PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingrich: Donald Trump manipulates the game

mwkaufman
12-05-2011, 04:53 PM
A Conversation with Newt Gingrich (http://www.riponsociety.org/forum-newt.htm)

Gingrich: Our larger vision is to develop a caring, humanitarian reform party.

Ripon: Doug Bandow, a libertarian columnist, wrote recently that you supported domestic content legislation, which was a protectionist measure for the auto industry, and that you also consistently favor farm subsidies. Some might argue these are part of the corrupt, liberal welfare state.

Gingrich: Sure, you can find issues where members of Congress voted a certain way for tactical reasons. It's true of everyone except the most rigidly ideological.

Ripon: Several years ago you described yourself as a "Jeffersonian populist." Could you please explain that?

Gingrich: It’s one of the points I make to conservatives who often describe themselves as “Jeffersonian conservatives.” It usually means they want passive, lean, inactive government. That I would never favor,

Gingrich: What I'm suggesting is that it's possible to be a conservative in the broad sense - i.e; the world is dangerous and some men are evil, so government must repress those instincts and protect US from those dangers - and hold that private markets and the rule of law are essential to economic prosperity. One can hold those broad values and still believe in the cooperative efforts of Americans - whether it is building the Transcontinental Railroad, populating the West through the Homestead Act, setting up the Agricultural Agent system, or any of the innovations which made this such an extraordinary place.

Gingrich: New York hasn't ended up a dream world for the poor. It has become a place where Donald Trump manipulates the game.

phill4paul
05-12-2016, 04:35 PM
Bump from the past...

Natural Citizen
05-12-2016, 04:39 PM
I think Newt might end up in a Trump administration. Fly me to the mOoOooon...duh dada da da duh dah da....

Ronin Truth
05-13-2016, 01:16 PM
The "game" is there, to be manipulated. DUH!

tod evans
05-13-2016, 01:24 PM
The "game" is there, to be manipulated. DUH!

Just look at their courts..........