PDA

View Full Version : Karl Rove wants a gold standard

bluesc
12-05-2011, 04:36 AM
We need to get the signatures to get on the ballot in big primary states dammit. We can win this thing.

I saw this on the Daily Paul, don't think it's been posted here. There is a message to all RP supporters about heckling, and how to handle these situations.

http://www.thedailypaul.com/images/UM.jpg

I'm at the Mic and Karl is on the screen. I'm asking about his thoughts on the need for a hard asset backed currency.

On the morning of November 30th, I received a text from my mentor inviting me to join him at his table for the Annual Chamber of Commerce dinner. He then went on to tell me that Karl Rove would be there and that I was welcome to come, as long as there was no heckling by Ron Paul supporters. (My mentor obviously knows I'm a Ron Paul supporter and I would like to believe that he knows I'd respect him and the Chamber by not heckling or disrespecting anyone in any way. But I'm sure he said that due to the mixed reputation our movement has, which motivates me to ask everyone to stifle you personal desires and make decisions reflective of RON PAUL. Always ask yourself, "what would Ron do?")

So I picked out my best clothes for dinner that night. I also took the time to tie a full Windsor knot in my tie and polished my shoes. And finally, I was sure to arm myself with wonderful tools of our message:

-A Ron Paul 2012 Lapel Pin
-A Ron Paul Super Brochure
-A Ron Paul Products 2012 Bumper Sticker
-A Campaign for Liberty Ron Paul Constitution
-A 1922 Peace Dollar
-A $1 Federal Reserve Note
-A $100,000,000,000,000 Zimbabwe Note

During social hour at the event, I mingle with people on my way to the cash bar. It's interesting because in business, since I am an employee, I don’t spread the message unless I get on a personal level with the individual I’m in conversation with, since I’m not really acting as Uriah. But come time I make the connection… Or become Facebook friends with. And you can bet your last Federal Reserve note they know that I support Ron Paul. With that said, on the way to the bar it was fun to see some people smile and say, “You would” when they saw my lapel pin, and others, like the former F-15 pilot and consultant for the Star Wars program pause for a moment as I watched his wheels turn.

So, drink in hand and I’m talking with the Chief Deputy Tax Collector, an absolutely wonderful guy who loves small government and is completely involved in community service and always a delight to speak with, when a Chamber staff member say Karl has arrived if we would like to go meet him. We make our way over and he’s entertaining a star struck, half-intoxicated girl. Karl is mostly laughing. He makes his way towards me and says hello. I shake his hand, “Mr. Rove nice to meet you, thank you for taking the time to make it here.” He clocks my pin pulling his head up to get a better view through his glasses. He kind of half smirked/ half smiled and I couldn’t really read if that was a bad thing or a good thing.

For dinner, I make my way to the table that has the closest seat to the podium in the room, and I’m at Karl’s table sitting DIRECTLY across from him! Crazy! There was virtually no conversation at the table since someone was speaking the whole time. I made it a point to make eye contact as much as possible and smile. It’s all about POSITIVE ASSOCIATIONS.

The night goes on and finally Karl speaks but mostly it’s stories to make the crowd feel good: Much more "story time" then foresight and knowledge, which I think everyone was looking forward to hearing. After he finished speaking, it was question time. I get to the mic and Karl says, “Now this guy is probably the only guy in the room with a Ron Paul pin on.” It wasn’t derogatory in nature but he said it slightly laughingly and nobody really responded that way.

I know someone at every table and I’d like to think I have a good reputation with my community so when laughing AT me didn’t work out he said, “well maybe he’s not the only guy, how about the redneck table? Ya’ll probably have someone with a Ron Paul pin.”

Someone yelled out, “someone’s got to bear the cross.” (which I enjoyed as an endorsement of Ron Paul) I really really wanted to respond with, “Yes sir and I bet if you were to take a vote of candidate pins in the room, Ron Paul would be the winner.” Or “Karl you must not know that percentage-wise, this county was the highest voting Ron Paul county in the state last go around.” But I out of respect for my mentor, I didn’t, though I think he would have been ok with either of those in hindsight. Anyway, I wasn’t going to risk it.

It’s my time to talk, “Thank you for being here Mr. Rove. My question is on the economy. You mentioned wild spending being a problem. I have in my hand $2, but at the same time $26. This coin (I held it up) is worth $1 but has a value of $25 of these (I held up the Federal Reserve note). As we have moved off of a hard asset back currency, spending has increased. What do think about the need to move back to a hard asset backed currency, which would limit spending since we wouldn’t be able to just print money?"

The words that followed were kind of mind blowing! He said he doesn’t know enough about the topic, but he does feel that we moved off of the gold standard too quickly and if we were to go back (which he thought we needed to do), we needed to do so slowly to prevent any negative repercussions. He then said we also need to take a look at the Federal Reserve (crowd clapped) and we eventually need to get off of a fiat-based currency.

He didn’t spend near the amount of time he spent on other responses but the message was good for us. Even if Karl does not believe what he said and was pandering it’s still a positive message delivered in favor of Ron Paul and the Liberty movement’s talking points. I had several people come up after the dinner and let me know that I asked a great question.

What’s more interesting is a couple nights later I ran into a few more people whowere in attendance at the dinner, and they complimented me on my question. One of them was an executive for one of the nation's largest hedge funds.

My friends, our message is spreading. It’s becoming more mainstream and it is my personal opinion that to really gain ground for our cause we make sure to become part of the mainstream.

By attending this dinner and not acting out of line as much as I may have wanted to, I provided the opportunity for positive associations. I did not give Karl Rove the ammunition to discredit us. I gave the entire room the ability to perceive Ron Paul supporters (w/ Karl’s help) as professional, serious, and knowledgeable.

The day is coming when the comment that I am the only one wearing a Ron Paul pin in the room won’t be true. Or maybe it’s a Rand Paul pin? The idea is the same.

Let’s go out there and get this. Let’s go be sure to let “them” know we’re here and not going anywhere.

CableNewsJunkie
12-05-2011, 05:07 AM
Methinks there will need to be a VIGOROUS debate about just what TYPE of gold-standard / competing-currency arrangement takes hold in a few years.

But just like everything else, they've probably already come up with some inadequate, disingenuous, and bastardized version of it and are just waiting to pass it into law during a crisis.

bluesc
12-05-2011, 05:10 AM
Who edited the title? Not cool, man.

FreedomProsperityPeace
12-05-2011, 05:56 AM
Excellent. Great repping Ron Paul. :cool: