PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee debate : Is Ron a Constitutional hypocrite on social security?

Crickett
12-04-2011, 12:03 AM
http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/10051-huckabee-debate-is-ron-paul-a-constitutional-hypocrite-on-social-security

Pretty good article. Maybe the title will get people to read it..:)

agaiziunas
12-04-2011, 12:07 AM
bump

sailingaway
12-04-2011, 12:07 AM
No, he is starting from today, and sees it as a contract right, so he'll fund it by cuts elsewhere, and let kids opt out, so it won't go on forever.

matt0611
12-04-2011, 12:17 AM
I don't think so, I mean, you can't get rid of everything over night, I wouldn't just cancel everyone's SS tomorrow. People have planned around this stuff.
Some things you can change immediately, department of education, HUD, illegal wars, etc
SS is not one of those things that can be removed overnight without causing a lot of harm.
I mean, if you have a transition plan for ending it, how is that a hypocrite?

affa
12-04-2011, 01:12 AM
excellent article

Akus
12-04-2011, 01:32 AM
well there goes my vote. I guess I'll just vote for Obama. Or may be just sit at home and complain that nothing ever changes.....

bluesc
12-04-2011, 01:38 AM
well there goes my vote. I guess I'll just vote for Obama. Or may be just sit at home and complain that nothing ever changes.....

Sums up the reddit mentality. They were complaining about the NDAA, and how the US is a bipartisan police state, someone suggested voting Ron Paul in the primaries.. "BUT EVOLUTION.. AND ABORTION!"