PDA

View Full Version : POSSIBLE METHOD TO GET GINGRICH VIDEO SKYROCKETING VIEWS

hammy
12-05-2011, 02:34 AM
Alright, if even just a few of us do this, it could result in HUGE view count totals.

Here's the plan:

1. Download/Open up Firefox (web browser)

2. Open up the Newt Video in as many tabs as your PC/Connection will allow (I'd say 10 is probably pushing it, although, if you have a faster connection like mine, I'm going to be shooting for 50 or so)

3. When all the videos have loaded and begun to play (probably takes 30 seconds or so, give or take), right click on any of the tabs. Click REFRESH ALL TABS.

4. Boom insanely high view counts. Quick and easy to do. Just think, if 100 people open up 10 tabs, that's 1,000 views. If they were to only do this for half an hour, it would result in: 120,000 views

Now I'm sure youtube has some kind of buffer or something to prevent things like this, but I doubt it would work so effectively as to block out all these views. Either way I think we'd see a massive jump. What do you guys think?

Edit: The longer the video is let play (I believe it's around 30 seconds), the higher probability that the view is counted. If you wanted to go a step further, I imagine you could open up your browser in TOR and make it really difficult to see where the views were coming from.

Edit 2: I just did some investigating and it does look like that youtube watches how many views come from 30 second or less watchings. I would advise letting each tabbed video play for at least 30 seconds or so. And like I said, if you download and enable TOR for Firefox (I believe you can get it from the firefox add-ons), it should make it a lot more difficult for youtube to see where each view comes from (maybe I'm wrong, perhaps a techie can correct me, lol).

CaptainAmerica
12-05-2011, 02:36 AM
k sounds good ill start in teh morning haha

cdc482
12-05-2011, 02:37 AM
Alright, if even just a few of us do this, it could result in HUGE view count totals.

Here's the plan:

1. Download/Open up Firefox (web browser)

2. Open up the Newt Video in as many tabs as your PC/Connection will allow (I'd say 10 is probably pushing it, although, if you have a faster connection like mine, I'm going to be shooting for 50 or so)

3. When all the videos have loaded and begun to play (probably takes 30 seconds or so, give or take), right click on any of the tabs. Click REFRESH ALL TABS.

4. Boom insanely high view counts. Quick and easy to do. Just think, if 100 people open up 10 tabs, that's 1,000 views. If they were to only do this for half an hour, it would result in: 120,000 views

Now I'm sure youtube has some kind of buffer or something to prevent things like this, but I doubt it would work so effectively as to block out all these views. Either way I think we'd see a massive jump. What do you guys think?

No one here is a fan of cheating.

hammy
12-05-2011, 02:39 AM
I don't think it's fair that Newt Gingrich gets a free ride from the corporations that control the MSM. I think that's cheating.

Oddone
12-05-2011, 02:47 AM
No. We don't need these types of threads around here. Love the enthusiasm, but this isn't how we roll .

Crotale
12-05-2011, 03:06 AM
Spending the time on Phone from Home would be a much more productive use of time.

hammy
12-05-2011, 10:28 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lup8xk5lUf1ql1ubc.jpg

squirekyle
12-05-2011, 10:30 AM
one isp can only watch a youtube video 300 times, then YouTube stops counting... it's on the most viewed this week (last page, page 16)... http://www.youtube.com/charts/videos_views?t=w

hammy
12-05-2011, 10:34 AM
That's where TOR comes in, it can hide your ISP. Completely anonymous viewing.

TwoJ
12-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Yea falsifying youtube views hasn't really worked for a few years now, appreciate the enthusiasm though.

They detect proxies extremely fast.

CaptUSA
12-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Shouldn't the point be to get more actual people to watch it? The only thing you're doing is hiding the true effect of the ad.

Jingles
12-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Arbitrarily raising youtube views of the video does nothing to help us. Actually sharing/showing the video to others does actually help us.