PDA

View Full Version : Did the forum minimize Paul's possition...

tangent4ronpaul
12-04-2011, 02:41 AM
by letting other candidates impersonate people that are strong Constitutionalists and limited government types?

It's clear that the other candidates were being very two faced as to their positions as they are all for talking up the Constitution when it suites their purpose and ignoring it at all other times and they are all big government, establishment types.

What I heard when it came to states rights was keeping the mess, but making states pay for it.

Was this all about hoodwinking the public and trying to make the other candidates look more like Paul?

what do others think?

-t

unknown
12-04-2011, 05:14 AM
No question. Like the Tea Party, Ron Paul's entire platform has been co-opted.

Even his write up on the Des Moines Register's caucus page makes mention of it:

National Journal: Presidential Power Rankings

“It’s ironic: As more contenders adopt his policies (Huntsman wants out of Afghanistan, Gingrich is all for auditing the Fed), Paul is becoming increasingly marginalized.”

http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/candidates/ron-paul/

wgadget
12-04-2011, 06:19 AM
I don't think so...WHO do you think marginalized his position? I thought that he got his point across re the Constitution as well as anyone else there. In fact, the others were doing a States Rights vs. Federal Rights dance that really didn't make any sense.

tangent4ronpaul
12-04-2011, 06:56 AM
I don't think so...WHO do you think marginalized his position? I thought that he got his point across re the Constitution as well as anyone else there. In fact, the others were doing a States Rights vs. Federal Rights dance that really didn't make any sense.

Who? - FOX. Yes, he got his position across well, but the other candidates - esp Romney and Perry listed off all sorts of unconstitutional BS and then swore allegiance to strictly following the constitution and they were counting on the lemmings not knowing what is in the constitution. Perry was particularly disgusting pulling out out a copy of the "constitution" (that looked like a flier for a gay steam bath) as a closer. None of the AG's called them on the laundry list of unconstitutional BS they were spouting.

The "after show" w/ judge jeneane and Huck was a RP slam fest. OTOH, FOX and Friends this morn has been a RP love fest.

This states rights thing is really being spun. The DC version of this is taking everything Congress has totally fucked up (entitlements, education, etc) and dump it on the states while still controlling funding (taxes) and passing on a smaller number of $$$ as well as blame to the states to continue the same flawed policies. This is otherwise known as 50 ovens of innovation and 10th amendment rights - comes complete with lower funding and puppet strings!

Does the game make more sense now? You know - the lies and doublespeak?

They are trying to sell the others like they are RP, and it's just a huge manipulation of the public. Pretty slick manipulation relying on the public being largely ignorant. Thank you public fools system!

-t

tangent4ronpaul
12-04-2011, 07:04 AM
Santorum was was particularly disgusting. He wears his religion on his sleve and wants to shove it down the rest of the countries throat via executive (dictatorial) order.

btw: Perry has been running ads out here (we vote April 3rd) saying he would put Congress on half time and half pay. How does he do that legally? He's also a lead by executive order guy.

-t