Crotale
12-04-2011, 05:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6kPdnCbhQk

Superb quality.

Tweeted: http://twitter.com/#!/Samuel_E_Amer/status/143285333101002753

Steppenwolf6
12-04-2011, 05:08 AM
Ron Paul was the master.
I have no idea what some critics are blabbering about,it was one of his best ever with NO doubts ifs or buts..
Enlighting,endearing,passionate,relaxed,deeply informative

Sola_Fide
12-04-2011, 05:47 AM
Hmmm. Not his absolute best, but Ron's presence in this race can no longer be denied. The other candidates are taking their cues from the teacher now...and it is obvious.

Immortal Technique
12-04-2011, 07:43 AM
The format sucked.i didnt like any of the questioning.

Feeding the Abscess
12-04-2011, 08:04 AM
Hmmm. Not his absolute best, but Ron's presence in this race can no longer be denied. The other candidates are taking their cues from the teacher now...and it is obvious.

He stammered a bit, but how often does a presidential candidate, even Ron, stuff in terrorism is to be treated like a crime, everything government does is a mandate, The Law, governments cannot do what individuals cannot do, and nullification, in 11 freaking minutes?

Had he answered with the 16th Amendment in addition to the prohibition answer, it would have been the most awesome thing ever shown on national television.

He should have worn his shades, he was so bad ass.

Feelgood
12-04-2011, 09:41 AM
The format sucked.i didnt like any of the questioning.

Seriously? The format was awesome, each candidate got to answer questions directly, with lots of time to answer each question, and not feel rushed. Ron is running for POTUS, and if he cant handle answering a few tough questions like this, then he probably shouldn't be running for POTUS.

Personally I thought it was a great format, even if Ron's performance was subpar.

phill4paul
12-04-2011, 09:44 AM
Thanks. I had missed his final statement last night. Excellent.

robmpreston
12-04-2011, 09:45 AM
Seriously? The format was awesome, each candidate got to answer questions directly, with lots of time to answer each question, and not feel rushed. Ron is running for POTUS, and if he cant handle answering a few tough questions like this, then he probably shouldn't be running for POTUS.

Personally I thought it was a great format, even if Ron's performance was subpar.

Bingo.

Dorfsmith
12-04-2011, 10:02 AM
I actually liked the format a lot.

limequat
12-04-2011, 10:16 AM
This looks a hell of a lot better after viewing it for the second time.

nyrgoal99
12-04-2011, 10:26 AM
I did not watch last night, but many people were saying he did bad. I think Ron Paul did very well. Maybe some people are not use to seeing Ron talk for that long........

mport1
12-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Unfortunately I think that was one of Ron's worst performances to date. Tons of rambling, talking way too fast, trouble hearing the questions, and quite a few less than stellar answers.

whippoorwill
12-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Indeed

febo
12-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Unfortunately I think that was one of Ron's worst performances to date. Tons of rambling, talking way too fast, trouble hearing the questions, and quite a few less than stellar answers.

They were deliberately rushing him imo.

Sola_Fide
12-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Well, you have got to give the man his time to have not-so-hot moments too. Compared to the gaffes by all of the other candidates in this campaign, Ron is head and shoulders above everyone.

Fredom101
12-04-2011, 11:21 AM
Disappointed. :( RP said cutting these programs would "create anarchy" as if that's a bad thing. Eh tu, Ron?

Sola_Fide
12-04-2011, 11:27 AM
Disappointed. :( RP said cutting these programs would "create anarchy" as if that's a bad thing. Eh tu, Ron?

Ron is not an anarchist in the sense that he was speaking of. There wasn't anything wrong with what he said. I'm not an anarchist. I believe in the principles of private property, sound money, the rule of law, and voluntaryism...and these things can still exist in a loosely confederated republic.

JK/SEA
12-04-2011, 11:28 AM
Ron has NEVER had a bad appearance...EVER. We get it now ok?...you are not here to cheer- lead for Paul, you are here to trash Ron Paul when and wherever you are..if indeed you are a real person. Posting negative shit about Ron is not a way to promote Ron. You should be banned because of your constant attacks on the man who could save our country....but i'm sure you don't give a shit about that.

EBounding
12-04-2011, 11:31 AM
There was obviously background noise when he couldn't hear the question.

After watching it again, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought.

mport1
12-04-2011, 11:32 AM

Not really. It was all him speeding through every answer at 100 mph. He almost always talks too fast and rambles, but this is the worst I've seen in a long time.

sailingaway
12-04-2011, 11:33 AM
IT was fine. Too bad he didn't hear that one question until it was repeated, but other than that one, and the guy did speak quickly, it was ok. The 16th amendment obviously just didn't occur to him, he was thinking of the bill of rights when they asked about repealing amendments. But it was good, and certainly not a negative with new people watching.

And as for nullification....

It is as someone said in the debate thread last night (I read it but wasn't in time for the forum): He just wants us to be free. He could have done all sorts of puffery about join me, vote for me, I'm the best --- and he just tried to give people an avenue of action to reverse things.

That is the man I want as president.

wstrucke
12-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Ron has NEVER had a bad appearance...EVER. We get it now ok?...you are not here to cheer- lead for Paul, you are here to trash Ron Paul when and wherever you are..if indeed you are a real person. Posting negative shit about Ron is not a way to promote Ron. You should be banned because of your constant attacks on the man who could save our country....but i'm sure you don't give a shit about that.

troll -1

JK/SEA
12-04-2011, 11:37 AM
troll -1

pathetic -10

You guys who are trashing Ron don't realize what you are doing. And i'm called a troll?...gawd, thats funny, and sad.

sailingaway
12-04-2011, 11:41 AM
There were a lot of trolls bringing the debate thread down. mport1 for his part just seems to have wanted Ron to champion anarchy and Ron isn't an anarchist, so he's disappointed imho.

seapilot
12-04-2011, 11:41 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PuCSjKh6KQo/TpsfL03tJsI/AAAAAAAAArQ/Z0mYAR407sI/s400/ELT200805210414063323557.JPG

LeJimster
12-04-2011, 11:43 AM
pathetic -10

You guys who are trashing Ron don't realize what you are doing. And i'm called a troll?...gawd, thats funny, and sad.

I must admit his performance wasn't great. He wasn't as clear as he could have been. This is being honest. Some of his comments were great, but he looked tense and rushed through the whole thing. When he is relaxed he performs the best.

tsetsefly
12-04-2011, 11:45 AM
I think his answers need to improve when asked what measure he would take to prevent act of terrorism. Not sure on the Oklahoma city bombing, but there was ample information and chances to prevent 9-11, FBI just never acted on that information.

mport1
12-04-2011, 11:46 AM
There were a lot of trolls bringing the debate thread down. mport1 for his part just seems to have wanted Ron to champion anarchy and Ron isn't an anarchist, so he's disappointed imho.

What? That isn't it at all. I'm well aware Ron isn't an anarchist and that is fine with me. I just want him to slow down, something that will drastically improve his debate and interview performances and gain a lot of new supporters.

He did much better here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_e1CZ07ljo).

Revolution9
12-04-2011, 11:50 AM
IT was fine. Too bad he didn't hear that one question until it was repeated, but other than that one, and the guy did speak quickly, it was ok. The 16th amendment obviously just didn't occur to him

It sounded like he possibly said "view" and not "few". I don't think it was expected for the questioner to be making a pun so the word needed clarification.

Rev9

JK/SEA
12-04-2011, 11:52 AM
I must admit his performance wasn't great. He wasn't as clear as he could have been. This is being honest. Some of his comments were great, but he looked tense and rushed through the whole thing. When he is relaxed he performs the best.

Its already been pointed out that 'certain' people read these threads and report on 'our' comments to blogs and various news services, so when ill informed personalities post negative comments in the RON PAUL FORUMS, it gets reported that his supporters are fleeing to the hills. Makes me go..hmmm...who are these guys in here posting negative shit?...ahhhh,,,i think i know...

Tina
12-04-2011, 11:54 AM
Apologies if this has already been posted.

Poll: Who won tonight’s debate? – Mike Huckabee Forum (12/3/2011)
theswash.com/liberty/poll-who-won-tonights-debate-mike-huckabee-forum-1232011

Who won tonight's debate? - Mike Huckabee Forum (12/3/2011)
Michele Bachmann 18.31%

Newt Gingrich 1.86%

Ron Paul 74.16%

Rick Perry 0.62%

Mitt Romney 2.48%

Rick Santorum 2.58%

Birdlady
12-04-2011, 11:58 AM
Just because someone doesn't agree with the way a debate/forum went, doesn't mean they are out to get Ron Paul or are a troll.

During the last election cycle, it became pretty clear to a lot of us that if we didn't all bow down to everything the campaign did we were screamed at. Please don't let that happen again. All it did was cause a lot of infighting amongst us supporters. If you think Ron Paul did great during the forum, then great you can post why you feel that way. If you don't think he did well, then you can post why you think that. Simple as that.

Travlyr
12-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Ron is not an anarchist in the sense that he was speaking of. There wasn't anything wrong with what he said. I'm not an anarchist. I believe in the principles of private property, sound money, the rule of law, and voluntaryism...and these things can still exist in a loosely confederated republic.

Nothing wrong with what Ron said at all. People who want a celebrity for president will get more of the same. Ron Paul is a Statesman.

What are the three domestic responsibilities of the federal government?
Ron Paul - National Defense, Sound Currency, Uphold the Bill of Rights.

Perfect answers.

Kregisen
12-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Ron is the only conservative left in the race, and his ideas are definitely the best, but in terms of explaining his stances, this one was probably one of his worst. I didn't see the other candidates responses though, so it may have been true for all of them. He was rushed through all kinds of different huge questions and given what, 60 seconds to think and answer each one on national tv? That's a lot of pressure right there, and any person in the world will have thousands of thoughts running through their mind.

He's had much better performances in the past couple months where he is relaxed and able to clearly think and present his view on things.

Feeding the Abscess
12-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Ron wasn't even referring to anarchy in the political sense anyway, don't know why an anarchist who supports Ron would be upset by what he said.

He stammered a bit more than usual, but he dropped terrorism is a crime, everything government does is a mandate, The Law, governments cannot do what individuals cannot do, and Nullification. In 11 freaking minutes. I'm hard pressed to criticize him.

Dorfsmith
12-04-2011, 03:22 PM
When Ron Paul mentioned "anarchy" he was thinking riots in the streets. That's what would happen if we cut social security and other programs over night. Unfortunately, people have been led to believe that government is here to take care of them. There has to be a transition. Hope that clears things up for some of you.

CUnknown
12-04-2011, 03:22 PM
This looks a hell of a lot better after viewing it for the second time.

Yes, indeed! I was one of the people who were totally panicking right after, but on second viewing, it really doesn't seem bad at all.

james1906
12-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Not strong on delivery, but the answers were good.

Also, the Huck is gaining weight.

Tiger35
12-04-2011, 03:34 PM
He stammered a bit, but how often does a presidential candidate, even Ron, stuff in terrorism is to be treated like a crime, everything government does is a mandate, The Law, governments cannot do what individuals cannot do, and nullification, in 11 freaking minutes?

Had he answered with the 16th Amendment in addition to the prohibition answer, it would have been the most awesome thing ever shown on national television.

He should have worn his shades, he was so bad ass. Amen guys.

beardedlinen
12-04-2011, 06:26 PM

Agreed. That video made me depressed.

Why did he leave out the 16th amendment when asked what amendments were mistakes?

::sigh::

beardedlinen
12-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Ron has NEVER had a bad appearance...EVER.

lol. what? Paul himself admits that he is a flawed messenger. It's the message that counts, and that's why we stand behind him. That's also why I believe it's important to point out certain things that Paul needs to work on if he wants to reach a larger audience. Your belief that Ron is some type of infallible godhead is what hurts his campaign and makes some of his supporters (like you) appear to be brainwashed.

Birdlady
12-04-2011, 06:40 PM
I finally got a chance to watch it and I don't think RP did bad at all! I was almost too afraid to watch it... haha

beardedlinen
12-04-2011, 06:42 PM
I finally got a chance to watch it and I don't think RP did bad at all! I was almost too afraid to watch it... haha

Gotta get through those fears. ;)

Steppenwolf6
12-04-2011, 06:59 PM
"He should'nt be running for president"( I quote) ..because Feelgood did not like his style of delivery.
He did'nt feel good about it apparently..

How superficial can you be man?

What I sincerely fail to understand is:
What are you doing here?
It is beyond me.
Did Newt or Mitt send you here?
Just asking.

Steppenwolf6
12-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Ron is running for POTUS, and if he cant handle answering a few tough questions like this, then he probably shouldn't be running for POTUS.

And THIS while people are working their asses off ,creating enthusiasm and we are all SO CLOSE to a win against all odds and the powers that be!
I am speechless..i don't want to debase myself further..

Sorry ,this people,the comfortable "critics" sitting on a sofa piss me off big time

JK/SEA
12-04-2011, 07:17 PM
lol. what? Paul himself admits that he is a flawed messenger. It's the message that counts, and that's why we stand behind him. That's also why I believe it's important to point out certain things that Paul needs to work on if he wants to reach a larger audience. Your belief that Ron is some type of infallible godhead is what hurts his campaign and makes some of his supporters (like you) appear to be brainwashed.

haha...looks like i outed another newt supporter..

and BTW, the post you neg repped me on was edited by the mods.

kuckfeynes
12-04-2011, 07:48 PM
The actual content I thought was excellent, you can tell he was well prepared.

Just the delivery that slipped a bit... The old rushing cadence. Which I've noticed has otherwise been much better lately.

Anarchy was a good word because that's how its commonly used. And the fact that he contrasted his plan with it, because there is confusion out there when it comes to anarchy (usually with a negative connotation) and libertarianism.

justatrey
12-04-2011, 07:55 PM
I was disappointed he didn't mention the 16th amendment as well, but then I remembered that he's trying to win an election and the majority of Republicans do NOT want to end the income tax. They have been conditioned since birth to think that it's just part of life they need to accept. The majority of Americans would view ending the income tax as a radical idea.

I think he left this out intentionally, and didn't fall into their trap. Well played, Mr. Paul.

Steppenwolf6
12-04-2011, 10:19 PM
I was disappointed he didn't mention the 16th amendment as well, but then I remembered that he's trying to win an election and the majority of Republicans do NOT want to end the income tax. They have been conditioned since birth to think that it's just part of life they need to accept. The majority of Americans would view ending the income tax as a radical idea.

I think he left this out intentionally, and didn't fall into their trap. Well played, Mr. Paul.
Yes,very well played,even from a strategical view point.

I would disagree with the conservative republicans not being in favor of ending income tax,i hear a LOT of them in favor of completely getting rid of it.

seapilot
12-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Neoconservatives love the income tax and the 16th amendement. Without it how could the USA afford to give away all that foreign aid and have bases all over the world?

beardedlinen
12-04-2011, 10:40 PM
haha...looks like i outed another newt supporter..

and BTW, the post you neg repped me on was edited by the mods.

Get your head out of your ass.

Seriously.

I was disappointed by his performance on Huckabee's forum as were many others who posted in this thread. At the same time, he knocked the State of The Union interview out of the park.

I can't tell if you're trolling or simply stupid, so from now on I'll just ignore you.

Bye!

beardedlinen
12-04-2011, 10:41 PM

But he's continually brought this up, in recent debates as well...

I thought a large chunk of GOP'ers wanted to see the Income Tax done away with.

ryanmkeisling
12-04-2011, 10:46 PM

I did notice them kind of nudging each other, and grimacing out of the sides of their mouths. The second time they had to warn him about the time(right before a commercial,) Huckabee was almost smiling. They knew he would have trouble with that format being, as he is, very precise in what he says and often longwinded.) Concision is not his strong suit but that is one of his qualities IMHO.

Unknown.User
12-04-2011, 10:51 PM
There is nothing to be gained from attacking one another. An honest evaluation of performance is appropriate since it aides one another in picking out clips for videos or interviews to post links to.

Overall I share the opinion that this interview had its rough moments on part due to the rushing of the moderators combined with their change in demeanor relative to Bachman prior to Paul's appearance. However there were also some good sound bytes which warrant consideration for grassroots videos. I especially enjoyed his discussion of book choice at the end.

Take what is good from this appearance, value the opinion of others, and lets move on.

Steppenwolf6
12-04-2011, 10:52 PM
Of course seapilot,but the sionist 50-60 neo con "authorities" in power and their cronies are not " the people".

The conservative tribes and their "intellectuals" like Rush Limbaugh HATE the income tax.

Revolution9
12-05-2011, 05:25 AM
And THIS while people are working their asses off ,creating enthusiasm and we are all SO CLOSE to a win against all odds and the powers that be!
I am speechless..i don't want to debase myself further..

Sorry ,this people,the comfortable "critics" sitting on a sofa piss me off big time

Get riled pal. I am tired of taking on the whole bunch.

Rev9