PDA

View Full Version : The word on the street / door to door / what people are saying about Ron Paul

squirekyle
12-05-2011, 07:28 AM
Going from door-to-door to get signatures has been a lot of fun and a lot of work, but as I go from one neighborhood to the next, I see a very similar trend among signers. Here's what people are saying most when I ask them about Ron Paul

Neighbor: "There is never a man that goes to Washington that does the same things he says when he was running" Me: "There IS one person, Ron Paul"
Neighbor: "I like Newt Gingrich... I like a lot of what Ron Paul says, but he's unelectable"

Reply from me: "He's polling FIRST or SECOND in Iowa... Don't ever let the media tell you who to vote for, if a man is running, you know he's electable!" and don't elect someone just because they're a slick debater, (thinking: we have that in Obama already!)

"I like Newt Gingrich... I don't like Ron Paul... well, actually, I DO like Ron Paul because he wants to follow the Constitution." Friend's Grandparents

Reply from me: "Even though sometimes he looks like he's wrong or he votes wrong, it's always based on the Constitution"

"I like that you're supporting Ron Paul, but he can't win." Libertarian

Reply from me: "Who told you that, just curious?" reply back: "No one I guess" Me thinking: (hmm, mainstream media maybe?)
Reply again: "He's actually polling FIRST or SECOND in Iowa" reply: "He can win the Conservative states like Texas, but he's a libertarian!"

"I wish there was a man who went in there and did what he said..." (I mention Ron Paul) "Ron Paul? he's all right" (kind of hesitated )

Reply from me: I know the media has been saying over and over and over "He can't win, he can't win, he can't win, (He seemed to understand and agree) but vote for the person who has done and will do what they say based on Principle. He's not sold out & funded by huge corporations like the other candidates (Like Obama, Romney) but by 65,000 individual donors." (seemed to understand what corporations do to a politician and agreed with me)

GET BACK TO THOSE DONATIONS AND PHONE CALLS GUYS! We still have A LOT of persuading to do...

squirekyle
12-05-2011, 07:35 AM
bump

bluesc
12-05-2011, 07:37 AM
Try to remind them of

1) Polling in IA and NH
2) Only one who beats Obama with independents
3) Only candidate leading Obama in some states

He is the most electable candidate. We have the scientific proof.

+rep for your activism :)

tsetsefly
12-05-2011, 07:39 AM
Its great that you are going door to door but your response to the "he cant win" has to be better.

INclude the fact that he is 2nd in Iowa and NH polls 1st in polls including likely independent voters, say that he has been one of the candidates who has raised the most money and the most from individual donors. You have to let the people know the facts.

THe "dont let the media tell you who to vote for" is not very persuasive.

squirekyle
12-05-2011, 07:41 AM
Its great that you are going door to door but your response to the "he cant win" has to be better.

INclude the fact that he is 2nd in Iowa and NH polls 1st in polls including likely independent voters, say that he has been one of the candidates who has raised the most money and the most from individual donors. You have to let the people know the facts.

I actually HAVE been saying that to a lot of people who are saying he can't win, I updated the responses with that, I had forgotten to insert it. Thanks for reminding me!

bluesc
12-05-2011, 07:41 AM

Yep, if they say "he can't win" and you say "vote in principle", they won't vote for him. You HAVE to convince them that he can win.

tsetsefly
12-05-2011, 07:44 AM
I actually HAVE been saying that to a lot of people who are saying he can't win, I updated the responses with that, I had forgotten to insert it. Thanks for reminding me!

A ok. Great! Also include what bluesc said, he is the only republican candidate beating Obama and in general he has the best numbers against Obama.

squirekyle
12-05-2011, 07:48 AM
Yep, if they say "he can't win" and you say "vote in principle", they won't vote for him. You HAVE to convince them that he can win.

I updated the post, I HAD been saying all those things (Believe me, I've been reading these forums ;-) but I was trying to keep it short so people can understand we still need to work hard on the first states. Great work everyone! Anyone who isn't helping in some way, I have one thing to say: GET ON IT!!!

tsetsefly
12-05-2011, 07:50 AM
I updated the post, I HAD been saying all those things (Believe me, I've been reading these forums ;-) but I was trying to keep it short so people can understand we still need to work hard on the first states. Great work everyone! Anyone who isn't helping in some way, I have one thing to say: GET ON IT!!!

For all Newt supporters please let them know:

1. He supported Obamas Individual Health Insurance Mandate
2. He was for the bailouts and refer them to the serial hypocrisy video.

squirekyle
12-05-2011, 07:55 AM
updated the post with a poll, hope we can keep this at the top to encourage others to start Phone From Home, door-to-door, or some other action to help Ron

http://phone.ronpaul2012.com
http://RonPaulProducts.com

Eric21ND
12-05-2011, 08:28 AM
where are you doing this?

squirekyle
12-05-2011, 09:06 AM
where are you doing this?

Around the Clarksville, TN area, just 30 minutes outside of Nashville, thankfully I have enough signatures now to be a delegate, the deadline is this Thursday at NOON for TN.

squirekyle
12-05-2011, 09:26 AM

Shane Harris
12-05-2011, 09:42 AM
they said reagan couldnt win and that he was unelectable and too extreme

fisharmor
12-05-2011, 09:43 AM
they said reagan couldnt win and that he was unelectable and too extreme

Yeah, well Reagan showed them... on both counts.

row333au
12-05-2011, 10:04 AM
Learning from the Occupy thing being having so many flaws...and its not waking up the population.

Sorry to say Occupy is now being viewed by the general public as a view of the 'Festival of Rebels Without Solutions'.......

They need to have solutions and effective ways of public support and prevent infiltrations of the 1%.

Suggestion for Ron Paul campaign:

Be better if they do a flash mob by the millions to go to the streets of a city, suburb or towns and do hand outs, door to door, pockets of gatherings (street performing, soap box oratories, etch) ...

The advantage is: if they spread and keep on moving it will be very hard for the authorities to stop them specially if they are invisible (no visibility like being in one place) their visibility is number of people doing door to door all at same time (how they going to stop that, harder legally too), also can see how electable Ron Paul is. But it's best to keep it in an acceptable quick and short phase and time enough not to be nuisance.

Also if any infiltration happens they will stand out (out them by all means - video, pics them and spam them online to discourage).

The participators can produce this material themselves and/or able to educate others. Photocopying and printing.

But it has to be base only in one common agreed printing and nothing else (example: promotional graphics, voting consistency and achievements, repealing unfair laws, internet censoring and stopping liberty, RP confusing stance or issues and clarifying those, things that would become public consensus....); and must be able to have information of what to say (learn how to via youtube videos, website, etch)...

The problem of unifying information can be resolve by internet and having one official site.

Same time they can be able to garner petition and polling, and also should include 'the oath of loyalty' to the real constitution and the real sovereignty laws for everyone.

One solution to unify the people under one cause ....Putting a petition for a public indictment of political crimes against 'the people' therefore this will unite a popular consensus and rally behind Ron Paul be seen as a real profound act to lead into real change.... doing this requires the need to educate the population and hold the media to a neutral journalism and be able to call in the collusion of conspiracy.....

Another suggest is having a real solutions forum within the forum.... where people can submit ideas (and not reverberating crapo of sprouting opinions of conversation)..... whereby people can really absorb ideas and help develop and improve further of those ideas.

Another suggest is posters. Plastering them around towns on areas that you can.....put this forum address or even blog website, etch to promote and advertise....so people can get into this..... or guerrilla posters (graphic posters of new bill of indefinite detentions, federal reserve and illegal income tax, etch) and on-line guerrilla podcast....

sailingaway
12-05-2011, 10:07 AM
He isn't only polling first or second in Iowa AND second or sometimes third in New Hampshire, he is also polling best against Obama in Iowa, and is in fact the ONLY GOP who beats Obama in Iowa under a Marist poll out yesterday.

LEK
12-05-2011, 10:23 AM
"Even though sometimes he looks like he's wrong or he votes wrong, it's always based on the Constitution"

YES! Best answer by far - and then be prepared to explain what the Constitution says and how important it is to follow the rule of law. If we violate that principle then ANYTHING goes - and as Ron Paul has repeatedly said, if something needs to change, that's what we have the ammendment process for.

overcastpatriot
12-05-2011, 10:31 AM
Ron Paul is a 10-term Congressman, he's obviously electable.

squirekyle
12-05-2011, 10:55 AM
Ron Paul is a 10-term Congressman, he's obviously electable.

I told the guy that said "He's unelectable" that statement too. I think it's 12 times though not 10

helmuth_hubener
12-05-2011, 11:32 AM
they said reagan couldnt win and that he was unelectable and too extremeYeah, well Reagan showed them... on both counts. Unfortunately.

"Not too extreme" doesn't quite capture the utter betrayal and total lack of any change that was the Reagan Administration.