PDA

View Full Version : Terry Branstad: Ron Paul has top Iowa operation

tsai3904
12-02-2011, 10:16 AM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1211/69603.html

Terry Branstad, Iowa Governor:

“Ron Paul has got probably the best organization and has a very loyal following. He’s got more yard signs and bumper stickers than anybody else,” he said. “I don’t think he’ll win, but I think he will get 15 to 18 percent. The person who wins is going to probably get 25 percent plus."

Badger Paul
12-02-2011, 10:17 AM
The article says the campaign has about 20,000 hardcore supporters which would put him at 18 percent already. If we can expand that by seven percent we should win the caucus with 25 percent.

IndianaPolitico
12-02-2011, 10:19 AM
The poll from RevPAC has us with 25%, so we obviously can't win... :rolleyes:

bluesc
12-02-2011, 10:20 AM
The article says the campaign has about 20,000 hardcore supporters which would put him at 18 percent already. If we can expand that by seven percent we should win the caucus with 25 percent.

Not hardcore supporters, but CONFIRMED caucus goers - meaning they have been contacted already. There are certainly more that have yet to be contacted. Get calling for the phone from home program to help out :)

We're going to prove the Governor wrong on Jan 3rd.

turbobrain9
12-02-2011, 10:27 AM
Not a good thing when the governor starts giving numbers out...I hope we have people at all caucases keeping track of votes.

trey4sports
12-02-2011, 10:33 AM

To be fair, the campaign is not going to give out their real numbers.

Elwar
12-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Not a good thing when the governor starts giving numbers out...I hope we have people at all caucases keeping track of votes.

The Paul campaign released the 20,000 numbers in the Time article.

WilliamC
12-02-2011, 10:50 AM
It's probably common knowledge to anyone important enough to want to hide it from, so why not release it?

How many confirmed caucus goers do all of the other candidates have at this time?

seapilot
12-02-2011, 11:47 AM
People are looking for a winner that is why there are many undecided. Ron Paul wins Iowa many will jump on the bandwagon. The "he cant win" myth needs to be destroyed, abolished and wiped out from peoples minds forever.

samsung1
12-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Concerns me that branstad said Ron won't win. Lead me to believe he knows something or he is aware that the screw job will be implemented ie lost voting ballots. He seemed pretty sure in saying " he won't win".

Omnica
12-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Its not the votes that count. Rather, Those who count the votes matter.

Guaranteed, the establishment agents have infiltrated the RP 2012 campaign,
and will stymie grassroot efforts to ensure honest primary elections.

The establishment has everything to lose if Paul wins the nomination and/or the Presidency, as he damn well should.
Therefore, they will stop at nothing to prevent Dr. Paul's success.

Omnica
12-02-2011, 07:57 PM
Someone posted the video of the NH secretary of state in 2008 violating legal procedure for handling the votes.
He had guilty written all over his face. I believe he is still the Sec of state, unfortunately.

Endthefednow
12-02-2011, 08:03 PM
So, we should just give up? is that what you are saying Omnica?

wgadget
12-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Concerns me that branstad said Ron won't win. Lead me to believe he knows something or he is aware that the screw job will be implemented ie lost voting ballots. He seemed pretty sure in saying " he won't win".

Reminds me so much of Erick Erickson (Erickspin), who has from the start said RON PAUL WILL NOT BE THE NOMINEE in his weekly analysis of the week. It's weird, and infuriating.

Omnica
12-02-2011, 08:11 PM
No, i just hope the campaign is vigilant, as we all should be.

Vigilance is not defeatism.

Student Of Paulism
12-02-2011, 08:15 PM

He said 'i don't think he will win'. But yea, it does seem a bit concerning, with him spouting off percentages and such. When you combine this with Newt saying the other night 'i will be the nominee' in a very calm and cocky tone, it's just really scary to hear that. He seems VERY assured in saying that. His 'magical' and instant surge in just 3 weeks time just seems really odd. And as someone pointed out, the SoS of NH is about as guilty as it gets with the stunt that was pulled in 08.

And then, there is of course, Mr Bush who also said 'he wouldn't lose' in an even more firm tone, and...eh...who knows anymore :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwJDs1cg9Eo

roho76
12-02-2011, 08:32 PM

Well, then. A Republican won't win if they don't nominate Ron Paul. In the primaries or the general elections.

sailingaway
12-02-2011, 08:35 PM

I think it is really dangerous to use 2007 assumptions. There were contested primaries on BOTH SIDES then, and Obama drew the independents who were sick of the GOP after Bush. The Ames straw poll was supposed to be poorly attended, but Ron got more votes than Romney had in 2007 and Bachmann and Randy Travis still won, if not by many votes. People are angry, and I think a lot will show up. And since there is no choice on the Dem side this year, I think more will show up in the GOP primary.

Lafayette
12-02-2011, 08:46 PM

Lets be fair here, he said “I don’t think he’ll win, but I think he will get 15 to 18 percent." not that he couldn't win, or can't win or that GOP voters won't vote for him.

Liberty74
12-02-2011, 08:48 PM
People are looking for a winner that is why there are many undecided. Ron Paul wins Iowa many will jump on the bandwagon. The "he cant win" myth needs to be destroyed, abolished and wiped out from peoples minds forever.

I hope so because I have a few coworkers that are luke warm to Ron Paul yet keep repeating the "he can't win" hoax.

Liberty74
12-02-2011, 09:08 PM
I read this article yesterday via my Ron Paul iPhone app and all I kept reading was the governor pumping up that Gingrich.