PDA

View Full Version : Gingrich offers Romney one on one debates

Johnnybags
12-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Romney says no but the Paul campaign should let it be know he would gladly accept. DRUDGE

iamse7en
12-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Please provide links next time. A bit faster than scouring through Drudge. :)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2011/12/02/romney_declines_lincoln-douglas_debate_against_gingrich_112265.html

Krugerrand
12-02-2011, 01:59 PM
The "I-don't-want-Romney's" out number the "I-want-Romney's."

The last thin Romney would want is to unify the "I-don't-want-Romney's."

bill1971
12-02-2011, 04:44 PM
Clever way to eliminate the other candidates.

matt0611
12-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Would love to see Ron in a 1-1 debate.

trey4sports
12-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Gingrich is cocky enough to go head to head with Ron.

roversaurus
12-02-2011, 05:01 PM

Yes, that's why Dr Paul should accept the challenge with a little innuendo of "What are you too chicken?"

Paul should be able to do well

evilfunnystuff
12-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Yes, that's why Dr Paul should accept the challenge with a little innuendo of "What are you too chicken?"

Paul should be able to do well

He should do that and hold this picture up while making chicken sounds on a national interview. lol
http://www.internetweekly.org/images/gingrich_last_chicken.jpg

Aratus
12-02-2011, 05:49 PM
newt and ron jump mitt in debate mode as poor herman simcity fades?

AuH20
12-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Would love to see Ron in a 1-1 debate.

I wouldn't. Gingrich is calling for head-to-head debates because he's the 300 pound heavyweight with the devastating hook. He's not stupid. He knows he performs exceptionally well in debates, which helps camouflage his piss poor record of statism.

AuH20
12-02-2011, 06:03 PM

He'd destroy Ron. Ron is a great philosopher statesman who's more comfortable with a pen in his hand than a microphone. Gingrich could convince an eskimo to purchase a refrigerator in the middle of winter.

Aratus
12-02-2011, 06:17 PM
... or ron debates newt
as mitt debates jon...

hillertexas
12-02-2011, 06:23 PM
I think Ron would do excellent in a one-on-one debate with The Newt. If he interrupts and is rude to Ron....he would come across as bullying an old man. And if he lets Ron speak, Ron would kick his chubby ass.

Aratus
12-02-2011, 06:33 PM
mitt can be digdug on in big dig terms!

herman is about to simcity recede as

as christian 527/pac hath pacman ad

that just ate newt up tale and all. or

do i think crash + burn and internetz?

bunklocoempire
12-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Ron and Snoot debate? Sure. Let the truth get out there. People should have every chance they can to hear the truth -what they then do with the truth is their own business.

I don't think Gingrich would take that chance -the establishment can't afford to let him.

Bunkloco

CaptUSA
12-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Yes, Gingrich is a good debater, but he has a fatal weakness in debates. If you go after him or question the BS he is trying to peddle, he becomes very flustered, angry, and belittling. It is such an undesirable quality and it is easy to achieve. You have seen glimmers of that in past debates, but if a one on one debate were to happen, and Ron Paul told him one of his "ideas" were nonsense, Newt would implode.

vechorik
12-02-2011, 07:02 PM
I wouldn't. Gingrich is calling for head-to-head debates because he's the 300 pound heavyweight with the devastating hook. He's not stupid. He knows he performs exceptionally well in debates, which helps camouflage his piss poor record of statism.

Newt also lies, which will take Dr. Paul aback.

AlexG
12-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Romney would never accept a 1 on 1 debate with anyone. He is only doin what he has to do, he feels like he's entitled to the nomination. I love that he's finally taking his competition seriously but I hate that its Newt.

wgadget
12-02-2011, 09:00 PM
I thought this comment at the Drudge link was hilarious:

I'd rather see a Burr–Hamilton style debate (at 30 paces). --By the way, I won't be watching the RJC "debate" since they didn't invite Ron Paul. RJC = Fascist.

Rael
12-02-2011, 09:10 PM
Gingrich said the other day that he is going to be the nominee. Since it's a foregone conclusion, why waste time doing any more debates?

Feeding the Abscess
12-02-2011, 09:13 PM
He'd destroy Ron. Ron is a great philosopher statesman who's more comfortable with a pen in his hand than a microphone. Gingrich could convince an eskimo to purchase a refrigerator in the middle of winter.

Have you seen his debates with the editorial boards of newspapers?

ShaneEnochs
12-02-2011, 09:25 PM
I hate to hear newt speak. He always pauses after his first sentence as to "let it sink in", as if he's dropping some huge knowledge bomb on us all. I hope he catches fire.

Cutlerzzz
12-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Gingrich: I was a more vocal of Cap and Trade than you. Did you campain with Nancy Pelosi did get it passed?

Romney: Well that is true that I did not do enought to advocate Cap and Trade, but I was able to implement a better health care program than you. We both advocated an Individual Mandate for years, Mr. Speaker, but you were unable to implement it. I was able to succeed and implement it

Gingrich: That may be true, but where did you get the idea? You learned of the Individual Mandate from me. Not only that, but I have done more to get the bailouts, Medicare Part D, and the Department of Education to pass than you have. I have also done more to start wars and cause strife then you have.

Romney: While I was not able to vote in favor of any wars as governor, I did write favorably of every war and conflict to ever take place in my book, No Apologies. I would attempt to put up twice the sanctions against against Iran as president, and in doing so, I could match your death toll from the Iraq Sanctions of the 90s. Furthermore, Massachusetts has much tighter gun control laws and fewer restrictions on abortion than the Federal Government had while you were Speaker.

That would be a great debate...

AuH20
12-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Newt also lies, which will take Dr. Paul aback.

Newt really is an excellent debater. That's his forte. Dropping knowledge w/ statistical analysis as well as his exercising his reputation as the elite policy wonk in the field. Ron's not quick enough or resourceful to keep up with an individual like Newt in a rapid fire debate of in-depth policy. There is an obvious reason why Newt goes around challenging everyone to debates. He wanted Obama to take him on in a series of 12 debates around the country. Then the other today, he challenged Romney. So it's pretty clear cut to understand Newt's agenda, which is primarily focused on overwhelming his opposition with his debating skills. Too bad Newt is a serial philander, liar and all-around rogue, because he is quite brilliant in many respects.

The Free Hornet
12-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Newt challenging everyone to debates could be great fodder. He is exposing himself as a one-trick pony. We don't need a Debater in Chief.

cindy25
12-02-2011, 11:15 PM
a one on one debate, even if Gingrich wins, would have the perception its a 2 man race. and while Gingrich might win, it would not be blowout.

Tinnuhana
12-02-2011, 11:25 PM
His 1-to-1 debate with Cain was a lovefest.

Forty Twice
12-03-2011, 12:29 AM
Ron should mildly offer to debate. Sure Newt has more debating skill, but Ron's no slouch. Newt's willing to lie, so it's up to Ron to catch him. I think he can. On the other hand, Ron has the huge advantage that his positions are more in line with most of the voters. Gingrich is craftily spinning the 1%'s talking points in hopes that the
sheep follow. But Ron's just saying it like it is. I don't think Ron has to worry. Newt does.

Newt and Mitt have basically the same positions that the 1% demand they take. Between them, it boils down to pure debate skill.

Cutlerzzz
12-03-2011, 12:39 AM
Ron should mildly offer to debate. Sure Newt has more debating skill, but Ron's no slouch. Newt's willing to lie, so it's up to Ron to catch him. I think he can. On the other hand, Ron has the huge advantage that his positions are more in line with most of the voters. Gingrich is craftily spinning the 1%'s talking points in hopes that the
sheep follow. But Ron's just saying it like it is. I don't think Ron has to worry. Newt does.

Newt and Mitt have basically the same positions that the 1% demand they take. Between them, it boils down to pure debate skill.Gotta love the off topic class warfare.

Feeding the Abscess
12-03-2011, 06:02 AM
Newt really is an excellent debater. That's his forte. Dropping knowledge w/ statistical analysis as well as his exercising his reputation as the elite policy wonk in the field. Ron's not quick enough or resourceful to keep up with an individual like Newt in a rapid fire debate of in-depth policy. There is an obvious reason why Newt goes around challenging everyone to debates. He wanted Obama to take him on in a series of 12 debates around the country. Then the other today, he challenged Romney. So it's pretty clear cut to understand Newt's agenda, which is primarily focused on overwhelming his opposition with his debating skills. Too bad Newt is a serial philander, liar and all-around rogue, because he is quite brilliant in many respects.

Ron was just fine in the interviews with editorial boards of various papers. I'd actually say he does best in contentious atmospheres.

unknown
12-03-2011, 06:39 AM
Imagine that, 2 liars/hypocrites debating each other.

Think Newt is feeling the heat?

Revolution9
12-03-2011, 07:33 AM

That is only because he really and truly believes in the idea of the refrigerator. If there's any leftovers ya gotta put them somewhere before you gorge on them next round.

Rev9

Revolution9
12-03-2011, 07:39 AM

This assessment is a lopsided load of codswallop. Newt is a loudmouth who is a fake intellectual. He is a parrot in a gilded mind cage.

Rev9

HOLLYWOOD
12-03-2011, 08:39 AM
I hate to hear newt speak. He always pauses after his first sentence as to "let it sink in", as if he's dropping some huge knowledge bomb on us all. I hope he catches fire.The command of the language and the art of 'Public Speaking'. This is how politicians win votes. Germany followed Hilter to ruin of his incredible mesmerizing speeches with Inducing Fear, Foreign Threats, Nationalism, and Safety.

History repeats itself with Newt, Romney, Obama, and the rest of Circus Twirlers within Washington DC... on a daily basis.