PDA

View Full Version : DRUDGE BOMB: Ron Paul Ad: Big Dog

IndianaPolitico
12-05-2011, 09:57 AM
Would you like to see the new ad on Drudge? Let's have a Drudge bomb!

COPY AND PASTE: Ron Paul Ad: Big Dog http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXCZVmQ74OA&feature=player_embedded

Drudge: http://www.drudgereport.com

FSP-Rebel
12-05-2011, 11:48 AM
pump

RonPaulCult
12-05-2011, 11:54 AM
My favorite thing to do when submitting a link to drudge is writing the headline I'd like them to use.

This time I wrote "Ron Paul - DO IT"

and then pasted the link.

GunnyFreedom
12-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Posted to G+ with "Go big, or go home!"

Romulus
12-05-2011, 12:09 PM
done!

affa
12-05-2011, 12:16 PM
that ad is the definition of 'go big or go home'. love it!

kusok
12-05-2011, 12:18 PM
I'm sure campaign knows who to target, how, and where. But ads like this absolutely confuse me.

People, at least the ones I talk to in New York, Long island, as well as LA, are horrified of Ron Paul precisely because of such attitude. In a nanny state I would think attacking the nanny state is a bad idea. Makes much more sense (to me) to heavily lean on ending the wars, ending rising prices, ending higher taxes, rather than ending institutions that people think help them. This ad assumes people know those departments are bad... This has not been my experience, if anything people (take the 99% for example, those protesters) think that we need MORE regulation, MORE departments, MORE oversight. Why not cater to their beliefs??? use emotional appeal if have to.

I see a problem with people not accepting Ron Paul usually based on this kind of reaction: "Oh no! he is against abortion, he will end all government aid to people, he will let iran get a nuke, he hates Israel" etc. I can't see how such a tough ad would help improve this vision people have of Ron Paul. I would think the campaign should market Ron Paul as a peace candidate who is for SAVING social programs, for ending wars, for lowering taxes and prices, for individual freedoms, and so on.

musicmax
12-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Drudge has had yesterday's RP stuff up (Paul Moves to 2nd, Romney 3rd...; PAUL: 'I'd like to think of myself as the flavor of the decade'...;... Pans Donald Trump as false GOP deity; great picture) for a long time.

tremendoustie
12-05-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm sure campaign knows who to target, how, and where. But ads like this absolutely confuse me.

People, at least the ones I talk to in New York, Long island, as well as LA, are horrified of Ron Paul precisely because of such attitude. In a nanny state I would think attacking the nanny state is a bad idea. Makes much more sense (to me) to heavily lean on ending the wars, ending rising prices, ending higher taxes, rather than ending institutions that people think help them. This ad assumes people know those departments are bad... This has not been my experience, if anything people (take the 99% for example, those protesters) think that we need MORE regulation, MORE departments, MORE oversight. Why not cater to their beliefs??? use emotional appeal if have to.

I see a problem with people not accepting Ron Paul usually based on this kind of reaction: "Oh no! he is against abortion, he will end all government aid to people, he will let iran get a nuke, he hates Israel" etc. I can't see how such a tough ad would help improve this vision people have of Ron Paul. I would think the campaign should market Ron Paul as a peace candidate who is for SAVING social programs, for ending wars, for lowering taxes and prices, for individual freedoms, and so on.

You're talking to leftists, who don't vote in the R primary. To win the primary, you have to appeal to republicans, almost none of whom would respond like the people in "New York, Long island, and LA" you're referring to.

For example:
"This has not been my experience, if anything people (take the 99% for example, those protesters) think that we need MORE regulation, MORE departments, MORE oversight."

Almost no republican thinks these things, and most detest the 99% protestors.

milo10
12-05-2011, 12:23 PM

Keep in mind that we are running for the Republican nomination, not the general election. That campaign will have different emphases. :)