PDA

View Full Version : How is Gingrich different than Romney

Umbro2914
12-03-2011, 05:44 PM
Besides that they are both flip floppers.
Many say they are going to Gingrich because they can never support Romney (obama lite etc etc.) Whats the difference in the two? (policy wise)

Well I wanted to counter that and show that the differences between the two are minimal. Is this true? Do they stand for preety much the same? (I rememeber from the debate that Gingrich seemed more pro amnesty than Romney, but any other issues where they do not see eye to eye? )

sailingaway
12-03-2011, 05:49 PM
I actually think Romney is less slimy than Gingrich. At least, I dislike Romney's POLICIES but I haven't heard anything to make me think he is sheerly unethical.

But both supported mandatory individual insurance mandate and TARP. Gingrich pushed for NAFTA and the WTO, and I am sure Romney supports both.

Lavitz
12-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Gingrich is even more supportive of individual mandates than Romney. Romney does not (currently) support an individual mandate at the federal level, while Gingrich does. And yet somehow Gingrich has become the anti-Romney candidate for conservatives who don't trust Romney's record on healthcare. This issue really needs to come up again in the news cycle.

Patrick Henry
12-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Same here.
I actually think Romney is less slimy than Gingrich.

kylejack
12-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Romney will say anything to get elected whereas Gingrich will say anything to make a buck.

Umbro2914
12-03-2011, 05:53 PM
All you hear is that Gingrich is more "conservative" than Romney, but they would both be just anther Obama/Bush big government president. What has Gingrich said about making the government smaller?

I think this is an important point for Gingrich supporters / Cain supporters thinking of supporting Gingrich. Most people support him because he is not Romney, but what exactly does he support that is so different than what Romney supports.

EBounding
12-03-2011, 05:55 PM
I've had the same question too. Which is why it's bewildering that Newt is climbing as the "anti-Romney".

I guess it's because there's no one left except Paul.

sailingaway
12-03-2011, 06:01 PM
also, I'm not really sure Romney is different on immigration. He dodged the question when he was asked what he would do about those here a long time after the border was secured. That is a question MOST tend to dodge.

seapilot
12-03-2011, 06:08 PM
Newt = Full on facist state he would be the first dictator after he starts Global WW3 and opens mass prison camps to detain any non futurists or internationalists.

Romney= Obamalite, no change stay on same path of more stimulus while tinkering with tax code for big corps and banks.

unknown
12-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Romney is Obamacare, pro gun control and pro choice.

Newt is all of the above AND hes a carbon credit climate changer, globalist member of the CFR and the Bohemian Grove having voted for NAFTA, GATT, the WTO and the UN.

RDM
12-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Romney got rich off Wall Street and Newt got rich off taxpayers. Other than that, they're pretty much the same.

iamse7en
12-03-2011, 10:57 PM
Romney got rich off Wall Street and Newt got rich off taxpayers. Other than that, they're pretty much the same.

Romney was doing Private Equity before it was cool. And PE, especially in those days, isn't exactly "Wall Street." It also wasn't as slimy as it is now. It's a much more rigged/corrupt game these days (like hedge funds), but Romney was a good businessman, building companies from the ground-up.

Romney is a decent man, but untrustworthy (not to mention completely wrong on understanding the Constitution, which disqualifies him from this office, but that's neither here nor there these days). Newt is evil. I'm telling you, this guy is the definition of a parasite... all his wealth, power, influence, and sex comes by virtue of his office and conniving, back-room activities. Romney is at least self-made man (yes, I know he was born into George Romney's family, was given a huge leg-up than most in this world, but he still earned all that money himself, legally). Romney wishes he could be in the CFR, NWO crowd, and Newt is one of their agents. This guy will do anything to give himself power, and the way you do that is cave to globalist interests. But you're essentially right; on policy, they aren't much different. But on living a moral life, it's not even close.

matt0611
12-03-2011, 11:00 PM
Newt = Full on facist state he would be the first dictator after he starts Global WW3 and opens mass prison camps to detain any non futurists or internationalists.

Romney= Obamalite, no change stay on same path of more stimulus while tinkering with tax code for big corps and banks.

Pretty much this.
Romney sucks, but he's a slight improvement over Obama.

Gingrich is just a full blown fascist.

seyferjm
12-03-2011, 11:03 PM
Newt come off way sleazier, IMO.

Carehn
12-03-2011, 11:08 PM
I was talking to my grandmother last night about this. She said she like Gingrich because at least he is not romney. In an honest question i asked what makes them different. I didn't mean it as a gotcha question i was generally asking and she could not tell me. Then I felt bad because i think i heart my grandmothers fillers.

It was not meant to do that. But in the end a point was made.

milo10
12-03-2011, 11:20 PM
Romney was doing Private Equity before it was cool. And PE, especially in those days, isn't exactly "Wall Street." It also wasn't as slimy as it is now. It's a much more rigged/corrupt game these days (like hedge funds), but Romney was a good businessman, building companies from the ground-up.

Romney is a decent man, but untrustworthy (not to mention completely wrong on understanding the Constitution, which disqualifies him from this office, but that's neither here nor there these days). Newt is evil. I'm telling you, this guy is the definition of a parasite... all his wealth, power, influence, and sex comes by virtue of his office and conniving, back-room activities. Romney is at least self-made man (yes, I know he was born into George Romney's family, was given a huge leg-up than most in this world, but he still earned all that money himself, legally). Romney wishes he could be in the CFR, NWO crowd, and Newt is one of their agents. This guy will do anything to give himself power, and the way you do that is cave to globalist interests. But you're essentially right; on policy, they aren't much different. But on living a moral life, it's not even close.

Excellent summation. Newt is a particularly wicked man. He's not just your typical politician.

Student Of Paulism
12-03-2011, 11:26 PM
Excellent summation. Newt is a particularly wicked man. He's not just your typical politician.

Yep. Randall Flagg, basically. And all devils, as the good book tells us (not trying to preach here), always talk a great game, speak really well, debate really well, listen very well, and are masters at manipulation and conniving, just like Newt :-/

lucent
12-03-2011, 11:27 PM
We need a chart that shows how Newt, Romney, and Obama all support the same things.

amy31416
12-03-2011, 11:34 PM
Romney's a Mormon, and he's actually implemented a mandate health-care plan that Obamacare was allegedly based on.

Gingrich is an alleged Christian career-politician who's a total sleazebag, no matter what angle you view him from.

If I was doing the "lesser of two evils" thing these days, I'd say that Romney is the lesser in that he at least doesn't seem to have as much proven sleazebaggery...however, his list of advisors is so laden with seriously horrifying proven neoconservatives, that I could never pull the handle for him. The presidency is moreso the people surrounding him than the actual man himself, and I think it's quite telling that Romney surrounded himself with these people.

So...NOBP.

ghengis86
12-03-2011, 11:50 PM
Newt has had more wives despite Romney being the mormon. Go figure

Echoes
12-03-2011, 11:51 PM
Romno, Gingo, Obango...no difference.

Miss Annie
12-04-2011, 12:08 AM
We need a chart that shows how Newt, Romney, and Obama all support the same things.

I think this is a great idea! Some people are definitely more visually oriented! :)

ghengis86
12-04-2011, 12:15 AM
I think this is a great idea! Some people are definitely more visually oriented! :)

like this?http://www.barrykuzay.com/uploads/4/2/2/9/4229540/697270.jpg?513

Zarn Solen
12-04-2011, 12:41 AM
Like that, but it should focus on GOP voters.
It could have the Federal Reserve and Deficit Spending but not the War on Drugs.

Just Paul, Romney, and Mr. Amphibian