PDA

View Full Version : Selling Ron Paul to Young Voters that normally wouldn't vote

Jac
12-02-2011, 02:14 AM
Marketing Ron Paul to young voters that normally wouldn't care for nor understand good politics I believe is of utmost importance. Alex Jones is a Star War's aficionado, and one of Ron's most staunch supporters over the years, admitting that most of the people that were introduced to him were from Alex's show. In keeping with this paradigm you can see in videos like this, Ron Paul Constitution Jedi of the Republic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQi7f3s5PSs) is a great way to play to these potential voters. What I suggest is that someone good at video editing make a short series of these, putting Ron in popular media and movies and showing Newt Gingrich as characters like Darth Sidious the Emperor and Mitt Romney like Lord Vader and the like. You can add in small factual tidbits of Ron's Financial/economic/or foreign policies. It may seem childish, but that maybe the way to get people involved with it by playing to their fantasies. This was also how Captain Planet played to the young generation to induce real mature topics to a child audience, and today there is such a thing as the Planeteer Movement. captainplanet.me

Here is another example from the X Men (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz4MTkNphXo#t=52s) Go wild, it will be fun either way. When done these can be posted on twitter, youtube, facebook, etc.

Steppenwolf6
12-03-2011, 11:46 PM
Molotov Mitchell videos at the WorldNetDaily are really good for the young and for conservatives in general for that matter:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=349453

AND they do work in convincing them,I have seen them working in convincing them with my own eyes.

MikefromSyracuse
12-06-2011, 01:10 PM
This is a key topic and we should put to shame the 2008 Obama campaign in this movement. Lots of creative approaches as you mention.

Some ideas are:

Ron Paul Revolution sponsored local rock and hip hop bands and musicians of age range 18-25 emphasizing songs about freedom, free expression, peace through cultural exchange with other countries, a riff about certain parts of the constitution, OWS inspired anthems. Have RP sponsored concerts this coming summer and fall.

Have money prizes for best Revolution songs and creative art posters. Example is RP as 'flavor of the decade' and extend that to we are the 'flavor of the millenium'.

A little corny but that's where brainstorming with others comes in to crystalize these ideas.

CaptUSA
12-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Oh, how I love seeing new posters!!!

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest that you should pursue those and any other ideas you have. Once you have something workable, bring it back to the forums and we'll help spread it around. If you're looking for help for something specific, ask. There are plenty of people here with skills and someone will steer you in the right direction. I have learned, though, that if you really want an idea to get off the ground, you have to be the motor.

Again, welcome and keep working!!!

armenia4ever
12-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Emphasis on personal freedoms and legalization of drugs. That usually seems to do the trick sometimes. We've got to do what Obama did in 08 with voters our age, except we can emphasize that our candidate won't break his promises and flip-flop.

If I can get 19 year old progressives on board brainswashed by the education system, there IS hope.