PDA

View Full Version : Want Obama to lose? You just might have to vote for Ron Paul--Examiner.com

amy31416
12-03-2011, 01:51 PM
http://www.examiner.com/libertarian-in-west-palm-beach/goal-not-to-let-obama-win-2012-then-you-may-need-to-vote-for-ron-paul

Goal not to let Obama win in 2012? Then you may need to vote for Ron Paul

Karl Dickey, West Palm Beach Libertarian Examiner
December 3, 2011 -

Everyone knows Congressman Ron Paul, candidate for President of the United States, has a strong, fanatical following of supporters. News reporters, anchors and mainstream media have been on the receiving end of that fanatical support when excluding Ron Paul from reports and polls.

Within the Republican Party there are few camps of people, those who say "anyone but Obama", those who say "Ron Paul can never win so I'm voting for...", and those who are in the camp of "I don't care about principles, I'm voting for the most electible Republican so Obama doesn't win in 2012."

What many are not taking into account is the power Ron Paul and his supporters now have on the 2012 Presidential election.

One of three things is going to happen:

1. Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination and runs as a third party candidate: The new NBC/Wall Street Journal poll suggests Ron Paul would win 18 percent as a third-party candidate running against Obama and Romney. Obama wins.

2. Ron Paul drops out: fervent and stubborn Ron Paul supporters stay home or write him in. Obama wins.

3. Ron Paul gets the GOP nomination*: Ron Paul gets the following voters:

(a. 2008 Obama voters who thought they were going to get 'Change',
(b. 2008 Obama voters who voted to end the wars,
(c. the VAST majority of the Independen*t vote,
(d. the entire GOP voting block who dislikes Obama enough to vote for Ron Paul instead.
(e. Ron Paul supporters coming out to vote in DROVES. Ron Paul wins.)

So if the main goal is just to make sure Obama isn't in office for another term, then Republicans are seriously going to need learn more about Ron Paul and find the common ground they have with him as opposed to what they don't like

Continue reading on Examiner.com Goal not to let Obama win in 2012? Then you may need to vote for Ron Paul - West Palm Beach Libertarian | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/libertarian-in-west-palm-beach/goal-not-to-let-obama-win-2012-then-you-may-need-to-vote-for-ron-paul#ixzz1fVFUL1hw

NOBP

flightlesskiwi
12-03-2011, 02:13 PM
spot on.

it's gonna happen, people.

NO ONE BUT PAUL!

Kotin
12-03-2011, 02:22 PM
Sweeeeeet'

Enforcer
12-03-2011, 02:29 PM
All over this board I have told you that all Ron Paul has to do is take out Mitt Romney. The other guys cannot beat Ron Paul and you're wasting your time on this board fretting over deadbeats like Gingrich (who will NEVER be president), the IRS agent, etc., etc.

Don't let the media pick the next president. Wake up to reality. Ron Paul's platform differs from Obama AND the Republicans in that all those guys sound alike. Any way you stack it up, with Mitt Romney out of the picture, Ron Paul can win this election.

AJ187
12-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Keep the preasure on guys. Don't get cocky!

Bosco Warden
12-03-2011, 02:43 PM
I love it!

The timing couldnt be better either.

newbitech
12-03-2011, 02:47 PM
Yeah, nice article to comment on. Especially in Florida, where the republican party there has a really bad habit of finding the worse possible candidates to get behind, and in order from worst to least worst. I imagine that eventually, they'll decide to go with RP. Eventually. Thank god florida has a reduced delegate count this year.

ShaneEnochs
12-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Ah, great stuff!

Sweman
12-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Big bump and +rep to OP.

Seraphim
12-03-2011, 05:42 PM
This, 100%.

As a neutral observer (Canadian) - Romney is the only true competition for Ron Paul. So long as RP can defeat Romney, the rest of the chips will fall.

All over this board I have told you that all Ron Paul has to do is take out Mitt Romney. The other guys cannot beat Ron Paul and you're wasting your time on this board fretting over deadbeats like Gingrich (who will NEVER be president), the IRS agent, etc., etc.

Don't let the media pick the next president. Wake up to reality. Ron Paul's platform differs from Obama AND the Republicans in that all those guys sound alike. Any way you stack it up, with Mitt Romney out of the picture, Ron Paul can win this election.

Pauls' Revere
12-03-2011, 05:53 PM
The GOP is it's own enemy and Obama's best friend.

nobody's_hero
12-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Thats exactly how I figured it. I agree 100% with the author's assessment.

amy31416
12-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Bump.

roversaurus
12-05-2011, 10:16 AM
This is pretty good for sending to Republicans.
They really, really want to beat Obama.

milo10
12-05-2011, 10:34 AM
That is exactly the case! I'm so glad it was written by an independent news source, as any Ron Paul supporters writing would seem biased.

I would go even further and note that we saw the rise of the Tea Party and OWS in a 3 year time span, not to mention the racial riots last summer echoing events in Britain. Even without a financial collapse, the US is entering a period of massive political unrest. With a financial collapse, we would be on the verge of civil war, with issues of state secession and so forth.

This isn't time to be yet another controlled candidate. Newt Gingrich would be far worse than Obama or anybody else, as we would really begin to feel the bite of a police state. Mitt Romney would be fiscally better than Obama, but the complete subservience of him and all of his likely advisors to Israeli/Zionist fantasies of complete Middle Eastern hegemony would be an utter disaster.

I would vote third party, and if it leads to an Obama re-election, that is fine with me under those bad circumstances.