PDA

View Full Version : Slogan for TeaParty07 ?

James R
11-07-2007, 04:54 AM
Here are my ideas:

An ocean of tea can set us free!
The dumping of tea that set us free!
Tea Time ending Tyranny!

JordanL
11-07-2007, 05:10 AM
Well, I own ournewteaparty.com and the slogan I will be using is:

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"

Richandler
11-07-2007, 05:47 AM
The party has just begun.

James R
11-07-2007, 06:17 AM

I like it!

JenHarris
11-07-2007, 06:31 AM
"The party has just begun."

I like that.

Conza88
11-07-2007, 06:57 AM
The POLL here, grabbed from Dailypaul.com

http://www.pollburner.com/takePoll.php?id=6faf203295a8

What would the media say about the two frontrunners in this poll?

- The two front runners:

No taxation for global occupation!
= What the hell, global occupation?

No taxation without representation!
= No representation? - CONGRESS is not representing the people of America? 70% want out of Iraq? - And they keep funding it? Thats bullshit! Yea no taxation without representation!

Please go vote. Cheers. Edit: Not my poll or anything, I just don't want that global occupation one to win. They all need work imo.

McLane2007
11-07-2007, 07:34 AM
We can't expect the same 38,000 people to keep donating we need more support. Hit the pavement with your Slim Jims and hand them out to everyone that will take one. They only cost $5 for 100. Focus on older people they vote at a higher percentage than any other group.

KewlRonduderules
11-07-2007, 07:48 AM

This sounds VERY catchy!!!

Use it!

NinjaPirate
11-07-2007, 07:48 AM
The party has just begun. Simple, yet catchy. :D

Adam0980
11-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Can I just add...I think this is really stupid actually. It's not a bar mitzvah or wedding or some big party somewhere. Catchy or not, it is not fitting. I personally think some sort of slogan is unnecessary and can be dealt with once we get the site up and running, but nevertheless if we have some sort of slogan it should not evoke, whether intentional or not, an image of partying.

KewlRonduderules
11-07-2007, 09:06 AM
Can I just add...I think this is really stupid actually. It's not a bar mitzvah or wedding or some big party somewhere. Catchy or not, it is not fitting. I personally think some sort of slogan is unnecessary and can be dealt with once we get the site up and running, but nevertheless if we have some sort of slogan it should not evoke, whether intentional or not, an image of partying.

Huh? I was not even thinking of "partying" when I read the quote. I was thinking more in line as a group- beginning to celebrate our victory over the establishement.

Bar Mitzvah, wedding, some big party, partying?- WHAT?! Where on earth did you come up with that?

NinjaPirate
11-07-2007, 09:10 AM
Huh? I was not even thinking of "partying" when I read the quote. I was thinking more in line as a group- beginning to celebrate our victory over the establishement.

Bar Mitzvah, wedding, some big party, partying?- WHAT?! Where on earth did you come up with that?

I'm a bit baffled, too. I didn't have Jager bombs, and shotgunning beers in mind...

JordanL
11-07-2007, 09:10 AM

I was thinking of party as in political party. It's actually a pretty clever play on words.

misconstrued
11-07-2007, 09:18 AM
"Remember, remember the 16th of December..." ;)

Kregener
11-07-2007, 09:19 AM
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s167/Kregener/HCOF.jpg

Midnight77
11-07-2007, 09:19 AM
No Taxation For Global Occupation.

That message would be sent loud and clear when the Media interviews us.

tarsus
11-07-2007, 09:21 AM

Ooo, I like.

justinc.1089
11-07-2007, 09:22 AM
I love "The Party Has Just Began." That one is much, much better than anything I thought of lol. When someone makes a good site for this they should use that as a slogan.

Adam0980
11-07-2007, 09:43 AM

People here may not go that route, but I guarantee you the average person will definitely see that phrase and think exactly what I thought. You even say why what I am saying will happen. You said you were thinking more in line with "beginning to celebrate." A celebration is exactly what a party is. So you provide your own answer actually. Anyway, I am telling you. This slogan will be very confusing. And it sounds to joyful, which is not what we want. We want something sincere and arousing.

NinjaPirate
11-07-2007, 09:46 AM
People here may not go that route, but I guarantee you the average person will definitely see that phrase and think exactly what I thought. You even say why what I am saying will happen. You said you were thinking more in line with "beginning to celebrate." A celebration is exactly what a party is. So you provide your own answer actually. Anyway, I am telling you. This slogan will be very confusing. And it sounds to joyful, which is not what we want. We want something sincere and arousing.

I see what you're saying, but I'm not seeing you eye-to-eye on this.

JordanL
11-07-2007, 09:47 AM

Suggestions?

misconstrued
11-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Simple. "Give me liberty or give me death."

(score some brownie points with NH crowd...)

KewlRonduderules
11-07-2007, 09:57 AM

I disagree with your notion.

I think the slogan is just that- sincere and arousing.

Moreover, people will see that this comemorates the Boston Tea Party. I doubt they are that stupid.

You are right in one respect, people will interpret it the way they want to. We have a diverse country. I seriously doubt it will have this negative effect like "partying". :rolleyes:

FYI, a celebration is not necessarily a party. And are party is not necessarily a celebration.

"the party has just begun" -I think it works at all levels because it can be interpreted on so many different ways.

justinc.1089
11-07-2007, 10:27 AM
I like Give me liberty or give me death the best. Its a classic, why not go with it?

And I see what you're saying about the other idea, and you're probably right.:( So I say we use "Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death" the most. It will also strengthen the BTP theme a lot, which will make it more similar to Nov.5th since it had a very strong theme, in fact almost too strong lol.

theseus51
11-07-2007, 10:38 AM
I think it should be a tax thing. I'll go with the "no taxation for global occupation". It actually makes you stop and think. The "party has just begun" sounds like you're promoting something else, I'm not sure what. But definitely not a liberty and freedom revolution.

literatim
11-07-2007, 10:50 AM
I like "No taxation for global occupation."

Adam0980
11-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Couple of quick things...

I am not making a judgment about people's intelligence. It is about connections. The average person will most likely see something that says the party is just beginning as a kickoff to some celebration. That has nothing to do with intelligence. It's just custom. Most people will initially think of a gathering and not some organization (meaning a political party). And I wasn't suggesting whether it will have positive or negative effect. I am only saying it simply doesn't work because of the easy possibility of most people initially thinking of a big party.

As for Patrick Henry's saying, I think that may just not connect well with the BTP. It was more about taxation wasn't it. The sentiment of liberty or death wasn't really paramount at the BTP. In fact, I agree with what someone said above about this phrase being too powerful. That's why it might not be good. We don't want to diminish the actual sentiment of the BTP. However, I agree it's probably something to at least consider.

I personally fell something about taxation will connect better with everyone. However, no Taxation for global occupation to me doesn't ring as well as it's inspiration. I feel this is on the right track but maybe we can do better.

Tidewise
11-07-2007, 11:24 AM
NO TAXATION FOR FOREIGN OCCUPATION

literatim
11-07-2007, 11:38 AM

:D

ConstitutionGal
11-07-2007, 11:41 AM
"The party has just begun."

I like that.

I have the PERFECT song to accompany that slogan. It's Freestyle's "The Party Has Just Begun"... you can hear it by going to this website:

http://www.knoxvillepartybus.com - the mp3 loads with the home page.

---and, yes, it's one of the sites that I designed but I'm not trying to push that, just the song. The song streams from the home page but, if you don't want to visit the site, you can hear the song here:

http://www.knoxvillepartybus.com/Sounds/ThePartyHasJustBegun.mp3

..you just have to wait for it to download before it will start playing there.

jm1776
11-07-2007, 11:45 AM
"no taxation for global occupation"

This is a major platform position of Dr. Paul. It goes beyond Iraq and Afghanistan to encompass all 130 world wide bases.

What about making the pledge amount $130.00 to tie things in nicely? Based on Nov. 5th people will donate as much as they can anyway and 130 might give the media a point to ponder.

micahnelson
11-07-2007, 11:53 AM
"Axe your tax, send the max!"

"Something is brewing in America"

"Steeped in debt? There is hope yet."

"Washington is in for a Brewed Awakening"

JenHarris
11-07-2007, 11:56 AM

I really hate all the ones that were the choices on the poll. Too wordy, not catchy, and not fun to say, meaning it doesn't roll off the tongue.

How bout
Dollars today keep the doctor in play.

JenHarris
11-07-2007, 11:57 AM
"Axe your tax, send the max!"

"Washington is in for a Brewed Awakening"

both catchy and i love puns :)

Adam0980
11-07-2007, 12:05 PM
I agree with JenHarris. I think that type of phrasing isn't good. It doesn't work well. I really like the way micahnelson is heading. The one I like the best is "Something is brewing in America." It alludes to the event. It's not overly ambitious. It will get your attention. And it's smart with the play on words.

However, on the other hand, it kinda doesn't work within the context. The Boston Tea Party...nothing was brewing. We we're getting rid of the tea, not brewing it. How about "Nothing is brewing in America anymore." No just kidding.

ConstitutionGal
11-07-2007, 12:05 PM
I like this one a LOT:

"Something is brewing in America"

micahnelson
11-07-2007, 12:09 PM
I agree with JenHarris. I think that type of phrasing isn't good. It doesn't work well. I really like the way micahnelson is heading. The one I like the best is "Something is brewing in America." It alludes to the event. It's not overly ambitious. It will get your attention. And it's smart with the play on words.

However, on the other hand, it kinda doesn't work within the context. The Boston Tea Party...nothing was brewing. We we're getting rid of the tea, not brewing it. How about "Nothing is brewing in America anymore." No just kidding.

its just a pun.

You know how the news introduces stories... like, lets say a dog interrupted a political rally... "Coming up next, one constituent is barking up the wrong tree"

or if there is some sort of eastern european reunion in your town they would say "Well it looks like the Chechen's have come home to roost" ....

i hate those things, and i hate that i can think of them, lol.

kylejack
11-07-2007, 12:16 PM
"Let every man do his duty, and be true to his country."

Adam0980
11-07-2007, 12:18 PM
its just a pun.

You know how the news introduces stories... like, lets say a dog interrupted a political rally... "Coming up next, one constituent is barking up the wrong tree"

or if there is some sort of eastern european reunion in your town they would say "Well it looks like the Chechen's have come home to roost" ....

i hate those things, and i hate that i can think of them, lol.

No no no...I totally get that it's a pun. I am just suggesting that maybe it's just the wrong pun. That's all. If we can stay within the same vein but make it fit the context then i think we're golden.

kylejack
11-07-2007, 12:20 PM
Eyewitness account of the Boston Tea Party:

To the first application of this committee, the Governor told them he would give them a definite answer by five o'clock in the afternoon. At the hour appointed, the committee again repaired to the Governor's house, and on inquiry found he had gone to his country seat at Milton, a distance of about six miles. When the committee returned and informed the meeting of the absence of the Governor, there was a confused murmur among the members, and the meeting was immediately dissolved, many of them crying out, "Let every man do his duty, and be true to his country"; and there was a general huzza for Griffin's wharf.
http://www.historyplace.com/unitedstates/revolution/teaparty.htm

The original American patriots were those individuals brave enough to resist with force the oppressive power of King George. I accept the definition of patriotism as that effort to resist oppressive state power. The true patriot is motivated by a sense of responsibility, and out of self interest -- for himself, his family, and the future of his country -- to resist government abuse of power. He rejects the notion that patriotism means obedience to the state.
-Ron Paul

The historical context of the actual slogan would be really powerful, and would get some play in the media, I suspect. Plus: its just awesome.

literatim
11-07-2007, 12:21 PM
"Let every man do his duty, and be true to his country."

I like this because it's historic.

Original_Intent
11-07-2007, 12:24 PM
"Once again, tell 'King George' that enough is enough!"

I also REALLY like "No taxation for foreign occupation".

Ridiculous
11-07-2007, 12:26 PM

I like this better than "global occupation", which sounds a little New World Order, conspiracy theory-ish

Cam
11-07-2007, 12:41 PM
How about "The Ron Paul GREEN Tea Party"

NinjaPirate
11-07-2007, 12:49 PM
How about "The Ron Paul GREEN Tea Party"

Too asian!

NinjaPirate
11-07-2007, 12:50 PM

haha, I kinda like the King George slogan.

KewlRonduderules
11-07-2007, 01:00 PM

This is good.

:)

literatim
11-07-2007, 01:21 PM
We don't need to insult anyone for our slogan. Seriously people, do you love bad publicity or something?

jm1776
11-07-2007, 01:37 PM
"No taxation for foreign occupation"

I like this better than "global occupation", which sounds a little New World Order, conspiracy theory-ish

I agree, much better.

Or even "No Taxation for Foreign or Domestic Occupation. ;)

fiddler1
11-07-2007, 01:41 PM
How about if everyone snail mailed teabags to ALL the media outlets and personalities in the US.. to arrive on the 16th? Spam their snailmail boxes, With the slogan (whatever it ends up being) writtin on the teabag tag... Lets see, one for Orielly, one for Hannity, one for Pat Robertson.. Haha.. What you people think?

literatim
11-07-2007, 01:49 PM
How about if everyone snail mailed teabags to ALL the media outlets and personalities in the US.. to arrive on the 16th? Spam their snailmail boxes, With the slogan (whatever it ends up being) writtin on the teabag tag... Lets see, one for Orielly, one for Hannity, one for Pat Robertson.. Haha.. What you people think?

I would rather not. A complete waste of effort and money. We don't need to harass the media with something like this.

jm1776
11-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Thinking about this a bit more, it really is about this:

"No Taxation on Labor"

Of course to be consistent with the original event we would have to throw ourselves into Boston Harbor and I bet it is damn cold in December!

GHoeberX
11-07-2007, 03:24 PM
My suggestion for 16 December:

Boston Tea Party: Repeat the revolution!

DeadheadForPaul
11-07-2007, 03:38 PM
"Renew the American Revolution"

justinc.1089
11-07-2007, 04:30 PM
I like "Renew the American Revolution" the best now from what I have heard by far, good thinking!