PDA

View Full Version : December 31st: The New Years REVOLUTION idea

jrich4rpaul
11-07-2007, 08:19 AM
This would be a great fundraiser that would double as a poll to see what % Ron Paul is REALLY getting. Please read and vote on my idea.

-We make a new fundraiser, or money bomb, planned for December 31st

-The pledge will be just $5, which anyone can afford and I believe is the minimum.

-If you're going to vote for Ron Paul, donate.

-The number if individual donors will be counted as votes, showing how many people really support him

If this idea sounds good to everyone, someone feel free to go with it, make a website, etc. I can't afford a website, and I'm not good with web design. It's up to you guys.

Edit: Although, maxed out donors wouldn't be able to vote. Thanks for bring this to my attention.

Brinck Slattery
11-07-2007, 08:24 AM
sounds like a good but potentially scary idea

jrich4rpaul
11-07-2007, 08:26 AM
sounds like a good but potentially scary idea

it could backfire due to people still being too lazy to donate and such, which is why it's just an idea open to discussion

DjLoTi
11-07-2007, 08:27 AM
absolutely do it... but New Years in New York is no joke. We'll need a seriously committed effort for the Ron Paul R[evol]ution for this event!!!!

JenHarris
11-07-2007, 08:36 AM
Maxed out people couldn't vote

As a side note though: have a huge NYC meetup rally at times square :)

jrich4rpaul
11-07-2007, 08:40 AM
Maxed out people couldn't vote

As a side note though: have a huge NYC meetup rally at times square :)

2 good points.

Doesn't seem like it would work unless the maxed out donor % would be small.

StephenTC
11-07-2007, 08:58 AM
I would like to point out that this will probably naturally happen since it's the end of the quarter. Chances are fund-raising will skyrocket with or without a gimmick. I say let's go for the gimmick to maximize on the potential.

We can have the big one, December 16th (Tea Party, part of Weekend for Liberty) and then the final one of the quarter!

Sounds good to me.

Edit: Also, about the maxed out donor thing, it's not like the base isn't growing. We're getting larger and larger, and it's growing EXPONENTIALLY. Even if everyone who donated for ThisNovember5th didn't donate, It's possible that we could top donations by the end of this year with new donors.

jasonhlasvegas2008
11-07-2007, 08:58 AM
I love the idea. I think we should do it.

terlinguatx
11-07-2007, 08:59 AM

jasonhlasvegas2008
11-07-2007, 09:04 AM
I think he wants to model it after the Nov 5th fundraiser.

jrich4rpaul
11-07-2007, 09:10 AM
I think he wants to model it after the Nov 5th fundraiser.

basically