PDA

View Full Version : Michigan vs. Ohio State Football Game: Huge Opportunity!

Rob
11-07-2007, 06:51 AM
I am Rob Johnson, chairman of the University of Michigan for Ron Paul. We're putting on what will be a major Ron Paul event at the University of Michigan on the biggest day in sports rivalry!

This will be the biggest Ron Paul Football outing of the year! We have a large group of OSU fans who will be heading to Ann Arbor to campaign side by side with us. This is a chance to make a huge statement to the ability of Paul to cut across divides. The Michigan-OSU rivalry is the biggest and most heated sports rivalry in the entire US, if we can show that Ron Paul bring us together, we will make a huge statement about how deep his support runs. In addition to the typical campaign activities, the plan is to have not one but two Ron Paul airplane banners flying at the same time! In fact the Buckeyes have already raised all the money and have set theirs up! We need to catch up with our rivals and get our plane up there! Please donate at:

http://michigan.chipin.com/

In addition to that, there is a very good chance that ESPN Gameday will cover this game. If they do, they will be have all the major commentators and crew covering football games across the nation in Ann Arbor. They always have an outside booth behind which fans can stand and hold signs. We'd like to have a giant "Michigan and Ohio State united behind Ron Paul Banner" held by Michigan and Ohio State fans behind the booth. If this happens we would literally reach MILLIONS of viewers. I can't think of a much better opportunity to make a huge splash for Ron Paul. The audience will be national and the visual impact of Michigan and Ohio State fans standing together on the most heated day of the rivalry will be unprecedented. Please contribute to our banner if possible and held make this an event they will talk about across the nation! Local and national media will be informed about this event, and judging by the reaction I already got from the Ann Arbor News, I think the media will be there.

evadmurd
11-07-2007, 06:54 AM
The Knoxville group is planning a group to walk and distribute literature before the game on Saturday. Hopefully all the games will be covered.

Rob
11-07-2007, 06:58 AM
The Knoxville group is planning a group to walk and distribute literature before the game on Saturday. Hopefully all the games will be covered.

I hope so as well. Is there anyway you could convince them to shoot some footage? We need as many different venues as possible for our video. I will pay to have it shipped to me.

Rob
11-07-2007, 09:10 AM
Need this up top for awhile.

FSP-Rebel
11-07-2007, 09:21 AM
Re-up

spivey378
11-07-2007, 09:23 AM
nice

go bucks!

shepburn
11-07-2007, 09:26 AM
bump!

great idea ... you guys at U of Michigan rock!

Highmesa
11-07-2007, 10:28 AM
Boy, as an MSU Spartan, I feel kind of dirty, but I just shot you $20.

The things one will do for Ron Paul.

Grandson of Liberty
11-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Thanks for organizing this, Rob!

Another sign idea for the Gameday crew: "Ron Paul for Heisman" It would be awesome if Corso saw it and asked, "Who's Ron Paul?" haha. :D

Highmesa
11-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Thanks for organizing this, Rob!

Another sign idea for the Gameday crew: "Ron Paul for Heisman" It would be awesome if Corso saw it and asked, "Who's Ron Paul?" haha. :D

Yes. You must get some witty sign behind Corso. They were talking about the best CGD signs on ESPN radio yesterday. There's something of a cult that follows the signs that show up behind the crew.

Jobarra
11-07-2007, 11:02 AM
Hey Rob, I think I already replied with this on Youtube from some other group of students who stood outside a stadium as it was letting out with Ron Paul signs. It may have been you :D. Anyway, I was wondering about another way that students could support him inside the ball game although I don't know if it's against the school's rules or anything.

It's a football game right? What if in a moment of deadtime(officials measuring for a first down, transition to a new quarter, etc.) a section of about 100 students held up blue and white signs to spell out Ron Paul? The more students you get, the more of a message you can send or the BIGGER the message you can send :) Would be even more awesome if you could talk the bands into playing something patriotic :D.

Grandson of Liberty
11-07-2007, 01:20 PM
bump

surf
11-07-2007, 01:34 PM
i'll get someone to youtube it, i promise, Rob. nice work. Rivalry weekends are great.
been waiting to see the RP banner on Gameday

parke
11-07-2007, 02:14 PM
go bucks!!!

Rob
11-07-2007, 10:41 PM
Boy, as an MSU Spartan, I feel kind of dirty, but I just shot you $20.

The things one will do for Ron Paul.

It's ok between myself and another Michigan fan we spent about $200 to fly one at MSU. =)

Rob
11-07-2007, 10:43 PM
Hey Rob, I think I already replied with this on Youtube from some other group of students who stood outside a stadium as it was letting out with Ron Paul signs. It may have been you :D. Anyway, I was wondering about another way that students could support him inside the ball game although I don't know if it's against the school's rules or anything.

It's a football game right? What if in a moment of deadtime(officials measuring for a first down, transition to a new quarter, etc.) a section of about 100 students held up blue and white signs to spell out Ron Paul? The more students you get, the more of a message you can send or the BIGGER the message you can send :) Would be even more awesome if you could talk the bands into playing something patriotic :D.

I'd love to do this, but as I tell everyone the networks hate politics messages and rarely will show them at games. HOWEVER, the Gameday is a unique setup, if we can get close enough, they will have no choice to show it - for the entire couple hours Gameday will be on!