PDA

View Full Version : Gingrich attack ad in the Des Moines Register - kicking around ideas, need input

AdamT
12-03-2011, 12:29 AM
I'm kicking around design concepts for a very visible, full page ad to run the Sunday before the Tues, Jan 3 IA caucus in the state-wide Des Moines Register. Cost is $30k for a full page color, waiting on b/w pricing (the concept I have in mind will look just fine in b/w). Will be run through RevPAC.

What I need is some short, well written bullet points (maybe 12) of the most devastating problems conservatives will have with Gingrich once they "get to know him".

Was thinking the headline might be "If you love Obama you'll love Newt" or something to that effect.

Would welcome any input.

LibertyEsq
12-03-2011, 12:41 AM
-longterm support for Individual Healthcare Mandate
-Pro Gun-control (see the oppo thread on him)
-Pro Amnesty
-Took $1.5 million from bailed-out Fannie and Freddie

These are the most damning things I can think of for Iowa

"All of us have the responsibility to help pay for health care" -Newt Gingrich, Meet the Press, May 15.

I'd also suggest including a picture of Newt on the loveseat w/ Nancy Pelosi

pauliticalfan
12-03-2011, 12:55 AM
Newt Gingrich voted to create the Department of Education. Ron Paul voted 'no.' Ron Paul trusts Iowans, Newt Gingrich trusts big government.

Eric21ND
12-03-2011, 12:57 AM
Iowa is an evangelical state. I'd hit him on social issues.

"Do you trust Newt Gingrich?"

- So did his first two wives

Jeremy
12-03-2011, 12:58 AM
- worked with nancy pelosi
- lobbyist
- paid by freddie mac or whatever
- said paul ryan's plan was too extreme for cutting spending
- supported TARP and other big government things

Lord Xar
12-03-2011, 01:00 AM
There are soo many to list. But personally I think drawing a bullet list of

Who is the Real Conservative and Who is the media drivem status quo?

What most voters are seeing is what the media is presenting and why -- well, use a quote from the Dem operatives "that they wanna face newt because he has SOOO much baggage..."

See, I feel that just saying something isn't enough. Sometimes you have to draw a comparision. You ask most voters "Do you trust the media?" and most will say "not really" YET they vote for who the media is selling... this, imho, needs to be shown.

I am also of the mind: IF newt made a covenant with God, with his wife AND with his family and on THREE seperate occcasions, he broke those promises, by being a serial cheater/adulterer -- how can I, as a voter/citizen, EVER think Newt would keep his promise to uphold the constitution or to represent me?

**ALso, he backed an extreme liberal in NY (i believe) over a conservative in some office run.

*********** I'd also like to see The Ad in a MAJOR N.H newspaper.

Eric21ND
12-03-2011, 01:01 AM
Another possible headline..."The Newt I know"

make it look supportive at first and blast him.

Fermli
12-03-2011, 01:04 AM
get Tom Woods to write something up. problem solved.

Eric21ND
12-03-2011, 01:06 AM
Actually I got a winning answer....tie him to Obama! Expose the liberal policies he supported. Bury him with his own words.

Suzu
12-03-2011, 01:06 AM
I'd rather have "If you like Obama, you'll love Newt" as the title.

Eric21ND
12-03-2011, 01:07 AM
I would also suggest instead of spending 30k one one ad. I would rather see you blast Newt in multiple ads in smaller papers.

Here's the Top Counties By Total # Votes For Huckabee in 2008

Polk - 8039
Linn - 2021
Story - 1848
Scott - 1285
Dallas - 1258
Warren - 1184
Sioux - 1147
Marion - 1136
Blackhawk - 1046
Mahaska - 815
Jasper - 802
Marshall - 655
Wapello - 568
Cerro Gordo - 545
Boone - 543

= 22,892 votes in those counties alone

SpiritOf1776_J4
12-03-2011, 01:10 AM

I don't expect Newt Gingrich to be in it by then. If he is, no ad will help after nailing him again and again.

Do some positive campaigning.

LibertyEsq
12-03-2011, 01:11 AM
I think a negative ad on Gingrich is needed. He's the only one competing for our vote seriously

Mike4Freedom
12-03-2011, 01:25 AM
I actually disagree with this. While something like that is powerful. The problem is not enough people know where Ron Paul stands on certain things. They get it fed to them by the media. They keep jumping from pumped up candidate to pumped up candidate. If you can really get the message on what President Paul means to them.

If there is an attack ad I would not put any association with Ron Paul on it.

I would also suggest making an anti Romney ad as well. We can't let him off the hook if you decide to go this route which it looks like you are.

Bruno
12-03-2011, 01:26 AM
This is an awesome idea! I would definitely donate.

Aside from the great suggestions above, some thoughts and questions:

Are there enough funds to run in other local publications like the Sioux City Journal?
Would half page ads run twice and/or with different messages be effective for the money?
Do you know if RevPAC is considering targeting independents and the Blue Republican vote?
What about hitting Mitt in one and Newt it another, or both in one?

Eric21ND
12-03-2011, 01:37 AM
I'd rather have "If you like Obama, you'll love Newt" as the title.
This is a winner. Everyone is holding him up to be some conservative bastion, when he's anything but.

lucent
12-03-2011, 02:24 AM
Wouldn't it be more efficient for the money to send out a mailer to all registered Republicans? Maybe a postcard that opens.

If you do want to do an ad in a newspaper, it is best to be flexible. Don't assume Newt will be on top, it could be anybody. Whatever you do, if it is an attack ad, don't attach Ron Paul's name to it.

If you do attack Newt, you can't forget to list his past support for federally funded abortions.

Suzu
12-03-2011, 03:16 AM
If there is an attack ad I would not put any association with Ron Paul on it.

They are talking about running the ad right before the caucus. If Paul is not mentioned, any votes it causes Newt to lose may go elsewhere. I think the ad needs to contrast Newt vs. Paul.

To Adam: If found an extensive list of Gingrich drawbacks on this page:
http://www.westernjournalism.com/is-newt-gingrich-a-conservative-you-decide/

Starts a bit below the photo.

LibertyEsq
12-03-2011, 03:20 AM
I have an idea.

Newt vs. Paul contrast ad

Have a picture of Newt sitting on the loveseat with Nancy Pelosi, contrasted with that black-and-white picture of Paul and Reagan.

I think that would be gold

It could start with Newt and Pelosi in the top right...a bunch of positions in bulletpoints that would make the reader think "Oh, I really don't like that" Then, as their eyes move rightward and downward, they see Newt's liberal positions juxtaposed with Ron's conservative positions on the same issues, ending with seeing the Paul/Reagan pic at the bottom of the page.

Eric21ND
12-03-2011, 03:38 AM
I have an idea.

Newt vs. Paul contrast ad

Have a picture of Newt sitting on the loveseat with Nancy Pelosi, contrasted with that black-and-white picture of Paul and Reagan.

I think that would be gold

It could start with Newt and Pelosi in the top right...a bunch of positions in bulletpoints that would make the reader think "Oh, I really don't like that" Then, as their eyes move rightward and downward, they see Newt's liberal positions juxtaposed with Ron's conservative positions on the same issues, ending with seeing the Paul/Reagan pic at the bottom of the page.
Oh that would be priceless! You are good sir!!

Title could be: Win one for the Gipper, not Washington liberals

The go on to point out all of Newt's flip flops and baggage. Hit him hard on the healthcare mandate, conservatives hate Obamacare and Romneycare. Tie Newt to that. Also tie him to usher in the Dept of Education and other things.

Nancy and Newt sharing the global warming couch.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-oPXjqtW3uLs/TdGcdwUR5PI/AAAAAAAABXc/_rQADavpvrs/s1600/Newt+n+Nancy.jpg

Ron and an attentive Reagan looking jovial and interested.
http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/RonPaulReagan.jpg

Agorism
12-03-2011, 03:42 AM
The stuff about collecting 38 million dollars to lobby for the individual mandate was especially brutal in that ad.

Couple that with collecting money from Fannie Freddie while publicly saying that any politician collection money from Fannie Freddie should be jailed was potent as well.

LibertyEsq
12-03-2011, 03:52 AM
Oh that would be priceless! You are good sir!!

Title could be: Win one for the Gipper, not Washington liberals

The go on to point out all of Newt's flip flops and baggage. Hit him hard on the healthcare mandate, conservatives hate Obamacare and Romneycare. Tie Newt to that. Also tie him to usher in the Dept of Education and other things.

Nancy and Newt sharing the global warming couch.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-oPXjqtW3uLs/TdGcdwUR5PI/AAAAAAAABXc/_rQADavpvrs/s1600/Newt+n+Nancy.jpg

Ron and an attentive Reagan looking jovial and interested.
http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/RonPaulReagan.jpg

Dept. of education would be perfect to include, since it was supported by Carter and opposed by Reagan. I could see this concept coming together quite well

LibertyEsq
12-03-2011, 04:20 AM
Here's a quick, very rough mockup of what I had in mind

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k591/Tea42012/newtorpaul.jpg

each letter would be a specific issue where Newt and Paul differ

Eric21ND
12-03-2011, 04:44 AM
The Dept of Education would play well in Iowa.

Hit him on the Health Care mandates too.

NAFTA shipping jobs overseas.

His support for Gun registration.

Try to include Newt's quotes and/or footnotes so it looks even more official and well documented.

Then include Paul Ryan's quote, "With allies like that, who needs the left." Ouch :D

Agorism
12-03-2011, 04:57 AM
I also think it should be pointed out that clever politicians have realized that lobbyist is a term that polls poorly.

That's why he called himself a corporate adviser or some nonsense instead.

He plays word games.

Eric21ND
12-03-2011, 05:07 AM
Watching this Republican focus group might help us brainstorm what might work with voters.

http://www.c-span.org/uploadedImages/Content/Images/C-SPAN_Screen_Captures/phart02.jpg?404=a404&maxwidth=600
Friday, December 2, 2011

C-SPAN Republican Focus Group Weighs in on Campaign 2012 (http://www.c-span.org/Events/Focus-Group-Weighs-in-on-Campaign-2012/10737425962/)

Eric21ND
12-03-2011, 05:13 AM
Another angle would be to use that Iowa republican that confronted Newt in Dubuque, calling him an embarrassment.

You could preface it as a question. "Is Newt Gingrich an embarrassment to conservatives?"

Then go into the litany list.

http://images.rcp.realclearpolitics.com/86353_5_.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G2vovE12tk

fatjohn
12-03-2011, 05:46 AM
They are talking about running the ad right before the caucus. If Paul is not mentioned, any votes it causes Newt to lose may go elsewhere. I think the ad needs to contrast Newt vs. Paul.

If Cain drops out, It will definitely be a threeway with perry or Bachmann way way behind. People that were backing newt and would think about switching due to the ad will not still go trough the trouble of caucussing to back a loser. They will either back paul. Or flipflopney (which is not very likely)

Feeding the Abscess
12-03-2011, 06:19 AM
Any way to make a few ads? Say, a Newt vs. Paul ad, a Romney ad, an ad propping up Ron... and go with the one that makes the most sense, based on internal and external polling?

Liber Team
12-03-2011, 11:10 AM
"The Real Newt Gingrich"

vechorik
12-03-2011, 11:44 AM
like the lists

matt0611
12-03-2011, 11:50 AM
Here's a quick, very rough mockup of what I had in mind

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k591/Tea42012/newtorpaul.jpg

each letter would be a specific issue where Newt and Paul differ

I think something like that would be genius.
Its simple, straightforward, shows the contrast of the candidates, will show who is the liberal on the side of big government, and who the real small government conservative candidate is.

trey4sports
12-03-2011, 11:52 AM
ill leave it to rev pac to come up with the concept. They know what they're doing.

as for the dirt. There is lots of it.

Namely,

aid to soviets
voting for creation of dept of edu
global warming prevention act of '89
1.5million from freddie mac.

sailingaway
12-03-2011, 12:11 PM
don't put Ron's name on it. I 'd rather you did a positive one saying how Ron's plan would balance the budget in three years without cutting social security, medicare and veterans benefits or student loans.

If you MUST attack I'd make it a grid of positions showing Mitt's DOESN'T balance the budget and DOES cut medicare, and Gingrich 'promises the moon but has no means to pay for it' or something.

Then make the fact that it is paid for by an independent group large enough so it isn't tagged to Ron. Negative ads spur negative feelings, and we don't want Ron tagged with them.

Just my 2 cents.

Carole
12-03-2011, 12:17 PM
Should be something on this list to help.

Alvin and Heidi Toffler
Creating a New Civilization
The Third Wave
Future Shock

Constitution “must die and be replaced”
Gingrich

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Comprehensive list of Newt Gingrich positions

Here is a comprehensive list of all the reasons to oppose Newt Gingrich. Please distribute and share this list freely. I will add things as I find them. Please tell me if you have anything that I have missed, and give me a source if possible. Point out any errors and I will try to correct them.

Short list: Newt Gingrich is a political chameleon that has inexplicably managed to fool conservatives for 30 years. He is a globalist to the bone and supports every opportunity to erode American sovereignty and the constitution. He disguises his statist positions with an abundance of flip-flopping and pandering as needed. He has a long history of expanding the Federal Government and deficit spending. He is the very definition of an Establishment Insider.

- Gingrich co-sponsored the 1987 Fairness Doctrine
- Card-Carrying member of the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), a globalist think tank
- "Distinguished member" of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies (neocon, pro-interventionism group)
- Member of Bohemian Grove
- Member of the World Future Society
- Voted for NAFTA, a blatant circumvention of Congress’ exclusive power to regulate commerce with foreign nations. Took power from American people and put it into the hands of unelected Binational panels, made mostly of foreigners.
- Supported GATT
- Supported WTO
- Continually supported increased federal spending.
- Supported the National Endowment for the Arts;
- Voted for the creation of the Federal Dept. of Education in 1979 under Jimmy Carter.
- Big supporter of Foreign Aid -- even to Soviets through the Export-Import Bank.
- In one year (1994-1995) Gingrich voted for nearly $45 billion in foreign aid.
- He helped push through Federally-funded loan guarantees to Communist China.
- Urged the House to repeal the War Powers Act and give the Presidency more power.
- Urged Clinton to expand military presence in Bosnia.
- Supports Afghan War
- Supports Iraq War
- Calls for Iran War
- Supported Clinton's welfare programs, education programs, labor programs, and environmental programs, as well as most of his foreign affairs programs.
- Supported spending $30B for the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 that shackled gun owners with new restrictions, federalized a number of crimes, and handed the feds police powers that the Constitution reserves to the states.
- Voted to give billions of dollars to United Nations "peacekeeping" operations;
- Pushed for a School Prayer Amendment
- Mentored by Henry Kissinger
- Bailed out savings and loan institutions in 1991. $40B Bank bailout
- He was a draft-dodger during the Vietnam War, yet pushed aggressive foreign interventionism his entire political career, and did say that Vietnam was the "right battlefield at the right time."
- He cheated on one of his wives while she was suffering from cancer, delivered divorce papers to her in the hospital.
- Worked on the Rockefeller presidential campaign in 1968.

04/02/1987 - He cosponsored the 1987 Fairness Doctrine (anti 1st Amendment legislation)
10/22/1991 - He voted for an amendment that would create a National Police Corps.
03/--/1993 - He was "passionately in favor" of sending $1.6 Billion in foreign aid to Russia.
11/19/1993 - He voted for the NAFTA Implementation Act.
11/27/1994 - He supported the GATT Treaty giving sovereignty to the U.N.
08/27/1995 - He suggests that drug smuggling should carry a death sentence.
01/06/1996 - He himself conceived a secret CIA mission to topple the Iranian leadership.
04/25/1996 - Voted for the single largest increase on Federal education spending ($3.5 Billion)
04/10/1995 - He supported Federal taxdollars being spent on abortions.
06/--/1995 - He wrote the foreword to a book about tearing down the U.S. Constitution and implementing a Fascist World Government.
06/01/1996 - He helped a Democrat switch parties in an attempt to defeat constitutionalist Ron Paul in the 1996 election.
09/25/1996 - Introduced H.R. 4170, demanded life-sentence or execution for someone bringing 2 ounces of marijuana across the border.
01/22/1997 - Congress gave him a record-setting $300,000 fine for ethical wrongdoing.
11/29/2006 - He said that free speech should be curtailed in order to fight terrorism. Wants to stop terrorists from using the internet. Called for a "serious debate about the 1st Amendment."
11/29/2006 - He called for a "Geneva Convention for terrorists" so it would be clear who the Constitution need not apply to.
02/15/2007 - He supported Bush's proposal for mandatory carbon caps.
04/04/2007 - He says that there should be a clear distinction about what weapons should be reserved for only for the military.
04/17/2008 - Made a commercial with Nancy Pelosi on Climate Change.
09/28/2008 - Says if he were in office, he would have reluctantly voted for the $700B TARP bailout.
10/01/2008 - Says in an article that TARP was a "workout, not a bailout."
12/08/2008 - He was paid $300,000 by Freddie Mac to halt Congress from bringing necessary reform.
03/31/2009 - Says we should have Singapore-style drug tests for Americans.
07/30/2010 - Says that Iraq was just step one in defeating the "Axis of Evil".
08/03/2010 - Advocates attacks on Iran & North Korea.
08/16/2010 - Opposes property rights of the mosque owner in NYC.
08/16/2010 - Compares mosque supporters to Nazis
11/15/2010 - He defended Romneycare; blamed liberals
12/02/2010 - He advocates a pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens.
12/05/2010 - He said that a website owner should be considered an enemy combatant, hunted down and executed, for publishing leaked government memos.
01/30/2011 - He lobbied for ethanol subsidies.
01/30/2011 - He suggested that flex-fuel vehicles be mandated for Americans.
02/02/2011 - He says we are "losing the War on Terror"; the conflict will be as long as the Cold War
02/10/2011 - He wants to replace the EPA instead of abolishing it.
02/13/2011 - He criticized Obama for sending less U.S. taxdollars to Egypt.
02/15/2011 - His book said that he believes man-made climate-change and advocated creating "a new endowment for conservation and the environment."
03/09/2011 - He blames his infidelity to multiple wives on his passion for the country.
03/15/2011 - Says that NAFTA worked because it created jobs in Mexico.
03/19/2011 - He has no regrets about supporting Medicare drug coverage. (Now $7.2T unfunded liability)
03/23/2011 - He completely flip-flopped on Libyan intervention in 16 days.
03/25/2011 - He plans to sign as many as 200 executive orders on his first day as president.
03/27/2011 - He says that America is under attack by atheist Islamists.
04/25/2011 - He's a paid lobbyist for Federal ethanol subsidies.
05/11/2011 - His campaign video said that he wants to "find solutions together, and insist on imposing those solutions on those who do not want to change."
05/12/2011 - He was more supportive of individual health-care mandates than Mitt Romney.
05/15/2011 - Said GOP's plan to cut back Medicare was "too big a jump."
05/15/2011 - He backed Obama's individual mandate; "All of us have a responsibility to help pay for health care."
05/16/2011 - He also endorsed individual mandates in 1993 when Clinton pushed Universal Health Care.
05/17/2011 - He has an outstanding debt to Tiffany's Jewelry of between $250K - $500K.
06/09/2011 - His own campaign staff resigned en masse.
07/15/2011 - His poorly managed campaign is over $1 Million in debt.
08/01/2011 - He hired a company to create fake Twitter to appear as if he had a following.
08/11/2011 - His recent criticism of the United Nations is United Nations by a long, long history of supporting it.
09/27/2011 - He says that he "helped develop the model for Homeland Security"
10/07/2011 - He said he'd ignore the Supreme Court if need be.
11/12/2011 - He advocates assassinating Iranian scientists and covert war with Iran.

MORE SOURCES
The Grinch Who Stole Conservatism
Newt World Order Gingrich supported GATT, NAFTA and WTO while in Congress
Gingrich, Toffler, and Gore: A Peculiar Trio
Newt's Contract with the Earth: Pseudo-Science, Big Government
Newt Gingrich: The Establishment’s Conservative
Newt Gingrich: The "Anti-Romney" or the "Other Romney"?
Slideshow: The Many Flip-Flops of Newt Gingrich
'Newt'worthy or Not? Is Newt Gingrich the Best Candidate for President in the Republican Primary?
Good Newt, Bad Newt
Newt Gingrich and his Record
In 1994 Newt voted:
1. YEA to the National Endowment for the Arts
2. YEA for 1.2 billion for UN peacekeeping
3. YEA for the presidential line item veto
4. YEA for 13 billion in foreign aid
5. YEA for 166 million more for the IRS
6. Led Congress into GATT with fellow CFR member Bill Clinton and then stated that it was a very big transfer of power. It was, because it overrode Article 1, Section 8 of the constitution. As well, GATT reduces the amount of money we can save for pensions. He jawed with President Clinton in NH that he was a huge fan of FDR and Woodrow Wilson, two of the most despised early communist leaning presidents. Remember Wilson gave us both the federal reserve and the 16th amendment, income tax.
He also voted:
1. China as Most Favored Nation for trade
2. Voted to supply funds to subsidize trade with the Soviets.
3. Voted to transfer 2.2 million acres in Idaho to Wilderness status.
4. Voted for federal funding loan guarantees for greater trade with Red China.
5. Voted for taxpayer funds being available to foreign governments through export/import banks.

QUOTES
"The idea that a congressman would be tainted by accepting money from private industry or private sources is essentially a socialist argument." - Newt Gingrich

"[O]ur government, at all levels, must be modernized to successfully partner, let alone compete, with the private sector." -- Newt Gingrich, A Contract with the Earth (p.196)

"The U.S. government operates endowments for the humanities and the arts…Perhaps, it is time we consider a new endowment for conservation and the environment." -- Newt Gingrich, A Contract with the Earth (pp. 115-116)

"We agree that there is plenty of evidence that global climate change is occurring…While humanity is certainly causing its fair share of the change, scientists are still not able to precisely pinpoint the extent of the change, or the margin of error in their estimates." -- Newt Gingrich, A Contract with the Earth (p. 200)

"In spite of the demonstrated liberal leanings in academia, we have nothing but respect for the nation’s scientists. They represent America’s best hope to protect the environment. We support a dramatic increase in science and technology research and development because we desperately need to understand global climate change and other environmental phenomena." -- Newt Gingrich, A Contract with the Earth (p. 201)

"If you import a commercial quantity of illegal drugs, it is because you have made the personal decision that you are prepared to get rich by destroying our children. I have made the decision that I love our children enough that we will kill you if you do this." -- Newt Gingrich (source)

"What we're being told is that free trade with Mexico would devastate the U.S. economy. With its low wages, Mexico would unleash a flood of cheap imports into our markets. There would be a mass exodus of U.S. factory jobs, as hordes of American companies fled across the border.... All this is scare talk." -- Newt Gingrich, on the House floor 9/22/1993. (source)

Q: "Will you rally the troops for GATT and the World Trade Organization?"
A: "Yes. In the first place, the Administration has accepted amendments of Senator Dole and myself giving Congress dramatically more oversight of the WTO, including the right to bring up a vote on withdrawal every five years in perpetuity, so at any point that we think it is out of control or inappropriate, we can simply withdraw." -- Newt Gingrich, 11/11/1994 (source)

"The American challenge in leading the world is compounded by our Constitution. Under our [constitutional system] - either we're going to have to rethink our Constitution, or we're going to have to rethink our process of decision-making." He went on to profess an oxymoronic belief in "very strong but limited federal government," and pledged, "I am for the United Nations." -- Newt Gingrich, July 1995, speech at the Center for Strategic & International Affairs (source)

In March 1993, I got an assistance program I could support: $1.6 billion in direct aid to help Russia stabilize. Although a public poll said that 75% of the American people were opposed to giving Russia more money, and we were already in a hard fight for the economic plan, I felt we had no choice but to press ahead. American had spent trillions of dollars in defense to win the Cold War; we couldn't risk reversal over less that $2 billion and a bad poll. To the surprise of my staff, the congressional leaders, including the Republicans, agreed with me. At a meeting I convened to push the plan, Senator Joe Biden, the chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee, strongly endorsed the aid package. Newt Gingrich was passionately in favor of helping Russia, saying it was a "great defining moment" for American and we had to do the right thing. -- Bill Clinton, 2004 (My Life, p. 506-507).

"Professor Gingrich hopefully will never be called upon to teach a course in the proper role of our federal government. His rare votes against bloated big government usually have been prompted by the partisan wrangling of the moment, not by any great respect for, or understanding of, the Constitution." --James Toft of “Tax Reform Immediately” (TRIM)

seyferjm
12-03-2011, 01:13 PM
^ OUCH!

Lord Xar
12-03-2011, 01:30 PM
I thought i read somewhere that he also supported an extreme liberal over a conservative in a NY race..

Anyone know the particulars of that?

LibertyEsq
12-03-2011, 01:37 PM
I thought i read somewhere that he also supported an extreme liberal over a conservative in a NY race..

Anyone know the particulars of that?

He endorsed Dede Scozzafava over Doug Hoffman, Dede went on to split the vote just enough to make Hoffman lose and put the Democrat in office

LibertyEagle
12-03-2011, 05:23 PM
Guns, TARP, Cap and Trade, DOE, amnesty (Dream Act, Bush's amnesty), No Child Left Behind, and Newt's sense of "family". Conservatives also hate the NEA.

Newt has also advocated national ID cards, complete with biometrics and has ties to Verichip (Now, named PositiveID). If anyone can find a quote by Newt about microchipping, that would be pure gold.

EDIT: Wow. This is pretty damning.

"The American challenge in leading the world is compounded by our Constitution. Under our [constitutional system] - either we're going to have to rethink our Constitution, or we're going to have to rethink our process of decision-making." He went on to profess an oxymoronic belief in "very strong but limited federal government," and pledged, "I am for the United Nations." -- Newt Gingrich, July 1995, speech at the Center for Strategic & International Affairs (source)

+ there might be something we could do with the fact that he wrote that foreword to Toffler's book.

Gingrich once said that to understand him, you needed to do no more than to read "futurist" Alvin Toffler. The former speaker's sweeping generalizations, flamboyant pronouncements and soaring banalities do indeed seem influenced by Toffler. But Toffler is the opposite of a conservative. In "The Third Wave," he declared that the founders were "obsolete." So should Toffler's acolyte be.
http://www.dnj.com/article/20111203/OPINION02/112030306

IndianaPolitico
12-03-2011, 05:26 PM
I like the idea, but part of me feels as though putting a full page ad about Newt in a paper would be like free advertising for him to some extent. I would really like to see a full page ad about Paul's "Restore America" plan. THAT has got all republican voter's attention, and it would be a good way to contrast him from the rest of the field. Something like, "The ONLY Presidential Candidate with a plan to balance the budget in his first term."

lucent
12-03-2011, 05:28 PM
It would be interesting to run two full page ads. One for Newt (or whoever is on top) and one for Ron Paul.

I still think that it would be better to send out a mailer attacking Newt. It would be cheaper for the number of relevant people you reach.

bluesc
12-03-2011, 05:28 PM
I like the idea, but part of me feels as though putting a full page ad about Newt in a paper would be like free advertising for him to some extent. I would really like to see a full page ad about Paul's "Restore America" plan. THAT has got all republican voter's attention, and it would be a good way to contrast him from the rest of the field. Something like, "The ONLY Presidential Candidate with a plan to balance the budget in his first term."

I think the campaign sending a mailer with his plan enclosed and a letter actually written by Ron to all Iowa and NH supervoters would be much more effective. We've all been saying "let RevPAC do the attacks", now it's time to help them out :)

lucent
12-03-2011, 05:36 PM
A black and white postcard that folds out should be cheap to produce. Have the picture of Newt on the global warming couch and maybe one of the pictures that makes him look arrogant. Some other imagery like a shredded constitution or US flag in the background would have a great psychological element.

The title of the mailer could be "Newt" "Embarrassment or conservative?" as someone suggested before with the picture of the guy calling him an embarrassment.

LibertyEagle
12-03-2011, 05:36 PM
I love what LibertyEsq did, but it could put the campaign on defense, since Paul left the Republican Party because Reagan unfortunately did not walk his talk. I'm not saying we shouldn't do it, just that all angles of this need to be considered.

Newt has been trying for a long time to be seen as the successor to Reagan. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2009/05/20/newts-reagan-fantasy.html

LibertyEagle
12-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Hey, does anyone remember that thing Newt said in one of the debates about plausible deniability, or something like that?

ronpaultag
12-03-2011, 06:07 PM
I like the idea of comparing Newt to Obama. Maybe something to the effect of, "When Obama leaves office in 2012, let's make sure his policies go with him:"

Then maybe have a list of unpopular Obama positions that Newt (and possibly Romney) share?

lasenorita
12-03-2011, 07:15 PM
My copy isn't that great — it'll need to be simplified, clarified, and checked, but here's an idea:

http://i.imgur.com/gFpAI.png

Or is it perhaps too subtle? ;):D

GeorgiaAvenger
12-03-2011, 07:29 PM
*Voted for the Fairness Doctrine
*TARP support
*Global warming cheerleader
*Voted for Dept. of Educated
*Supported funding for abortion in cases of rape and incest in 1995

Maybe some quotes?

Quotes about Newt Gingrich:

“He's the last person I'd vote for for president of the United States.”-Senator Tom Coburn

"With allies like that, who needs the left?"-Congressman Paul Ryan

Newt Gingrich quotes:

“I’m not a natural leader. I’m too intellectual; I’m too abstract; I think too much.”

“The problem isn’t too little money in political campaigns, but not enough.”

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”

trey4sports
12-03-2011, 07:34 PM
hope ya'll (RevPAC) have some really good stuff in store for us in December. I hope you empty your warchest in December/Jan. :)

ninepointfive
12-03-2011, 07:47 PM
"Hit a Home Run for Liberty"
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2107/2196761818_2f8de47b14.jpg

"Ron Paul has hit the one and only home run at the annual congressional baseball game. Most importantly, his batting average is a 1.0 for our US Constitution. Let's pay him his respects, and hit a home run for Liberty. Become a Ron Paul Delegate drafted at Caucus, and help him take America back!"

Ron Paul 2012, Restore America Now!

Eric21ND
12-03-2011, 08:39 PM
My copy isn't that great — it'll need to be simplified, clarified, and checked, but here's an idea:

http://i.imgur.com/gFpAI.png

Or is it perhaps too subtle? ;):D
I like where you're going, but ditch the war issue, many of these Iowa caucus voters supported the war(s) whole-heartedly.

Eric21ND
12-03-2011, 08:41 PM
I'm thinking a mailer, might be more effective than a 30k newspaper ad.

Make a it a simple post card front and back.

iamse7en
12-04-2011, 12:44 AM

Good stuff. ;)

Agorism
12-04-2011, 12:48 AM
only speaker ever sanctioned....twice

Lord Xar
12-04-2011, 01:16 AM
Show a picture of obama and newt. Side by side. Between both pictures put an equal sign.

And say... if either win republicans lose

" Different sides to the same coin" ... show that newt has more in common with obama
Then with his own party.

The Free Hornet
12-04-2011, 01:57 AM
"Hit a Home Run for Liberty"
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2107/2196761818_2f8de47b14.jpg

"Ron Paul has hit the one and only home run at the annual congressional baseball game. Most importantly, his batting average is a 1.0 for our US Constitution. Let's pay him his respects, and hit a home run for Liberty. Become a Ron Paul Delegate drafted at Caucus, and help him take America back!"

Ron Paul 2012, Restore America Now!

Could say, "Ron Paul is batting 1000 for our US Constitution" (or "batting a thousand"). I think that is more common:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080428082906AAagCPY
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bat_a_thousand

pauliticalfan
12-04-2011, 01:30 PM
Run two seperate ads. One positive about Ron Paul (hell, maybe your editors could even spruce up the Oath ad we have.) One negative about Newt Gingrich, sitting on the couch with Pelosi among other things like voting for the Dept. of Education.

Right now, we're down to Gingrich by 7-10k votes. We need to close that gap in the next 30 days.

AdamT
12-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Adding for info purposes
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?334635-On-Climate-Change-The-FACTS

CaptainAmerica
12-04-2011, 03:06 PM
Cheated on 2 wives when they were terminally ill.

LibertyEsq
12-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Cheated on 2 wives when they were terminally ill.

They weren't terminally ill lol. But one was battling cancer at the time

pauliticalfan
12-04-2011, 03:22 PM
When can we expect to see some drafts?

kylejack
12-04-2011, 03:23 PM

I'd rather we not do this. I'm really glad that Ron's hitpiece was all about policy and money.

chadhb
12-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Seem's like quite a waste of time, Mitt Romney is the one who should be attacking Newt, we should be attacking Romney.
Newt is a Joke and once the media is ready, they will tear Newt down. I'm still unclear where Romney fits in, he is the obvious establishment candidate, but for some reason , they might not trust him. Newt is perfect, easily corruptable, a lifetime of bagage.

LibertyEagle
12-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Well, perhaps we should have one ready to go for both Newt and Romney.

LibertyEagle
12-05-2011, 01:22 AM
bump

pauliticalfan
12-05-2011, 01:47 AM
Just came up with a crucial piece of information to put in there.

The new NBC poll shows us doing the best against Obama in Iowa. We're tied there, while Gingrich loses by 10(!) points. If we can somehow paint Gingrich as unelectable and show voters that Paul is the most electable, we can win over tons of support. The new DMR poll shows that our biggest obstacle is the "unelectable" label. Please put this somewhere in the ad.

Want to turn Iowa red and defeat Obama in 2012?
Polls show Ron Paul can do it. Newt Gingrich can't.

NBC News/Marist
Paul 42, Obama 42
Obama 47, Gingrich 37

Please consider putting this in your ad guys!

Uriah
12-05-2011, 02:20 AM
I'd rather we not do this. I'm really glad that Ron's hitpiece was all about policy and money.

This race is about the economy. Pure and simple. Yes, Iowa is a more socially conservative state but in times like these the economy trumps all. The polls reflect this.

I like the concept. I would like to add that repetition is great in marketing and an Ad is marketing. Try to hit this from multiple angles/times. Reinforce the message you are crafting or look at other anti-Gingrich material running in Iowa that you would like to reinforce.

Lord Xar
12-05-2011, 02:40 AM
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2009/10/newt_gingrich_endorses_dede_sc.html

"Dede Scozzafava today will pick up the endorsement of Newt Gingrich."

"Gingrich is apparently willing to overlook Scozzafava’s support for same-sex marriage and abortion rights."

Suzu
12-05-2011, 03:25 AM
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2009/10/newt_gingrich_endorses_dede_sc.html

"Gingrich is apparently willing to overlook Scozzafava’s support for same-sex marriage and abortion rights."

Someone please paste the above onto Newt's facebook wall :D

I already did my part (Jerry Doyle clip). Could use some help in the comments section on that one, too - before Newt wakes up and erases it!

Eric21ND
12-05-2011, 04:43 AM
Just came up with a crucial piece of information to put in there.

The new NBC poll shows us doing the best against Obama in Iowa. We're tied there, while Gingrich loses by 10(!) points. If we can somehow paint Gingrich as unelectable and show voters that Paul is the most electable, we can win over tons of support. The new DMR poll shows that our biggest obstacle is the "unelectable" label. Please put this somewhere in the ad.

Please consider putting this in your ad guys!
That's a great observation! Really speaks to all those republicans that simply want Obama out.

Eric21ND
12-05-2011, 04:45 AM

Now THAT would hurt him in Iowa with evangelicals! Ouch! :eek:

AdamT
12-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Rough draft of a full page 10" x 22.5". Need to fill in the missing info.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa369/revpac/fullpage.jpg

libertygrl
12-05-2011, 01:08 PM

LOL!

pauliticalfan
12-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Add the poll info about Ron Paul being the only one who can turn Iowa red and defeat Obama, and we're golden. Maybe small snapshot of him on the couch with Pelosi too.

trey4sports
12-05-2011, 01:10 PM
I think adding the pic of Paul and Reagan would be great.

kylejack
12-05-2011, 01:11 PM
^Add the poll info about Ron Paul being the only one who can turn Iowa red and defeat Obama, and we're golden.
Unfortunately those 6 electoral votes aren't that big a piece in the general election. Lots of other states in play.

pauliticalfan
12-05-2011, 01:12 PM
I think adding the pic of Paul and Reagan would be great.

Yeah, this. Near the "bad things" text with Newt have a picture of him with Pelosi. Near the "good things" text about RP have the picture of him with Reagan.

bluesc
12-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Unfortunately those 6 electoral votes aren't that big a piece in the general election. Lots of other states in play.

I think it's more about pointing out that Ron has the ability to flip blue states.

LibertyEsq
12-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Rough draft. Need to fill in the missing info.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa369/revpac/fullpage.jpg

I really like the concept, the only thing I can see is maybe voters would view the image as a "face off" between Obama and Newt, rather than putting them together. Maybe you could photoshop something up with Newt standing next to Obama?

edit: or a picture of Newt smiling

pauliticalfan
12-05-2011, 01:15 PM

There's a much greater psychological effect here. If you're an Iowa Republican, you're gonna want to caucus for someone who can beat Obama in your state. Trust me, this is the single most important issue, and we HAVE to combat the unelectable label. Doing 10 points better than Gingrich in Iowa is a huge deal that we have to let voters know about.

trey4sports
12-05-2011, 01:15 PM
on the "good things" section definitely add that Ron will cut 1 Trillion his first year and balance the budget in year 3.

there is a lot of dirt on newt throughout the thread so you should be able to fill up his section rather quickly.

Deborah K
12-05-2011, 01:28 PM

I disagree. It's important to compare the records of the candidates. Most people won't bother to do their own research, we have to do it for them.

Eric21ND
12-05-2011, 02:22 PM
What about robo calls exposing Newt's support for Health Care mandates?

Lord Xar
12-05-2011, 02:41 PM
What about robo calls exposing Newt's support for Health Care mandates?

co-sign. robo calls are cheap.

trey4sports
12-05-2011, 02:45 PM
if Newt were below us in Iowa then I'd agree that attacking him would just give him more press but he's the frontrunner.

pauliticalfan
12-05-2011, 03:21 PM
I just came up with an ad idea. Hear me out.

We make a faux-jewelry ad (in the vein of a Tiffany's ad) but instead of saying "Tiffany & Co." it says "Newt & Co." We can pretend like we're advertising a charm bracelet, and in each "charm" we'll have a different negative on Newt. For example, on the Heart charm, we can have the picture of him sitting on the loveseat with Pelosi. On the Dollar Sign charm (or directly beneath it), we can lay out his lobbying baggage. For the Needle charm, we show his support for an individual mandate.

I think this could be really effective and make some news, and the possibilities are endless. Thoughts?

EDIT: How much does this "bracelet" cost, you ask? Why, just the low low price of all your civil liberties and freedoms.

Also, it reminds people of his extravagant spending at Tiffany's without directly saying it. A win win.

pauliticalfan
12-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Here's a rough sketch of my idea:

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/3996/newtqk.jpg

Obviously I'm hoping the graphic designers can make it much more professional looking and add more information, pictures, etc.

pauliticalfan
12-05-2011, 04:03 PM
For one, this ad will catch the eye of the much needed woman voter, a demographic we need to improve.

Also the slogan for "Newt & Co." should be "Like Obama? You'll love Newt!" as was previously suggested.

IndianaPolitico
12-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Just wondering how this was coming? Also, does RevPAC have anything else planned for Iowa and NH?

TER
12-05-2011, 05:20 PM

Obviously I'm hoping the graphic designers can make it much more professional looking and add more information, pictures, etc.

That's a very creative idea!

AdamT
12-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Just wondering how this was coming? Also, does RevPAC have anything else planned for Iowa and NH?

Posted a rough mockup this morning.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?334301-Gingrich-attack-ad-in-the-Des-Moines-Register-kicking-around-ideas-need-input&p=3808815&viewfull=1#post3808815

row333au
12-05-2011, 07:40 PM
9/11 Newt Gingrich Recommended A Homeland Security Agency Be Led By FEMA In March 2001

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-VPI4wD63Bc

Newt Gingrich's known nickname is 'The Internationalist' (it was even on a Time article where he got the nickname) it was base on a globalist agenda starting from his Reagan and Clinton years and further on - its his relentless effort to promote globalist and trans-multinational corporations including UN agendas, big proponent of the WTO AND IMF to tie US government committing to legally binding contract like NAFTA, NAU, etch....

July 1995 speech, Newt Gingrich openly criticize the constitution as being a roadblock to a UN-managed global government.

“The American challenge in leading the world is compounded by our Constitution,” he said. “Under our [constitutional system] – either we’re going to have to rethink our Constitution, or we’re going to have to rethink our process of decision-making.” He went on to profess an oxymoronic belief in “very strong but limited federal government,” and pledged, “I am for the United Nations.”

He is also proponent of 'Futurist Democracy' changing the long traditional belief of democracy to a new order of democracy.

Gingrich is a Council on Foreign Relations member and can be seen with his close relationship mentor Henry Kissinger.

In 2005 he became the co-chair of a task force for UN reform, which aimed to produce a plan for the U.S. to help strengthen the UN.

Gingrich advised Defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld on strategic issues (including the Israeli–Palestinian conflict) - and he pushed for encouraging the Pentagon to not intervene their foreign policy influence to the State Department and National Security Council. Gingrich is also a guiding coalition member of the Project on National Security Reform (Patriotic Acts, Indefinite Detentions, etch).

Gingrich retired in the middle of his term in 1999 in favour of huge contracts, he was being paid to promote subsidies, entitlements, and central planning for corporations and privatization to multinational companies (sell off of public asset) which is a crony/corporatism (the opposite of "free enterprise") which will require a fascist government.

Republicans won't rally behind another politician who confuses 'free enterprise' with 'controlled enterprise for the oligarchy'.

Between 2001 and 2010, the companies he and his wife owned in full or part had revenues of almost $100 million (known).

Mostly he was being paid by big business to convince conservatives to support big-government policies that would profit his clients.

For example: one such client from many is Freddie Mac. Fees from the government-sponsored enterprise Freddie Mac, (from Bloomberg News). Gingrich's job was to help Freddie Mac win over conservatives to this market-distorting, bubble-fueling, housing-subsidy entity, which is now officially owned by the federal government (for later selling at cheap bargain price after being plump up).

Growth Energy, an ethanol lobby, and according to the group's tax filing paid $312,500 (there could be non-tax cash and other forms involve) to the Gingrich Group in 2009 to lobby on their behalf as Gingrich has consistently supported Growth Energy ethanol subsidies and preserve many ethanol subsidies and create new ones. Despite his professed allegiance to the free market on his 2012 Presidential campaign.

During the 2003 debate over the Medicare prescription drug benefit, a former employee of the nation's biggest drug lobby exposed Gingrich was being paid by the drug industry. "In the height of the debate," one conservative opponent of the bill said, "Newt was calling around" selling the bill as a great conservative measure even though it was a new federal entitlement.

The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America is one of the largest lobbying organizations in the country, and it was a leading advocate of Bush's Medicare drug bill, which provides billions of dollars in subsidies for seniors to buy drugs, while prohibiting Medicare from negotiating for lower drug prices.

The Bush White House and the Republican congressional leadership were pushing and supporting the new bill creating a new entitlement for all seniors, Washington conservatives mostly opposed the bill (because it's setting the market to a monopoly for a few price controller of drug pharmaceutical cartels and government exclusive contracts including subsidies). But Gingrich went around Washington at the time plumping for the bill to free-market groups and activists.

trey4sports
12-05-2011, 08:22 PM
bump.

J-Reg
12-05-2011, 08:37 PM
bump

Eric21ND
12-05-2011, 10:27 PM
Over 60% of Iowa caucus goers have very negative feelings toward Health Care mandates. I think you should tie Newt, Romney, and Obama all together.

Secondly, hit him on the social issues by robo calling that he endorsed a pro-choice candidate over a conservative.

Eric21ND
12-05-2011, 10:30 PM
Add the poll info about Ron Paul being the only one who can turn Iowa red and defeat Obama, and we're golden. Maybe small snapshot of him on the couch with Pelosi too.

Yeah definitely add the new Iowa poll numbers showing Ron tied 42-42 with Obama and Newt losing the state to Obama by -10 points.

Also ad in the Pelosi picture along with Obama, and ad Ron's Reagan picture.

Eric21ND
12-05-2011, 10:31 PM
Oh it matters, Iowa is a battleground state in the general election.

Eric21ND
12-05-2011, 10:32 PM
There's a much greater psychological effect here. If you're an Iowa Republican, you're gonna want to caucus for someone who can beat Obama in your state. Trust me, this is the single most important issue, and we HAVE to combat the unelectable label. Doing 10 points better than Gingrich in Iowa is a huge deal that we have to let voters know about.
Great point, its about psychology. The vast majority of republicans want a candidate that can beat Obama.

sofia
12-05-2011, 10:40 PM
I'm kicking around design concepts for a very visible, full page ad to run the Sunday before the Tues, Jan 3 IA caucus in the state-wide Des Moines Register. Cost is $30k for a full page color, waiting on b/w pricing (the concept I have in mind will look just fine in b/w). Will be run through RevPAC.

What I need is some short, well written bullet points (maybe 12) of the most devastating problems conservatives will have with Gingrich once they "get to know him".

Was thinking the headline might be "If you love Obama you'll love Newt" or something to that effect.

Would welcome any input.

But I think you'd be better off running a bunch of radio ads on Iowa stations during the Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity shows. Lots of conservatives dont even read the commie rags anymore.

30K would buy a boat load of radio spots. REPITITION always works better than one shot deals like a full page ad.

tsetsefly
12-05-2011, 11:12 PM
mention three things:

1. Supported Obama's individual health insurance mandate while receiving 37 million from insurance companies to his "think thank".
2. Was for the bailouts
3. Supported Obama's education plan (at least some of it)
4. Was cheating on wife while trying to impeach Clinton (dont use always but can be effective sometimes)

pauliticalfan
12-05-2011, 11:15 PM
If we're gonna go with a health care ad, call it "Bad Medicine" and compare Romney/Gingrich/Obama's health care ideas. Contrast this with Ron Paul's "Good Medicine" of limited government, pro-life position and his delivering of 4,000 babies. Although I'd rather focus on Gingrich as much as possible.

LibertyEagle
12-06-2011, 03:14 PM
Bump for more input.

Paulitics 2011
12-06-2011, 04:18 PM

No. If the campaign isn't running things like this, we shouldn't either. Our ads, while not officially connected to the campaign, reflect on them.

pauliticalfan
12-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Bump for urgency. Please tell me we have some design drafts.

AdamT
12-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Latest draft. Looks like we're switching to a half page b/w to save some cash (10" x 10.5").

This would be the top half of the half page. The pro-Paul half would be below (still working on it).

We could make them look like 2 separate ads. Not sure of the best approach.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa369/revpac/quarterpage.jpg

Could use input on the wording of Newt's "bad stuff".

teacherone
12-07-2011, 02:52 PM
is there any way to make an attack ad less "attacking".

i think a lot of republicans get turned off by negative ads.

maybe something like - getting the record straight...newt in his own words.

pauliticalfan
12-07-2011, 02:53 PM
1) No one's gonna read all that stuff.
2) Not very catchy.
3) It looks like Newt and Obama are facing off. Maybe if you put a heart around the whole thing (hey, I can kind of see the heart already) it will make more sense.

So yeah, If you're gonna actually stick with this design, put a big heart around them, and find a way to make the negatives easier to read.

dt_
12-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Yeah, "Newt in his own words" as the above user said might be a more productive approach. But it is a great start AdamT :)

teacherone
12-07-2011, 02:54 PM
also centered text always looks amateur to me.

teacherone
12-07-2011, 02:56 PM
that picture "serial hypocrisy" uses of gingrich towards the end - low angle, b and w, arms outstretched... would be perfect.

AdamT
12-07-2011, 03:00 PM
1) No one's gonna read all that stuff.

Don't be too sure. Last campaign when Larry Lepard paid for ads in USA Today (nice design) and the NY Times (wall of words), he received much more positive feedback from the wall of words ad.

2) Not very catchy.

Design looks good to me, clean and balanced.

3) It looks like Newt and Obama are facing off. Maybe if you put a heart around the whole thing (hey, I can kind of see the heart already) it will make more sense.

Read the headline and it's obvious they are being shown as similar, not facing off.

IndianaPolitico
12-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Latest draft. Looks like we're switching to a half page b/w to save some cash (10" x 10.5").

This would be the top half of the half page. The pro-Paul half would be below (still working on it).

We could make them look like 2 separate ads. Not sure of the best approach.

Could use input on the wording of Newt's "bad stuff".

I would take out ALOT of the text, people won't read all of that, just put in the best ones. I would also add bullet points beside each one. Also, I would make Ryan's quote larger, and read like this, "With allies like that [Newt Gingrich], who needs the left?" Nice work, I also look forward to seeing the pro Paul ad.

AdamT
12-07-2011, 03:02 PM
I would take out ALOT of the text, people won't read all of that, just put in the best ones. I would also add bullet points beside each one. Also, I would make Ryan's quote larger, and read like this, "With allies like that [Newt Gingrich], who needs the left?" Nice work, I also look forward to seeing the pro Paul ad.

Yeah can do, just help me decide what to take off and what to leave. Can definitely enlarge the Ryan quote.

Fr0m_3ur0pe
12-07-2011, 03:09 PM

THIS!

Paulitics 2011
12-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Don't be too sure. Last campaign when Larry Lepard paid for ads in USA Today (nice design) and the NY Times (wall of words), he received much more positive feedback from the wall of words ad.

Design looks good to me, clean and balanced.

Read the headline and it's obvious they are being shown as similar, not facing off.

I think you should reverse the order of the points, and make some bigger or bolder than others. For example, his healthcare and gun control positions should be near the top.

Eric21ND
12-07-2011, 03:24 PM
I don't think that ad will be very effective. The jumble of words is very unreadable and looks unattractive.

PastaRocket848
12-07-2011, 03:25 PM
waaaaaaaaaaay too much text. all of iowa will tl;dr.

LibertyEagle
12-07-2011, 07:13 PM
I am pretty sure he backs the UN's No Child Left Behind. Every conservative I have ever met hates that.

Yup, he did. http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/12/gingrich-backed-everything-the-right-hated-about-the-bush-years/249390/

LibertyEagle
12-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Yeah can do, just help me decide what to take off and what to leave. Can definitely enlarge the Ryan quote.

Conservative red meat is:

Gun control
Bailouts
Amnesty
Department of Education
No Child Left Behind
Individual healthcare mandate
Lobbyist

GeorgiaAvenger
12-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Conservative red meat is:

Gun control
Bailouts
Amnesty
Department of Education
No Child Left Behind
Individual healthcare mandate
Lobbyist

Yes

damiengwa
12-07-2011, 09:38 PM
bump?

PatriotOne
12-07-2011, 09:55 PM

Tarp, amnesty, gun control, and healthcare should be top of the list.

PatriotOne
12-07-2011, 10:08 PM
I agree with the pic comments. Perhaps you can find a picture of Newt smiling more?

pauliticalfan
12-07-2011, 10:35 PM
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3526/shhcy.jpg

Look at this little gem I found.

Headline "Shh, Don't Tell Anyone But..."

And then list all the things that Newt Gingrich stands for and has flip flopped on. This is gold.

wistfulthinker
12-07-2011, 11:04 PM
Not sure where the brainstorming is at and if we're talking about two different ads.

On the "like Obama, love Newt" one, I think the image is off. We do not want to pose Newt and O together; that puts an image of Newt as the gladiator to take on O this fall. Sure the writing doesn't say that, put images will stick after the words are forgotten. Repeat, we do not want to position these two as the contenders.

On the charm bracelet ad, love this idea. I would perhaps go with a more lux feel. A real gold and diamond charm bracelet sparkling on a back ground that's a grayed or sepia skin tone. All very posh feeling in that part, but then juxtapose with some jerkier, tougher feel for the words. Whoever is considering this ad, I'd love to help with the wording. Just PM me.

For me there's a pansy-man aura about Newt, perhaps a little whipped. The charm bracelet imagery reminds viewers of Newt's serial infidelity, his extravagance, and his woman-pleasing ways. I shiver to think of Callista, a woman who had an affair with a married man, an older man, a powerful man, as our first lady. Also I think this ad has potential to get a powerful message across to both men and women. I would brainstorm a bit more for ideas to put Paul in the ad in some organic way. Nothing comes to mind right now, but something I've heard mentioned by a couple of pundits seems to have potential. A couple people have said that if Reps get fed up enough they may just decide to go with their hearts, go with Paul. I think Paul is more of the heart-felt candidate for a lot of folks and we could kinda give them permission to go with it.

pauliticalfan
12-07-2011, 11:53 PM
I'm thinking something like this.

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/4102/newtad.jpg

J_White
12-08-2011, 01:09 AM
somebody said that Newt favored a national ID card in 80s or 90s. put that in if possible.
in 1981 when most Congressmen didnt like Israel attacking Iraq's nuke facility, Ron supported Iraq.
i am supposing Newt wouldn't have done that - so show his real colors about being "pro-Israel".

Eric21ND
12-08-2011, 01:19 AM

Much, much better! You need something easily digestible to voters.

Now include the Electability poll done by NBC/Marist showing Newt losing by -10 points to Obama and Dr. Paul polling even!

jtbraine
12-08-2011, 02:31 AM
Fnnn,n

pauliticalfan
12-08-2011, 03:10 AM
Much, much better! You need something easily digestible to voters.

Now include the Electability poll done by NBC/Marist showing Newt losing by -10 points to Obama and Dr. Paul polling even!

Like this?

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5595/newrex.jpg

LibertyEsq
12-08-2011, 03:13 AM
Like this?

Just for the record,

I really, really, really like this ad

pauliticalfan
12-08-2011, 03:15 AM
Just for the record,

I really, really, really like this ad

Well RevPAC is free to use it. If we can get this thing in newspapers and magazines across Iowa, I think it'll do a lot of good.

jtbraine
12-08-2011, 03:17 AM
Y,mm,m,m,m,,

Eric21ND
12-08-2011, 03:20 AM
First draft of thoughts. I'm guessing its not an ad campign that will run for weeks, so a single ad should do.
http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/3170/flipflop.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/flipflop.jpg/)

Here's my first thought on an imigration ad idea.
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6996/goldenticket.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/goldenticket.jpg/)

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7294/goldenticketr.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/217/goldenticketr.jpg/)
That's cute, comical, and attention grabbing. I like this angle too, one change though the amnesty flip flops should have the Mexican flag not the U.S. ;)

Eric21ND
12-08-2011, 03:22 AM
Like this?

Money!

jtbraine
12-08-2011, 03:26 AM
[,,n,n,n,

pauliticalfan
12-08-2011, 03:32 AM
You dont need to read this ad :) I can add copy if you want or inprove the newt obama photoshop.
http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/984/newtobama2.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/802/newtobama2.jpg/)

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/6835/newtobama.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/267/newtobama.jpg/)

Oh my!

I can't stop laughing LOL

Eric21ND
12-08-2011, 03:36 AM
lol haha ok but that may be alittle too edgy, well I did just photoshop Newts face on Obama and changed his skin tone. Maybe the black and white one is a little less obvious.Im an advertising art director. I normaly have mac monkeys do my photoshop. Im a fan of less words. or at least an idea in the image. Most people dont read any ads.
Yeah it belongs in a trendy magazine somewhere. I like the direction and humor though.

pauliticalfan
12-08-2011, 03:47 AM
So yeah, if people like my "Don't Tell" ad, RevPac is free to run it.

jtbraine
12-08-2011, 03:48 AM
mn,,nnn,

LibertyEsq
12-08-2011, 03:57 AM
So yeah, if people like my "Don't Tell" ad, RevPac is free to run it.

I would approve!

JoshLowry
12-08-2011, 03:57 AM
Like this?

Nice, did Gage take that photo? Copyright?

I believe this link below shows photos of Newt taken by Gage. He has let people use his photos in the past for grassroots projects w/ permission.

http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=22007612@N05&q=newt

jtbraine
12-08-2011, 04:00 AM
Im,,m,mm,

Gage
12-08-2011, 04:17 AM
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3526/shhcy.jpg

Look at this little gem I found.

Headline "Shh, Don't Tell Anyone But..."

And then list all the things that Newt Gingrich stands for and has flip flopped on. This is gold.

That is one of my photos actually. :p

bluesc
12-08-2011, 04:23 AM
Like this?

This. Is. Awesome.

Credit Gage and we're good to go.

jtbraine
12-08-2011, 04:31 AM
[jknmnm

Gage
12-08-2011, 04:49 AM
If you need a high res version of that image, here it is: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gageskidmore/5844394298/sizes/o/in/set-72157626882920857/

teacherone
12-08-2011, 04:53 AM
This. Is. Awesome.

Credit Gage and we're good to go.

change the word "can't" to blue on the bottom and "can" to red?

draw contrast?

nayjevin
12-08-2011, 05:04 AM

* BIG GOVERNMENT: Voted for NAFTA, GATT, supported the WTO
* BIG BAILOUT: Supported TARP and other bailouts
* BIG GLOBALIST: Lifelong support of world government and increasing U.N. power
* BIG MANDATE: Supports individual health care mandates like Romney, Obama, and Clinton
* BIG LOBBY: Paid in excess of 1.3 million by Freddie Mac to help build the housing bubble
* BIG LIBERAL: Co-sponsored 418 Congressional bills with Nancy Pelosi. Endorsed ultra-liberal NY Democrat Dede Scozzafava
* BIG CLIMATE: Worked with Al Gore and Pelosi to push 'Global Warming' legislation

BIG HOAX

Like this?

Take out 'Newt can't do it' and use graph instead of or in addition to numbers. RON PAUL CAN defeat Barack Obama and turn Iowa RED for Republicans!

I don't think those are newspaper colors btw, someone probably knows more than I do about that. Not sure the color is worth the money.

Emerick
12-08-2011, 05:20 AM
I think it'd be nice to see an ad comparing the flip flops of Newt and Mitt. In the top, there could be a quote of Matthew 5:37: "But let your communication be Yea, yea; Nay, nay etc.".

jtbraine
12-08-2011, 05:39 AM
[B,n,n,n,nn,

jtbraine
12-08-2011, 05:40 AM
mnmnnm

cdc482
12-08-2011, 05:46 AM
You should edit the photo more. Looks like Newt is raising his finger to make a point rather than shhhhh-ing his lips.

LibertyEagle
12-08-2011, 10:35 AM
Don't forget Newt's support for Cap and Trade.

Feeding the Abscess
12-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Since the official campaign decided to go negative against Newt with a pretty effective ad, why not go positive and promote Ron?

robmpreston
12-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Shouldn't the words be bigger? Could be hard to read for older people.

LibertyEagle
12-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Like this?

I think the numbers should be rearranged. Both Gingrich's and Ron's numbers should be at the top. ie. on the same level. Otherwise, if someone quickly glances you see a 47 in Gingrich's column and a 42 in Ron's. Otherwise, it takes more time for the reader to figure out what they are being shown.

In other words:

Gingrich: 37% Paul: 42%
Obama: 47% Obama: 42%

pauliticalfan
12-08-2011, 11:03 AM
I think the numbers should be rearranged. Both Gingrich's and Ron's numbers should be at the top. ie. on the same level. Otherwise, if someone quickly glances you see a 47 in Gingrich's column and a 42 in Ron's. Otherwise, it takes more time for the reader to figure out what they are being shown.

In other words:

Gingrich: 37% Paul: 42%
Obama: 47% Obama: 42%

Yeah, I was trying to avoid that with the line separator. And I wanted to create the effect of Ron being "on top" and Newt being "on bottom."

WD-NY
12-08-2011, 11:03 AM

Great ad. Terrible font. All caps is bad for the body copy. The font type is also a bit too 'modern' for the application/audience.

Other than that, the points are all solid

GeorgiaAvenger
12-08-2011, 04:39 PM
I like both the shushing ad and the Newt/Obama morph

pauliticalfan
12-08-2011, 04:53 PM
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/72/newtnew.jpg

pauliticalfan
12-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Great ad. Terrible font. All caps is bad for the body copy. The font type is also a bit too 'modern' for the application/audience.

Other than that, the points are all solid

Took your suggestion and made some changes. Thoughts?

pauliticalfan
12-08-2011, 05:17 PM
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/3556/smallwg.jpg

Smaller lines for your consideration.

trey4sports
12-08-2011, 05:34 PM
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/3556/smallwg.jpg

Smaller lines for your consideration.

Love this one!

pauliticalfan
12-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Let's run it then. Newt needs to be taken down ASAP.

pauliticalfan
12-08-2011, 07:32 PM
Is there a deadline for this?

pauliticalfan
12-09-2011, 02:19 PM
bump

IndianaPolitico
12-09-2011, 03:12 PM
I am concerned that if we attack Newt, and cause his supporters to leave, they won't come to us. I feel as though we need to run positive ads about Paul, and highlight in the anti Gingrich ad that Paul is the real conservative in the race.

Havax
12-09-2011, 03:22 PM
http://www.revolutionpac.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Newt-Ad-700x350.jpg

pauliticalfan
12-09-2011, 09:55 PM
24 days 'til Caucus Night.

Lord Xar
12-09-2011, 10:13 PM
I believe ReVPac is running with their original idea -- newt facing obama.

Anyways, I believe they should include Ron Paul on there somewhere.. right now, doesn't mention Ron Paul. They sent out a message on FB today, about it.

SilentBull
12-10-2011, 01:13 PM
Just saw it posted on Facebook. You might want to remove the globalist statement. That isn't going to convince regular Republican voters, and it might even turn them off.

Eric21ND
12-10-2011, 03:39 PM
I believe ReVPac is running with their original idea -- newt facing obama.

Anyways, I believe they should include Ron Paul on there somewhere.. right now, doesn't mention Ron Paul. They sent out a message on FB today, about it.
That's unfortunate. This latest ad is vastly superior!

Paulitics 2011
12-17-2011, 05:21 PM
I've been saying it over. Replace the fact that he endorsed the abortion/same-sex marriage activist with his record on gun control.

AdamT
12-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Combining several thread ideas here. Thoughts?

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa369/revpac/shhh_quarterpage.jpg

Gotta say, 'shopping out the podium was a challenge.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa369/revpac/shhh_split.jpg

GeorgiaAvenger
12-18-2011, 03:44 PM
Combining several thread ideas here. Gotta say, 'shopping out the podium was a challenge. Thoughts?

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa369/revpac/shhh_quarterpage.jpgVery good

trey4sports
12-18-2011, 03:54 PM
At this point, is it worth it to go negative against Newt? He is falling like a ROCK. Why not do a great ad touting Ron?

AdamT
12-18-2011, 03:55 PM
At this point, is it worth it to go negative against Newt? He is falling like a ROCK. Why not do a great ad touting Ron?

It's for a smaller paper that is fairly inexpensive. Might as well finish off the guy while he's down.

Liber Team
12-18-2011, 03:55 PM
awesome

pauliticalfan
12-18-2011, 03:57 PM
The ad looks great. But the dynamics of the race have changed so much, that I'd say we need to a) go after Romney b) run a positive Ron Paul ad or c) compare and contrast Romney and Ron Paul.

I guess we should wait until the next PPP poll comes out, but I'd say we need to shift focus to Romney.

pauliticalfan
12-18-2011, 03:59 PM
It's for a smaller paper that is fairly inexpensive. Might as well finish off the guy while he's down.

The Des Moines Register's a smaller paper?? I say we need to go after the guy that they endorsed.

tremendoustie
12-18-2011, 04:01 PM
Time to go after Romney.

trey4sports
12-18-2011, 04:02 PM

yeah, i get where you're coming from it just seems to me that we're now going to have to shift focus and an attack on Newt is OK, but bringing Ron's support up should be more important than taking Newt down.

AdamT
12-18-2011, 04:06 PM
The Des Moines Register's a smaller paper?? I say we need to go after the guy that they endorsed.

This would be in the Davenport, IA River Cities' Reader, circulation 22,000. Cost is $500 for a 10 x 5.625 color half page.

We're still raising funds for the DMR ad but it's slow going.

Paulitics 2011
12-18-2011, 04:10 PM
The new one is excellent! Great work with the photoshopping too.

pauliticalfan
12-18-2011, 04:12 PM
This would be in the Davenport, IA River Cities' Reader, circulation 22,000. Cost is $500 for a 10 x 5.625 color half page.

Romney won Scott County (where Davenport is located) in 2008 with 31%. Why doesn't it make sense to go after Romney there?

pauliticalfan
12-18-2011, 04:16 PM
I still think a compare/contrast ad should be considered.

Paul vs. Romney: The Consistent Conservative vs. The Chameleon Conservative

GeorgiaAvenger
12-18-2011, 04:16 PM

Good idea!

RonRules
12-18-2011, 04:17 PM
I think too much bad publicity on Newt will cause his type of voters to switch to Romney. For some reason, I think Newt's people are more likely to vote for Romney than Ron.

Newt won't win Iowa, but if many of his voters switch to Romney, the Romney will win Iowa and that's the worst thing that can happen. The establishment is behind Romney.

It's important to win Iowa, of course, but it's also important not to let Romney win. I favor attack ads against Romney instead.

It's best to keep Newt and Romney in an even balance, probably at around 20%. Ron will win this thing with 25%.

IndianaPolitico
12-18-2011, 04:17 PM
By all means, it is time to do positive pieces on Ron Paul. Gingrich is done.

AdamT
12-18-2011, 04:18 PM

Get some mockups going and see what we can come up with. What if it was Paul & Romney facing off like in the original Newt/Obama concept (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?334301-Gingrich-attack-ad-in-the-Des-Moines-Register-kicking-around-ideas-need-input&p=3818809&viewfull=1#post3818809)?

mconder
12-18-2011, 04:20 PM
I dont think we need any more Gingrich attack. We need Romney attack.

ONUV
12-18-2011, 04:20 PM
Time to go after Romney.

this. plenty of material.

trey4sports
12-18-2011, 04:21 PM
Get some mockups going and see what we can come up with. What if it was Paul & Romney facing off like in the original Newt/Obama concept?

Yes, that would be golden. There is so much dirt on Mitt's record it should be extremely easy to get good ads on him.

Huntsman's video has lots of good one liners on Mitt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFD-nJ_Gtys

pauliticalfan
12-18-2011, 04:26 PM
Get some mockups going and see what we can come up with. What if it was Paul & Romney facing off like in the original Newt/Obama concept (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?334301-Gingrich-attack-ad-in-the-Des-Moines-Register-kicking-around-ideas-need-input&p=3818809&viewfull=1#post3818809)?

I think that's a great idea. I'm free tonight so give me a few hours to come up with some mockups. I'll keep in touch in this thread. Let's keep the ideas flowing, this is good stuff.

AdamT
12-18-2011, 04:33 PM
Perfect side profile of Romney here. Needs to be cut out of the background.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6155/6149224376_9a10327254_z.jpg

Full res.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gageskidmore/6149224376/sizes/o/in/photostream/

AdamT
12-18-2011, 05:36 PM
Anyone have a high res of this source pic? I can't find it anywhere.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa369/revpac/Ron-Paul-Iowa-Poll.jpg

pauliticalfan
12-18-2011, 06:51 PM
So my photoshop skills are (obviously) terrible but here's a mockup I came up with. If anything, I think the picture of Ron is great to use. If you think so too I can give you the link.

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/1198/41347085.jpg

pauliticalfan
12-18-2011, 06:53 PM
There's always this ad I made that we can use.

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/8656/strongest.jpg

lakerssuck92
12-18-2011, 06:55 PM
So my photoshop skills are (obviously) terrible but here's a mockup I came up with. If anything, I think the picture of Ron is great to use. If you think so too I can give you the link.

I would put Ron's panel on the right hand side and Mittens' panel on the left. As in Ron is a right winger while Romney is a left winger - get it? Just my two cents....

trey4sports
12-18-2011, 07:03 PM
definetly hit him(mitt) on bailouts, abortion, romneycare, and a lot more.

this is a great article with tons of dirt on mitt and his record. www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/mitt-romney-flip-flopper-or-not/2011/11/30/gIQAH6ubEO_blog.html

Eric21ND
12-18-2011, 07:05 PM
So you're targeting Mittens now instead of Newt? Makes sense since Gingrich has been dropping lately.

GeorgiaAvenger
12-18-2011, 07:08 PM
So you're targeting Mittens now instead of Newt? Makes sense since Gingrich has been dropping lately.Both need to have ads targeting them. Its a 3-horse race.

Eric21ND
12-18-2011, 07:14 PM
I'm all for hitting both of them with manhole covers they call their "record".

pauliticalfan
12-18-2011, 07:22 PM
I'm gonna let AdamT and others take it from here as far as design.

MRoCkEd
12-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Definitely go with the Romney attack instead now.

"If Newt keeps falling it'll be good news for Mitt- 2nd choice of 30% of Gingrich voters, Paul only 11%: http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2011/12/paul-leads-in-iowa.html "

trey4sports
12-18-2011, 10:48 PM
Definitely go with the Romney attack instead now.

"If Newt keeps falling it'll be good news for Mitt- 2nd choice of 30% of Gingrich voters, Paul only 11%: http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2011/12/paul-leads-in-iowa.html "

good bump. Clearly Mittens should be our target if we go negative, but i'm still not sure that going positive and trying to get some soft support to jump aboard isn't a good idea. I mean, hey, generally if a candidate doesn't have a chance his/her support will gravitate toward one of the front-runners.

pauliticalfan
12-18-2011, 10:49 PM
In light of the new PPP poll, I hope we can come up with something real nice here shortly.

Liber Team
12-18-2011, 11:05 PM
In light of the new PPP poll, I hope we can come up with something real nice here shortly.

Here's something really nice! http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?338013-Iowa-quot-Oath-quot-Ad-Campaign-Chip-In!

Eric21ND
12-19-2011, 11:31 AM

We should try to get something into the Sioux City paper as well. Big Republican stronghold up there.

pauliticalfan
12-19-2011, 10:51 PM
How's this coming along?

trey4sports
12-20-2011, 08:22 AM
bump for update

GeorgiaAvenger
12-21-2011, 04:52 PM
bump

SpiritOf1776_J4
12-21-2011, 04:57 PM
I think since this is the last minute, you should change it to a Romney attack ad.

Gingrich will probably be far enough down, that the perception of some is that they should vote for Dr. Paul to prevent Romney from winning.

pauliticalfan
12-22-2011, 04:16 PM
bump

How about a straight up positive ad about RP?

Feeding the Abscess
12-22-2011, 04:19 PM
bump

How about a straight up positive ad about RP?

I think the Adherence To the Oath ad may be the one that is getting published.

pauliticalfan
12-22-2011, 09:00 PM
Here's a great image of Ron I found that I feel like would play well in Iowa.

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6753/6192780786f03c935007.jpg

pauliticalfan
02-05-2012, 12:11 AM

Proof that Bill Maher reads Ron Paul Forums, and he's stealing my ideas LOL.

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/50/proofh.jpg

pauliticalfan
02-05-2012, 01:29 AM
"In the unlikely event that Newt Gingrich becomes president, he must refer to Calista as the Third Lady." -Bill Maher on the same episode Friday.

2 weeks ago:

She'd be a great Third Lady.

Yep, Bill Maher definitely reads Ron Paul Forums lol