PDA

View Full Version : Free Bottle of 'ISM - Cartoon

DamianTV
12-04-2011, 08:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CjrZNi49bE&feature=related

People tried to warn us about the coming problems in Government 50 years ago. And now, the ISM is now upon us.

Carehn
12-04-2011, 08:35 PM
I need to get me some ism.

Spikender
12-04-2011, 08:50 PM
This cartoon is incredible. I don't think it's too far fetched to say that people from the past are so much smarter than the people of today. Not only did they know what the problems were, but they predicted where they would get us in the future if they weren't addressed.

DamianTV
12-04-2011, 09:30 PM
So I think that leads us to the big question. Its on my mind today apparently for some dumb reason, but there are so many people dependant on some form of Government Welfare that it has created a Chain of Obedience perpetuated by Residual Dependancy on the System. People are now addicted to the benefits awareded to them by the System, while afforded to them at the cost of others not dependant on the system.

How do we break this Cycle of Perpetual Dependancy on Government Services? Not just from a Political Standpoint, but a Psychological Standpoint as well?

Spikender
12-04-2011, 10:22 PM
So I think that leads us to the big question. Its on my mind today apparently for some dumb reason, but there are so many people dependant on some form of Government Welfare that it has created a Chain of Obedience perpetuated by Residual Dependancy on the System. People are now addicted to the benefits awareded to them by the System, while afforded to them at the cost of others not dependant on the system.

How do we break this Cycle of Perpetual Dependancy on Government Services? Not just from a Political Standpoint, but a Psychological Standpoint as well?

Great question, and I think it's actually going to be one of the biggest roadblocks to getting our country back on track. The welfare system is probably the most potent way to ensure that big government stays rooted in place, even more so than government reeducation camps, also known as the public school system. These people have been conditioned to believe that they are entitled to this money from the government, and many of the people on the government dole don't even realize that the money is coming from other people. That's how brainwashed these people are. My little brother, who's still in high school, has been telling me how half the kids in his class don't realize that people on welfare are receiving money that was taxed from other people. Hell, most of these kids don't even know anything about taxes; they don't realize that taxes pay for public services, roads, even the very public school they sit in. It's ridiculous the amount of public school brainwashing is going on. And he's in eleventh grade. I at least had a basic understanding of taxes in elementary school, so apparently I knew more about government than eleventh graders when I was in fourth grade.

And to be honest... I'm not sure how it's going to be done. Somehow, someway, someone is going to have to convince these people that smaller government will be far more rewarding for them than however much money the government doles out to them. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how this can be done, I'd love to hear them.