PDA

View Full Version : Chance to Ride on Ron Paul's Private Jet with Ron Paul?

lx43
12-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Here's an idea: whoever donates money between now and December 16th will be entered into a drawing to ride with Ron Paul on the private jet to the next debate. 3 seats will be given away in a drawing for those that donate the maximum of $2,500.00 and 2 seats for anyone that donates under that amount.

In order to enter to win the chance you must donate at least $100.00.

What do you think as away to raise funds for the campaign?

Kenso
12-02-2011, 10:53 PM
Doesn't sound half bad.

lx43
12-02-2011, 10:55 PM
I emailed the campaign about this several weeks ago, but as usual didn't hear a thing back. Poor customer service. lol

rideurlightning
12-02-2011, 10:55 PM
It sounds like a good idea, but we can hardly get the word out on the money bomb. I don't know how we'd get the word out on this.

Sentinelrv
12-02-2011, 10:57 PM
I liked the idea better about attaching "A day with Ron Paul" to whoever wins the pledge competition, when it finally gets put up. That would cause promotion to blow up.

lx43
12-02-2011, 10:58 PM
I think just an email from Ron Paul would be huge in terms of fundraising for this idea. RP has a lot of hardcore followers that would donate for just a chance to meet him in private and to fly on a private jet--I think. The stories you could tell and pictures would be worth it. lol

lx43
12-02-2011, 11:16 PM
I liked the idea better about attaching "A day with Ron Paul" to whoever wins the pledge competition, when it finally gets put up. That would cause promotion to blow up. Your idea of a day with Ron Paul could include a ride on the jet. :)

Chester Copperpot
12-02-2011, 11:17 PM
awesome idea

willwash
12-02-2011, 11:19 PM
I think just an email from Ron Paul would be huge in terms of fundraising for this idea. RP has a lot of hardcore followers that would donate for just a chance to meet him in private and to fly on a private jet--I think. The stories you could tell and pictures would be worth it. lol

I second this. $1,000 was pretty cheap to meet Ron, have dinner, get all my books of his signed, get pictures with him and Carol, and a bunch of campaign gear.

Sentinelrv
12-02-2011, 11:20 PM
Your idea of a day with Ron Paul could include a ride on the jet. :)

Yeah, but the point of it is to attach it to the pledge competition so everybody will promote the money bomb as much as they can. This is a prize most supporters would die for. The prize for Black This Out was only a silver piece.

lx43
12-02-2011, 11:23 PM
Yeah, but the point of it is to attach it to the pledge competition so everybody will promote the money bomb as much as they can. This is a prize most supporters would die for. The prize for Black This Out was only a silver piece.

First we have to get the campaign to approve the idea and go along.

McChronagle
12-02-2011, 11:27 PM
this would be a great promotion. id donate 100 easily

Xenophage
12-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Seems like there'd be some pretty big logistical challenges with this one. Gonna pay airfare for the winners to ride down to where they meet RP?

Napolitanic Wars
12-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Seems like a good idea. I always thought a 20 mile bike ride with Ron Paul called "Ride With Ron" would be a good choice too. That would get some press.

McDermit
12-02-2011, 11:39 PM
I suggested something similar as well--no response.

Romney is doing mini contests every week. Right now it is "Grab a Bite with Mitt." Donate $3 (previous contest was $5) for a chance to win lunch with Mitt.

One caveat--legally, you cannot charge a fee or require a purchase or donation for a sweepstakes. So a no-purchase entry method would be required. (Lotteries or raffles need a beaurocratic stamp of approval in most states.) You can still push for entry with a donation, but you need that "no purchase necessary" small print to avoid legal trouble.

cucucachu0000
12-02-2011, 11:42 PM
id say jack it up to 200 and we got an awesome way to also help promote the money bomb.

LibertyEagle
12-02-2011, 11:50 PM
Is this a good idea? I mean, do you really want to open it up to anyone at all riding with Ron Paul on his private plane?

Couldn't this be a major security issue?

lx43
12-02-2011, 11:51 PM
Seems like there'd be some pretty big logistical challenges with this one. Gonna pay airfare for the winners to ride down to where they meet RP?

The campaign can pay to meet him in a central location or grassroots can raise a few hundred for each winner for a plane ticket.

McChronagle
12-02-2011, 11:56 PM

the point of a promotion like this is to raise more than enough to cover the costs than they would have otherwise raised without the promotion. i think this could work better to raise money by offering a raffle ticket for every 100 donated or something like that. I imagine ron has some sort of security personnel and the chances that somebody would donate to ron to have an extemely slim chance of winning the raffle seems unlikely.

McDermit
12-03-2011, 12:01 AM
Is this a good idea? I mean, do you really want to open it up to anyone at all riding with Ron Paul on his private plane?

Couldn't this be a major security issue?

I wouldn't offer a plane ride as a prize, but something like a dinner with Ron, day on the campaign trail, apoearance in your home town, etc. would be a great idea.

The whole "make a donation for a chance to win" thing is a great fundraising tactic, and the campaign should be employing it.

They should also offer a discount on items from the campaign store in time for people to place Christmas orders. A 3-day sale would give a huge boost to store purchases, and there's enough of a markup that a discount could be offered without sacrificing profit.

Overall, HQ is a billion times better than in 07-08, but I do wonder about the folks in charge of fundraising... there's no innovation at all.

lx43
12-03-2011, 12:09 AM
I wouldn't offer a plane ride as a prize, but something like a dinner with Ron, day on the campaign trail, apoearance in your home town, etc. would be a great idea.

The whole "make a donation for a chance to win" thing is a great fundraising tactic, and the campaign should be employing it.

They should also offer a discount on items from the campaign store in time for people to place Christmas orders. A 3-day sale would give a huge boost to store purchases, and there's enough of a markup that a discount could be offered without sacrificing profit.

Overall, HQ is a billion times better than in 07-08, but I do wonder about the folks in charge of fundraising... there's no innovation at all.

Completely in agreement with you there, all it seems they do is beg for money. It gets old after awhile and quite frankly people start to pay little attention to the 10th email in a week asking for money. The campaign needs to do something creative to increase the amount of money raised. I put ride on the jet because who wouldn't like to ride on a private jet. It's an great experience and the best part you would be riding with Ron Paul. If this doesn't work, there are tons of other things they could do besides the generic email for money.

vechorik
12-03-2011, 09:12 AM
Here's an idea: whoever donates money between now and December 16th will be entered into a drawing to ride with Ron Paul on the private jet to the next debate. 3 seats will be given away in a drawing for those that donate the maximum of $2,500.00 and 2 seats for anyone that donates under that amount.

In order to enter to win the chance you must donate at least $100.00.

What do you think as away to raise funds for the campaign?

How about the same deal with the winners chosen from those with the most "CALLS FROM HOME"

Crotale
12-03-2011, 09:16 AM
I liked the idea better about attaching "A day with Ron Paul" to whoever wins the pledge competition, when it finally gets put up. That would cause promotion to blow up.

This. Completely this.

lx43
12-03-2011, 06:50 PM
How about the same deal with the winners chosen from those with the most "CALLS FROM HOME"

Good idea as well. Hope the campaign is paying attention.

thehighwaymanq
12-03-2011, 07:16 PM
I wish we could do something like this

dntrpltt
12-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Is it retroactive? Do people who have already maxed out/donated over 100 get entered as well? Otherwise, I love this idea :D

lx43
12-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Is it retroactive? Do people who have already maxed out/donated over 100 get entered as well? Otherwise, I love this idea :D

No this is nothing the campaign has said the would do, I hope posting this to a public forum and with them seeing the positive messages they will do something--preferably before the Dec 16th moneybomb. I kind a doubt though the campaign seems resigned to raise money by the old tried method of emails, moneybombs, and letters.

helmuth_hubener
12-03-2011, 10:26 PM
I am sure they're overwhelmed with tons of people e-mailing them all the time, and I really hope they are not spending all their time reading threads on RPF. I do like these ideas. Not sure the best way to convey the ideas to the people who need to hear it in the campaign. Maybe call a local office and speak to someone directly who can pass it on up the line if they like it?

lx43
12-05-2011, 12:43 PM
I am sure they're overwhelmed with tons of people e-mailing them all the time, and I really hope they are not spending all their time reading threads on RPF. I do like these ideas. Not sure the best way to convey the ideas to the people who need to hear it in the campaign. Maybe call a local office and speak to someone directly who can pass it on up the line if they like it?

They need to have someone devoted to responding.

Stevo_Chill
12-05-2011, 12:46 PM

this. the campaign should be on it.

helmuth_hubener
12-05-2011, 01:39 PM
So has anyone called up a local office or anyone attached to the campaign who can do something about this? I'd hate to see this good idea wasted. People really would get excited to have a chance to spend time with Ron Paul. Hard to see anyone, even the most ardent supporter, getting too excited about spending time with cardboard-cutout personality-less Romney, but apparently it's working even for him, so it would work for us a hundred-fold better.

lx43
12-05-2011, 08:21 PM
this. the campaign should be on it.

Sadly, the campaign doesn't respond.

lx43
12-05-2011, 08:23 PM
So has anyone called up a local office or anyone attached to the campaign who can do something about this? I'd hate to see this good idea wasted. People really would get excited to have a chance to spend time with Ron Paul. Hard to see anyone, even the most ardent supporter, getting too excited about spending time with cardboard-cutout personality-less Romney, but apparently it's working even for him, so it would work for us a hundred-fold better.

No I haven't gotten a response.

ZanZibar
12-05-2011, 10:24 PM
The plane is too small for this sort of thing, and the logistics are too hard. Besides have you ever seen Ron while he travels? He's busy:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/2012-I/Rand-Ron-on-plane-ipads.jpg

lx43
12-05-2011, 10:26 PM
The plane is too small for this sort of thing, and the logistics are too hard. Besides have you ever seen Ron while he travels? He's busy:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/2012-I/Rand-Ron-on-plane-ipads.jpg

I see 3 seats he could give to donors.

playpianoking
12-05-2011, 10:39 PM
I think this is a great idea! And it's saddening that the campaign staff doesn't respond to good ideas like these. Do they even monitor this forum?
There could be a reddit-like rating and posting system on the campaign site in a special forum area so we as the supporters can essentially have our voices heard and vote on things that the campaign needs to see. Especially if people have been converted - they can say what worked for them - so we can do more of it.

WD-NY
12-05-2011, 10:50 PM
I take it very few of you here receive email updates from Team Obama?? LOL (come on guys, competitive research = A MUST)

Obama pushes "Dinner with Barack & Michelle" every quarter. Here's their latest version... look at how ridiculous the subject line is... (high open-rate though I'm sure)

Subject: (MyName), I want to meet you

I'm excited for the chance to meet you and whoever you decide to bring to dinner.

I really hope you give this a shot.

Give $3 or whatever you can to be automatically entered for you and a guest to have dinner with Barack and me:

https://donate.barackobama.com/Dinner-With-Us

Hope to see you soon,
Michelle

Seriously, click on that link.

This is a FANTASTIC idea. Combining this was the Tea Party Day Money Bomb would be HUGE IMO.

My other change would be to drop the 'entry' donation amount down to $20 (or even $10). If the campaign wants to get super fancy, they can give you a 'ticket' for every $20 you donate (so someone who donates $100 gets 5 tickets .... not sure what to do about those who have already maxed out though =/ )

Remember, Ron has a supporter/donor list that numbers in the 100s of thousands... add to this Rand Paul's list, Campaign for Liberty's list, etc.... and all of a sudden, 100k $10 or $20 dollar donations quickly adds up to SERIOUS $$.

I've always felt that the $100 threshold hurts our Money Bomb efforts more than it helps. $100 = way to high to entice those who weren't thinking of donating to say "what the heck, might as well send a few bucks".. and in a "win a day with Paul" type of contest, set the bar that high would be borderline cruel to all of the supporters who would love to meet RP, do everything they can to help get the word out, but simply don't have an extra $100 to give.

Again, go check the Obama site and see if it doesn't add a little more context to this really wonderful idea.
https://donate.barackobama.com/Dinner-With-Us

p.s. why doesn't the campaign invest a little time/money into ronpaul2012.com?? We don't even have a 'Issues page' for Student Loan/Debt (an issue that the MSM has attacked us on twice!). Look at obama's issues page for it: http://www.barackobama.com/record/education?source=primary-nav - click the 'share via email' button.. this isn't rocket science. They're just crossing the t's and dotting the i's

ZanZibar
12-05-2011, 11:00 PM
I think this is a great idea! And it's saddening that the campaign staff doesn't respond to good ideas like these. Do they even monitor this forum?Don't you think that the campaign has not honestly considered doing something like this? :confused: Is it possible that maybe they aren't doing it for a reason? Just sayin'....

ZanZibar
12-05-2011, 11:00 PM
I see 3 seats he could give to donors.That was obviously a special event. Have you seen Ron's entourage lately?

lx43
12-05-2011, 11:05 PM
That was obviously a special event. Have you seen Ron's entourage lately?

They can stay home one time. Don't you think supporters should be rewarded for their work and donations?????? It would give supporters a chance to meet their idiol.

ZanZibar
12-05-2011, 11:09 PM
They can stay home one time. Don't you think supporters should be rewarded for their work and donations?????? It would give supporters a chance to meet their idiol.You do realize the campaign has fundraisers, right?

lx43
12-05-2011, 11:15 PM
You do realize the campaign has fundraisers, right?

Evidently they aren't raising enough money; otherwise they would not be emailing several times a week asking for donations or snail mail 5 letters in the past two weeks. Just trying to offer them more creative way to raise money. Hell even Obama's fundraising is more creative than Pauls.

helmuth_hubener
12-05-2011, 11:20 PM
This is so obviously a good idea. The campaign obviously needs to do it. There is no reason not to do it, ZanZibar notwithstanding. It would raise a lot of money. Raising a lot of money is good; that's what I've been told.

squirekyle
12-05-2011, 11:25 PM
great great great

roversaurus
12-05-2011, 11:36 PM
I think it would be great!

Couldn't they do something like come visit someone at their home or place of work? Just a single random donor.
I think such a contest would get lots more donors.

And When doctor Paul came to visit someone in Somewhere, New York or Otherplace, Colorado it would also make a small amount of news, at least locally.
The contest would also bump up the contribution #'s

Luieburger
12-06-2011, 12:34 AM
Obama does "donate for a chance to have dinner with me" type events. This sounds like the same thing, but better. Private Jet?!?!? WOOOOO!!!!

MJU1983
12-06-2011, 12:46 AM
That was obviously a special event. Have you seen Ron's entourage lately?

http://www.netjets.com/netjets_fleet/pdfs/boeing_business_jet.pdf

:p

McDermit
12-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Don't you think that the campaign has not honestly considered doing something like this? :confused: Is it possible that maybe they aren't doing it for a reason? Just sayin'....

No. They have no good reason for not doing it. (Not a private jet meeting specifically, but any contest oriented fundraiser.)

This would be a fantastic way to get new donors. Lunch with Ron... $400 for a plane ticket, $200 for a room for a night, $100 on ground transport. The cost to the campaign in running a promo like this would be minimal compared to what it would raise.

ZanZibar
12-06-2011, 10:30 AM
No. They have no good reason for not doing it. Really? Can you explain why they aren't doing it then?

helmuth_hubener
12-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Really? Can you explain why they aren't doing it then? Last I heard, humans are not perfect.

vechorik
12-06-2011, 01:11 PM
MONEY rules the world doesn't it?

How about the one that WORKED the most for the campaign?

Door to door
Call from home
Manning tables

THE GRUNGE WORK THAT CANNOT BE BOUGHT!

lx43
12-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Steve Emigh: Steven thank you for posting my thread to Doug Wead, his comment on this was he "loved it". Hopefully the campaign will take action.

Steve Emigh
Here is what the grassroots wants Doug. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?334287-Chance-to-Ride-on-Ron-Paul-s-Private-Jet-with-Ron-Paul
Chance to Ride on Ron Paul's Private Jet with Ron Paul?
www.ronpaulforums.com
Here's an idea: whoever donates money between now and December 16th will be entered into a drawing to ride with Ron Paul on the private jet to the next debate. 3 seats will be given away in a drawing for those that donate the maximum of $2,500.00 and 2 seats for anyone that donates under that amo...
Like · · Share · 3 hours ago ·

2 people like this.
Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian oh, i love it.
3 hours ago · Like

lx43
12-06-2011, 03:26 PM
http://www.facebook.com/DougWeadOfficial?sk=wall

Steve Emigh
Doug, will the Ron Paul offer a opportunity for people who donate to his campaign a chance to fly with him in his jet and ride around with him? maybe 3 people who donated max $2,500 and 2 people who donated less than $2,500?
Like · · 3 hours ago ·

Steve Emigh with a $20 minimum donation for a chance to enter.
3 hours ago · Like
Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Steve, this is like Sean's idea. I love it and have been advocating this. I will tell John Tate. He is the master at all fundraising.
3 hours ago · Like · 1
Steve Emigh Yes, I saw it on the Ron Paul Forums, but I couldn't find the link. I wanted to link it.
3 hours ago · Like

steve7
12-06-2011, 03:27 PM
I received lots of good replys from Doug. How about this one? Steve Emigh
Can you please coach Dr. Paul on responding to the third party candidate question? How about saying, "Will the other candidates supporters support me when I win the nomination?"
Unlike · · 8 minutes ago ·
You and 5 others like this.

Benjamin Rogers Perfect.
5 minutes ago · Like

Matt Verduci That really would be amazing! That big, playful, Ron Paul grin after making the statement? Please! That is political gold!
5 minutes ago · Like

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Hey, that's good. love it. ha, ha, ha.
2 minutes ago · Unlike · 1

Nancy Smith Love it. They are trying to make him look like he knows he won't win the nomination.

lx43
12-06-2011, 03:46 PM
I received lots of good replys from Doug. How about this one? Steve Emigh
Can you please coach Dr. Paul on responding to the third party candidate question? How about saying, "Will the other candidates supporters support me when I win the nomination?"
Unlike · · 8 minutes ago ·
You and 5 others like this.

Benjamin Rogers Perfect.
5 minutes ago · Like

Matt Verduci That really would be amazing! That big, playful, Ron Paul grin after making the statement? Please! That is political gold!
5 minutes ago · Like

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Hey, that's good. love it. ha, ha, ha.
2 minutes ago · Unlike · 1

Nancy Smith Love it. They are trying to make him look like he knows he won't win the nomination.

haha that is a good one. :)

helmuth_hubener
12-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Thank you! Sounds like the idea has been conveyed to important people. Now it is up to the campaign staff if they want to run with it.

WD-NY
12-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Update: Just received this gem of an email from Obama... does anyone here honestly not think fundraising 'prizes' like this wouldn't drum up at least an extra $million dollars in the next 2 weeks??

Date: Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 7:10 PM
Subject: My dinner with Barack
To: xxx <xxx@gmail.com>

xxx --

My name is Wendi, and about a month ago, I had dinner with President Obama.

It was one of the most significant experiences of my life.

Click here to take that chance for yourself. (http://my.barackobama.com/page/m/55c161af/5055e23a/12015dd67/118a4bc2/3572070641/VEsH/p/eyJKU1ZEVlZOVVQwMWZSRUZVUVZORlZGdHpiSFZuUFdadmJHUm xjbDlrWVhSaGMyVjBMR3RsZVQxbWIyeGtaWEpmYUdGemFGMGxK UT09IjoiYzIwNmNhYTAyOGMwYWZiZGQ2OTU2ZmFhZTU1YjEwMW QiLCJKU1ZEVlZOVVQwMWZSRUZVUVZORlZGdHpiSFZuUFdacGJH VmZaR0YwWVhObGRDeHJaWGs5Wm1sc1pWOW9ZWE5vWFNVbCI6Im VmMjNmMDM4Nzg0MmVlMDJmN2IyNjMyZTQwMzA0YzlhIn0=/)

It all happened because I responded to a "Dinner with Barack" email in my inbox. I was planning on making a donation anyway, so I thought I might as well do it now.

When I got the call, I couldn't believe it -- and when I flew out to D.C. for the dinner, I really couldn't believe it. I'm just one of more than a million grassroots supporters of this campaign. But a few hours later there I was.

I never imagined that I would sit down for a conversation, let alone a meal, with the President of the United States.

If you've thought about entering but haven't taken the chance yet, I urge you to do so now. You never know what might happen.

And I hear the First Lady is going to be there for this one, too ... very cool.

Will you donate $15 or whatever you can today to be automatically entered to win dinner with Barack and Michelle? (http://my.barackobama.com/page/m/55c161af/5055e23a/12015dd67/118a4bc2/3572070641/VEsE/p/eyJKU1ZEVlZOVVQwMWZSRUZVUVZORlZGdHpiSFZuUFdadmJHUm xjbDlrWVhSaGMyVjBMR3RsZVQxbWIyeGtaWEpmYUdGemFGMGxK UT09IjoiYzIwNmNhYTAyOGMwYWZiZGQ2OTU2ZmFhZTU1YjEwMW QiLCJKU1ZEVlZOVVQwMWZSRUZVUVZORlZGdHpiSFZuUFdacGJH VmZaR0YwWVhObGRDeHJaWGs5Wm1sc1pWOW9ZWE5vWFNVbCI6Im VmMjNmMDM4Nzg0MmVlMDJmN2IyNjMyZTQwMzA0YzlhIn0=/)

I've supported Barack Obama for a long time, and in 2008, I phone banked and canvassed for him near my hometown of Corydon, Indiana.

To be able to talk to him in person, to connect with him across the dinner table, was very special.

I told him about my son and his college loans, my work as an artist, and asked him about public education -- I could tell that he was genuinely listening to each of us, even though I'm sure he had a lot going on that day, and his own family back at the White House.

When I got back home, I told my husband and friends that the President was exactly the man we all thought he was: modest, genuine, engaged, and very caring.

It's a memory I will cherish for the rest of my life. I'm so glad I decided to enter.

Join me by giving $15 or more, and start thinking about who you'd invite to dinner:

https://donate.barackobama.com/Dinner (http://my.barackobama.com/page/m/55c161af/5055e23a/12015dd67/118a4bc2/3572070641/VEsF/p/eyJKU1ZEVlZOVVQwMWZSRUZVUVZORlZGdHpiSFZuUFdadmJHUm xjbDlrWVhSaGMyVjBMR3RsZVQxbWIyeGtaWEpmYUdGemFGMGxK UT09IjoiYzIwNmNhYTAyOGMwYWZiZGQ2OTU2ZmFhZTU1YjEwMW QiLCJKU1ZEVlZOVVQwMWZSRUZVUVZORlZGdHpiSFZuUFdacGJH VmZaR0YwWVhObGRDeHJaWGs5Wm1sc1pWOW9ZWE5vWFNVbCI6Im VmMjNmMDM4Nzg0MmVlMDJmN2IyNjMyZTQwMzA0YzlhIn0=/)

Good luck,

Wendi

Wendi Smith
Corydon, Indiana

P.S. -- Here's a picture of me after signing a postcard with my artwork on it for President Obama. He asked if he could have one at dinner, but I thought he may forget about it when it was time to go. He didn't. The President made sure someone found a pen so I could sign it for him before he left. I wrote, "To Mr. President, with love and respect, Wendi Smith."

http://assets.bostatic.com/images/email/o2012_photo_thumbnail_dwb_wendi.jpg (http://my.barackobama.com/page/m/55c161af/5055e23a/12015dd67/118a4bc2/3572070641/VEsC/p/eyJKU1ZEVlZOVVQwMWZSRUZVUVZORlZGdHpiSFZuUFdadmJHUm xjbDlrWVhSaGMyVjBMR3RsZVQxbWIyeGtaWEpmYUdGemFGMGxK UT09IjoiYzIwNmNhYTAyOGMwYWZiZGQ2OTU2ZmFhZTU1YjEwMW QiLCJKU1ZEVlZOVVQwMWZSRUZVUVZORlZGdHpiSFZuUFdacGJH VmZaR0YwWVhObGRDeHJaWGs5Wm1sc1pWOW9ZWE5vWFNVbCI6Im VmMjNmMDM4Nzg0MmVlMDJmN2IyNjMyZTQwMzA0YzlhIn0=/)

When times get tough, the tough get creative. Hope to see Paul's campaign launch a "Dinner with Ron Paul" type of contest very soon.

Doug Wead is usually pretty responsive to posts on his facebook wall (https://www.facebook.com/DougWeadOfficial?sk=wall). If anyone here has some rapport with him already, it would be great to hear his thoughts on this idea :)

lx43
12-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Update: Just received this gem of an email from Obama... does anyone here honestly not think fundraising 'prizes' like this wouldn't drum up at least an extra $million dollars in the next 2 weeks??

When times get tough, the tough get creative. Hope to see Paul's campaign launch a "Dinner with Ron Paul" type of contest very soon.

Doug Wead is usually pretty responsive to posts on his facebook wall (https://www.facebook.com/DougWeadOfficial?sk=wall). If anyone here has some rapport with him already, it would be great to hear his thoughts on this idea :)

Its already been posted to his wall.

McChronagle
12-06-2011, 10:21 PM
i asked doug the following question. leaves it open to more than just a plane ride with RP. this guy is funny

Has the campaign considered giving a raffle ticket per x amt of dollars donated to win a dinner or meeting with Ron? I could see this attracting a lot more donations.

Doug:

I love this idea. The Romney people are doing it. Only problem is that nobody wants to have dinner with Romney. Ha. Yes... we've got to do the same thing. Altho. Our fundraising has not been too bad. Ha.

helmuth_hubener
12-06-2011, 11:50 PM
Good job, everyone! Good job, campaign! See, the campaign is not so evil and unresponsive after all. But neither must we take the ZanZibar approach of believing they are infallible. Let's all try to help the campaign however we can, remember we are all on the same team, and win this thing!

Beorn
12-06-2011, 11:53 PM
I love that right now this thread is directly below "Ron Paul and the environment." lol

I love the environment, but not enough that I would skip a chance to ride in a private jet with Dr. Paul.

robfellner
12-07-2011, 02:14 AM
Last I heard, humans are not perfect.

Zanzibar believes that if the campaign does something that de facto proves it is the only thing anyone should be doing. At least he is consistent because he also believes if the campaign is not doing something that thing is de facto inefficient, wasteful, etc.

It appears his brain is very narrowly focused on that which is right in front of him, abstract concepts such as economics, cost-benefit analysis, subjective value, dynamic preference changes etc. are outside his scope.

It is kind of like he is a computer from 1983 that has been programmed to perform one task and is incapable of recognizing any information or concepts outside of that task. Although he does seem to spend quite a bit of time spewing his nonsense on this forum and not performing the ultimate most efficient use of resources possible - official campaign operations!!

ZanZibar
12-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Zanzibar believes that if the campaign does something that de facto proves it is the only thing anyone should be doing. At least he is consistent because he also believes if the campaign is not doing something that thing is de facto inefficient, wasteful, etc.

It appears his brain is very narrowly focused on that which is right in front of him, abstract concepts such as economics, cost-benefit analysis, subjective value, dynamic preference changes etc. are outside his scope.Did it ever occur to you that the campaign actually factors those things in too? Is it possible that maybe a winning strategy should be followed absolutely?
the ZanZibar approach of believing they are infallible.I never said the campaign was "infallible" as you have suggested. No campaign is perfect, there is always more that can be improved upon. But in this case wouldn't you say that the campaign has done a nearly perfect job thus far?

helmuth_hubener
12-07-2011, 11:38 AM
But in this case wouldn't you say that the campaign has done a nearly perfect job thus far? The official campaign is doing an excellent job, and all the more excellent because of the willingness of the grassroots to offer their ideas. We can all work together and have fun in this campaign. Any animosity between official and grassroots is totally artificial, totally unnecessary, and totally unhelpful.

ZanZibar
12-07-2011, 11:49 AM
The official campaign is doing an excellent job, and all the more excellent because of the willingness of the grassroots to offer their ideas. We can all work together and have fun in this campaign. Any animosity between official and grassroots is totally artificial, totally unnecessary, and totally unhelpful.Exactly!

robfellner
12-07-2011, 08:38 PM
Exactly!

I think the official campaign is fantastic. I think Zanzibar literally has no understanding of the nature of measurement and can only deal in absolutes. His referral to the "official campaign has taken this into consideration and then not doing it" as meaning such an activity is not worth doing is troubling on a number of levels.

Economics matters. You should learn it before you bother people with your nonsense, that I have repeatedly demonstrated is absurd on its face.

Economies of scale matter. The campaign is not omniscient. The only reason I engage you at all is to demonstrate how utterly stupid all your comments are to others. I have no interest or expectation that you can grasp the basic concepts - I mean isn't the recognition of measurement and degrees pretty basic? -if you have failed to do so at this point in your adult life.

If you weren't quite so dense and immune to the existence of the aforementioned concepts I would think your relentless trolling is more motivated by fear. A fear that if the campaign starts running low on funds they will look to cut dead weight; which by the statements you continually make coupled with the amount of time you spend repeating them on these forums (and not phone banking!), it is quite understandable to think that dead weight would be you specifically.

ZanZibar
12-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Economics matters. You should learn it before you bother people with your nonsense, that I have repeatedly demonstrated is absurd on its face.

Economies of scale matter. The campaign is not omniscient. The only reason I engage you at all is to demonstrate how utterly stupid all your comments are to others. I have no interest or expectation that you can grasp the basic concepts - I mean isn't the recognition of measurement and degrees pretty basic? -if you have failed to do so at this point in your adult life. Please put me on ignore so that I don't have to waste my time explaining you don't know what you are talking about :rolleyes:

wgadget
12-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Well, after spending a few minutes thinking about it...Ron probably doesn't want to whore himself out for money. He is a serious candidate, unlike Obama, who is foolish enough to charge people $35,000 a plate to dine with him.

Ron is much more down-to-earth.

ZanZibar
12-07-2011, 09:14 PM
Well, after spending a few minutes thinking about it...Ron probably doesn't want to whore himself out for money. He is a serious candidate, unlike Obama, who is foolish enough to charge people $35,000 a plate to dine with him.

Ron is much more down-to-earth.:)

robfellner
12-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Please put me on ignore so that I don't have to waste my time explaining you don't know what you are talking about :rolleyes:

Surrender accepted.

WD-NY
12-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Just wanted to update this thread with the latest email from obama (competitive analysis ftw).

The Tea Party Money Bomb is in 7 days (yikes!)... do you think that John Tate will launch something similar to this so that we can maximize the amount of money raised on December 16th?? It's now over never imo. We need something to get the 100,000+ supporters who don't yet know about it or who don't feel inclined to donate even $20 to get on board. I could see 50,000+ people sending in $20 for a chance to meet with Paul. That would add an extra $1,000,000 to whatever the 'hardcore' grassroots raises that day.

From: Ken Knight <info@barackobama.com>Date: Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 3:20 PM
Subject: Video: President Obama talks about his father
To: xxx <xxx@gmail.com>

On October 27th, I got to do something most people will never do: I had dinner with President Obama.

It was like sitting down for dinner with an old friend. Sure, we talked about some of his ideas, but we also talked about more personal things.

I asked him about growing up without his father. You have to see his answer for yourself:

http://assets.bostatic.com/images/email/o2012_video_thumbnail_fathers_imapct.jpg (http://my.barackobama.com/page/m/55c161fe/5055e23a/1277b93fb/118a4fad/3101781268/VEsE/p/eyJKU1ZEVlZOVVQwMWZSRUZVUVZORlZGdHpiSFZuUFdadmJHUm xjbDlrWVhSaGMyVjBMR3RsZVQxbWIyeGtaWEpmYUdGemFGMGxK UT09IjoiYzIwNmNhYTAyOGMwYWZiZGQ2OTU2ZmFhZTU1YjEwMW QiLCJKU1ZEVlZOVVQwMWZSRUZVUVZORlZGdHpiSFZuUFdacGJH VmZaR0YwWVhObGRDeHJaWGs5Wm1sc1pWOW9ZWE5vWFNVbCI6Im VmMjNmMDM4Nzg0MmVlMDJmN2IyNjMyZTQwMzA0YzlhIn0=/)

You could get a chance to have a conversation with him like this, too. Donate $15 or whatever you can today to be automatically entered:

https://donate.barackobama.com/Dinner-Video

I hear that the First Lady will be at the next Dinner with Barack. I didn't get a chance to meet her, but you might.

Thanks and good luck,

Ken

Ken Knight
Chandler, Arizona

seeknshare
12-09-2011, 08:41 PM
This is great idea!
On Daily Paul, a supporter had a thread where he auctioned Million dollar worthless Zimbabwe note, with Dr Paul's signature on it (it's weight in gold, with his signature) on eBay, raised some $1800+ for it and donated to campaign.
Innovative ideas, like this one e.g. (Day with Dr Paul, Plane ride, dinner etc) should be encouraged and implemented. Those have HUGE potential.

lx43
12-11-2011, 12:26 AM
If anyone has contact with the campaign, please push this with them.

dntrpltt
12-11-2011, 06:01 PM
No this is nothing the campaign has said the would do, I hope posting this to a public forum and with them seeing the positive messages they will do something--preferably before the Dec 16th moneybomb. I kind a doubt though the campaign seems resigned to raise money by the old tried method of emails, moneybombs, and letters.

I was simply remarking on the fact that if the campaign were to do something like this, retroactivity would definitely need to be explained in the rules or whatever.