PDA

View Full Version : forced servitude for unemployment may be coming to georgia.

satchelmcqueen
12-05-2011, 05:15 PM
if you draw unemployment in georgia, you may have to do 24hrs of FREE community service each week to continue drawing. so lets get this straight. you have no job because of layoffs. you have less money because of layoffs. gas is over $3 a gallon. you must spend gas money, (which should be used for food and bills since you now have no job), and over half the week working for free when you could be looking for another job. and this is money your former employer and yourself had already paid and was taxed on. dont forget, forced servitude according to the constitution is wrong. if youve ever been laid off in the recent years, you know it can be a full time job just looking for another. this is so wrong.

the government is now picking and choosing who can work in most instances with their speacial programs. most of these programs hold jobs back from people that hasnt been laid off for 16 weeks or longer. now there is a program where companies get money for hiring a veteran.

heres the link....http://www.examiner.com/political-buzz-in-atlanta/community-service-for-unemployment-benefits

and dont be fooled by my rant. there is nothing wrong with drawing if you qualify as long as you keep looking for work.

Stevo_Chill
12-05-2011, 05:23 PM
if you paid into an insurance, this is immoral.
otherwise, their should be no unemployed payments.
if its an insurance, it should be managed privately by many companies competing.

kahless
12-05-2011, 05:50 PM
if you draw unemployment in georgia, you may have to do 24hrs of FREE community service each week to continue drawing. so lets get this straight. you have no job because of layoffs. you have less money because of layoffs. gas is over $3 a gallon. you must spend gas money, (which should be used for food and bills since you now have no job), and over half the week working for free when you could be looking for another job. and this is money your former employer and yourself had already paid and was taxed on. dont forget, forced servitude according to the constitution is wrong. if youve ever been laid off in the recent years, you know it can be a full time job just looking for another. this is so wrong.

the government is now picking and choosing who can work in most instances with their speacial programs. most of these programs hold jobs back from people that hasnt been laid off for 16 weeks or longer. now there is a program where companies get money for hiring a veteran.

heres the link....http://www.examiner.com/political-buzz-in-atlanta/community-service-for-unemployment-benefits

and dont be fooled by my rant. there is nothing wrong with drawing if you qualify as long as you keep looking for work.

Let me guess, Neocon talk radio in Georgia is pushing for this?

cindy25
12-05-2011, 07:07 PM
private employers paid for their workers to get 26-39 weeks; no one paid or should expect 99 weeks.

but this defeats unemployment which is supposed to provide time to look for another job. I could support something like this for food stamps, and medicaid, . the problem is this would displace regular employees.

LibForestPaul
12-05-2011, 07:13 PM
I think all people collecting soc sec should do this as well. And people on Medicare need to be in an exercise regime.

DamianTV
12-05-2011, 07:21 PM
if you paid into an insurance, this is immoral.
otherwise, their should be no unemployed payments.
if its an insurance, it should be managed privately by many companies competing.

Like COBRA? At $600 a Month? That is what we would be expected to pay. Insurance is as much of a Scam because of the way that it operates as Banks that operate more like Loan Sharks.

SkarnkaiLW
12-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Ouch kinda hits home here, as I am in college in GA and drawing UE. If this comes to pass will have to tighten my budget more because I don't have 24 hours a week to spare on such, because it will interfere with the classes I take (trying to finish 5 year dual major in 3 years). Pretty much been rolling the UE checks into the RP campaign though up till now.

cindy25
12-05-2011, 07:50 PM
not 24 hours a week, but 24 hours to start benefits.