PDA

View Full Version : The Truth about Poverty in America

Ashhhhh
12-04-2011, 07:07 PM
http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2011/09/understanding-poverty-in-the-united-states-surprising-facts-about-americas-poor

Travlyr
12-05-2011, 08:39 AM
People in Washington D.C. just don't get it. Big government people just don't get it. They are living in a bubble.

This study is baloney. I'm not sure why The Heritage Foundation is promoting government solutions instead of liberty. I thought they were supposed to be an organization that promoted liberty, peace, and Prosperity. Instead they are saying poor people really aren't all that poor.

Let me quote Ron Paul. "Detroit knows about it. Poor people and the middle class know about it. Washington D.C. doesn't know about it."

Their heavy Federal Government foot is keeping people down and their well paid shills claim.... oh they have TV. Really poor people shouldn't have TV or a car and they still get enough to eat. The problem is that government prevents the poor from climbing the prosperity ladder.

We could still be transporting each other in flying cars folks. In the 50's and 60's a lot of people had their own small airplane. I just assumed at the time that they would become more numerous not less.

Sam I am
12-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Doesn't the food/rent for a month generally cost more than all of the expenses on that list combined?(except for the car)

truelies
12-05-2011, 04:19 PM
http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2011/09/understanding-poverty-in-the-united-states-surprising-facts-about-americas-poor

these facts are true only because of the social safety net- welfare and social security.

Brian4Liberty
12-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Of course no one is starving (yet). 1 in 7 are on food stamps. If you depend upon government for everything, you are poor!

The streets are flooded with food, especially in urban and suburban areas. Food stamps and charity provide more than enough, often to people who don't need it. I spoke to someone who went to a charity to volunteer on Thanksgiving. They said it was like a nice restaurant, with linen table clothes. No one showed up for the food, but they had plenty of volunteers. They couldn't give away the turkey!

Kluge
12-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Doesn't the food/rent for a month generally cost more than all of the expenses on that list combined?(except for the car)
Food's nothing compared to property taxes in a lot of places.

DamianTV
12-05-2011, 07:51 PM
If you add all your taxes together, gas tax, phone tax, property tax, sales tax, income tax, your total taxes come out to be over 50% of your income.

Justinjj1
12-05-2011, 08:03 PM
I got to www.heritage.org and stopped reading.

People actually take that garbage "think"-tank seriously?