PDA

View Full Version : The Politicians We Can Trust

John F Kennedy III
12-03-2011, 03:38 PM
*** I have a much bigger and better thread than this in the works. I'm thinking about starting a thread that will serve as a way to form a rough draft and to add/polish ideas. I'm considering giving it 2-3 sub threads so that everything will be organized and presentable. I will need alot of help though because I rely on my mobile phone internet even more than when I made this thread a year ago.***

After a long slow process I have finally finalized my list to the best of my ability. One of my reasons for creating this list is to see what politicians we can support in future elections (for their current office or President, etc) and to see who is actually on our side and who we need to work to remove from office (all politicians not on this list need to be removed from office. Of course we also need to pay attention to those on the list, since they can backstab us at any time. This list is very short and we need to work to grow it in future elections.

Drum roll please....

The Senators:

Out of 100 Senators there are only TWO that we can trust:

Rand Paul (R-Kentucky)
Mike Lee (R-Utah).

The filters were: PATRIOT ACT, The Bailout, TARP, Obamacare, Federal Reserve, the Debt Ceiling vote (08/02/11) and National Defense Authorization Act (vote was December 1st).

The Representatives:

Out of 435 members of the House of Representatives there are only THREE that we can trust. They are:

Ron Paul (R-Texas)
Justin Amash (R-Michigan)
Walter Jones (R-North Carolina)

The filters were: PATRIOT ACT, The Bailout, TARP, Obamacare, Federal Reserve, the Debt Ceiling vote (08/02/11) and National Defense Authorization Act (House voted in May).

The Governors:

Out of 50 Governors there are only FOUR that we can trust:

Robert J. Bentley (R-Ala)
Butch Otter (R-ID)
Jack Dalrymple (R-ND)
Dennis Daugaard (R-SD)

The filtering for Governors was largely arbitrary, I tried to eliminate them on issues similar to the filters I used on Senators and Representatives and whether they have acted like big government politicians or not.

Please let me know if you feel this list is incomplete. Please give reasons why said politician should be included or removed.

P.S. I know the left-right paradigm is a sham, but I find it interesting that ALL are Republicans.

John F Kennedy III
12-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Please let me know what you guys think :)

Feeding the Abscess
12-03-2011, 04:52 PM
If you add in a non-interventionist foreign policy, Rand and Lee are out, on accord of voting for sanctions on Iran. And, I contend, for being okay with language in the pre-no-fly-zone Libya bill that called for Qaddafi's ouster and material support for undercover and rebel forces there and presumably in other places in Northern Africa/Middle East.

Putting two and two together from Amash's statements on foreign policy - he's stated that he disagrees with Ron on some aspects, and voiced concerns about how Ron would prevent Iran from getting a nuke - Amash will also vote for the sanctions on Iran.

That leaves us with Dr. Ronald Earnest Paul. That's it. That's the list.

John F Kennedy III
12-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Any opinions about the 5 governors on the list?

AlexG
12-03-2011, 06:20 PM
Didn't Mike Lee vote for the NDAA?

Brian4Liberty
12-03-2011, 07:50 PM
Wish I could help you add some people to the list.

If you are just concerned with fiscal issues, DeMint is usually on our side.

juleswin
12-03-2011, 07:59 PM
If you add in a non-interventionist foreign policy, Rand and Lee are out, on accord of voting for sanctions on Iran. And, I contend, for being okay with language in the pre-no-fly-zone Libya bill that called for Qaddafi's ouster and material support for undercover and rebel forces there and presumably in other places in Northern Africa/Middle East.

Putting two and two together from Amash's statements on foreign policy - he's stated that he disagrees with Ron on some aspects, and voiced concerns about how Ron would prevent Iran from getting a nuke - Amash will also vote for the sanctions on Iran.

That leaves us with Dr. Ronald Earnest Paul. That's it. That's the list.

Couldnt agree anymore with your post. Mike Lee voted for the National defence authorization act and listening to Rand talk about how suspect terrorist would definitely be found guilty of their crimes just makes me wanna throw up. But if we are going to reduce our standards to the point where Mike Lee is acceptable, then we might as well add Gov Scott Walker for the fight to save Wisconsin tax payersfrom being ripped off by the govt unions

Bosco Warden
12-03-2011, 08:05 PM
While I dont always agree with his politics I do think Dennis Kucinich can be trusted with whatever he says.

Is this trust, or similar ideologies?

Brian4Liberty
12-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Once again, if you are talking fiscal matters, Tom McClintock from California is not the worst...

GeorgiaAvenger
12-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Once again, if you are talking fiscal matters, Tom McClintock from California is not the worst...
I like the other Californian, Dana Rohrabacher too

John F Kennedy III
12-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Couldnt agree anymore with your post. Mike Lee voted for the National defence authorization act and listening to Rand talk about how suspect terrorist would definitely be found guilty of their crimes just makes me wanna throw up. But if we are going to reduce our standards to the point where Mike Lee is acceptable, then we might as well add Gov Scott Walker for the fight to save Wisconsin tax payersfrom being ripped off by the govt unions

I'll take Mike Lee off asap.

John F Kennedy III
12-03-2011, 08:42 PM
While I dont always agree with his politics I do think Dennis Kucinich can be trusted with whatever he says.

Is this trust, or similar ideologies?

Trust to do what is right for the people, at least on the major issues, which is one purpose of the filters.

John F Kennedy III
12-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Wish I could help you add some people to the list.

If you are just concerned with fiscal issues, DeMint is usually on our side.

If they aren't on the list I have already looked at them and eliminated them. I guess we could make a "trust most of the time" list

GunnyFreedom
12-03-2011, 08:52 PM
What's wrong with Walter Jones?

John F Kennedy III
12-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Mike Lee voted NO on NDAA, but YES on four amendments to it. I'm on my cellphone so unless someone can tell me what is in those amendments or post the text of them I'll have to wait until tomorrow to check it out.

John F Kennedy III
12-03-2011, 09:11 PM

Voted yes on NDAA, passed all other filters, as did 8 other reps and 1 senator.

Forty Twice
12-03-2011, 09:31 PM
Why in the world did these guys vote for NDAA? That's what I want to know.

Forty Twice
12-03-2011, 09:34 PM
He's not currently in Congress right now, but Alan Grayson struck me as a Democrat to be trusted along the lines of Dennis Kucinich. I'd rather grow the movement in the
direction of some independent minded Democrats rather than bought and paid for fiscal conservatives like De Mint. Just saying I trust Kucinich/Grayson more than De Mint.

John F Kennedy III
12-03-2011, 09:55 PM
Why in the world did these guys vote for NDAA? That's what I want to know.

They are NWO puppets for the most part.

John F Kennedy III
12-03-2011, 09:57 PM
He's not currently in Congress right now, but Alan Grayson struck me as a Democrat to be trusted along the lines of Dennis Kucinich. I'd rather grow the movement in the
direction of some independent minded Democrats rather than bought and paid for fiscal conservatives like De Mint. Just saying I trust Kucinich/Grayson more than De Mint.

I don't know who Grayson is, but I don't trust the other two.

GeorgiaAvenger
12-03-2011, 10:19 PM

Some of the positions on this site are pro-war but other claims against Jones are legitimate. http://www.removerinos.com/jones.php

White Bear Lake
12-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Michael Baumgartner, who's running for Senate next year in Washington State, is good. He's currently a state senator and at the moment looks to be the most likely to win the nomination. Look him up.

ShaneEnochs
12-03-2011, 10:30 PM
I was so sad that my governor-turned-Senator voted for the detention bill. I voted for him too =\

Nastynate
12-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Didn't Mike Lee vote for the NDAA? Mike Lee didn't vote for the NDAA.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=s2011-218

look at the roll call, says he voted no.

I still trust Mike Lee. Not everyone can be perfect, hell even Ron Paul isn't. Just have to convince Lee and Rand Paul the follies of their way.

John F Kennedy III
12-03-2011, 10:37 PM
Ron Paul is the only one where there is no real compromise. Everyone else, if they ran for president, you would have to compromise on something or you wouldn't have a candidate to support.

However, in my opinion, none of the issues listed as filters can be compromised on.

John F Kennedy III
12-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Michael Baumgartner, who's running for Senate next year in Washington State, is good. He's currently a state senator and at the moment looks to be the most likely to win the nomination. Look him up.

Awesome. Will do.

mikeforliberty
12-03-2011, 10:40 PM
If they aren't on the list I have already looked at them and eliminated them. I guess we could make a "trust most of the time" list

I don't think we should. Our country got here on compromise. I love this list idea and we need to maintain a no compromise list.

No Free Beer
12-03-2011, 10:43 PM
I'm telling ya...Rand will def be our future President.

ShaneEnochs
12-03-2011, 10:51 PM

I'm not sure I could vote for him. He's definitely doing a lot in the liberty movement as far as his voting record is concerned, but his foreign policy concerns me.

GeorgiaAvenger
12-03-2011, 11:14 PM
I'm not sure I could vote for him. He's definitely doing a lot in the liberty movement as far as his voting record is concerned, but his foreign policy concerns me.In other words you are a Ron-only voter?

John F Kennedy III
12-03-2011, 11:20 PM
I don't think we should. Our country got here on compromise. I love this list idea and we need to maintain a no compromise list.

Thanks man. I meant it as a seperate list though, but this list is best and I don't want any other. I just wish there were more politicians we could trust :(

BamaAla
12-03-2011, 11:21 PM
Jimmy Duncan from Tennessee?

John F Kennedy III
12-03-2011, 11:22 PM

This is 100% guaranteed fact.

nigh_eve
12-03-2011, 11:35 PM
50 Governors[/B] there are only FIVE that we can trust:

Robert J. Bentley (R-Ala)
Butch Otter (R-ID)
Jack Dalrymple (R-ND)
Dennis Daugaard (R-SD)
Matt Mead (R-WY)

The filtering for Governors was largely arbitrary, I tried to eliminate them on issues similar to the filters I used on Senators and Representatives and whether they have acted like big government politicians or not.

Please let me know if you feel this list is incomplete. Please give reasons why said politician should be included or removed.

Ken Cuccinelli -- moderator in tonight's Huckabee debate -- running for VA Gov in 2012! I voted for him in 08/09 based on a RP network advisory... He seems solid -- Depending on the fallout of the debate -- I think I'll support him again.

John F Kennedy III
12-04-2011, 12:36 AM
Ken Cuccinelli -- moderator in tonight's Huckabee debate -- running for VA Gov in 2012! I voted for him in 08/09 based on a RP network advisory... He seems solid -- Depending on the fallout of the debate -- I think I'll support him again.

Nice.

Slutter McGee
12-04-2011, 01:30 PM
This really is completely arbitrary. Earmarking leads to corruption. Dr. Paul earmarks bills. Is Dr. Paul corrupt?

No.

The idea that we can only trust a politician if they vote with libertarian ideals on every single vote is asinine.

There are great guys. Ron, Amash, Rand, Lee.

There are good guys who are sometimes our allies: Flake, Chaffetz, Demint, Coburn, McClintock, etc.

There are guys who completely suck: Graham, McCain, Lieberman, Pelosi etc.

Then there are guys who are just somewhere in the middle playing the political game: Rubio, Boehner, etc.

This idea that you are 100% with us or you are evil needs to be dismissed. These things exist in degrees. And it sounds a lot like a certain Bush quote: "You are either with us, or you are with the terrorists"

Bullshit,

Slutter McGee

Jingles
12-04-2011, 01:58 PM
While even though he didn't meet your filter I'd say add Rep. Walter Jones to your list. He has been like Ron Paul's best friend in Washington DC and probably votes with us about 90% of the time. I think him and Justin Amash are the only two representatives in congress who have endorsed Ron Paul for president.

John F Kennedy III
12-04-2011, 05:33 PM
While even though he didn't meet your filter I'd say add Rep. Walter Jones to your list. He has been like Ron Paul's best friend in Washington DC and probably votes with us about 90% of the time. I think him and Justin Amash are the only two representatives in congress who have endorsed Ron Paul for president.

And then he voted for NDAA. How can we trust someone that voted for that?

John F Kennedy III
12-04-2011, 05:35 PM
This really is completely arbitrary. Earmarking leads to corruption. Dr. Paul earmarks bills. Is Dr. Paul corrupt?

No.

The idea that we can only trust a politician if they vote with libertarian ideals on every single vote is asinine.

There are great guys. Ron, Amash, Rand, Lee.

There are good guys who are sometimes our allies: Flake, Chaffetz, Demint, Coburn, McClintock, etc.

There are guys who completely suck: Graham, McCain, Lieberman, Pelosi etc.

Then there are guys who are just somewhere in the middle playing the political game: Rubio, Boehner, etc.

This idea that you are 100% with us or you are evil needs to be dismissed. These things exist in degrees. And it sounds a lot like a certain Bush quote: "You are either with us, or you are with the terrorists"

Bullshit,

Slutter McGee

The governor part is the only part that is somewhat arbitrary. And I'm not a libertarian, I just happen to think that if a politician voted for one of the things used as a filter, they can't be trusted.

Elfshadow
12-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Im wondering why Connie Mack of the 14th district in Florida was elimaniated. Was thinking of voting for him for Senator in Florida, and was just starting to research him. Im looking for someone to replace Bill Nelson.

John F Kennedy III
12-04-2011, 06:00 PM
Im wondering why Connie Mack of the 14th district in Florida was elimaniated. Was thinking of voting for him for Senator in Florida, and was just starting to research him. Im looking for someone to replace Bill Nelson.

He was one of the awesome 11 reps that made it through every filter. Then I checked the rep votes for NDAA and 9 of them voted for it, Mack included.

I'm thinking of doing a thread, which would be a long project, that breaks down each politician and how they voted on each filter.

What do you guys think?

Elfshadow
12-04-2011, 06:04 PM
I thought the House version did not have the detention clauses in it?

GeorgiaAvenger
I know he is good on fiscal issues(Penny plan is very good), patriot act, and tsa

Definite upgrade over Nelson

ronpaul12
Dont know much about governor, I live in NJ Christie is better than what we had but he supports Mitt Romney so hes off that list..

John F Kennedy III
12-04-2011, 06:14 PM
I thought the House version did not have the detention clauses in it?

Here is a good article on the House Version:

http://www.infowars.com/ron-paul-house-floor-speech-republic-almost-completely-dead/

Elfshadow
12-04-2011, 06:21 PM
Here is a good article on the House Version:

http://www.infowars.com/ron-paul-house-floor-speech-republic-almost-completely-dead/

Looks like Im going to have to do some more looking into the 4-5 people running.

John F Kennedy III
12-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Looks like Im going to have to do some more looking into the 4-5 people running.

Yep. It sucks that this is what America has turned into :(

Ashhhhh
12-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Barack Obama (D) $7,316,006
Ron Paul (R-Texas) $5,213,999
George W. Bush (R) $12,991,720
John Kerry (D-Mass) $231,722,794
Jay Rockefeller (D-WVa) $99,057,011
John McCain (R-Ariz) $16,017,639
Hillary Clinton (D-NY) $31,197,005
Darrell Issa (R-Calif) $448,125,017
Alcee L. Hastings (D-Fla) $-4,732,002 (4 million in debt wtf)

FortisKID
01-24-2012, 03:14 PM
Can we trust Gov. Rick Snyder?

GunnyFreedom
01-24-2012, 05:56 PM
Meh. They call Paul a "RINO" too and they are wrong. I trust Walter Jones. Ron Paul trusts Walter Jones. Jones and Paul have endorsed each other. One bad vote on the NDAA is unfortunate indeed, but I'm willing to bet he cosponsors and votes for Paul's bill to remove the detention piece. Knowing how Jones thinks, I am confident he hated the detention pice, but felt that defeating the NDAA would put the troops in danger from lack of supplies, food, equipment etc. He has come around 99.8% to Paul's foreign policy based on meeting wounded and damaged troops. So understanding his motivation leads me to understand his NDAA vote as a choice between two horrible outcomes, so he votes to keep the troops safe. I would have voted with Paul, but I don't reject Jones for this vote because of one vote that I understand his motivation on.

So I trust him. I even contributed to him and endorsed him. I will continue to trust Walter Jones.

John F Kennedy III
01-24-2012, 06:06 PM
Meh. They call Paul a "RINO" too and they are wrong. I trust Walter Jones. Ron Paul trusts Walter Jones. Jones and Paul have endorsed each other. One bad vote on the NDAA is unfortunate indeed, but I'm willing to bet he cosponsors and votes for Paul's bill to remove the detention piece. Knowing how Jones thinks, I am confident he hated the detention pice, but felt that defeating the NDAA would put the troops in danger from lack of supplies, food, equipment etc. He has come around 99.8% to Paul's foreign policy based on meeting wounded and damaged troops. So understanding his motivation leads me to understand his NDAA vote as a choice between two horrible outcomes, so he votes to keep the troops safe. I would have voted with Paul, but I don't reject Jones for this vote because of one vote that I understand his motivation on.

So I trust him. I even contributed to him and endorsed him. I will continue to trust Walter Jones.

I eliminated 9 reps based on their May vote on NDAA. Should I put them all back on the list?

Their May vote on NDAA was the only bad vote I found for any of those 9.

GunnyFreedom
01-24-2012, 06:08 PM
I eliminated 9 reps based on their May vote on NDAA. Should I put them all back on the list?

Their May vote on NDAA was the only bad vote I found for any of those 9.

No, you did right, I would only take Jones off the NDAA list because I know him and where he's coming from.

As a criteria, I'd suggest people who cosponsor or vote for Pauls bill to remove the detention piece from the NDAA could redeem them from the NDAA filter.

John F Kennedy III
01-24-2012, 06:13 PM
No, you did right, I would only take Jones off the NDAA list because I know him and where he's coming from.

As a criteria, I'd suggest people who cosponsor or vote for Pauls bill to remove the detention piece from the NDAA could redeem them from the NDAA filter.

Will do. And good idea. When does that come up for vote?

Kingfisher
01-24-2012, 06:16 PM
Politicians we can trust:
1. Ron Paul

Shane Harris
01-24-2012, 06:20 PM
Help make that more. We NEED to get behind Marc Scaringi running for US Senate in my state of PA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpK3k9IDu2Q&list=LLgBJ_rF35THVBMz8qrAgU6g&index=4&feature=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0fBfCY-wwU&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB_YJ3cHAu4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OBuINSGD5E&feature=autoplay&list=ULnB_YJ3cHAu4&lf=mfu_in_order&playnext=1
http://www.scaringiforsenate2012.com/

John F Kennedy III
01-24-2012, 06:23 PM

Added Walter Jones back :)

GunnyFreedom
01-24-2012, 06:23 PM
Will do. And good idea. When does that come up for vote?

It probably won't if leadership has anything to say about it. They sure don't want Paul getting credit for anything. That's why I included cosponsorships. We'll have to get ahold of the bill number and start instructing our Congress Critters to cosponsor it.

GunnyFreedom
01-24-2012, 06:26 PM
Added Walter Jones back :)

Thanks for trusting me enough to do that. I don't trust Jones as much as Paul, since he is not originally a Pauler-platform but a convert, but he is right up there IMHO. He is definitely top-5 in my book, and in that environment, that's a tough road to hoe.

Shane Harris
01-24-2012, 06:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frhdeC9iFoY&feature=autoplay&list=ULhTTFayqrLww&lf=mfu_in_order&playnext=3

Shane Harris
01-24-2012, 06:31 PM
Marc Scaringi's platform

A Vision to Restore America
Fiscally Responsible
Constitutionally Conservative

America is in a crisis caused by the borrow-and-spend, tax-and-regulate policies of President Obama and Senator Casey. The Obama-Casey Agenda has led to the loss of millions of jobs and caused the greatest economic crisis since the Great Depression.

That is why I feel compelled to go to Washington to help stop the Obama-Casey Agenda in its tracks – from their czars, to their job-destroying EPA to ObamaCare – and return our country to the Constitution and the principles our our Founding Fathers – freedom, liberty, independence, self-reliance and personal responsibility. This is my Free America Agenda.

The Free America Agenda

Free America from the burden of our massive annual budget deficits and National Debt by passing a Balanced Budget Amendment. The uncontrolled borrowing and spending has ground our economy to a halt and brought us to the edge of ruin. We must cut significant amounts of government spending now, abolish entire federal departments and balance our budget this year and every year. A Balanced Budget Amendment will save us from bankruptcy, restart the economy and result in a smaller and more limited government.

Free America from the stranglehold our career politicians have over our government by passing a Term Limit Amendment. Too often our career politicians do what is in the best interest of the special interest groups who get and keep them elected, instead of doing what is right for our country. The result is a massive federal government that controls every aspect of our lives and businesses and takes our freedoms and liberties from us. A return to government of and by the people, instead of government by a protected political class, will restore the ideals of our Founding Fathers — self-government by a free people.

Free American taxpayers and small businesses from the oppression of the federal government by repealing the 16th Amendment, abolishing the Internal Revenue Code and the I.R.S. and eliminating job-crushing regulations. By freeing Americans from the federal income tax, allowing us to keep the fruits of our own labor and by eliminating these job-crushing regulations, we will unleash the entrepreneurial spirit and energy of the American people and will lift our economy up, put millions of Americans back to work and bring prosperity to all.

Free America from our dependence on foreign energy and once again make America not only energy independent but the leading energy producer in the world by developing here and now coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear energy. The Marcellus Shale natural gas deposit is a great gift to the people of Pennsylvania. The Marcellus Shale is adding billions of dollars to our economy and tens of thousands of good paying jobs. We must stop Senator Casey’s attack on the Marcellus Shale and allow Pennsylvania to resume its proper place as the leading energy producing, mining, manufacturing and industrial state in the country, if not the world.

Free America from the harmful policies of the Federal Reserve by stopping it from manipulating interest rates, printing money out of thin air and trying to plan and control our economy. We must return to a sound money monetary policy and put the Federal Reserve on the path to extinction. Returning to sound money and private banking, will restore freedom to our “free” enterprise system, stop the malinvestment and monetary “bubbles,” foster real economic growth and job creation and stop the scourge of inflation.

Free America from this self-imposed moral duty to “Police the World” or “Make the World Safe for Democracy” or establish a “New World Order” that at the end of the day means more American blood spilt and American treasure spent fighting other people’s wars. We must have the most powerful military on Earth, but we must use it only to defend the national security interests of the American people. We must stop nation building around the world, stop intervening in the internal politics of foreign countries, end all foreign aid and bring our troops home. We must return to the foreign policy of our Founding Fathers – we are a Republic, not an Empire.

John F Kennedy III
01-24-2012, 06:37 PM
Thanks for trusting me enough to do that. I don't trust Jones as much as Paul, since he is not originally a Pauler-platform but a convert, but he is right up there IMHO. He is definitely top-5 in my book, and in that environment, that's a tough road to hoe.

I agree and you're welcome.

Hopefully we can force to put Paul's amendment up for vote and pass it.

GunnyFreedom
02-01-2012, 09:03 AM
Hey, check it out! Remember how I said Walter Jones would cosponsor Paul's bill to remove the Indefinite Detention piece from the NDAA?

Well, sure enough:

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/112-h3785/show

Rep. Justin Amash [R, MI-3] (http://www.opencongress.org/people/show/412438_Justin_Amash)
Added January 23, 2012

Rep. John Duncan [R, TN-2] (http://www.opencongress.org/people/show/400116_John_Duncan)
Added January 27, 2012

Rep. Walter Jones [R, NC-3] (http://www.opencongress.org/people/show/400209_Walter_Jones)
Added January 24, 2012
Amazing... :D

Amash was just a weeeeee sliver ahead of Jones on the cosponsorship. Didn't really expect Duncan, but hey, the more the merrier! :D

GunnyFreedom
02-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Jones is even the only Republican to cosponsor a partisan Democratic bill to bandaid the problem. This bill is radically inferior to Paul's bill, but it demonstrates Jones's seriousness with which he means to oppose the indefinite detention piece:

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/112-h3702/show

Rep. Walter Jones [R, NC-3] (http://www.opencongress.org/people/show/400209_Walter_Jones)
Added January 23, 2012

TAnn
03-16-2012, 02:55 PM
What I find interesting is the fact that they can be counted on your fingers; only 10. How sad.

John F Kennedy III
03-16-2012, 03:48 PM
What I find interesting is the fact that they can be counted on your fingers; only 10. How sad.

And that is because I don't know how to filter the Governors any further. I doubt all 5 can be trusted.

Anti Federalist
03-16-2012, 03:52 PM
Jones is even the only Republican to cosponsor a partisan Democratic bill to bandaid the problem. This bill is radically inferior to Paul's bill, but it demonstrates Jones's seriousness with which he means to oppose the indefinite detention piece:

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/112-h3702/show

Added January 23, 2012

Jones was on Jones today.

Great interview and insight.

He seems like the real deal.

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 03:55 PM

he's squishy next to Ron. I liked him until I learned about Ron. In 2008 he said Ron did not have 'presidential caliber' then immediately after the election sought Ron's endorsement, and got it and that is the reason he carried his district.

John F Kennedy III
03-16-2012, 03:59 PM
Jones was on Jones today.

Great interview and insight.

He seems like the real deal.

I was impressed. Walter Jones for Ron's VP?

Anti Federalist
03-16-2012, 04:02 PM
I was impressed. Walter Jones for Ron's VP?

Paul/Jones...Ron Paul Jones...John Paul Jones...

I likee.

John F Kennedy III
03-16-2012, 04:58 PM
Paul/Jones...Ron Paul Jones...John Paul Jones...

I likee.

Me too.

tbone717
03-17-2012, 06:13 AM
Reading through this thread I see one glaring problem. You are focusing solely on who votes with RP 100% of the time essentially. By doing so, you are holding everyone up to a standard that is nearly impossible to reach, and by doing so you fail to see the bigger picture.

Politics is about building coalitions around specific pieces of legislation. So when you look at the major issues that face us today, you can build coaltions with like-minded people on specific issues at hand. For example, when it comes to economic policies there are many people that vote the way we would want them to vote. For FP issues, there is another group. For civil liberty issues, there is another group.

If you whittle a list down with such a narrow definition of "who can we trust" you are going to eventually arrive at the conclusion that no one can be trusted, and you will withdraw yourself from the process. However, if you look at the big picture you can see that there are many people who we can work with and advance our issues if we don't become so hyper fixated on everyone being 100% pure on 100% of the issues.

40oz
03-17-2012, 07:18 AM
I disagree, and so far this thread has shown that there is a handful of guys that we can trust. Hopefully in the near future more can be added. This should be a sticky.

Shorty Dawkins
03-17-2012, 09:41 AM
You might want to take a look at Bob Fanning, a candidate for Governor of Montana. I know him personally, he is smart and committed to freedom. He wants to kick the Feds back to their Ten Square Mile Constitutionally chartered territory. He wants the people of Montana to decide Montana's future. He is a strong supporter of Ron Paul, a Constitutionalist, a member of Oath Keepers, and a man who supports sound money and the Constitutional Militia.

Shorty Dawkins

John F Kennedy III
03-17-2012, 10:08 AM
Reading through this thread I see one glaring problem. You are focusing solely on who votes with RP 100% of the time essentially. By doing so, you are holding everyone up to a standard that is nearly impossible to reach, and by doing so you fail to see the bigger picture.

Politics is about building coalitions around specific pieces of legislation. So when you look at the major issues that face us today, you can build coaltions with like-minded people on specific issues at hand. For example, when it comes to economic policies there are many people that vote the way we would want them to vote. For FP issues, there is another group. For civil liberty issues, there is another group.

If you whittle a list down with such a narrow definition of "who can we trust" you are going to eventually arrive at the conclusion that no one can be trusted, and you will withdraw yourself from the process. However, if you look at the big picture you can see that there are many people who we can work with and advance our issues if we don't become so hyper fixated on everyone being 100% pure on 100% of the issues.

No it is about weeding out the politicians that actually care about us from the NWO puppets.

John F Kennedy III
03-17-2012, 10:10 AM
You might want to take a look at Bob Fanning, a candidate for Governor of Montana. I know him personally, he is smart and committed to freedom. He wants to kick the Feds back to their Ten Square Mile Constitutionally chartered territory. He wants the people of Montana to decide Montana's future. He is a strong supporter of Ron Paul, a Constitutionalist, a member of Oath Keepers, and a man who supports sound money and the Constitutional Militia.

Shorty Dawkins

Thank you. After the elections I will be looking into all the new politicians.

John F Kennedy III
04-04-2012, 02:19 AM
Bump

BamaAla
04-04-2012, 02:37 AM
And that is because I don't know how to filter the Governors any further. I doubt all 5 can be trusted.

We wanted Governor Bentley to fight it, but he didn't. And there is the whole supporting Santorum thing...

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20110930/news/110929694

I'm not saying that you should remove him from the list; he hasn't done a whole lot thus far, but this is a bad omen.

John F Kennedy III
04-04-2012, 03:29 AM
We wanted Governor Bentley to fight it, but he didn't. And there is the whole supporting Santorum thing...

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20110930/news/110929694

I'm not saying that you should remove him from the list; he hasn't done a whole lot thus far, but this is a bad omen.

I agree. I'll keep an eye on him. Thank you.

Brett85
04-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Paul Broun should be added to this list. He's a Constitutionalist who votes "no" with Ron when all the other house members vote "yes."

GeorgiaAvenger
04-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Paul Broun should be added to this list. He's a Constitutionalist who votes "no" with Ron when all the other house members vote "yes."

Tom Graves from GA is also good.

No one else from GA deserves to be mentioned.

MaxPower
04-04-2012, 05:52 PM
I strongly disagree with the inclusion of Butch Otter; the man supports Romney for president, and was making stump speeches for him the day of the Idaho caucus.

John F Kennedy III
04-17-2012, 01:42 AM
I strongly disagree with the inclusion of Butch Otter; the man supports Romney for president, and was making stump speeches for him the day of the Idaho caucus.

Do you have anything else on him besides that?

I'm going to make an attempt to look for dirt on the 5 governors on this list again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

azxd
04-17-2012, 08:48 AM
The Thought Crime Bill
H.R. 1955 (110th): Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/congress/bills/110/hr1955)
404 votes YEA
6 votes NAE
22 not voting

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/110-2007/h993

Nay

R

Flake, Jeff (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/congress/members/jeff_flake/400134)

AZ 6th

Nay

D

Kucinich, Dennis (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/congress/members/dennis_kucinich/400227)

OH 10th

Nay

R

Duncan, John “Jimmy” (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/congress/members/john_duncan/400116)

TN 2nd

Nay

R

Rohrabacher, Dana (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/congress/members/dana_rohrabacher/400343)

CA 46th

Nay

D

Abercrombie, Neil (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/congress/members/neil_abercrombie/400001)

HI 1st

Nay

D

Costello, Jerry (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/congress/members/jerry_costello/400082)

IL 12th

Combine this with your other criteria, and it will cut your list, considerable.
Crib notes version of the bill - http://www.lewrockwell.com/knaebel/knaebel11.html

John F Kennedy III
04-28-2012, 03:40 AM
Removed Governor Matt Mead (R-WY)

John F Kennedy III
04-28-2012, 03:40 AM
//////

GunnyFreedom
04-28-2012, 03:57 AM
I am grateful that the CISPA vote justified my defense of Walter Jones.

John F Kennedy III
04-28-2012, 04:06 AM
I am grateful that the CISPA vote justified my defense of Walter Jones.

Yes. Walter Jones is awesome. I'd love him as Ron's VP.

John F Kennedy III
09-08-2012, 12:39 PM
I'm thinking about editing this thread or making a new one that would include and rank all the current 535 in Congress and their votes on the major issues. I would also want to include liberty candidates where they are running against someone who needs to be replaced.

compromise
11-20-2012, 12:32 PM
Jones and Mack voted for NDAA? Source? It would be appreciated.

For Governors, Paul LePage and Scott Walker are fairly good. LePage is good on nullification and the IRS, he also helped out the RP 2012 campaign by meeting Ron and boycotting the RNC.

John F Kennedy III
11-20-2012, 03:12 PM
Jones and Mack voted for NDAA? Source? It would be appreciated.

For Governors, Paul LePage and Scott Walker are fairly good. LePage is good on nullification and the IRS, he also helped out the RP 2012 campaign by meeting Ron and boycotting the RNC.

Thank you. I ALWAYS appreciate more info on governors.

John F Kennedy III
11-20-2012, 03:24 PM
I have a much bigger and better thread than this in the works. I'm thinking about starting a thread that will serve as a way to form a rough draft and to add/polish ideas. I'm considering giving it 2-3 sub threads so that everything will be organized and presentable. I will need alot of help though because I rely on my mobile phone internet even more than when I made this thread a year ago.