary. :(

It's a swing state for the General, but in the primary it's probably going to be decided before Ohio comes around.

For the record - I'm for a long form interview with Paul (and the others) but I'm against a 'debate'.

matt0611
12-06-2011, 06:21 PM
I disagree entirely. Gingy gets rattled easily when confronted. It hasn't happened much to date, but there have been glimmers of it. When it happens, he gets red-faced, angry, and really unlikeable.

Remember when Romney confronted Gingrich on his support for the individual mandate with the heritage foundation?
That was some ownage.

Gingrich can be defeated in a debate if you know enough about his past.

zeloc
12-06-2011, 10:13 PM
I suggested an alternate debate or a speech by Ron Paul at the same time in the Suggestion Box forum, but it still has not been posted, maybe the mods have too many threads to sift through. Even a live speech broadcast on the Internet would be good if media attention could be garnered.

V3n
12-07-2011, 07:12 AM
I had a thought last night - wouldn't the other candidates just look at his Facebook page and opt-out? To us he's a fair-minded balanced news reporter.. to them he's biased toward RP. Even if they look at his actual reporting and say "yeah, that's fair" his profile is so full of RP supporters it would scare them.

(How shameful any coverage that isn't biased against Paul, coverage that is simply reporting the facts, is now seen as biased toward Paul.)

LawnWake
12-07-2011, 07:44 AM
We don't want Ron Paul in an alternative debate verus low-polling candidates. No effin' way. Only if Romney is attending it too.

speciallyblend
12-07-2011, 07:51 AM
he should buy some air time on the network and break out the charts and graphs and go perot style infomercial. hell even get Ross perot to point out the charts while ron paul speaks:)

trey4sports
12-07-2011, 07:54 AM
We don't want Ron Paul in an alternative debate verus low-polling candidates. No effin' way. Only if Romney is attending it too.

agreed.

IndianaPolitico
12-07-2011, 08:24 AM
What we need is Paul in Iowa nonstop. That would be more profitable then this debate.