PDA

View Full Version : Turn On Boortz!

bdillahu
11-07-2007, 08:19 AM
Looks like our caller yesterday got through to Mr. Boortz (by being thoughful and reasonable he said during his morning monologue). He states that he intends to cover his "research" into Ron Paul's campaign later in the show today.

His 30 min. monologue in the mornings isn't syndicated and only comes over the air in Atlanta. He wasn't very impressed sounding with the "mail bomb" that he got... he discounts getting a bunch of similar email, stating that it smacks of somebody saying "we all need to contact Neil Boortz and say XXXXXXX". I guess I see his point, but to me, if that many people really do send the mail, then there is interest.

Anyhow, thought I would toss it out there. If you get a chance to listen, see what he says (I'm at work).

Sorry - http://www.wsbradio.com has the streaming feed, and he's carried across the nation in various places.

pennycat
11-07-2007, 09:31 AM
I was the guy that talked some sense to Mr. Boortz. Have I missed his segment on RP today?

pennycat
11-07-2007, 09:37 AM
RP is topic

Zarxrax
11-07-2007, 09:41 AM
Is anyone recording this? I'd love to hear it later.

MsDoodahs
11-07-2007, 09:43 AM
I tried, penny, but Neal is such a neocon that even the sound of his voice is too much for me this morning.

Let us know how it goes?

tarsus
11-07-2007, 09:43 AM
Listening now, he praised you penny, if you were the supporter that talked with him for 11 minutes. He seemed kinda annoyed at some RP supporters who give him ultimatums like if you don't do this I'll never listen to you again and stuff. He called them childish, which is probably true, heh.

He claims he's a libertarian but is very adamant about the war on terror.

pennycat
11-07-2007, 09:51 AM
It's the reasonable caller from yesterday. If any of us forum members are going to call in or are on hold right now, let me offer some advice.

Approach Neal, from a point of respect. He is a professional in talk radio, give him some love for that. And he has done LOTS to advance libertarian thought.

Then and only then gently remind him of the points that we are in agreement on. Don't get nervous, just pretend you are talking to a good friend.

Try and steer away from the neo con stuff. Any other point should be what we want on the air.

Nick/pennycat

DjLoTi
11-07-2007, 09:53 AM
Also, only call if you listen to his show. Seriously. lol

Bison
11-07-2007, 09:53 AM
here is the article he just quoted. http://www.commentarymagazine.com/blogs/index.php/jpodhoretz/1237

winston_blade
11-07-2007, 09:54 AM
LOL. Bortz is acting like a black helicopter type.

runderwo
11-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Someone needs to call in and ask him very bluntly, if we don't place building society in the hands of the government here at home, how can he advocate that the government should be building societies abroad?

remaxjon
11-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Green party Nadar supporters are the ones supporting Ron Paul

I've heard a lot of things but this may be the dumbest yet

avix123
11-07-2007, 10:01 AM
I can't believe that he's saying most RP supporters are ex-Nader voters.

Taco John
11-07-2007, 10:09 AM
I've always thought this guy's brand of libertarianism to be a joke...

Ra_
11-07-2007, 10:11 AM
I'm listening.
I'll keep listening until he switches topics.

Neil wants to go over there and kill fascists, before they kill us.
Why does he think it wasn't a mistake to go into Iraq?
That stupid move was the biggest hindrance to fighting terrorism,
because now no other countries trust us.

At the time of 9/11 we had a list of 26 nations that had al Qaeda presence.
Iraq was not on that list, so I have no respect for Boortz,
for continuing to cling to the lie that Iraq wasn't a mistake.

Derek Johnson
11-07-2007, 10:13 AM
I was on the Good Day USA Doug Stephan show [1-877-541-5250 M-F, 5am - 10am ET] around 7:30 ET fully expecting his screener to reject my request to talk about the 11-5 and 11-11 drives. Well, my birthday present came one day early. Mr. Stephan not only promised to support Paul (he ranted for 30 seconds of being fed up w/the establishment), but he said he was going to contribute $2,300 and encouraged his audience to donate. Wow! Then he let me talk to another caller about Paul's platform. I went for the simple founding fathers-strict constitutional principle that Paul is continuously promoting. The caller asked me for more info and I gave the audience the www.ronpaul2008.com web page on the air as the site for info and donation link.

Again, my birthday present came one day early, and it's never ever been sweeter. I guess we got lucky today, God was smiling on us Paulite spammers in our mom's basement [hacking the text polls to foil Sean Hannity's war fantasies]. Thanks Doug Stephan and the Good Day USA show!!!!

Ra_
11-07-2007, 10:18 AM
I was on the Good Day USA Doug Stephan show ... Mr. Stephan not only promised to support Paul (he ranted for 30 seconds of being fed up w/the establishment), but he said he was going to contribute $2,300 and encouraged his audience to donate. Wow!

Congratulations. Well done.
I will tune him in tomorrow.
Here is the link

Doug Stephan Broadcast Link (http://www.dougstephan.com/)

I've heard enough from Boortz

Ra_
11-07-2007, 10:26 AM
By stubbornly insisting on invading people who had nothing to do with 9/11,
we are inspiring radical behavior, not fighting it.

Boortz is a bore

Derek Johnson
11-07-2007, 10:26 AM
Yeah, after 6 months of battling the neocons on their radio stations, setting personal records for cell phone bills while getting mocked, hung up on, teased and ridiculed, I finally got lucky.

Everyone seems to be starting to smell the coffee and realize that this election goes well past Ron himself, it's the ideas and principles which we expect Ron to execute. And execute he will.

Again, I can't be more thankful to Mr. Stephan for what he did.

ButchHowdy
11-07-2007, 10:34 AM
I know the Doug Steffan jingle but never tuned in. Wow this would be great to have some alternative radio. I'll give it shot tomorrow.

ButchHowdy
11-07-2007, 10:47 AM
Whoever JUST called in to Boortz was AWESOME!!

Take my heterosexual hug in thanks!!

"Neal you've encouraged us to be Libertarians but now you're letting us down"

RevolutionSD
11-07-2007, 10:56 AM
I don't understand Neil Boortz.

He claims to be libertarian and says so often. His website logo has a circle around IRS crossed out. He spoke at the libertarian convention some time in the past.

Yet, he supports the neocon war on terror, and does not like Ron Paul?

In many ways he's no different than Hannity or O'reilly!

sandersondavis
11-07-2007, 11:00 AM
Boortz posted about RP here:

Link: http://boortz.com/nuze/index.html
This page will be gone tomorrow. So go NOW!

BTW, He LOVES hate mail. That's easily understandable. Exercise your brain with a little critical thinking and the answer to "why?" is obvious.

You really want to hit a talk show where it hurts? Send email to the affiliate stations about how boring the host is and how you are always switching to a competing station when the show comes on. Don't rant and rave, just plead for them to get something worth listening to on the air. I Like Boortz, so don't do this to him. He will come around eventually.

mrchubbs
11-07-2007, 11:03 AM
I grabbed some of the audio (about 7 minutes) and posted it on Liberty Maven.

http://www.libertymaven.com/2007/11/07/neil-boortz-on-ron-paul/

Enjoy.

MsDoodahs
11-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Neal is NOT libertarian in his views.

He's neocon through and through.

ButchHowdy
11-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Neal and Jaime Dupree are scratching their heads wondering why the donations are so high but the poll numbers are so low?!?

Can I get a Homer Simpson:

D'ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

troyd1
11-07-2007, 11:18 AM
I just sent this to the Doug Stephan good day usa show. Feel free to use, change, template it if you find other shows that deserve this praise.

I listen on and off to many talk shows and all these hosts espouse that they believe in all the values that Ron Paul does, but then won’t even talk about him or do so and somehow twist his convictions or nitpick one issue to discredit him. It is nice support a politician that is not a lawyer, does not take money from anyone but individuals. I am sick of these people getting into office and then giving paybacks either practically directly or ambassadorships or whatever. These politicians, with few exceptions, almost never do the right thing, they do the politically right thing for them. When you are walking around with your hand out, they will always expect payback. Most of Ron’s money is not even solicited other than through the grassroots letting people know about him and encouraging people to donate. There are no influence peddling fundraisers for Ron Paul. No sales of the Lincoln bedroom or anything like that. It is finally nice to be able to vote for someone and be behind someone instead of trying to decide between the lesser of 2 evils. This is going to get ugly because the powers that be want to keep their power, but the people want to take it back. To close, it is the message and ideas, not the candidate (although Ron’s honesty and goodness are invaluable) and that is why we will win. One thing I read a while ago that was interesting is that someone did a poll, I think in New Hampshire and like 8% of the people picked Ron Paul. Not that interesting, you say, is the same poll, supposedly on 13% had ever heard of Ron Paul. What is that like 60+% of people that heard of Ron Paul have picked him. Sorry to be so long, but I have waited a long time to be able to support someone that I believe in.

Derek Johnson
11-07-2007, 11:22 AM
I just sent this to the Doug Stephan good day usa show. Feel free to use, change, template it if you find other shows that deserve this praise.

I listen on and off to many talk shows and all these hosts espouse that they believe in all the values that Ron Paul does, but then won’t even talk about him or do so and somehow twist his convictions or nitpick one issue to discredit him. It is nice support a politician that is not a lawyer, does not take money from anyone but individuals. I am sick of these people getting into office and then giving paybacks either practically directly or ambassadorships or whatever. These politicians, with few exceptions, almost never do the right thing, they do the politically right thing for them. When you are walking around with your hand out, they will always expect payback. Most of Ron’s money is not even solicited other than through the grassroots letting people know about him and encouraging people to donate. There are no influence peddling fundraisers for Ron Paul. No sales of the Lincoln bedroom or anything like that. It is finally nice to be able to vote for someone and be behind someone instead of trying to decide between the lesser of 2 evils. This is going to get ugly because the powers that be want to keep their power, but the people want to take it back. To close, it is the message and ideas, not the candidate (although Ron’s honesty and goodness are invaluable) and that is why we will win. One thing I read a while ago that was interesting is that someone did a poll, I think in New Hampshire and like 8% of the people picked Ron Paul. Not that interesting, you say, is the same poll, supposedly on 13% had ever heard of Ron Paul. What is that like 60+% of people that heard of Ron Paul have picked him. Sorry to be so long, but I have waited a long time to be able to support someone that I believe in.

Like Charlotte wrote about Wilber: Terrific

troyd1
11-07-2007, 11:59 AM
thanks

MS0453
11-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Neal is NOT libertarian in his views.

He's neocon through and through.

Yes! He is not a libertarian and has never been a libertarian.

FunkBuddha
11-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Link: http://boortz.com/nuze/index.html

I thought the article was fair enough... Convince him that American's will be safe and prosperous and he'll consider supporting him. Any foreign policy experts here?

murrayrothbard
11-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Yes! He is not a libertarian and has never been a libertarian.

No doubt. I've always gotten the impression that Rush was closer to being a libertarian than boortz... (not that he is)

TVMH
11-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Boortz is a lawyer, right?

Surely, he is aware of the constitutional provision for Letters of Marque and Reprisal.

I would hope that this provision would eliminate any fear he has of constitutional (and necessarily libertarian) federal government.

From his webpage:

but if that means that I have to accept the idea that we don't go overseas to find and stop the people who want to kill us before they reach our shores ... then it's a no-go.

ConstitutionGal
11-07-2007, 12:51 PM
Bootz's stance against Dr. Paul's stance on "the war on terror" was just used by a local talk-show host here in Nashville as validation that Dr. Paul is wrong about pre-emptive wars!! The show host just 'had' to point out that Bootz is a liberatarian and won't even support Dr. Paul who he (the show host) says is also a liberatarian because he ran on that ticket back in '88!!

I am so mad I could spit nails!!

TVMH
11-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Bootz's stance against Dr. Paul's stance on "the war on terror" was just used by a local talk-show host here in Nashville as validation that Dr. Paul is wrong about pre-emptive wars!! The show host just 'had' to point out that Bootz is a liberatarian and won't even support Dr. Paul who he (the show host) says is also a liberatarian because he ran on that ticket back in '88!!

I am so mad I could spit nails!!

I think we should all become intimately familiar with Letters of Marque and Reprisal.

Such letters, issued by the Congress (I believe) actually authorize the hiring of bounty hunters when a "war" cannot be justified against another sovereign nation.

Liberty
11-07-2007, 01:01 PM
I grabbed some of the audio (about 7 minutes) and posted it on Liberty Maven.

http://www.libertymaven.com/2007/11/07/neil-boortz-on-ron-paul/

Enjoy.

Thanks. They think the donations are coming from members of the Green Party. This is hilarious. They don't have a clue.

ConstitutionGal
11-07-2007, 01:01 PM
I think we should all become intimately familiar with Letters of Marque and Reprisal.

Such letters, issued by the Congress (I believe) actually authorize the hiring of bounty hunters when a "war" cannot be justified against another sovereign nation.

I think WE're all familiar. It's just that when you bring them up, unless you've got time to really explain them and their proper, Constittutional uses, people think the idea is antiquated.

..this same talk-show host is going on and on and on about how Dr. Paul is liberatian and shouldn't be running on the republican ticket. A caller just called in and pointed out that Thompson used to be a democrat but that no one is calling him one now!! Of course, the host finally gave himself away by making a comment that Dr. Paul isn't a republican because he refuses to say he'll support every who gets the nomination!!! Party over principle, it would seem is the mode of the day for this jackass!!

wgadget
11-07-2007, 01:27 PM
I just emailed Boortz and asked him why, if the terrorists want to "kill us all," they don't just go ahead and do it. Told him the back door's WIDE OPEN, and this is hypocrisy.

Then I told him the dollar and the stock market are in a nosedive because of the excessive spending on needless wars, and asked him how he thinks it will turn out.