PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain is out of the running

nobody's_hero
12-03-2011, 01:26 PM
I'm a bit concerned about where his supporters will go now, though . . .

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/03/9190219-cain-suspends-campaign

Herman Cain said Saturday that he is suspending his bid for the Republican presidential nomination, choosing to end his campaign after weathering weeks of scrutiny over alleged sexual misconduct and accusations of an extramarital affair.

"As of today, with a lot of prayer and soul searching, I am suspending my presidential campaign," Cain said at an appearance outside his campaign headquarters Saturday in Atlanta. "I am suspending my presidential campaign because of the continued distraction, the continued hurt caused on me and my family. Not because we are not fighters."

Travlyr
12-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Herman Cain would have been a good puppet and a horrible president. I'm glad he is out.

moderate libertarian
12-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Good riddance, surprised he lasted this long.

I'm a bit concerned about where his supporters will go now, though . . .

Probably to Obama or Romney or any other pro-war liberal neocon they'll find.

If Hillary Clinton ran, then most likely her as Cain himself had voted for Bill Clinton.

Noob
12-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Maybe they well pick one of the 84 other Republicans running for President to take his place?

http://www.politics1.com/p2012.htm

nobody's_hero
12-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Probably to Obama or Romney or any other pro-war liberal neocon they'll find.

If Hillary Clinton ran, then most likely her as Cain himself had voted for Bill Clinton.

Yeah that's what worries me. At least when Cain was in, he was diluting the neocon vote. I hate to think that by the time it is over, there will be one unified presence among neocons versus a relatively small faction of liberty-lovers who rallied behind Ron Paul from the start.

moderate libertarian
12-03-2011, 07:00 PM
Yeah that's what worries me. At least when Cain was in, he was diluting the neocon vote. I hate to think that by the time it is over, there will be one unified presence among neocons versus a relatively small faction of liberty-lovers who rallied behind Ron Paul from the start.

No need to worry if you are RP/liberty supporter, GOP candidates list is still super loaded with blood thirsty neocons unlike puppet neocon like Cain.

What should worry any GOP supporters is why this party has so many neocons running/leading in polls.