PDA

View Full Version : Tactics when advocating against war with Iran

MikeM39
12-02-2011, 01:47 PM
I've noticed that the hawk Republicans who have been programmed with this "we must attack Iran" hysteria don't consider the consequences to such an attack. A U.S. attack on Iran would likely create an Iranian response against Israel in the form of 10,000 long ranged rockets stationed by Hezbollah in Lebanon. Hezbollah has already said that in the next war with Israel they would target Tel Aviv which was not targetted in the 2008 war. Tel Aviv is Israel's New York City and if Tel Aviv went into chaos with fires everywhere and the normal business activity of the city shut down, Wall Street would certainly feel the impact. I would say to one of these hawks, "Do you want to harm both Israel's economy and our own?"

This line of reasoning takes the focus off of the hawk's idea of Ron Paul supporters as appeasing wimps and instead makes us look more economically aware of the results of war on the financial system. This tactic makes the hawk feel embarrassed because he then realizes that he was ignorant to the full range of aspects that are involved in war and that going to war is not as simple as being a macho man and kickin' butt. Ultimately, the hawk comes away from the discussion with a lot more doubt about what he hears from Fox News and mainstream Republican radio on the issue of attacking Iran.

Elfshadow
12-02-2011, 01:56 PM
I have had success with just asking them if they really believe the same people that told them that Iraq had weapons of mass destuction.

Xenophage
12-02-2011, 02:32 PM
I seriously think the majority of Republican voters think war is like a football game with more fireworks, or a NASCAR circuit with even more awesome shit and explosions. It's like the Indy 500 at Mach 3, or a destruction derby with mother e'ffin tanks.

Yeehaw.